• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nair

Pillowpet

Smash Apprentice
who has the best nair who was the worst nair. In a battle what is the avaerge number of times u nair.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
...Weird question.
I don't think this is something very relevant to ask.
I can think of a ton of good Nairs, actually. I can't even think of a bad one off the top of my head. Marth, Lucina and Roy's Nair is really strong, really fast, covers options at ledge, can stuff out aerial approaches really well and the first hit (In Lucina and Roy's case) can lead into many combos, including kill combos. Mewtwo's Nair is fast, disjointed and lasts forever. Mario and Luigi's Nair is strong and is one of the best combo breakers in the came. Zelda's Nair can be used out of her throws, deals very high damage and KOs early. Sheik's Nair is just amazing for so much stuff...
It's hard to pinpoint.

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
...Weird question.
I don't think this is something very relevant to ask.
I can think of a ton of good Nairs, actually. I can't even think of a bad one off the top of my head. Marth, Lucina and Roy's Nair is really strong, really fast, covers options at ledge, can stuff out aerial approaches really well and the first hit (In Lucina and Roy's case) can lead into many combos, including kill combos. Mewtwo's Nair is fast, disjointed and lasts forever. Mario and Luigi's Nair is strong and is one of the best combo breakers in the came. Zelda's Nair can be used out of her throws, deals very high damage and KOs early. Sheik's Nair is just amazing for so much stuff...
It's hard to pinpoint.
Bad nairs? :4diddy::4duckhunt::4shulk::4sonic: come to mind, but there really aren't that many, huh?
As for the best, I'm not sure, but the most used would likely be :4cloud::4greninja::4myfriends::4link::4lucas::4luigi::4megaman::4mewtwo::4ryu::4wiifit::4zelda:.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
My most immediate answer is Cloud, because his neutral air does everything you could ever ask of a move. It's fast, it has good range, minimal landing lag, sets up for combos, is good at edgeguarding and getting people off you, it's like a damn Swiss Army knife.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Yeah...pretty good question, I do declare. Just a few good n-airs off the top of my head:
  • :4link: has a good n-air since it comes out fast with great recovery
  • :4bowser:'s does a ****load of damage and auto-cancels for good recovery
  • :4falco:'s can lead into other ground attacks
  • :rosalina:'s has a pretty long-lasting hitbox with good reach
  • :4lucas:'s & :4gaw:'s rack up damage and they both recover fast

With that said, name a neutral aerial that's worse than :4kirby:'s...

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
That's quite the stretch.
I don't think so. It doesn't take much to outclass Kirby's neutral air.
The second hit rarely ever connects after getting the first hit, unless you're at a sweet spot percentage and the character's gravity is right.
I've never had or seen it whiff that often. It usually works just like Falcon's N-Air does.

v3ga

Smash Cadet
It usually works just like Falcon's N-Air does.
That's the thing though is that it doesn't. It may be supposed to, but it doesn't. Ganon's first hit sends opponents much further than falcon's. I suppose depending on your definition of consistent, we can agree to disagree though.

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
That's the thing though is that it doesn't. It may be supposed to, but it doesn't. Ganon's first hit sends opponents much further than falcon's. I suppose depending on your definition of consistent, we can agree to disagree though.
I have no idea why you think ganon's nair is worse than kirby's, I duo main ganon and g&w, and I always had it connect both hits even in the 90s and 100s, Ganon's nair can:

1: Jablock at low percents
2: Kill and rack up tons of damage off of down throw
3: amazing edgeguarding tool

Kirby's is garbage.

Pillowpet

Smash Apprentice
I have no idea why you think ganon's nair is worse than kirby's, I duo main ganon and g&w, and I always had it connect both hits even in the 90s and 100s, Ganon's nair can:

1: Jablock at low percents
2: Kill and rack up tons of damage off of down throw
3: amazing edgeguarding tool

Kirby's is garbage.
True I love Ganon's Nair especially for combing out of down throw at low percents

Knightmare369

Smash Rookie
IMO :4ryu: has the best nair. The only thing it lacks is range, it comes out fast, has little to no end lag. links into itself, links into downsmash, links into every other arial including spike, it jablocks, has invincibility frames, can pack up the damage, and also links to TRSRK.

