• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Bingo :)
One of my favorite bosses (not this particular form, I mean Kabuki himself). Though I don't think he went to Jurokubei's time, he came from a further future to fight Goemon.. again.
Well my question is, why is he wearing and look like Sasuke? Albeit a Hulk Sasuke. Wish I get Konami to answer that.
Maybe Kabuki somehow stolen the blueprints to some of Wiseman's projects specifically Sasuke's and he used that to make himself into a stronger cyborg or robot or whatever. But that's just my head canon though.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Maybe Kabuki somehow stolen the blueprints to some of Wiseman's projects specifically Sasuke's and he used that to make himself into a stronger cyborg or robot or whatever. But that's just my head canon though.
Here's a better one. What if the one who fixed him is a descendant of Monoshiri? Now that would be interesting, as it would flow well with the story :)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Here's a better one. What if the one who fixed him is a descendant of Monoshiri? Now that would be interesting, as it would flow well with the story :)
The only way I could see that is if Wiseman's descendant was tricked by Kabuki or he helped him by accident not knowing either who he was or not knowing he would go back in the past to kill Goemon and possibly Wiseman too. I don't think a descendant of Wiseman would do this if he knew about Kabuki and his history with Goemon and his ancestor Monoshiri as he would know he could go nack in time to not only kill Wiseman but wipe out his existence as well.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
The only way I could see that is if Wiseman's descendant was tricked by Kabuki or he helped him by accident not knowing either who he was or not knowing he would go back in the past to kill Goemon and possibly Wiseman too. I don't think a descendant of Wiseman would do this if he knew about Kabuki and his history with Goemon and his ancestor Monoshiri as he would know he could go nack in time to not only kill Wiseman but wipe out his existence as well.
Jurokube himself thought that Goemon was bad. So who knows what tricks Kabuki would use. But I thought of it as Kabuki was a relic junk and Wiseman/Monoshiri descendant thought it's a waste not to fix him. he gave him weapons and tools and added a few extras based on some old prints he had from the edo era.. hint: Sasuke's :)

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Ok was having some fun writing this article here. But I am running out of steam. I hate dealing with smash numbers. I dont care for the specifics. This attack does 2% damage, but 3% if you are under the sun and singing god bless the queen. no thank you.

So, here is what I have so far. going to try to finish it. but some help with numbers would be appreciated. I also need help making the stat chart (how big is Goemon, how fast does he run, how high can he jump). That stuff. I just cannot find the background used by smash boards.

Goemon-Img1.png

GoemonCostumeAssesment.png
GoemonStockIcons.png
GoemonBMoves.png
GoemonUpgradeSystem.png

musicSelect.png

spiritboard.png

fighterSpirit.png

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Ok was having some fun writing this article here. But I am running out of steam. I hate dealing with smash numbers. I dont care for the specifics. This attack does 2% damage, but 3% if you are under the sun and singing god bless the queen. no thank you.

So, here is what I have so far. going to try to finish it. but some help with numbers would be appreciated. I also need help making the stat chart (how big is Goemon, how fast does he run, how high can he jump). That stuff. I just cannot find the background used by smash boards.

View attachment 291850
View attachment 291857View attachment 291851View attachment 291852View attachment 291853
View attachment 291854
View attachment 291855
View attachment 291856
I love the Spirit Board! Although, Sister Bismaru could make a nice addition as either a Primary Defense, or Support Spirit.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord

View attachment 291850
View attachment 291857View attachment 291851View attachment 291852View attachment 291853
View attachment 291854
View attachment 291855
View attachment 291856
That was awesome.. and yeah, similarly, I don't give about specifics at all.
If only you knew.. hehe
I never thought about the mist jitsu, as I never completed the game.. that was a cool idea
One thing though.. I think Seppukumaru and his team should be a Legend.. the guy punched Impact away

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
What do we think Goemons classic mode would look like?
The title would have to be
Most likely to star in

