• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nature's Calling - Nakoruru for Smash! (Maybe next season?)

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Better than nothing. I don't think SNK will have an other characters later. This seems like a big "SNK DLC" with a focus on KoF.

Last edited:

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
If you want to support the idea of Nakoruru in Smash, Go buy the costume to show her popularity.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Not sure what to say. Sadly the main character did not get in. At the Kyo thread they said they wish they were a costume like Iori. Well as for me, I will buy the Nakoruru costume for support, hopefully if sales get high someone will notice; but sad we may never get the level of recognition as Sans, who was just a costume.

amageish

Smash Master
I'm happy she's a Spirit and a Mii Costume, but I am kind of sad that she wasn't also able to be a stage cameo... Can't win them all, I guess.

That said, the use of Fletchling in her costume reveal was adorable.

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
As sad as the news may be, on the bright side we got a remix of Banquet of Nature done by Masami Ueda (one of the lead music composers of Ōkami).

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
As sad as the news may be, on the bright side we got a remix of Banquet of Nature done by Masami Ueda (one of the lead music composers of Ōkami).

Yeah the remix is phenomenal! The first thing I did on 6.0.0 was Terry + KoF Stadium + Remix Banquet of Nature. Worth every penny.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
My condolences, everyone. It's been a while since a character got a deconfirmation this thorough. In fairness, I was convinced she didn't get in before this happened anyway. Maybe next game.

Better than nothing. I don't think SNK will have an other characters later. This seems like a big "SNK DLC" with a focus on KoF.
With the only possible exception of Metal Slug. It's bleeding weird how that only got music tracks out of all this content dump, so we'll probably see Marco at some point. Almost definitely not in the second batch, but perhaps a third one.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I don't think you could have chosen a more fitting composer for a SamSho remix than those from Okami. Nako is pretty much the first character from my DLC wishlist that got the axe (although to be fair I expect a good chunk of them to not even be mentioned at all given how unlikely they seem), but I'm not awfully surprised given Terry's reveal. It's still kinda neat that out of all the characters from SamSho she got the most love, for whatever that's worth.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Very happy to see Nakoruru at least getting in as a Mii costume in addition to a spirit.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
nice to see she got a mii costume at the very least. I always considered that the second best outcome behind being a full fledged fighter.

Oh, and the Banquet of Nature remix is soooooooooo good, like I can't stop listening to it!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

nice to see she got a mii costume at the very least. I always considered that the second best outcome behind being a full fledged fighter.

Oh, and the Banquet of Nature remix is soooooooooo good, like I can't stop listening to it!
Every single SNK Remix is a banger.

Love the effort they put into this.

D

Deleted member

Soooooo Samurai Shodown question--I was watching a story mode walkthrough from the 2019 reboot, and it got me thinking: how do characters come back in the sequels after getting sliced in half like butter?
Fighting game logic.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Soooooo Samurai Shodown question--I was watching a story mode walkthrough from the 2019 reboot, and it got me thinking: how do characters come back in the sequels after getting sliced in half like butter?
Just follow the official canon stories. Though they usually happen a little bit before a sequel game appears.

Suspension of belief too? It works for the Injustice games. Sadly the One Punch Man did not follow this.

cj.

Smash Journeyman
At least we receive an excellent remix of the Nakoruru theme, is one of my favorites versions along with Connected Hearths/Kokoro wo Tsunaide

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Well we finally got news on the English Switch release date. Although it got delayed at least SamSho 2 on the Neo Geo Pocket Color is a preorder bonus.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace

Well we finally got news on the English Switch release date. Although it got delayed at least SamSho 2 on the Neo Geo Pocket Color is a preorder bonus.
Hopefully Mina will be close by the time Switch gets it.
I've been waiting to see her anyway.

Last edited:

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
It's been some time since I've last came here. Hopefully everyone's still in good spirits.

Just recently, Samurai Snake released a video that contains all of Nakoruru's monologues in her Character Sound Collection CD and being translated into English for the first time. It details on her life as a priestess, the memories of her father and sister Rimururu, her battle against Zankuro and her ending in SamSho II.
It's really cool to see stuff like this being resurfaced, especially for those who want to learn more about the character.

Along with Nakoruru, translated CSC monologues of Kyo and Iori are also released if you want to check them out.​

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
So...

Well, I guess there's now precedent for a second rep from the same series (not that Samurai Showdown and Fatal Fury are the same series, but, you know, SNK is SNK and doesn't seem to care where one IP ends and the other begins). So, that's cool for Nakoruru next game!

For now, I will continue to use her Mii Costume in a team battle with a CPU Falco...

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
There's a 40% discount on both the Switch and PS4 versions of SamSho 2019 right now in both the eShop and PSN respectively.
As well as a 50% discount on only the Steam version of the Neo Geo Collection (don't know why they don't do the same for the other versions).

It's been a while since I've been here.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master

Lots of SNK stuff today!

Important for Nakoruru are PS4 ultimate editions of King of Fighters XIV and King of Fighters 2002, both of which look pretty cool.

Samurai Showdown 2019 DLC, is getting Cham Cham as DLC, as well as Hibiki from The Last Blade 2 as a guest character, which is a fun retro throwback choice.

And KoFXV is very pretty and... looks like I would expect KOFXV to look! I'd like to see more of it to form an actual opinion, but this looks like a good start!

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902

Lots of SNK stuff today!

Important for Nakoruru are PS4 ultimate editions of King of Fighters XIV and King of Fighters 2002, both of which look pretty cool.

Samurai Showdown 2019 DLC, is getting Cham Cham as DLC, as well as Hibiki from The Last Blade 2 as a guest character, which is a fun retro throwback choice.

And KoFXV is very pretty and... looks like I would expect KOFXV to look! I'd like to see more of it to form an actual opinion, but this looks like a good start!
In the topic of both KOFXV (aside from being hyped for it right now) and Nako herself, could it finally be the time for SNK to include a SamSho Team?

1610071101633.png

Considering the fact that SNK themselves had always planned to add in a SamSho Team to KOF since '95 & '96 and were close into putting Nako, Haoh and Galford in those games, but dropped the idea due to time constraints. As well as the fact that two of the three members of Team Another World, Love Heart and Mui Mui, are unlikely to come back to XV, leaving Nako currently on her own if she were to come back. I think it's now the best time for them to revisit the idea and maybe make it happen.

I don't know how KOF is going to deal with Haoh's damage output tho...

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master

And now Pocket Selection is getting a physical release via Limited Run Games! Woo!

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
Sign. Me. Up. I watched the entire Samurai Shodown 64: Warrior's Rage OVA and Nakoruru was a beast in it. She took on Asura and risked getting killed just to protect Shiki and find a way to cure her of her mind control. Plus, even when Rera got involved, Nakoruru STILL didn't give up.

(Fun fact: Nakoruru, Galford, and Rimururu are the only three Samurai Shodown characters ever to confront Rera in physical form.)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Why? Samurai Shodown's also bloody, right, and has decapitations.
Yes, but MK11 is particularly ridiculous about gore. It's basically a flanderization of the idea that MK is "the gory fighting game".

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
Honestly, if we're taking about what SamSho character would feel right in Mortal Kombat, I think Genjuro would be the best pick.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Samurai Shodown being tweeted by Sakurai

Top Bottom