• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MYTHIC VOL 4 feat. VBrawl & Brawl+! Dec. 5th, 2009 (MD/VA Tournament!!)

forute

Smash Ace
Kefka is simply amazing on one fact

His reason for world domination was simply he wanted to, nothing else

Who needs back story, he's insane
well, he does have a tiny bit of backstory explaining why he's crazy
but yeah it doesn't make for very exceptional writing even though he's tight lol, that's why i think sephiroth's a better character

i mean it kind of works both ways, sometimes simplicity is good, but in the end it's still just simple

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Yeah i understand forte, the 2nd half of FF6 really didn't have a whole lot of storyline writing, it was basically up to Setzer, then bits and pieces put together if you wanted to up to kefka

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I think the thing that sold me about Kefka was this line..

"Nothing can beat the music of hundreds of voices screaming in unison."

THAT right there is what makes him one of the best villians in RPG history.

Final Fantasy XIV

Banned via Warnings
Well any game involving TL as the main character sucks by default XD

Though Wind Waker was decent.

Edit: I just found out mininova.org, the best torrent/filesharing site ever has been ***** by the long, gay arm of the filesharing law.

Tis a sad day......oh well, on to Pirate Bay

Lobos

Smash Master
I wouldn't know I never played any games with TL in it except for brawl LOL

**** mininova was my go to site oh well

Final Fantasy XIV

Banned via Warnings
Yeah i understand forte, the 2nd half of FF6 really didn't have a whole lot of storyline writing, it was basically up to Setzer, then bits and pieces put together if you wanted to up to kefka
Actually it seems to be more about each individual character dealing with their past issues, and finding a way to cope with them (spoilers)

It starts out with Celes' loneliness issues, with her being standed with and having to protect the only parental figure she's ever known, and of course if you don't do the scenario correctly, Cid dies.

Sabin and Edgar don't really have much backstory in the World of Ruin, theirs was pretty much done with in World of Balance

Setzer has his past with Daryl of course, coming to terms with the death of an old co-pilot

Most of the rest are optional but still crucial to the story, like Cyan finally saying goodbye to his wife and child for good, Gau finding out his father abandoned him on the Veldt, Shadow's dreams about his former gang and their tragedies, Terra finally understanding what it means to be loved and needed, Locke trying to revive his dead fiance whose death he feels responsible.

Strago/Relm have that thing north of Themasa, but IIRC it was pretty useless and didn't offer anything story-wise.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Yeah I agree, but it didn't come to create a cohesive plot (I loved it about it) which might make kefka feel empty

Kefka is awesome

Also, I've been using pirate bay for years, its been great

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
WOOOOOOOOOOOOW, don't hate on Sin, but anyway, I guess that makes Pain my favorite Naruto character as he's a self-proclaimed "God"

Now that I think about it, MMing the Holy Spirit is gonna be pretty hard to win

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I hate pointless and meaningless posts in my threads.

If Poyo wants to do a money match, let him. It's nobody else's money but his own to do what he pleases with, everyone on this thread should not play Mom and tell him what's right from wrong, let him either gain whatever it is he's trying to achieve or learn from his mistakes.

Now for a better topic.. Who's Turkey day was just as amazing as mine? I feel like I'm about to go into a coma with all the food I've eaten. :D

Final Fantasy XIV

Banned via Warnings
Bolt, IMO poyo is someone to be classified as "special ed" (not insulting you poyo)

I know poyo is booksmart, but that doesnt' mean you have common sense, you can have all the brains in the world yet still fail at life because you throw money away, and that is essentially what you are doing now. I'm sure pros like korn, chu, etc will play friendlies with you to help you improve, you don't have to buy smash training from them.

But poyo isn't MM'ing anyone unbeatable anymore, so no need to mention it. Dont' "give" your money to lie (or anyone else) though, I'm not gonna let you do that.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
That actually is painful to read tbh, because in elementary school and first year of middle school, I actually took special ed, well I mean my mom enrolled me in it and I had no choice but the fact is I still did. It did more bad than good for me, in fact I still have dreams of torture about some of my special ed teachers :(

And okay Lie, we're gonna play for real :D

$60 MM okay with you?

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Bolt, I remember when you used to hype this type of **** up, why not anymore???
Dude I'll be more than happy to hype it up, I was mainly targeting people that were telling you what to do with your money. The rematch with Lie will be Amazing and I am truelly excited to see it.. I may even sidebet on your behalf but I'd have to see how Lie is doing when he arrives. I'll be keeping a close eye on the two of you during the tournament to see who has improved.. but I have the upmost confidence in you as smasher.

Main Events are always a personal favorite of mine, and I'm glad you and Lie have become the two in the spotlight because nobody else is ballzy enough to throwdown such an amount of money.

No offense to anyone of course, everyone has their reasons, including myself.

Final Fantasy XIV

Banned via Warnings
I'm actually looking forward to the MM almost most as much the events themselves, it's gonna be fun/hilarious to watch.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Dude I'll be more than happy to hype it up, I was mainly targeting people that were telling you what to do with your money. The rematch with Lie will be Amazing and I am truelly excited to see it.. I may even sidebet on your behalf but I'd have to see how Lie is doing when he arrives. I'll be keeping a close eye on the two of you during the tournament to see who has improved.. but I have the upmost confidence in you as smasher.

Main Events are always a personal favorite of mine, and I'm glad you and Lie have become the two in the spotlight because nobody else is ballzy enough to throwdown such an amount of money.

No offense to anyone of course, everyone has their reasons, including myself.
lol if you only knew what goes on

ohh **** poyo is very confident.. **** this is going to be the main event

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I'm gonna try to do this with all Kirby, if not then its 9 time ;)

Who wants to $5 sidebet with me I win a game against Lie cause of a 9 hammer (a 9 has to kill his last stock)?

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
Poyo, we still need to teach you the ZSS match-up! Doesn't have to be MM dude, we just gotta play this day.

Lie, haven't seen ya in forever man! Who knows when I'll see ya again. MM, zss vs snake? Or someone else if you want. I just don't feel like dealing with falco if I'm going zss. :) Just for like 5 perhaps?

Bolt, they may have scheduled me to work, but I think I'm getting out of it. I have a new buddy who works in my dept and I think he's gonna cover the shift for me. We still on for the crew battle?? And are we putting a little money in for it or not?

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Hmm, I have $5 spare and since no one has taken me up on that 9 hammer sidebet, we could do an MM if you wanted, I really wanted to at Chu's and it was gonna happen until everyone went out to chipotle xD

Doesn't have to be $5, but I want it to be at least $2, of course if you want to just friendly thats okay too.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Yo Bolt, is this running 5.0 official or GSH1 beta for Brawl+?

Top Bottom