• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

N64 Emulator that allows for netplay on linux

Druncle_Titus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sean.Dunn17
I'm on Manjaro linux and I want to get into smash64, but project64 is for windows and i don't wanna risk increased lag with wine. I tried mupen64+, but it wouldn't recognize my GC adapter or controller, and input settings wouldn't save. Any idea what I should do? I asked the guys on the discord, and they couldn't help.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Wine + Mupen64++(or maybe K 0.8, i forget which one is more stable) works.

I can confirm 100%, just use Nrage and Glide/Rice. Jabo plugins wont work on wine.

Yoshi-Fan GM

Smash Cadet
I'm on Manjaro linux and I want to get into smash64, but project64 is for windows and i don't wanna risk increased lag with wine. I tried mupen64+, but it wouldn't recognize my GC adapter or controller, and input settings wouldn't save. Any idea what I should do? I asked the guys on the discord, and they couldn't help.
You can run Pj64k on a VM (preferably XP), install wined3d for 3D support, and use Glide64 plugin. You can use your GC adapter inside it. In fact, that's what I use for all Smash Bros. netplay because I run Ubuntu 16.04.

Sadly, I don't think there are other easy alternatives on Linux. Mupen64++ works fine on Wine, but the GC adapter is not yet supported on Linux, so you'd have to use keyboard or another controller.

Druncle_Titus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sean.Dunn17
You can run Pj64k on a VM (preferably XP), install wined3d for 3D support, and use Glide64 plugin. You can use your GC adapter inside it. In fact, that's what I use for all Smash Bros. netplay because I run Ubuntu 16.04.

Sadly, I don't think there are other easy alternatives on Linux. Mupen64++ works fine on Wine, but the GC adapter is not yet supported on Linux, so you'd have to use keyboard or another controller.
Is there a certain VM I should use?

Madao

I heard retroarch has netplay, but I never tried their netplay yet.

Top Bottom