• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nature's Calling - Nakoruru for Smash! (Maybe next season?)

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
Does anyone know what her Classic Mode route would be?
I imagine that her Classic Mode route would be similar to Ryu's, were it's always stamina mode while she faces against characters whose movesets or appearances resembles the characters from SamSho like Sheik as Hanzo or K. Rool as Earthquake.

I've already said before that Dracula can be the end boss instead of having to relay on The Hands like most of the routes in the game.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
With everyone in S1 being announced, now we hope that it does well enough for SNK to continue support for a S2. Crossing my fingers for Iroha and Kusaregedo.

CboyC95

Smash Apprentice
I imagine that her Classic Mode route would be similar to Ryu's, were it's always stamina mode while she faces against characters whose movesets or appearances resembles the characters from SamSho like Sheik as Hanzo or K. Rool as Earthquake.

I've already said before that Dracula can be the end boss instead of having to relay on The Hands like most of the routes in the game.
My name for that would be "Nature's Calling".

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
With everyone in S1 being announced, now we hope that it does well enough for SNK to continue support for a S2. Crossing my fingers for Iroha and Kusaregedo.
Gen-an, Sogetsu and maybe Cham Cham are pretty much shoo-ins for Season 2. Can't say the same for Sieger tho, SNK will never bring him back.

Predictabo

Smash Cadet
Too bad that the Ultimate characters do not have posters like the 4 newcomers, because Yumi Saji artwork would be beautiful

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
Too bad that the Ultimate characters do not have posters like the 4 newcomers, because Yumi Saji artwork would be beautiful

Imagine Sakurai pulling the impossible and manage to commission Shinkiro to do poster art in celebration for Nakoruru. (or any SNK character getting in.)

Last edited:

Predictabo

Smash Cadet

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Game climbed to 4th place in EVO entries
Damn, it even beat FighterZ which was the most viewed game last year.

Off topic but would you like to be added to the supporters list?

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I think she has a solid shot with all these talks about a girl from a fighting game with a flying object i think she can be nice .

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
IIRC that whole fighting game girl thing was just a hoax, but regardless Nakoruru's chances as an SNK rep are pretty good.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
Really ? that make her chance lower but it can still happen after all snk is one compagnie left to represent

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902

Just a little take on how the SamSho Rage Gauge/POW bar could look on the character UI, if it were to be implemented into Nako and her moveset.

For those who are wondering how it works, the Rage Gauge fills up each time Nakoruru takes damage from an opponent's attack. The harder she gets hit, the faster it fills up. When the gauge is completely filled, Nakoruru will enter into a state known as "Rage Explosion". During this state, Nakoruru is awarded with more damage power for most of her moves, as well as her specials having multi-hit proprieties. However, while this was not the case for her in SamSho, this will not affect the knockback on all of her attacks in Smash. After 16 seconds has passed (or after preforming a Final Smash), the gauge will return back to its original state. Unlike in SamSho where after losing a round, the status of a player's gauge remain unchanged from the last round, when Nakoruru is KO'd in Smash, the gauge will reset back.

IMO, I think it'll be great to incorporate the Rage Gauge into Nakoruru not only to help set her apart from the rest of the roster, but also the fact that the Rage Gauge is a SamSho stable and it honestly wouldn't feel right if she were to be in Smash without it.​

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Just a little take on how the SamSho Rage Gauge/POW bar could look on the character UI, if it were to be implemented into Nako and her moveset.

For those who are wondering how it works, the Rage Gauge fills up each time Nakoruru takes damage from an opponent's attack. The harder she gets hit, the faster it fills up. When the gauge is completely filled, Nakoruru will enter into a state known as "Rage Explosion". During this state, Nakoruru is awarded with more damage power for most of her moves, as well as her specials having multi-hit proprieties. However, while this was not the case for her in SamSho, this will not affect the knockback on all of her attacks in Smash. After 16 seconds has passed (or after preforming a Final Smash), the gauge will return back to its original state. Unlike in SamSho where after losing a round, the status of a player's gauge remain unchanged from the last round, when Nakoruru is KO'd in Smash, the gauge will reset back.

IMO, I think it'll be great to incorporate the Rage Gauge into Nakoruru not only to help set her apart from the rest of the roster, but also the fact that the Rage Gauge is a SamSho stable and it honestly wouldn't feel right if she were to be in Smash without it.​
Nice, I'll add this (as well as the Kirby hat you posted earlier) to the OP.

