• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

N2P Super Smash 64 Online Tournament

esuom

Smash Rookie
Yo Im hosting a small tournament so far its only 8 player max but i can make it bigger if more people join.

Its my first tournament ever, I never ever played in one either. So I think it will be fun.

http://n2pgaming.com/tournaments.php?site=cups&action=details&cupID=1

Check it out Any suggestions or w.e I need to fix let me know. I'd like to see some people come and play.

I dont have any prizes yet but if its successful and i can do them quite often I'll host more and maybe add future prizes.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
tournament thread link does not work. the ...'s do not properly become whatever the original link was

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Some more details about the tournament would be nice. Most tournaments online take weeks to complete (if they complete at all), even though your dates say a 2 day tourney. I actually like that idea though, you can only sign up if you're available to play all of your games in a one day span. What ruleset is being used (I assume backroom)?

I really do like this idea of really quick tournaments though. Maybe it will revive online competitions if we host a bunch of small quick tourneys.

The Star King

Smash Hero
^I have always supported one day tourneys (you show up at a certain time and everyone plays their matches) but apparently not man other people do :(

clubbadubba

Smash Master
^Well you and me makes 2. I mean clearly the other way is not very effective. An 8 person double elim is basically what, 5 nonoverlapping rounds? At no more than 30 minutes a match we're talking you play 2.5 hours of smash max IF you make it to the end. Gotta be enough people who can do that on a weekend. Maybe I'll set one up too after this one, even though I won't have the internet to actually play in it. Gotta keep the scene alive!

kys

Smash Ace
Koro tried doing this the summer before last...or was it 2 summer before last....? I dunno I can't remember, but I do remember it failed miserably. Good luck mang.

esuom

Smash Rookie
well since im kinda new to the online scene of this let me know what you guys think should be the rules and what not. If anyone wants admin that will help set it up let me know

I can set it to a week span too

esuom

Smash Rookie
Oh btw another feature this tournament page has is you have to check in on the day of the tournament to be put in the bracket. so if people who signed up but dont show, will not be put in the bracket.

esuom

Smash Rookie
Well I can also stream the games I need to see if it doesnt lag the gameplay though.

Zell~D

Smash Cadet
Hmmm if you do that then its gonna be a lengthy 1 day tournament. But i think it will be awesome in the long run

esuom

Smash Rookie
well im not going to be able to stream all of them myself, If anything I can get a buddy to help out with that.

Can have like 2 streams running at once, not all of them will be streamed.

Zell~D

Smash Cadet
well im not going to be able to stream all of them myself, If anything I can get a buddy to help out with that.

Can have like 2 streams running at once, not all of them will be streamed.
Then no one can watch all the matches.

esuom

Smash Rookie
Well I'll see what we can do bout that. I think first thing is to try and get people signed up

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Here is a link to the Backroom rule set you should probably use:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=295918

Just link it somewhere on the tourney site and OP. Most players know the rules already anyway.

I also recommend you check out this thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=306764

It's a rating project that is trying to get going for 64 online. It would be nice to get more data for the ratings. You would have to seed your tournament based on the current rankings for entrants who are already rated, which shouldn't be a big issue right?

esuom

Smash Rookie
yo clubbadubba if you want to help me out go ahead and register and i'll give you admin.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Well I would register but I know I won't have the internet to pull it off this weekend. I'm glad help you out with anything you need though. Just checked out the site again, it looks pretty good now. Wish I could help you with the number of entrants. If you go on kaillera you might be able to reach some more people.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Just saying for your gameshark comment

Gameshark is required in order to make it so characters/stages/item selct can be unlocked

esuom

Smash Rookie
I updated the gameshark comment.

we got 4 people signed up so far! Just need 4 more at least. if we get more then even better.

esuom

Smash Rookie
bump 3 more people

Well I was thinking if we dont get at least 8 I might still either have the tournament keep running, or just move it to next weekend.

Also those that have signed up already. Make sure to check-in so you can be placed in the bracket.

esuom

Smash Rookie
Check ins are in about an hour. Decided to just keep it goin. If anyone doesnt show up though I'll extend it to next weekend.

Top Bottom