• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request N64/Classic character Models

ZenSmash

Smash Rookie
Could someone make some n64/classic model imports that go over the metal versions of all the characters

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
Wait so you want these classic models only for when a character has a metal cap?

zankyou

Smash Lord
Youd probably need to ask the guys in the codes subforum for that then.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Would probably be best to get 64 models that are already in the game. The ones that show in the character bubbles.

Yakult

Smash Cadet
it's actually fairly easy (although a bit long) to change the .dat files in dtw so that they use the low poly models instead of the high poly ones, and most of the low poly models are pretty close to the 64 ones. Editing the textures so they look like the n64 versions on the other hand.....

I was very close to finishing n64 jigs, and had done most of fox and falcon. I dont think i have any of the files on me though :( i'll check on my hd tomorrow

zankyou

Smash Lord
Well in order to get them to be default all you have to do is change the pointers to the object groups around. But if you want them to only show when a metal cap is on youd have to have some code for that.

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice
It would be great to have mod where all characters had low poly models by default. It would be really cool and would not affect gameplay. Is that possible?

Last edited:

slowbruh

Smash Cadet
it's actually fairly easy (although a bit long) to change the .dat files in dtw so that they use the low poly models instead of the high poly ones, and most of the low poly models are pretty close to the 64 ones. Editing the textures so they look like the n64 versions on the other hand.....

I was very close to finishing n64 jigs, and had done most of fox and falcon. I dont think i have any of the files on me though :( i'll check on my hd tomorrow
Can you send the costumes of N64 falcon and N64 fox it would be so cool id if i could play as N64 Falcon

Yakult

Smash Cadet
here is falcon. here is the model for fox but unfortunately i dont have the version where i was doing the textures. its still unfinished atm anyway

feel free to use the model though if you want to make your own version :)

Last edited:

slowbruh

Smash Cadet
Woah nice thank you is it possible to use these costumes as their second alt costume
here is falcon. here is the model for fox but unfortunately i dont have the version where i was doing the textures. its still unfinished atm anyway

feel free to use the model though if you want to make your own version :)

Yakult

Smash Cadet
Woah nice thank you is it possible to use these costumes as their second alt costume
do you mean for the 20xx l and r alts? it's totally possible, just import them over the eg PlCaNr.rat or PlCaNr.lat files in DTW just as your would over the .dat file. if youre using gcr i'd guess you just have to rename the file to eg PlCaNr.rat or PlCaNr.lat and put it in your root folder then rebuild. same for fox.

you wont however be able to use these for like falcon's green costume or other colours, only for his neutral costumes.

slowbruh

Smash Cadet
"you wont however be able to use these for like falcon's green costume or other colours, only for his neutral costumes" so i cant replace falcons pink costume with the n64 model
thank you for your information i imported falcon and fox into melee and they look AWESOME thank you

Last edited:
Top Bottom