Last edited:

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
Cool! Link your research paper here with empirical proof that Kirby's nair is worse and you'll get a cookie! Otherwise, let me help direct you here to the definition of fact, it seems like you've forgotten what it means.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fact
*Sigh* this is why players will never get better. I'm done trying to educate you on moves you should understand that works better than others.

v3ga

Smash Cadet
*Sigh* this is why players will never get better. I'm done trying to educate you on moves you should understand that works better than others.
I understand how the moves work. I play the game. You're the one that decided to reply to me clearly stating it was an opinion with "It's a fact". Really dude?
The only basis you're educating on, is educating me on how you've developed the ethereal ability to dictate fact. GG.

Last edited:

Vic.

Smash Lord
NNID
vicente12202
Kirby's Nair sucks absolute a**! First off its slow startup of ten frames really hinders it from being useful at all to approach. Second it doesn't combo into really anything. Third it doesn't kill until 150% at the very least witch is terrible. And fourth it has 73 frames of lag in the air, making him a target for a nice spike kill.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I actually end up linking Nair 1>2 with Ganon more consistently than I can with Lucina sometimes.
It racks up a ton of damage, it's relatively fast with it, and the second hit kills (you can just try to hit it with that alone).
It's definitely useful.

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
Nah guys stop saying how good Ganon's Nair is, I'm obviously dumb and don't know what I'm saying ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Blockmanz

Smash Lord
NNID
Blockmanz
You really are dumb tbh
Nair doesn't come out frame 7
It never links to the second hit ever
It sucks as a kill move, only killing at ledge at like %210 AT LEAST

You need to stop kek

v3ga

Smash Cadet
Wow. Yeah I obviously said Ganon's nair never ever kills and has no application at all. *Sarcasm*.
Holy hell.
You don't need to crusade your opinion to end of eternity to come out the victor. I stated from the beginning that it was my OPINION.
Jesus H Christ.

Vic.

Smash Lord
NNID
vicente12202
Wow. Yeah I obviously said Ganon's nair never ever kills and has no application at all. *Sarcasm*.
Holy hell.
You don't need to crusade your opinion to end of eternity to come out the victor. I stated from the beginning that it was my OPINION.
Jesus H Christ.
We should be able to have our opinions about it too then.

Last edited:

v3ga

Smash Cadet
We should be able to have our opinions about it too then.
Where did I ever say that you didn't have the right to? I realize building arguments made out of straw men is fun and all, but It's not something that should be relied upon.
Also, kill power and frame data are not opinions.
Of course not, they are statistics lmao. If you're trying to say that the statistics back his nair being better, you still have to take into account the application of the move in the context of the battle.

Last edited:

Vic.

Smash Lord
NNID
vicente12202
Where did I ever say that you didn't have the right to? I realize building arguments made out of straw men is fun and all, but It's not something that should be relied upon.

Of course not, they are statistics lmao. If you're trying to say that the statistics back his nair being better, you still have to take into account the application of the move in the context of the battle.
Yeah... You ****ed up when you said statistics dont back up what we're saying.

Blockmanz

Smash Lord
NNID
Blockmanz
I have. And it has better application. Combo breaker, percent builder, edgeguarding tool, kill move. There are your applications.

v3ga

Smash Cadet
Yeah... You ****ed up when you said statistics dont back up what we're saying.
No, I really didn't. The frame date stats alone don't make it a better move. There are literally dozens of factors that go into a move being "better" than another.
The only reason I'm even replying at this point is to help break down this concept. But if it's your sole mission to prove me 'wrong', go ahead. I really don't care that much about a video game to disprove other people's opinions.

Last edited:

Vic.

Smash Lord
NNID
vicente12202
No, I really didn't. The frame date stats alone don't make it a better move. There are literally dozens of factors that go into a move being "better" than another.
The only reason I'm even replying at this point is to help break down this concept. But if it's your sole mission to prove me 'wrong', go ahead. I really don't care that much about a video game to disprove other people's opinions.
If you didn't care you wouldn't of even replied to Aph when he disagreed with you and said Kirby's Nair was garbage.
So in conclusion you really care a lot about a video game to disprove other peoples opinions. Kirby's Nair isn't good in stats at all.The frame data matters a ****ton as well.