Given that old advertisement campaign. What kind of theme could we have going. I am trying to think a good one.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Goemon Classic Mode (Title options)
  • Super Smash Bros. Starring Goemon (fights could be against most of the SSB 64 roster, or against fighters that could stand in for the Mystical Ninja bosses from the N64)
  • Visitor From the East (fights could be against fighters that represent western IPs, and whose in-game lore places them in a Western-inspired location)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Jurokube himself thought that Goemon was bad. So who knows what tricks Kabuki would use. But I thought of it as Kabuki was a relic junk and Wiseman/Monoshiri descendant thought it's a waste not to fix him. he gave him weapons and tools and added a few extras based on some old prints he had from the edo era.. hint: Sasuke's :)
Speaking of Jurokubei, who do you think Goemon ended up with Yae or Omitsu? My head canon is Yae as not only I would prefer Goemon x Yae over Goemon x Omitsu, but also because Jurokubei looks more like he would have Yae's genes than Omitsu's because of his good looks and long hair. I know he's from the far future, but I'm just trying to make a excuse here to officially ship Goemon x Yae.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Speaking of Jurokubei, who do you think Goemon ended up with Yae or Omitsu? My head canon is Yae as not only I would prefer Goemon x Yae over Goemon x Omitsu, but also because Jurokubei looks more like he would have Yae's genes than Omitsu's because of his good looks and long hair. I know he's from the far future, but I'm just trying to make a excuse here to officially ship Goemon x Yae.
Goemon x Omitsu
I don't think he'd go for anyone else.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Finally! Someone here takes my idea into script and images :)
This is cool. I'll say though, we're slightly ahead of you in some aspects.. we still can use this though, may we?
Also question, where did you get those Yae and Sasuke Level-3 weapons?

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Finally! Someone here takes my idea into script and images :)
This is cool. I'll say though, we're slightly ahead of you in some aspects.. we still can use this though, may we?
Also question, where did you get those Yae and Sasuke Level-3 weapons?
Ahead of me? And sure. use away. If you want me to customize the image, I can do that also.
As for L3 weapons. For the B moves, I just extrapolated from Goemon and Ebismaru. For the upgrade mechanic, those are actually their Future Goemon counterparts Level 4 attacks.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Ahead of me? And sure. use away. If you want me to customize the image, I can do that also.
As for L3 weapons. For the B moves, I just extrapolated from Goemon and Ebismaru. For the upgrade mechanic, those are actually their Future Goemon counterparts Level 4 attacks.
It's a secret for now :) Until we're done with it.. if ever. (Part of it is about how a Goemon team play in Smash in oppose to Goemon alone).
Thanks a lot, you're a ton of help.
By L3 weapons I meant the special upgrades of Sasuke and Yae. When did they ever use those? Is that what you meant by future? did you mean Shin Sedai? Sorry, I'm kinda lost here.
One note.. don't you want to use Sudden Impact in your Goemon moves set?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
It's a secret for now :) Until we're done with it.. if ever. (Part of it is about how a Goemon team play in Smash in oppose to Goemon alone).
Thanks a lot, you're a ton of help.
By L3 weapons I meant the special upgrades of Sasuke and Yae. When did they ever use those? Is that what you meant by future? did you mean Shin Sedai? Sorry, I'm kinda lost here.
One note.. don't you want to use Sudden Impact in your Goemon moves set?
For special upgrades, yup. Shin sedai. In the psx game, each character has a special forth upgrade. Sasuke mk 2 has this long arm kunai looking attack and it looked like yui used a super long red sword.

For sudden impact, i was going with a theme for the 4. All 4 have roughly the exact same b moves. B is a charagble projectile. Forward b is an arc attack and up b is their death/recoveries.

Had no space for the magics.
ShinLevel4Attacks2.png

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
For special upgrades, yup. Shin sedai. In the psx game, each character has a special forth upgrade. Sasuke mk 2 has this long arm kunai looking attack and it looked like yui used a super long red sword.

For sudden impact, i was going with a theme for the 4. All 4 have roughly the exact same b moves. B is a charagble projectile. Forward b is an arc attack and up b is their death/recoveries.

Had no space for the magics.
View attachment 292688
I see. Thanks.. I've not completed Sedai before.
We can use Smash attacks for Sudden Impact.. like for every hit Goemon will briefly go Saiyan which gives him more power.
I'd also love to to use Ebisu's concrete megaphone.
Btw, I think you made a typo in Sasuke's move list. You said the kunai goes vertical!

