• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nappy Didn't Suck - Nappy's Charity Tourney

D. Disciple

Smash Master

Games n Go Presents
Charity Smash

275 Rosedale Center
Roseville MN 55113

Date: July 14th, 2012

Time: Tournament starts @12pm - 9pm

Tentative Time Schedule it will change based on set ups. I will update the changes, and let you all be aware of final minute changes at the tournament if I must.

Brawl Doubles 12pm

Brawl Singles around 3pm

Melee Doubles 5pm

Melee Singles 7pm

Prices
Venue Fee: $10 - Venue Fee goes to help finding a cure of epilepsy. It was Nappy's parents choice.

Melee/Brawl Doubles: $20 per team

Melee/Brawl Singles: $10

Special Event: Is a single elimination ALL BRAWL EVENT, where we use only Nappy's characters that he used in tournament. So that means we only use Snake, Diddy, Falco, Wario, Sheik and Mario as well since he used those two in melee.

The entry fee will be 5 dollars, that will also go to charity it's an idea that I thought would be pretty fun.

[size-"4"]Pay outs[/size]
Singles and Doubles

1st place: 65%
2nd place: 25%
3rd place: 10%

Rules
Brawl

3 Stock
10 min timer
Percentage and Stage are the same if restart
All Characters Allowed
Best 2/3 matches
All Finals are 3/5 matches
Double MK Banned in teams
40 Ledge grab limit Per character
Must land on stage once before going under the stage twice.
Items OFF
Team Attack ON
Pause Disabled during teams
All infinites must end at 300% if it exceeds that you lose a stock.
If suicide moves are performed on the last stock. The player who performed the suicide move gets the win despite what it says on the result screen.

Determining Controller Ports/Stage Strike
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1)

Brawl Singles/Doubles Stages
- Starters:
Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat
Yoshi's Island

Counter Pick:
Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat
Yoshi's Island
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium 1

[Collapse=Melee Rules]
4 stock, 8 Minute Time Limit
Sets will be best of 3
Finals will be best of 5
Items OFF
Team Attack ON
Pause Disabled during Teams
Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks remaining, then lower (total in teams) percentage. If the
match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time runs out with both players at equal percent,
a one-stock, three-minute rematch will be played on the same stage.
Master Hand
Continuing uninterruptible moves past 350% will result in a forfeit of stock

Stage List:
Singles Teams
Final Destination Final Destination
Battlefield Battlefield
Dream Land 64 Dream Land 64
Fountain of Dreams Pokémon Stadium
Yoshi’s Story Yoshi’s Story
Brinstar Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise Rainbow Cruise
Pokémon Stadium Mushroom Kingdom 2
Mute City Jungle Japes
Corneria
KJ64

Set Procedure:
1. Players may agree to play with MBR5 shortened stage list only
2. To select the first stage, players strike from the 5 starter stages (in blue) using the pattern P1-P2-
P2-P1
3. After the first round, the winning player may permanently ban two stages from the complete list
of 9. The losing player will then select a counter-stage from the remaining choices, then the
winning player will select his character, then the losing player will select his character.
4. Play proceeds in this fashion until the set is complete. If a best-of-5, players only make their 2
bans after their first win of the set. They do not get additional bans for each win.
5. A player may not select a stage he/she banned him/herself. No stage may be played twice, unless
both players agree.[/collapse]

Conduct Rules
Pausing may be turned off by request and the request cannot be denied. In the event pause is on and is pressed, whether by accident or on purpose, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player.

BYOC (Bring your own controller)

Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.

No subbing is allowed for singles or doubles.

Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue

It's finally coming together! Nappy's tournament for charity is going to be happening. Everything is still getting finalized, but once they do. I'll edit this with more info about the event. Where it's going to be held and what not. Expect everything by the end of the weekend!​

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Was talking to Triet from GamesnGo earlier on facebook.

Triet Nguyen said:
okay you can advertise it
and we can
finalize it
after mall brawl
maybe we can make it bigger and get some of the FGC involved
and their donation
can go towards the family also
Woot!

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Originally Posted by Triet Nguyen

okay you can advertise it
and we can
finalize it
after mall brawl
maybe we can make it bigger and get some of the FGC involved
and their donation
can go towards the family also
If the GNG tournament squad isn't willing to put in time to rile up the FGC, I could do so. Nappy played Street Fighter as well, so the least we could do is have a Street Fighter tournament along side Melee and Brawl.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Even if I can't make this I'll probably donate a bit.

But hopefully I'll be able to. If there's melee I might be able to spin this as Nebraska getting FC practice.

Edit: Oh ****, it says melee. Megabus goes to MN, right?

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I wanna go to this sooooo bad. The date is rough for me but im gonna try my best to get there.
Even if I can't make this I'll probably donate a bit.

But hopefully I'll be able to. If there's melee I might be able to spin this as Nebraska getting FC practice.

Edit: Oh ****, it says melee. Megabus goes to MN, right?
Haha that it does man.

Malcolm if you can make it out here. I'll house you myself. I'll also pick anyone up from the megabus as well. Not sure on how many people I can house, but I'll figure something out.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Though I'm done with Smash realistically, I'll be in MN in July. I can make an exception for a good cause anytime!

Thanks for linking me, Disciple.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I was originally going to go to SKTAR but this is extremely tempting since its in honor of Nappy. If I do I'll be busing with Tutu.

Just try to keep this in the Minneapolis area for OoS convenience please.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I was originally going to go to SKTAR but this is extremely tempting since its in honor of Nappy. If I do I'll be busing with Tutu.

Just try to keep this in the Minneapolis area for OoS convenience please.
Planning on having it at the Rosedale Mall. Not that far from Minneapolis, I can easily bring people there and back from the venue.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Let's do it Tech. I'll even do the anubis strat.
Considering I play incredibly gay and main a character whose 2 stocks equal most peoples' 4 because of his weight..pretty sure Anubis is in order regardless lol.

I'm down. :)

LMAO at Tutu. Gonna team with D since I've never teammed with a MN player before.

Besides if we team again its just gonna result in us doing double MK on Brinstar again...lmao.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
"Nappy Didn't Suck" What this could imply other than the literal interpretation?
We always used to say Nappy sucks, even when he became one of the best players in our scene.

I'm working on the poster, and I'll unveil it once D and Triet give me the word.

Top Bottom