SilverForUbers

Smash Master
NNID
Silver4Ubers
Kirby's Nair is worse. It doesn't matter whether it's your opinion or not, it can be seen quite easily. Let's break down some more applications of why Ganon's Nair is indeed better since this concept seems to be very difficult to comprehend. Ganon's Nair is a great tool. It's quite fast, does a good amount of damage, is much safer on shield than Kirby's when spaced well, and can be used to edgeguard unlike Kirby's (since the endlag on Kirby's Nair makes it a very high risk low reward move offstage, similar to Shulk's Nair). Kirby's Nair can....lead to a grab at early percents I guess? However, Kirby can't just throw out this move in neutral. It has a terrible autocancel window along with the fact that it has barely any range and is easily punishable on shield, the amount of lag it has for how slow and weak it is is actually quite sad. Ganon's, however, like I said before, is much safer on shield when spaced properly and does a good amount of shield damage as well, making it much more viable in neutral, although of course it still isn't exactly the safest thing in the world. So let's see. Ganon's Nair has better frame data, a better damage output, offstage presence, kill power, range, among other things. Kinda sad I had to write about this but it seems it was needed. :tired:

Vic.

Smash Lord
NNID
vicente12202
Kirby's Nair is worse. It doesn't matter whether it's your opinion or not, it can be seen quite easily. Let's break down some more applications of why Ganon's Nair is indeed better since this concept seems to be very difficult to comprehend. Ganon's Nair is a great tool. It's quite fast, does a good amount of damage, is much safer on shield than Kirby's when spaced well, and can be used to edgeguard unlike Kirby's (since the endlag on Kirby's Nair makes it a very high risk low reward move offstage, similar to Shulk's Nair). Kirby's Nair can....lead to a grab at early percents I guess? However, Kirby can't just throw out this move in neutral. It has a terrible autocancel window along with the fact that it has barely any range and is easily punishable on shield, the amount of lag it has for how slow and weak it is is actually quite sad. Ganon's, however, like I said before, is much safer on shield when spaced properly and does a good amount of shield damage as well, making it much more viable in neutral, although of course it still isn't exactly the safest thing in the world. So let's see. Ganon's Nair has better frame data, a better damage output, offstage presence, kill power, range, among other things. Kinda sad I had to write about this but it seems it was needed. :tired:
I completely agree.

v3ga

Smash Cadet
If you didn't care you wouldn't of even replied to Aph when he disagreed with you
Did you even read what I wrote? I said I don't care enough to disprove opinions. I replied to him because he asked why I thought it was worse. I simply said, because it's my opinion. Did I try to combat him? No, I didn't. Stop trying to be the biggest kid on the playground.

EDIT: It's a sad state to see so many unnecessary attacks that stemmed from me stating an F**king opinion that was seemingly unpopular. People wonder why the smash community is called "toxic".

Last edited:

Blockmanz

Smash Lord
NNID
Blockmanz
Preach.

Blockmanz

Smash Lord
NNID
Blockmanz
It's a sad state to see so many unnecessary attacks that stemmed from me stating an F**king opinion that was seemingly unpopular. People wonder why the smash community is called "toxic".
There's a fine line between having the unpopular opinion and having the wrong idea. You, my friend, have the wrong idea.

Vic.

Smash Lord
NNID
vicente12202
Did you even read what I wrote? I said I don't care enough to disprove opinions. I replied to him because he asked why I thought it was worse. I simply said, because it's my opinion. Did I try to combat him? No, I didn't. Stop trying to be the biggest kid on the playground.
You can have your "opinion" and I'll have mine.

I'm going to sleep because this argument is a waste of time, I might steal your lunch money when I wake up. I love being the biggest kid on the playground.

Last edited:

v3ga

Smash Cadet
There's a fine line between having the unpopular opinion and having the wrong idea. You, my friend, have the wrong idea.
Regardless of the fact that it's impossible to say my idea is 'wrong', would it even be worth attacking someone for? You're missing the point completely.
You can have your opinion and I'll have mine.
I'm going to sleep because this argument is a waste of time, I might steal your lunch money when I wake up. I love being the biggest kid on the playground.
Well I'm not a kid, so I don't visit playgrounds. Lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom