• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nature's Calling - Nakoruru for Smash! (Maybe next season?)

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
Jolly good, is it possible to have it in a smaller size.

Here you go. Made ones that have the same size and scale as the Jack Frost and Shantae icons. (40x40)

Check out her introduction trailer for the latest Samurai Shodown game:

Love how they match her combos and attacks to the rhythm of the music. That's good video editing right there.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Hyped over the new game! Could also be an awesome character. Fits more than Hoahmaru I guess.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Hey everyone!

First off I just want to say that I'm incredibly proud of how fast this thread has grown. In less than one month this thread has reached around the same amount of supporters as my Kyo thread. Here's hoping it grows even further!

As for the moveset, I know I said I was gonna post it by the end of last week but I've been swamped with a ton of college work. After next Monday I will probably be free to work on it since that's when most of my exams should be over with. In the meantime you guys are free to post your Nakoruru moveset ideas in this thread.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Well, I've got a bit of a moveset done for her.
It's not complete due to the lack of good animations to work around, but it should help:

Works like Link's where the second hit will happen if the user presses the attack button after the first hit

While being carried by Mamahaha, Nakoruru can still attack, but she can't block.
All left would be the Up Special, Grabs and Final Smash.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Well, I've got a bit of a moveset done for her.
It's not complete due to the lack of good animations to work around, but it should help:

Works like Link's where the second hit will happen if the user presses the attack button after the first hit

While being carried by Mamahaha, Nakoruru can still attack, but she can't block.
All left would be the Up Special, Grabs and Final Smash.
Looks great! I'll add this to the OP! Her up special could be her holding onto Mamahaha and flying upwards similar to Dunk Hunt's up-B.

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
Inspired by Namasura's post, here's some ideas for Mii costumes and Spirit Battles for the Nakaruru DLC:

Mii costumes:

Haohmaru's outfit (Swordfighter) and hair
Galford's outfit (Swordfighter) and hair
Mamahaha Hat
Poppy Hat

Spirit Battles (All of them are Stamina battles):

Haohmaru: Ike
Galford & Poppy: Greninja + Fox (KO-ing Fox does not end the match.)
Charlotte: Lucina
Earthquake: King K. Rool (Size is 0.5x bigger.)
Wan-fu: Ganondorf
Hanzo: Sheik
Genan: Ridley (Size is 0.5x smaller.)
Rera & Shikuru: Nakaruru (in her purple alt, fittingly) + Wolf (KO-ing Wolf does not end the match.)
Kuroko: Mr. Game & Watch

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I wonder who should act as Nakoruru's echo fighter? Rimiruru or Rera?
I think Rera would be better, though I can see either one still being represented through one of Nakoruru's alternate colors.

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
Anyone in here ever wonder who her Classic Mode boss could be?

I was thinking of Dracula being the boss since he has a lot in common with most of the final bosses of SamSho games such as Amakusa and Mizuki.
  • A resurrected villain with a (understandable) hatred for humanity.
  • Possesses demonic magic.
  • Nako herself dealt with threats before who are demonic or/and resurrected.
  • Is known for being a tough as nails boss in the Castlevania games. While not to the same lengths, this is fitting given how SamSho bosses are known for having SNK Boss Syndrome.
  • Since Smash's version of Dracula is the one based off of Rondo/SotN. That version of him would be from the 18th century, the same time period as the SamSho games were set in (except for 6 and Warriors Rage, which were sent in the 19th century).
That and Dracula once faced a girl who can summon a bird to attack him before.

Last edited:

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902

SNK confirms that SamSho 2019 for the PS4 & XBone (Yes I know, this is a website for a Nintendo series.) is set to release in the west on June 25th, with a new trailer detailing the modes and features that the base game has.

Honestly, I'm really digging the idea behind the Dojo mode with the use of ghost data of other players. Though, the fact that they're using cloud data for said ghost data does raise some concern for me, as cloud usage in gaming has a rocky reputation.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

SNK confirms that SamSho 2019 for the PS4 & XBone (Yes I know, this is a website for a Nintendo series.) is set to release in the west on June 25th, with a new trailer detailing the modes and features that the base game has.

Honestly, I'm really digging the idea behind the Dojo mode with the use of ghost data of other players. Though, the fact that they're using cloud data for said ghost data does raise some concern for me, as cloud usage in gaming has a rocky reputation.
In addition to this, the season pass is free and available for early adopters until June 30th.

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
In addition to this, the season pass is free and available for early adopters until June 30th.
As awesome as that is, it bums me out a little as I don't think SNK would do something similar for Switch and PC, since most of the DLC characters would already be out by the time those two versions come out. They probably have something else up in their sleeves to make it worth the wait for those versions.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
As awesome as that is, it bums me out a little as I don't think SNK would do something similar for Switch and PC, since most of the DLC characters would already be out by the time those two versions come out. They probably have something else up in their sleeves to make it worth the wait for those versions.
That's what I was wondering as well, whether the Switch and PC versions will get this too? In addition, I do feel that SNK's approach on how to deliver the season pass is very well planned and done in which I do hope other video gaming companies will take note of this approach.

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902

SNK confirmed that blood and dismemberment in SamSho 2019 can be optionally turned on or off. While it is a feature even in the old Neo Geo games were you can turn the blood sprays to sweat-like water, this is still great news for those who are not fans of the gore are looking to try out the new SamSho without having to worry.

Best part is that unlike games like Mortal Kombat, the blood and gore are just for effect and are not crucial to the core gameplay. So the on/off option will not alter, change or take away gameplay mechanics.