Also that Nakoruru render looks great. Where is it from?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So Justin Wong helped get #embracedeath (the tagline of SamSho 2019) trending on Twitter and the results are pretty hilarious:

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I am confused what is all of this i don't understand the joke please someone explain!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I am confused what is all of this i don't understand the joke please someone explain!
"Embrace Death" is Samurai Shodown 2019's tagline. FGC icon Justin Wong wanted to give away copies of the game to people who replied to him with #EmbraceDeath, and enough people replied to get the hashtag trending, causing others to misinterpret it.

Last edited:

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
So Justin Wong helped get #embracedeath (the tagline of SamSho 2019) trending on Twitter and the results are pretty hilarious:

I was there when it happened. Never change Twitter.

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
There was a problem fetching the tweet
The final entrant numbers for Evo 2019 are in and SamSho is in the top 4 with 1719 entrants! I don't know why, but seeing SamSho doing better then Mortal Kombat at Evo just makes me smile.​

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
There was a problem fetching the tweet
The final entrant numbers for Evo 2019 are in and SamSho is in the top 4 with 1719 entrants! I don't know why, but seeing SamSho doing better then Mortal Kombat at Evo just makes me smile.​
Man FighterZ really fell off the face of the earth. It was the most entered game last year and this year it didn't even reach half of last year's numbers. Don't get me wrong I still love the game but I'm just so shocked to see the entrants for it be so low.

And yeah I'm pretty proud of SamSho's numbers. I knew from the beginning that it wouldn't be able to surpass the first three games, so to see it above MK11 and DBFZ is pretty impressive.

Also LOL at all the people on that tweet still whining about Melee.

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
So apparently, there's a commotion going on about a vague, hint-less picture of a Starling Bird. It was posed on a private group chat that Sabi had with the same guy who "has teased things like Banjo before with bird and bear pictures 2 months ago".

Here's the picture posted by Fatmanonice on the Geno thread:
You know what... I'll take whatever heat comes... Again, it's super vague so it may not even relate to Smash but it's somehow Nintendo related if it's like all his other random dropped pictures. I'm sorry for being a ****ty person.

image0.jpg
IMHO, this means nothing. But if this does hint at a new character, I doubt that it'll be Nakoruru since it's not wise to jump into that conclusion and the picture is far too vague to tell us anything. That and some people speculate on the fact that the "Star" in Starling is a hint at Geno. I just hope this won't cause any more character speculation wars that'll lead to nothing.

Last edited:

Predictabo

Smash Cadet
So apparently, there's a commotion going on about a vague, hint-less picture of a Starling Bird. It was posed on a private group chat that Sabi had with the same guy who "has teased things like Banjo before with bird and bear pictures 2 months ago".

Here's the picture posted by Fatmanonice on the Geno thread:

IMHO, this means nothing. But if this does hint at a new character, I doubt that it'll be Nakoruru since it's not wise to jump into that conclusion and the picture is far too vague to tell us anything. That and some people speculate on the fact that the "Star" in Starling is a hint at Geno. I just hope this won't cause any more character speculation wars that'll lead to nothing.
Saw that but didn't bring it here because I think it's too soon for the next character, unless they want a reveal near EVO

Anyway, let's post a cute Nakoruru

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902

Alt costumes for Nakoruru.
  1. Default
  2. Purple (Bust Nakoruru)
  3. Green (MK alt from Capcom Vs SNK 2)
  4. Light Blue
  5. "Wandering Rōnin" (Haohmaru)
  6. "Rivaling Hitokiri" (Genjuro)
  7. "Hero of Justice" (Galford)
  8. Kamui Kotan High School Uniform (from KOFXIV)

Another day, another proof of concept that I've done for Nakoruru out of boredom. :upsidedown:

CboyC95

Smash Apprentice

Alt costumes for Nakoruru.
  1. Default
  2. Purple (Bust Nakoruru)
  3. Green (MK alt from Capcom Vs SNK 2)
  4. Light Blue
  5. "Wandering Rōnin" (Haohmaru)
  6. "Rivaling Hitokiri" (Genjuro)
  7. "Hero of Justice" (Galford)
  8. Kamui Kotan High School Uniform (from KOFXIV)

Another day, another proof of concept that I've done for Nakoruru out of boredom. :upsidedown:
Can you do some on Rimururu too?

Predictabo

Smash Cadet
Looks fantastic, I'd use the Galford color for sure

I wonder if the tracks of the new game are too recent to be included in the case she is in, because some of the songs like Yashamaru and Galford's new theme are pretty good

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
Looks fantastic, I'd use the Galford color for sure
I'm glad you liked the Galford one. I was a bit worried that it would come off as tacky and too contrasting. Personally, I'm quite proud on how the Genjuro one turned out. That one was not easy, especially on trying to get the dark green stripes to look right.

Also, posting a good Nak.

Top Bottom