• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help against Marcina

Sir_Africa

Smash Cadet
Having some trouble lately both at my locals and online against this match-up. Against a really good swordsman who can space fairs and dtilts pretty well, I'm not sure what to do or how to get in. I've heard that I need to respect their spacing and try to whiff punish or attack in between their hits but sometimes their defense just seems airtight not leaving me much room to find my footing.

So I've gotta ask, what are some general strats for me as a Mario main that I can exercise in this match up?

Nubby

Smash Cadet
Mario is playing a defensive bait and punish playstyle against Marcina. FLUDD messes with any swordies spacing game so use that often. Fireball messes with them also so use that. If Marcina can't space their fairs 100% of the time, use up b out of shield or up smash out of shield to get them off of you. Also remember, Marcina can up b out of shield also when they're in a combo or in their space. Marcina's up b also hits through ledge if your trying to edgeguard so just look out for that while edgeguarding. Mix up your recovery also due to Marcina's edgeguarding game being really good. Finally, don't shield so much because of neutral b being a shield breaker.

Top Bottom