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
Well, Sakurai's book was released and it shares info about Ultimate's development, one of those tidbits is about Bayonetta and the characters, most notably the cut Melee/Brawl veterans with Snake being the most noteworthy one, who are above her in the ballot:

I guess I failed to get answer should I not or and where to post this in other thread so I'll just throw it in here.
Things I find interesting from Sakurai's book.
- Beyonetta was the first pick among realisable characters. Above her, there were old veterans like Snake and other characters that were already tried negotiating but got rejected. (p63))
and the fact that it aligns with the 5ch ballot rumor which also had Nakoruru as one of the supposed DLC fighters.

I still don't think that the 5ch ballot rumor is real, but it does seem quite unusual that Sakurai's tidbit and the info of the ballot rankings seem to stack almost well together, if still in a rather vague and dodgy way.

Last edited:

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
The first DLC character has been revealed: it's Rimururu!

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I think the Samurai Shodown 2019 game could potentially be SNK's best.

If it does well, hopefully the series may gain the recognition it deserves and perhaps Sakurai will take notice?

Last edited:

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
There was a problem fetching the tweet
So, every DLC character so far has a companion with them, both in-game as either taunt cameos (Morgana and Slime) or as a part of their movesets (Arsene and Kazooie), as well as posing with them on the mural...
...maybe I'm thinking too much. There's no way it'll be that easy of a guess.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So, every DLC character so far has a companion with them, both in-game as either taunt cameos (Morgana and Slime) or as a part of their movesets (Arsene and Kazooie), as well as posing with them on the mural...
It's probably a coincidence but still cool nonetheless. Then again I thought the box theory was silly and yet that turned out to be true so who knows.

IIRC there were some rumors in another thread about a supposed leaker talking about a female fighting game character making it in. Probably a longshot though for all we know it could be Nakoruru.

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
It's probably a coincidence but still cool nonetheless. Then again I thought the box theory was silly and yet that turned out to be true so who knows.

IIRC there were some rumors in another thread about a supposed leaker talking about a female fighting game character making it in. Probably a longshot though for all we know it could be Nakoruru.
Yeah, I've heard about the guy, apparently he got Hero right as far back as December and January (I think he also got Banjo right too, I need to check on that). That was probably a lucky guess, but if the 4th DLC fighter who is "like a fighting game female character" turns out to be Nak herself, it'll be a good day for us (except for the Kyo and Terry rooters. I'm going to feel bad for them if it happens).

Last edited:

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Ok then... Monster Hunter with Felyne/Palico and Nakoruru with Mamahaha. Called it first

Last edited:

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
Well, niconico, or the "like a fighting game female character" guy, strikes again with another tweet, saying that the 4th character (or at least one of the two last Fighter Pass characters) also has a “Flying Weapon”. Amusingly enough, the very first reply to the tweet that I saw is someone posting a picture of Nakoruru, asking the guy "Does she look like this".

While it is a stretch to call Mamahaha a "weapon" (especially after the fact that niconico made a follow up tweet showing images of a kid throwing a boomerang and a Hammer Bro doing it's thing as examples of actual flying weapons), I don't think there are much female fighting game characters out there who are known for having "flying weapons". The only ones other then Nako that I can think of are Rimururu and Menat from Street Fighter.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Add me to the supporter list. I like playing Samurai Shodown games and other Neo Geo fighting games, especially with my brother.

My favorite fighter in Samurai Shodown games is Cham Cham and I get my ideas for Meowth from her. But I like Nakoruru too. She’s cute and fun. I think she could be interesting with her bird.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Well, niconico, or the "like a fighting game female character" guy, strikes again with another tweet, saying that the 4th character (or at least one of the two last Fighter Pass characters) also has a “Flying Weapon”. Amusingly enough, the very first reply to the tweet that I saw is someone posting a picture of Nakoruru, asking the guy "Does she look like this".

While it is a stretch to call Mamahaha a "weapon" (especially after the fact that niconico made a follow up tweet showing images of a kid throwing a boomerang and a Hammer Bro doing it's thing as examples of actual flying weapons), I don't think there are much female fighting game characters out there who are known for having "flying weapons". The only ones other then Nako that I can think of are Rimururu and Menat from Street Fighter.
I'll be so hyped if this is true but IIRC that niconico guy said they were just making stuff up with the female fighting game character thing.

Off topic but has that niconico person in the tweet you linked ever leaked/predicted anything else in the past?

Add me to the supporter list. I like playing Samurai Shodown games and other Neo Geo fighting games, especially with my brother.

My favorite fighter in Samurai Shodown games is Cham Cham and I get my ideas for Meowth from her. But I like Nakoruru too. She’s cute and fun. I think she could be interesting with her bird.
Awesome, added you to the support group.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Count me in as an supporter.

On top of giving the interesting franchise she comes from getting representation let alone from SNK and the unique moveset she could have she'd be an welcoming addition in my book.

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
I'll be so hyped if this is true but IIRC that niconico guy said they were just making stuff up with the female fighting game character thing.

Off topic but has that niconico person in the tweet you linked ever leaked/predicted anything else in the past?
Here's what I can gather about him so far:

Count me in as an supporter.

On top of giving the interesting franchise she comes from getting representation let alone from SNK and the unique moveset she could have she'd be an welcoming addition in my book.
Welcome aboard man! Nice to see more people coming to this thread.

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Add me as a supporter. It should be noted that Nakoruru is usually SNK´s character for crossovers.

cj.

Smash Journeyman
Wait! a Nakoruru thread? I absolutely support her!

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902

Art of a Nakoruru hat for Kirby.

This has taken me 10 billion years to finish/get right (mostly because I'm one of the extremely rare humans in this world who can't draw Kirby. I wish I was pulling some legs about that but I'm not), but it's finally done. I hope you guys like it.

The chibi Mamahaha that I've used here is based on how the hawk appeared in a skit from the Neo-Geo Gals Graffiti video.

Last edited:
Top Bottom