• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nate Adams cause he's got that yo-kai watch

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
nate is the protagonist (one of) of the yo-kai watch series the way i see it hed fight with the help of the yo-kai predominantly whisper and jibanyan

i picture him on the battle field himself with the others following him around though i suppose a pokemon trainer situation works to

let me know what you think (no yo-kai watch 2 spoilers until after april please)

will make moveset at later time

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Nate gets my support.

Sure a stand alone Jibanyan would have been good, but these three are inseparable in the games and anime.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
I'll support. Yo-kai Watch representation in general would be very nice to have.

Yo-kai is why.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Even though it seems unlikely, I would like to hear a remix of GeraGeraPo in Smash if Nate joins with his Yo-Kai pals.

I still wonder why it's difficult for Disney to have the rights to the song.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I think Nate will appear... As a trophy and also discussing with Whisper about various fighters in the Yo-Kai Watch stage.

Kinda surprised that some Level 5 fans that I found are somewhat hostile towards Jibanyan getting in over Professor Layton.

I'll list some of the excuses when I can.
Meanwhile, the Pokémon fanbase is attacking the Yo-Kai Watch fans once again because Level-5 is also planning their own augmented reality monster catching mobile game later this year (which they think is a Pokémon Go ripoff).

We can never catch a break, can we?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Meanwhile, the Pokémon fanbase is attacking the Yo-Kai Watch fans once again because Level-5 is also planning their own augmented reality monster catching mobile game later this year (which they think is a Pokémon Go ripoff).

We can never catch a break, can we?
To be fair I think that's at least somewhat warranted. There are differences in the main series games, but there's no way you can say "monster catching AR mobile game" doesn't scream "Pokémon Go Ripoff" to the general consumer, ESPECIALLY in the US where Yokai Watch isn't nearly as popular.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
We'll have to wait and see if the AR game would be similar enough to Pokemon GO before taking a dump on it or not.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The States will be getting the third Yo-Kai Watch 2 game, dubbed Psychic Specters, this fall.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
And I thought we were never going to get that game. Nice to see that the Yo-Kai Watch games will keep coming.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Meanwhile, I doubt we will ever get the Busters spinoffs.

It's far too late for us to get them. I'm also glad I have yet another Yo-Kai Watch game to get this year. :p

D

Deleted member

Apparently, part of Buster's will be in this version. Whether or not it's the full version, or just the Yellow Rabbit DLC version, is unknown.

I'm still importing Sukiyaki and the Sushi/Tempura update.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Considering that Western Europe likes the series more than the States, I don't know why it takes so long.
well what can you do i suppose, its gonna take us forever to catch up though took a while with professor layton as well as i recall

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i honestly think i might be the only person in the uk to have a copy of yokai watch 2

sorry just needed to vent that

Last edited:

Mrrgle

Smash Cadet
ven though it seems unlikely, I would like to hear a remix of GeraGeraPo in Smash if Nate joins with his Yo-Kai pals
That was a weird song. I was so confused when it first came on.

GERA GERA PO
GERA GERA PO
NOW SIT BACK, HERE'S THEIR STORY
NATE GO HEY YO NO
WHISPER GO CRACKA-LACKA-BOOM BOOM

Me: Y tho

D

Deleted member

That was a weird song. I was so confused when it first came on.

GERA GERA PO
GERA GERA PO
NOW SIT BACK, HERE'S THEIR STORY
NATE GO HEY YO NO
WHISPER GO CRACKA-LACKA-BOOM BOOM

Me: Y tho
I gotta give them credit for trying to retain the original Japanese song, but those lyrics are pretty ridiculous. Would have worked better to just do a Swampy Marsh version sooner than when they started to create their own English songs.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I gotta give them credit for trying to retain the original Japanese song, but those lyrics are pretty ridiculous. Would have worked better to just do a Swampy Marsh version sooner than when they started to create their own English songs.
the current theme song is rubbish

AutismSpeaker

Smash Rookie
Mayhap if Nate were to summon a few Yo-kai (one at a time) to fight in his stead...but I dunno how people would react to having another character that functions like Pokemon Trainer. For these reasons, I support Jibanyan for Smash.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The American Yo-Kai Watch comic will be out tomorrow.

