• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nana falls through Castle Siege...

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mrnXZMLvRs

This actually happened a while ago, but I only noticed something was up recently as I was going through old replays.

Anyone know about this? I get the impression it's known, as when I showed the video to a friend she said it's happened to her with Zard. Random general stage glitch or what?

If this is known, what causes it? If not, is it worth looking into?

B0NK

Smash Lord
Yeah it's known, called the fall through glitch, also happens on Delfino: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRP71nAljn8

Not sure what exactly causes it, but can only occur during transformations. As far as I know it's not character specific and I'm not sure what moves cause you to fall through. I believe there are videos of people just walking and this happening to them.

But it seems to be random, just hope it doesn't happen since it is a pretty rare occurrence.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Ah, ok. I knew it happened on other stages (eg Stadium), but I didn't know whether it was some stage- or character-specific thing. All I knew is that it happened to my Nana on Siege haha.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
It happend a while ago, (around 09 IIRC) in the grand finals of a tourney. I don't remember which one but it was a Falco vs. a MK. The MK fell through the last transition. It didn't cause him to die, but it happend.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
You can reproduce this by charging a smash in certain spots during the transformations, but there are a lot more causes.

J4pu

Smash Champion
it's happened to me on the ?belltower? part of DP too (the part that's in the bg in that video)
I think it's probably a good idea to wait until stage transformations are complete before touching the ground if possible.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
The best thing you could ever do in Brawl would be to edgeguard an opponent hugging the wall with a "falling" fsmash as Nana falls through the platform.

Someone NEEDS to do this one day. It's going to be so **** sexy.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I've had nana fall through while grabbing someone, so it was like a nanacide. That's the best I got.

Top Bottom