• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Neat PKT2 (Re?)Discovery

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
I found this out on complete accident, but I was able to recreate it about once out of every 400,000 tries. I haven't completely mastered the angle, but since Ness is a bad character, people may consider him dead under Battlefield. Since I love that stage I was messing around and found that you can swing jump and sorta follow the stage up to the ledge. In a match that was just for fun I got stuck under, and since I was tired of trying to find and angle where Ness might actually sweetspot (which I am convinced just will not happen; he is facing the wrong way), I decided to try to ride the stage. Which worked...surprisingly. In any case, just thought I would share what I found, and possibly revive knowledge "buried" in the Ness boards. Since I don't have any sort of recording device, I will just say it works similarly to using PKT2 to ride down the cliff on the rock formation on Pokemon Stadium. For video of that, I think it is in Simna's combo video Illuminati, or something like that.

Upke

Smash Journeyman
So how great is it when Ness rides part of a wall under a ledge and he decides to peel off at the end so he's just far enough away to not grab it in the end? I love that.

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
I have the bouncing away problem at FoD more than Yoshi's. I guess I just got used to going way lower than the little boy should to recover.

Top Bottom