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I see. Thanks.. I've not completed Sedai before.
We can use Smash attacks for Sudden Impact.. like for every hit Goemon will briefly go Saiyan which gives him more power.
I'd also love to to use Ebisu's concrete megaphone.
Btw, I think you made a typo in Sasuke's move list. You said the kunai goes vertical!
Thanks. I will fix some of verbiage. I have only thought of A moves for Goemon, but I could see the megaphone being an A attack. Maybe Forward Smash.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Thanks. I will fix some of verbiage. I have only thought of A moves for Goemon, but I could see the megaphone being an A attack. Maybe Forward Smash.
That could work well :)

So btw, we finally launched our secret project. An ultimate try to might give a push to Goemon chances in Smash. We hope it's either that or konami is planning something already. In any case, the whole point is to bring Goemon back.. Smash, game, series.. etc.. A full return.
Only launched though, the impact might take a while.. well, let's keep our hopes up shall we :)

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
It's hard to believe Ultimate is 2 years old. Hopefully Goemon makes it in before Ultimate turns 3 or 4. I wish.
I hope so. very much. but I have a feeling the Mii costume is the best we will get this time around.
What I really want though is for modders to get a grip on smash and do what they did with Brawl. Start adding in characters. That would be a good thing.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I hope so. very much. but I have a feeling the Mii costume is the best we will get this time around.
What I really want though is for modders to get a grip on smash and do what they did with Brawl. Start adding in characters. That would be a good thing.
It would still be a dream come true for me if modders were to make a Goemon/Ebismaru/Sasuke/Yae Pokemon Trainer type mechanic for the Goemon Gang in a mod. I would faint if I ever saw that. :awesome:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
It's hard to believe Ultimate is 2 years old. Hopefully Goemon makes it in before Ultimate turns 3 or 4. I wish.
Don't lose your hopes yet... I can happily say that our secret project has landed.
Now no guarantees at to what happens afterwards.. but we're hoping for the best.
Stay hopeful and keep fighting for the Edo outlaw.. who knows what 2021 might hold :)

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So what are the chances Sakurai would go with the Pokemon Trainer route and give us the whole Goemon Gang instead of just Goemon himself? I think chances are very low, but it would be the best way to represent Goemon and the whole crew.
Well. I made b movesets for them all based on swapping them out. I might make full a moves later this month.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
So what are the chances Sakurai would go with the Pokemon Trainer route and give us the whole Goemon Gang instead of just Goemon himself? I think chances are very low, but it would be the best way to represent Goemon and the whole crew.
That's how I always looked at how a Goemon entry should be. So in my opinion, that's the only way it should go.
Possibility.. who knows wink.. and why not? it's not difficult at all. They've established the base for such character a long time ago. We're not in 3DS days anymore.. systems are more capable now. The question is, are they willing?
Maybe the Mii costume this time could turn into a playable character, just like Bomberman turned from trophy to Mii.
So maybe this time around only Goemon and the full cast for next Smash.. if ever.
You know, if they include Goemon only, they can always set the rest of the gang on sudden entry.. like Toad, Greninja's doll or Dog Hunt's outlaws.. etc.
like a sudden slash from Yae or a multi kunai throw from Sasuke or a drop from Ebisumaru...
This could be expanded of course. Like each can have many moves.. say Yae fishtail face slap (say like Sheik's), Sasuke's giant bomb drop (they can use any strong bomb already existing in the game), Ebisu's onarabomb (works either like Toad or Wario's).. possibilities = endless, we just need to make Sakurai get convinced. Btw, next year is Goemon's 35th anniversary.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Holy ****! Has it really been almost 35 years since Mr. Goemon came out?! But than again, it's been 23 years since Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon came out and 28 since Legend of the Mystical Ninja. Man I feel old.
Well.. Mr. Goemon and Karakuri Douchuu both were released in 1986.
Though I'm not sure why some (in Japan) prefer counting from Karakuri, despite Mr. Goemon being first and released in the month of Goe.
Maybe it's related to it being a console game or the fact that Karakuri has a set date of July 30th (Mr. Goemon arcade exact release date is unknown).
Btw, not only that.. it's a GOemon year too :)

Top Bottom