• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Rehash Vol. 4 "Pause DQ Edition" RESULTS!

archer.

Smash Lord
My TL is bad and got me no where.

GG's everyone, hope you all enjoyed the cake. <3

BEES

Smash Lord
I lost a white gamecube controller. It was new-ish and there were no identifying marks on it :(. If anyone notices they have an extra white controller, holla.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
Good work to my boys chu & boss. I think I'll be going to Apex just for funs since it'll be the first time I go back to a tournament since like... a year?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
this tournament: :troll:

yo tac, you almost had my nonganon. ya weren't quite ready for mah fox tho. i think u also SD'd or something.

yo bryan, you like...can't get hit that much vs ganon. idk, but that guy just kinda kills things if you let him touch you. but once you get past that, you should be good to go.

yo raphael, keep playing. you're a good personality to add to NC. keep working that tech skill and speed up.

to everyone else, lol. wish i coulda left earlier.

bdenhawk

Smash Journeyman
damn, woulda liked to make it to this one. but seeing as the rest of charlotte didn't go either, i guess its not so bad lol

very proud of snap though wooohoo!

slasher what happened?!

and who did boss play as in melee?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Chris, Thanks for the dittos. They were a lot of fun, and I learned a lot from them. Ganon dittos are definitely my favorite matchup now. I've been working on my tech skill a bit today, and I think I got the hang of ledgedashing. My Ganon is going to move a lot faster the next time you see him.

Josh, thanks for all the games. I enjoyed them, and learned a lot. Thanks for taking the time to teach me more about hitboxes, sweetspotting, etc. Maybe you should ban Brinstar next time I play you.

Stingers, thanks for the advice about practicing running from NPCs. I tried it a bit this morning, and it was a lot better for practicing than what I was doing before. We never did have that $100 rounded up to the nearest 0 MM, though. Next time I see you, you're going down.
If I happen to land a Dair you while you're in the air.

Boss, thanks for taking the time to show me some of Ganon's dashing and chain grabbing. I'll learn from everything you showed me.

Ballard, thanks for the great games. I enjoyed teaming with you, we should do it again sometime. Only this time I won't KO you as much, I was doing it way too often.

Chris and Stingers. Remember during Game two when you were both like "Damn, they're winning"? Don't ever forget that. Ever.

To everyone else I played, thanks for the fun games. To the people I didn't play, my Ganon's going to play you soon. Watch out.

anything going up on youtube from this tournament
I'll start uploading videos later today. The first ones I plan to upload are Josh v Boss (and maybe their friendlies afterward) and Stingers and Bl@ckChris v Boss and Chu Dat.

and who did boss play as in melee?
Mario and Doc, although I believe he played Falcon against me. He was the only Falcon who didn't do a lot better against when I counterpicked Brinstar.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yo we definitely had to look down at the stocks and then reassure ourselves. it was definitely one of those important moments where we both had one stock left and were like uhhh....we should do something now.

our set vs boss and chu was pretty bad. second game we almost did some things right. first game was terribad though. i can't wait to hear DJ's commentary LOL.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
My pool match vs Ballard and Corey were both on that tv. I'd like to see those uploaded

I play blue Marth and use the WNTR tag

:phone:

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Raphael, when you upload those videos could you label me as "Lightsyde" and have Lightsyde and Darksyde as tags? I'd appreciate it. Thanks for recording, it was good meeting and playing you. Hope I was helpful.

Boss, thanks for a legit Loser's Finals set. Really intense stuff.

Possibly more shoutouts later.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Good stuff guys Shout out's soon alright!

1: Chudat ($63.00) (Split) - Im gonna get you next time. I promise you that lol.
2: Boss ($31.50) (Split) - Always good to see that sexy luigi.
3: stingers ($10.50) @-@ Always looking like rob.
4: Pitzer - Play this damn game more.
5: Stockfield - Nice Justin Beiber Cake LOL. BABY BABY BABY OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Nades nades nades OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh.
5: Killanator - GODDAMN YOSHI
7: The Lawnmower (archibald) :troll: They see me camping, they hating.
7: Ragnarok - ?
9: Famous - Damnit famous don't play Project M no more.
9: Waldorf - Roocas?
9: Keith - ?
9: Gryph - ?
13: Zach - ?
13: Uncle - Bowser so good man
13: Seth - Wario Cha cha grab release.
13: Taj - MARVLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
17: Chris
17: Dan
17: Big V from NC
17: Gaga - No Pit = you suck LOL Play pit more
17: Ltl - 5Ibs Sour patch kids bag.
17: Chase - ?
17: Zeldarox - Sorry we had to kick you off the tv

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I've started uploading videos, you can find the first one here: http://youtu.be/oHWrSjOIDSg

I'll upload a few more today, and more tomorrow.

EDIT: Part 2 is uploaded at http://youtu.be/UZ-KzZoCjhI
I just noticed that the top and bottom got cut off when I was taking the individual matches out of the big video. I'll redo that tomorrow, and reupload them with the whole video showing.

Top Bottom