• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nairo Leaves Team Liquid

Photo: "Smash 3" - A Brawl Documentary, Corey "False" Shin

A year ago, Team Liquid entered the world of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U with the addition of the prodigy player Nairoby "Nairo" Quezada, who was known for his handle of Meta Knight in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and of Zero Suit Samus in Smash 4.

Today, Nairo announced that as of now, he is no longer part of Team Liquid. Here you can see his statement:

As you could expect, Nairo is no longer going to represent this team. What do you think? Did you expect this? Do you think he will get sponsored again? Let us know in the comments! Be sure to follow Nairo on Twitter @NairoMK

Mario "Diosdi" Osuna

Comments

I wonder why Nairo left them in the first place?
I just prefer to be myself with no group, to be in like a "Wonderer" if you will. Is there any reason as to why u to beggin with?

I wonder why Nairo left them in the first place?
I just prefer to be myself with no group, to be in like a "Wonderer" if you will. Is there any reason as to why u to beggin with?
Likely has better offers from other teams. It's been a year since he signed his contract with Team Liquid and most eSports team contracts last 6 months to year and renewal is completely up to the player.

Just to clarify when it says he "left" does that mean he decided to leave on his own?
It may not, he could very well have been kicked from the team or there was an argument or something similar to that. But as to why the team would do this to such a successful Smasher would be beyond me, but thats just me, so perhaps he simply quit on his own.

It may not, he could very well have been kicked from the team or there was an argument or something similar to that. But as to why the team would do this to such a successful Smasher would be beyond me, but thats just me, so perhaps he simply quit on his own.
Well, it does say he "quit", meaning that it was his decision to leave the team. Most likely to pursue other sponsorships or something of the sort.

In all likelihood his contract simply expired and he chose not to renew it. It has been a year since he initially signed on after all.

Given his win at SSC, he probably got a better offer from another sponsor and chose not to renew his contract. Either that, or he didn't renew because he's anticipating that a better offer will come.

Mr.R , Ally and Abadango are all free agent and want a sponsor, but Nairo can just willingly leave team LIQUID for something else

I don't know if it was a slip of the tongue, but Pepsi eSports said he'd be joining them soon on twitter

I always wondered why smashers, doesn't matter who they are, just up and leave a team out of the blue and seemingly for no reason (well, I say that because they don't provide a reason). It's not a big deal to me but the curiosity over it all is so agonizing!

Last edited:
I always wondered why smashers, doesn't matter who they are, just up and leave a team out of the blue and seemingly for no reason (well, I say that because they don't provide a reason). It's not a big deal to me but the curiosity over it all is so agonizing!
That doesn't usually happen. Usually their contracts just expire and they don't renew them. Most team contracts in the eSports world last 6 months to a year.

Top Bottom