Nature's Calling - Nakoruru for Smash! (AKA Samurai Shodown Social)

Sari

Smash Champion
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So there's a F2P Basketball game on Steam called Freestyle 2: Street Basketball. Haven't played it myself though it seems like an alright game.

Guess who just got added to it...

[Full announcement]

This really drives home that SNK is trying to spread their brand as much as they can.

Last edited:

Predictabo

Smash Cadet
KoF All-Star 1st anniversary artwork.

So there's a F2P Basketball game on Steam called Freestyle 2: Street Basketball. Haven't played it myself though it seems like an alright game.

Guess who just got added to it...

This really drives home that SNK is trying to spread their brand as much as they can.
And people say that SNK has "no presence". This is helpful.

Predictabo

Smash Cadet

SNK at it again
Also Rimururu is playable at EVO and she has a retro costume

Sari

Smash Champion
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So EVO starts today. Are you guys excited for SamSho and if so are there any players you guys are looking out for?

Admittedly I haven't been keeping too much track of SamSho 2019 as I still don't have the game yet, though I'll definitely be watching the grand finals.

Predictabo

Smash Cadet
Well, Nakoruru's nickname is "Mother Nature's Guardian" so I can imagine something similar

BTW, another collab but this time with a Sega mobile game, playable characters are Iroha, Galford, Nakoruru, Mina, Yashamaru and Haohmaru

Last edited:

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
nakoring.png

Nakoruru's Boxing Ring title.

Quite happy with how this turned out. It was originally going to just a regular mock-screenshot of how Nak would look in-game with Mamahaha in Battlefield. Saw the small chatter about what her title in the Boxing Ring stage would called and well, one thing led to another.

Predictabo

Smash Cadet
Looks incredible

One interesting thing I found while looking for older material was this:
https://www.polygon.com/2017/4/10/15223966/the-making-of-samurai-shodown

YA: There are three people in the industry who have influenced me. Nishiyama is one of them. Another is [Capcom veteran and, later, Game Republic founder] Yoshiki Okamoto, who I worked for at Capcom. The third is Masahiro Sakurai, who created Smash Bros. and Kirby. Nishiyama is one of the three people who had a strong influence on me as a creator. I don’t think Nishiyama feels that way at all, but he's had a huge influence on me. [Laughs]
Searching through the game databases, Samurai Shodown's creator worked with Sakurai in some of the later Kirby games.

Also, patch 1.11 was deployed, Genjurilla's reign of terror is over

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
Huh, so Nako got some buffs in the patch. Quite curious to see what she's now like in acti-oh my goodness...

One interesting thing I found while looking for older material was this:
https://www.polygon.com/2017/4/10/15223966/the-making-of-samurai-shodown

YA: There are three people in the industry who have influenced me. Nishiyama is one of them. Another is [Capcom veteran and, later, Game Republic founder] Yoshiki Okamoto, who I worked for at Capcom. The third is Masahiro Sakurai, who created Smash Bros. and Kirby. Nishiyama is one of the three people who had a strong influence on me as a creator. I don’t think Nishiyama feels that way at all, but he's had a huge influence on me. [Laughs]
Searching through the game databases, Samurai Shodown's creator worked with Sakurai in some of the later Kirby games.
That's a cool find! I wonder what Yasushi Adachi thought of SNK's work on the new SamSho.

Last edited: