• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nana AI

Leaf_It

Smash Cadet
I want to main Ice Climbers, but in the last 3 days that I've been playing (for roughly 6 hours release night, and again Friday, and then 10 hours yesterday) Nana's AI has screwed me several times, sometime leaving me with no means of recovery.

Some examples are:
- If she grabs the ledge, and you don't, she won't release the ledge so that you can use your Up Special to recover.
- If she is directly above you on a platform that is solid, she will run. If she doesn't immediately fall off the platform she will run the other direction, and again, if she doesn't fall off the platform, she will run back the other direction again, effectively trapping her above you on maps like Temple, Skyworld, and Unova Pokemon League with the cave area underneath, to name a few.
- Sometimes she just runs off the edge if you run or jump towards the edge, but don't jump off. That can lead to her SDing, especially if she has already used her double jump.

Last edited:

Sparky678348

Smash Rookie
Yeah, Every appearance the Ice Climbers have is plagued with stocks where Nana just doesn't want to help you recover. Learning and working around Nana's AI quirks is sorta par for the course.

Leaf_It

Smash Cadet
Yeah, Every appearance the Ice Climbers have is plagued with stocks where Nana just doesn't want to help you recover. Learning and working around Nana's AI quirks is sorta par for the course.
I'm okay with just dealing with it, but they need to make her release the ledge when you don't get it, and she does. Sometime the only way to live is to intentionally miss the ledge, and recover from below it, but if she's going to grab it before you, and stay there without releasing, then you are doomed no matter what you do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom