• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nair -> footstool -> Dair lock combo % for each character

David Galanos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apost1e
Greninja footstool combo percent and usability for each character

This is a list on how Greninja’s Nair -> footstool -> dair lock combo works on every character. The full combos being:

Nair -> footstool -> dair lock -> Nair -> footstool -> dair lock -> Nair -> up smash (68%)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The stars indicate how usable/doable the combo is on the character:

★☆☆☆☆: don’t use
★★☆☆☆: very inconsistent, not recommended
★★★☆☆: not the most consistent but good
★★★★☆: good to use
★★★★★: good/easiest to do against

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep in mind that this is not solid fact, it’s just one person testing out stuff and noting what I see, feel free to do your own testing as well to see if you have something different.

:4mario:: 0-5%, no later.
  • Kinda weird for him because sometimes he’ll be able to move out of it, but it works pretty alright against him
★★★☆☆

:4luigi:: 0-5%
  • Not the character I’d recommend using this against, he can get out and drift away or it just misses. It can be done it's just not as easy. Although you can do one Nair -> footstool ->dair lock into a Nair -> up smash though

★★☆☆☆

:4peach:: N/A
  • Probably shouldn’t use. Occasionally I'll get the lock from 0-6% but you can't do the full combo at all. I would just recommend not using it because she's too floaty

★☆☆☆☆

:4bowser:: 3-15%
  • Bowsers big body makes it pretty easy to connect, and is good to start up to around 15%. A shuriken gets you at the recommended 3%

★★★★★

:4yoshi:: 0-6%
  • Yoshi can occasionally get out of it because of his air mobility but it still is pretty good on him. Works most consistently at 0% for him

★★★★☆

:rosalina:: 0-3%
  • You shouldn’t really try this with luma there since it gets in the way. You can't do the full thing but from 0-3% you can do one Nair -> footstool -> dair lock into a Nair -> up smash

★★☆☆☆

:4bowserjr:: 0-5%
  • works pretty well, maybe you can get it past 5% but I found that he would pop out

★★★★☆

:4wario:: 0-5%
  • I feel like with Wario’s aerial mobility they could DI out but it still works alright. It can go past 5% but then you can’t really get much out of it then so I would recommend starting it before 5%

★★★★☆

:4dk:: 0-15%
  • Against DK sometimes you're barely hitting him with the nair but it's ok because you just just land your nair to the left or right a bit or b-reverse the shuriken stall

★★★★★

:4diddy:: 0-6%
  • It works pretty well, just be a little bit quicker about it against him

★★★★☆

:4gaw:: 0%
  • Very inconsistent but it can still work, I wouldn’t do it past 0% though. He's a bit too floaty

★★☆☆☆

:4littlemac:: 0-10%
  • Felt consistent on mac, wasn’t popping until past 10%

★★★★☆

:4link:: 0-10%
  • Found Link pretty easy and consistent, easier to start a little past 0% but definitely works at 0% too

★★★★☆

:4zelda:: 0-3%

• Wouldn’t recommend on zelda, doesn’t really work and even if you get it started you won’t get much off it. If you get the lock just do one Nair -> footstool -> dair lock into a Nair -> up smash

★★☆☆☆

:4sheik:: 7-20%
  • earliest I got it was 7% and you can’t get more than one lock on her. Just like with Zelda if you get the lock do one Nair -> footstool -> dair lock into a Nair -> up smash

★★☆☆☆

:4ganondorf:: 0-20%
  • At some percents between 10-20 you may see him pop out or something but still works well. I would do it between 5-10% if you want the most off of it

★★★★☆

:4tlink:: 0%
  • Not too consistent but still works, wouldn’t recommend doing past 0% though

★★★☆☆

:4samus:: 0-3%
  • She gets out of it towards the end of the combo so you don’t get as much out of it compared to other characters. I would just do one Nair -> footstool -> dair lock into a Nair -> up smash if you get the lock, although you may not get the sweetspot up smash

★★☆☆☆

:4zss:: 3-15%
  • Just like Samus, ZSS isn’t the best to do this on either and doesn't get the full combo. Do one Nair -> footstool -> dair lock into a Nair -> up smash if you get the lock, although you may not get the sweetspot up smash

★★☆☆☆

:4pit:: 0-5%
  • Didn’t find trouble with pit, after 5% though the dair lock will miss so do it in that range

★★★★☆

:4palutena:: 0-9%
  • The dair lock is very inconsistent on her and if you do get it the full combo doesn't work. Like with some others you can do one Nair -> footstool -> dair lock into a Nair -> up smash if you get the lock

★★☆☆☆

:4marth:: 0-5%
  • not the best consistency, the dair lock will sometimes land greninja besides Marth, but other than that it can work ok

★★★☆☆

:4myfriends:: 0-10%
  • at 0 I found it harder to start, and past 10% the combo doesn’t give you as much but before that it is good to use

★★★★☆

:4robinm:: 0-5%
  • Works pretty well, past 5% though the lock doesnt really work but Robin is a pretty good character to use this on

★★★★☆

:4duckhunt:: 0-4%
  • works at 5% but then the full string doesnt work. Not the most consistent but it can definitely be done

★★★☆☆

:4kirby:: 0-4%
  • lock is not consistent and even if you get it the full combo doesn’t really work. Although, if you sourspot the nairs this combo can work.

★★☆☆☆

:4dedede:: 2-13%
  • Works past 13% but the full percent of it can’t be gotten. But he’s another big target that gets rekt by this combo

★★★★★

:4metaknight:: 0-7%
  • Past 7% full percent of the combo can’t be reached. Harder to do at 0% but can be done

★★★★☆

:4fox:: N/A
  • He falls way too fast. The lock can be got in the 20-30% range but even then you can’t even do the string

★☆☆☆☆

:4falco:: 8-10%
  • Not as bad as fox but still not great. You can’t get the full 60+ percent on the combo

★★☆☆☆

:4pikachu:: 0-5%
  • Past 5% the full combo can’t be reached. Before it can work pretty well on him, but sometimes he doesn’t get popped up enough for the upsmash. If you can sourspot the hairs it may be easier to get the dair locks but not required

★★★★☆

:4charizard:: 0-15%
  • Another big target

★★★★★

:4lucario:: 0-5%
  • works pretty good but Lucario can’t get hit by the sweetspot of the upsmash, just sourspot

★★★★☆

:4jigglypuff:: N/A
  • Just flat out doesn’t work from my experience

★☆☆☆☆

:4greninja:: 25%
  • you can only do Nair -> footstool -> dair lock -> nair -> upsmash at 25% strictly, so isn’t really useful
★★☆☆☆

:4rob:: 0-20%
  • works great on rob, consistent and he’s pretty big

★★★★★

:4ness:: 0-3%
  • Works ok against him but his air mobility may mess it up. Starting at 0% is the most consistent but still may be messed up

★★★☆☆

:4falcon:: 10-13%
  • Sometimes the dair lock will miss. Isn’t too consistent on falcon and having it only work from 10-13% is inconvenient

★★★☆☆

:4villager:: 0%
  • The most consistent just starting at 0, but it will still miss the dair lock sometimes

★★★☆☆

:4olimar:: 0-5%
  • You can’t do the full thing, and sometimes the dair lock misses, but you can do Nair -> footstool -> dair lock -> nair -> upsmash

★★☆☆☆

:4wiifit:: 0-6%
  • Like olimar the full thing doesnt work. The second dair lock either won’t lock or misses. You can do Nair -> footstool -> dair lock -> nair -> upsmash between 0-6% though

★★☆☆☆

:4shulk:: 0-5%
  • Not the most consistent but it can work, I would only do this at 0% if you want the full combo though

★★★☆☆

:4drmario:: 0-5%
  • works well on him but I would only do at 0% even if it can work up to 5% potentially. He has more chances of popping out when it's not at 0% and above 6% the second dair lock won’t work

★★★★☆

:4darkpit:: 0-3%
  • Works at 4% and 5% but not consistently. Between 0-3% it works well and when you should probably do it

★★★★☆

:4lucina:: 0-3%
  • Works ok (mostly at 0%) but the dair lock can be inconsistent

★★★☆☆

:4pacman:: 0-2%
  • inconsistent dair lock but it can work. For the 2nd footstool -> dair lock you kinda have to wait have a second for him to get lower to the ground, especially if you're not at 0%, which would give the opponent a chance to escape possibly

★★★☆☆

:4megaman:: 0-8%
  • Works pretty well, I would recommend it slightly above 0% to secure a sweetspot upsmash

★★★★☆

:4sonic:: 0-5%
  • Works well. There were some times he may pop out when it's not at 0% but if you have the timing down for it there's nothing to worry about

★★★★☆

:4mewtwo:: 0-10%
  • Works good, you’ll find it more consistent the lower the percent

★★★★☆

:4lucas:: 0-5%
  • Sometimes the dair lock will miss especially if it's not at 0% but it still works good

★★★☆☆

:4feroy:: 8-15%
  • Second dair lock is inconsistent, not the greatest character to try this on but it can work

★★★☆☆

:4ryu:: 3-15%
  • Kinda hard to start before 3% but can be done, and you may see missed dair locks towards 15% but not much

★★★★☆

:4cloud:: 5-10%
  • If cloud has a limit break charged it changes from 7-12%. Works pretty well on him

★★★★☆

:4corrin:: 0-10%
  • you may miss dair locks occasionally the higher the percent but this is definitely worth doing on corrin

★★★★☆

:4bayonetta:: 5-15%
  • need to be quick about it on bayo if it’s 5% or earlier, so would do it after 5%, but this works pretty good on her

★★★★☆

Last edited:

Guimartgon

Smash Apprentice
I've done a very similar thing on google docs where I set percent from where I have gotten it and where I can get it reliably.

You can expand this with soft Nair percents which go up higher as well as with %s for the simpler nair FS Dair Shuriken into Nair Usmash which also go a bit higher. I'm on vacation without access to my computer and my phone's too slow for docs to be a thing but I'll see if I can send my data once I'm back.

AlexAnthonyD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anthony
3DS FC
1521-5082-7099
Really fascinating read I am really bad at executing the combo so I rarely try it but with info like this I will absolutely have a better framework to build off of. Thank you!

Top Bottom