Anyone plans on buying the first issue?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
what do we know about it?
Nothing much on the story. The writers will probably come up with their own plot lines instead of following the games and anime. You probably have to wait for a review at best.

It's illustrated by Tina Fransciso, wiritten by Eric M. Esquivel, and colored by Dino Sanchez. You can already tell that a diverse team is working on this.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Nothing much on the story. The writers will probably come up with their own plot lines instead of following the games and anime. You probably have to wait for a review at best.

It's illustrated by Tina Fransciso, wiritten by Eric M. Esquivel, and colored by Dino Sanchez. You can already tell that a diverse team is working on this.
in the pic i saw, nate katie bear and eddy look a little odd

D

Deleted member

The American Yo-Kai Watch comic will be out tomorrow.

Anyone plans on buying the first issue?
I bought it. In fact, I waited over a month waiting on the preorder.

It's... okay. Weird to see Western characters (well, Western-style) interacting with Yo-Kai.

Hopefully, it'll get better after the Snartle storyarc, which is what they are starting with.

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
Got Issue 2. It's better, with Jibanyan having a more serious edge with his training, but is still a goofball. The July issue concludes the Snartle arc with Robonyan fighting him.

I finally got Sushi & Tempura this week, with a strategy guide. This version is a massive improvement on the series versus 2. Why they want to knuckle dragging the weakest installment for another year or so in Western markets instead of porting 3 just stymies me.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention something that could hurt the representation of the series in Smash. Wobble Wobble now has anime characters (like Inuyasha & Detective Conan) as wib wobs.

Last edited by a moderator:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well psychic specters has confirmed for europe this autumn, same year as the first two versions unlike everywhere else

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
well psychic specters has confirmed for europe this autumn, same year as the first two versions unlike everywhere else
At least the break won't be as big. Congrats on being even with the Yo-Kai Watch releases.

It will probably be a while until I get another game though.

PF9

Smash Lord
If a YKW character gets in it could prove fruitful for Disney XD. They could reshuffle their Saturday morning line-up to feature the YKW and Pokemon shows in an hour-long block promoted as the Smash Hour so named because both series feature characters playable in Smash Switch.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Other than the complete version of Yo-Kai Watch 2 coming soon (Forgot what it was called in the direct), I like how the next Yo-Kai Watch film will be darker. It also doubles as a Gege no Kitaro crossover since the original cast plays a role in the movie. It was bound to happen one day, a successful gaming series about yokai crossing over with one of the biggest Japanese anime/manga about yokai.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...adds-shigeru-mizuki-kitaro-characters/.121273

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
so i hear that in PS you can transfer your data from BS or FS keeping your yo-kai collection and story progress

does anyone know what youd miss out on if you transferred a file with a completed story?

D

Deleted member

The main thing you miss out is deciding which donuts to get at the beginning. This actually will decide which exclusive Yo-Kai you can recruit (Spirit Doughnuts get you access to like Herbiboy & Irewig while Soul Doughnuts get you early on Zappary & Wydeawake). Instead, what game you import the save determines what Nate would have picked.

There's also a few extra cutscenes added, like summoning Pallysol & Nate's parents being Wicked, and an additional battle with Bronzlow (Dou).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The main thing you miss out is deciding which donuts to get at the beginning. This actually will decide which exclusive Yo-Kai you can recruit (Spirit Doughnuts get you access to like Herbiboy & Irewig while Soul Doughnuts get you early on Zappary & Wydeawake). Instead, what game you import the save determines what Nate would have picked.

There's also a few extra cutscenes added, like summoning Pallysol & Nate's parents being Wicked, and an additional battle with Bronzlow (Dou).
ok that's good to know may yet get it after all

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Never played the games, but I've watched some of the anime snd its decent enough and Nate makes a decent lead.

I also really like the season 2 opening song.

Top Bottom