• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nate Adams cause he's got that yo-kai watch

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So, Yo-Kai Watch is going for a darker turn for the next anime and game.

I like how most of the familiar wacky Yo-Kai look more grotesque and scary to reflect what real Yo_Kai are. Still not feeling Komasan's silly non-transformed design, but Jibanyan and Sebastian looks fine.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/1...nchise/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

This makes me wonder if both of these will be localized, if they will sell toys with them like Hasbro did for the main series.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So, Yo-Kai Watch is going for a darker turn for the next anime and game.

I like how most of the familiar wacky Yo-Kai look more grotesque and scary to reflect what real Yo_Kai are. Still not feeling Komasan's silly non-transformed design, but Jibanyan and Sebastian looks fine.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/1...nchise/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

This makes me wonder if both of these will be localized, if they will sell toys with them like Hasbro did for the main series.
Minor correction, that's Whisper as opposed to Sebastian. The hair and the creepy grin easily lets you know it's him.

And anyways, it's an interesting direction. If I recall, the announcement of this new darker direction made Level-5's shares drop because fans dislike the idea. Unfortunately, that means the more sillier yokai like Hungramps or Cheeksqueak won't make an appearance since they wouldn't feel "dark enough" for this new direction. So I can't blame how they feel. Pokemon can be dark, but at least they kept the same consistent style.

I mean, who knows. It could be good and I did enjoy the crossover movie last yea, which this confirms that the anime is a sequel to said movie. Another interesting detail to note is that Nate grew up and he gave his watch away to his daughter. Whether or not this will affect the future gameplay, we shall see.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Minor correction, that's Whisper as opposed to Sebastian. The hair and the creepy grin easily lets you know it's him.

And anyways, it's an interesting direction. If I recall, the announcement of this new darker direction made Level-5's shares drop because fans dislike the idea. Unfortunately, that means the more sillier yokai like Hungramps or Cheeksqueak won't make an appearance since they wouldn't feel "dark enough" for this new direction. So I can't blame how they feel. Pokemon can be dark, but at least they kept the same consistent style.

I mean, who knows. It could be good and I did enjoy the crossover movie last yea, which this confirms that the anime is a sequel to said movie. Another interesting detail to note is that Nate grew up and he gave his watch away to his daughter. Whether or not this will affect the future gameplay, we shall see.
Right, took me another look to see that was Whisper.

All in all, this is probably Level-5's attempt at trying something new to try keeping Yokai-Watch alive. Then we have things like that shares drop like you mentioned and more importantly Hasbro's financial loss from the toy sales.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/hasbro-reports-surprise-sales-drop-fourth-quarter-52904680

I like the seres, but it just lacks that international appeal Pokemon had and thus that explains its struggle to stay popular in the West. The same can be said for Japan too since this anime was likely made since they realized they can't keep attracting young children to the series. Thus resorting to the "target the older audience" approach to keep those current fans entertained than trying to get new ones.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
what annoys me about this is that nate lost the ability to see the yo-kai for no apparent reason it was the yo-kai watch that let him see yo-kai so if he couldnt see yo-kai anymore then the watch would have had to of stopped working but it says the sealed the yo-kai watch away in a sense that suggests they might need it again suggesting that it was still working implying that nate stopped seeing yo-kai for no reason

whisper and jibanyan not living with nate anymore annoys me, by all means have nate all grown up but dont take away his yo-kai friends

and if his daughter's mother isnt katie ill be disappointed

D

Deleted member

Regarding the fourth film; I still say it will more than likely be a one off experiment to show what the future may be. I don't know the box office, but unless otherwise, it seems that the cuddly, funny Yo-Kai will stay around.

Considering the snail's pace the anime has with getting dubbed and such (Inaho finally got an English name a few months ago), this movie night not ever matter domestic.

Anyway, if this was around 2016, I'd say this could be a sure thing but since the phenomenon has cooled off, Jibanyan might have a harder chance, although as a Japanese character, he may get in exclusively on that alone given how big a fad the series was for a few years.

Besides, Jibanyan would have the same reaction of getting into a private Next HarMEOWny show when he gazes upon the burning logo.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
got yo-kai watch 3 for christmas and have been loving it,

between the zombie hammer and the dream link nate could actually fight on his own

think ill have a go at a moveset soon

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
got yo-kai watch 3 for christmas and have been loving it,

between the zombie hammer and the dream link nate could actually fight on his own

think ill have a go at a moveset soon
What if Nate just fought with his companions (No-Way could be shield, hapierre could fly him up for his recovery and for his final smash it could be paws of furry with jibanyan, but in shadowside form.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
right heres a moveset combining nate, whisper and jibanyan

jab: swings paper fan
dash: jibanyan leaps ahead

strong side: jibanyan's basic attack
strong down: whisper loops close to ground
strong up: close rang shot with dream blaster

side smash: swings zombie hammer
down smash: jibanyan jabs in both directions
up smash: whisper punches over head

neutral air: paper fan attack
forward air: jibanyan scratches ahead
back air: jibanyan kicks behind
down air: whisper drops down
up air: whisper shoots up

pummel: attacks with paper fan
forward throw: shoots with dream blaster
back throw: jibanyan tosses backwards
down throw: dropped and whisper belly flops them
up throw: upwards swing with zombie hammer

neutral special: nate attacks with the dream drill
side special: jibanyan uses fire, simple projectile
down special: whisper uses drain, working like nosferatu
up special: whisper carries nate upwards

final smash: soultimate dream link, first whisper uses blabber belch to trap foes, then jibanyan racks up damage with paws of fury before nate launches with the enma blade

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Yeah even if you want to make Jibanyan the main fighter Nate and Whisper should 100% be in the back ground theyre in relation more iconic than red i mean Nate is the Main (male) character in vevery main Game

also his german name is Nathan what is his Grandpas english Name? his german one is Nathaniel

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah even if you want to make Jibanyan the main fighter Nate and Whisper should 100% be in the back ground theyre in relation more iconic than red i mean Nate is the Main (male) character in vevery main Game

also his german name is Nathan what is his Grandpas english Name? his german one is Nathaniel
it’s still Nathaniel

might I ask do they still put the cat talk in jibanyans speech in the German version?

Last edited:
Top Bottom