• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
A heads up, guys.. and please spread it.
This is mainly about the Starring Goemon and Goemon's Great Adventure CDs. You know the Japanese soundtracks of the two N64 titles. Not sure who want to buy those (most expensive game soundtracks), but, seems there are bootlegged versions of them, and they're not cheap either.
The originals are between $800 to $1600. The knockoffs are $150 to $180. You'd think with that price you'd be getting an original, but no. they're not worth more than 10 bucks. So take care.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
A heads up, guys.. and please spread it.
This is mainly about the Starring Goemon and Goemon's Great Adventure CDs. You know the Japanese soundtracks of the two N64 titles. Not sure who want to buy those (most expensive game soundtracks), but, seems there are bootlegged versions of them, and they're not cheap either.
The originals are between $800 to $1600. The knockoffs are $150 to $180. You'd think with that price you'd be getting an original, but no. they're not worth more than 10 bucks. So take care.
I saw something about that. What is the quality like? Really bad?

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I saw something about that. What is the quality like? Really bad?
I posted about Starring Goemon here before.. I think.
The Starring Goemon has the better overall quality. Adventure is the more noticeable. Both though have that dimmed colors, cheap print look.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...s_next_game_is_giving_us_serious_goemon_vibes

This has serious "we'll make our own Goemon" vibes. Never knew that Ebisu worked on goddamn Batman Returns though, that's cool.
I'm real excited for Good Feel's upcoming title guys. I mean, we might be getting a spiritual successor series to the Ganbare Goemon franchise which makes me giddy since it's being produced by the legend himself Etsunobu Ebisu the Ganbare Goemon creator himself.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Great News :)
On October 5th Konami registered/trademarked "Ganbare Goemon".

Way back when Konami made a similar registry, they registered only "Goemon". This time, it's the whole name. So this does imply that it's a whole game related, not just the character. However, collection, new game, merch.. etc. we can't tell. Nevertheless, great news indeed and something bright for our beloved hero 35th anniversary :)

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
GOEMON Ts SPOTTED ON AMAZON
Description says they're official.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
GOEMON Ts SPOTTED ON AMAZON
Description says they're official.
but only in japan.
and they dont ship worldwide.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
but only in japan.
and they dont ship worldwide.
So far that what appears the case to be. You'll have to find a way around it.
Most importantly though, the amount of designs and timing. There's a lot to unpack here. First, according to amazon they seem official, but I didn't come across any sort of advertisement in relation! Could that list be an early discovery? If so, why we're able to purchase now? Were they meant for Goemon's anniversary or just some retro Konami merch? I myself am not sure at all.
I don't mind it of course, but I really want to know more about this. the description even mention the merch as "Ganbare Goemon" in Japanese and "Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon" in English, which's odd and cool at the same time.
Was this after or before the recent registry of Ganbare Goemon? If you recall, the older one that registered the name "Goemon" was meant for all sort of merch. Well, if this means more for Goemon, am all in.

Also :) (check the guitarist, he's supposed to be Ebisumaru, haha)

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Hey guys, I just bought the costume cause I think I got exactly 75 cents from buying the AVGN game lol... are there any moves that make sense for the character? I like to be as accurate as possible.
Awesome! For moves,
shuriken of light. Good stand in for ryo throw.
I used gale stab.
Classic heros spin
And power thrust.

But that is what i used.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I just bought the costume cause I think I got exactly 75 cents from buying the AVGN game lol... are there any moves that make sense for the character? I like to be as accurate as possible.
Welcome to the club :)
Other than FREE, I'm guessing that's the cheapest entry fee.. haha.
Well, I honestly haven't been playing Smash for a while now.. I forgot what I set it to.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
On the topic of Konami filing/renewing for the Ganbare Goemon trademark, another third party that did something similar in 2019 was Bandai Namco when they filed trademarks for Mr. Driller, Klonoa, and Splatterhouse. Out of these three, in June 25, 2020 a new (actually a port from the GC version) of Mr. Driller (Mr. Driller Drill Land) was released. Apparently there have been rumblings of a new (or port) of a Klonoa game as well (maybe going into 2021). Trademark renewals themselves may simply be for the sake of retaining ownership of the franchise, however, let's hope this leads to Goemon coming back in 2021.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Dunno if y'all seen this already but, Fangamer putting out the Goemon goodies.
Ah just knew about it, you got there before me, thanks a ton nevertheless.. honestly, all I can say is..
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Man, ain't this a year of Goemon or WHAT? Yes, that feels so good. Here's to a revival and a new game :)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

spicynun

Smash Journeyman

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Yesterday I was thinking how curious that, it would seem that Konami might be showing genuine interest in working hard on the Ganbare Goemon franchise once again, around the same time that in the One Piece manga (throughout most of this year), we've been on the Wano Arc which is heavily inspired by Edo-Japan, AND with one of the main figures (or some actually; namely Oden and Yasuie) portraying certain similarities to the folkloric character of Ishikawa Goemon. 🤔 Talk about coincidences.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yesterday I was thinking how curious that, it would seem that Konami might be showing genuine interest in working hard on the Ganbare Goemon franchise once again, around the same time that in the One Piece manga (throughout most of this year), we've been on the Wano Arc which is heavily inspired by Edo-Japan, AND with one of the main figures (or some actually; namely Oden and Yasuie) portraying certain similarities to the folkloric character of Ishikawa Goemon. 🤔 Talk about coincidences.
That is a coincidence. Ganbare Goemon my favorite gaming franchise and One Piece my favorite manga/anime franchise. :)

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I hope they dont release a new game this year. my budget will die.
Though I doubt it can happen in two months time.. I can't say no to that.
If it ever happen though, two months is not a long wait.. just wait for a budget fill :)
Someone's watching One Piece, someone is a fan and someone shares my exact thoughts, haha.
Yeah, I was hoping the'd take the chance and not miss the Wano arc to introduce Goemon again.. in a new game, a collection and in Smash :)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Someone's watching One Piece, someone is a fan and someone shares my exact thoughts, haha.
Yeah, I was hoping the'd take the chance and not miss the Wano arc to introduce Goemon again.. in a new game, a collection and in Smash :)
The dream. Hopefully in the new Goemon game the antagonist is some dragon/oni type of bad guy like Kaido. That would be cool. Though I feel like Dochuki has already filled the demon antagonist role in the series.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I am biased. I have been toying with a fan goemon idea. I want the next boss to be something silly. My idea was a business man who has taken over Oedo to product test. Just something silly.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Considering how the Ganbare Goemon franchise's main antagonist have been in the past, I'd expect another hot take at western culture (something a-la McGuinness, perhaps even adapted to modern times). Although if they were to take that approach, in order for it to be well received over in the west, they'd have to pull that off with the utmost of care not to fall into too controversial waters. Then again, another good plot could be Sister Bismaru summoning most of past Ganbare Goemon antagonists, and even throw some of the spinoff villains into the mix. 🤔

I got it! The main plot could be that Sister Bismaru plans to broadcast her very own "The Bachelorette" show, and decides to summon some of the past Goemon antagonists to play the roles of her suitors. Only thing is that when they're summoned, they don't do as Sister Bismaru expected and attempt to resume their conquest of Edo-Japan, or the World. The plot would feel somewhat a-kin to a Goemon Generations (like Sonic Generations).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'd rather the "I'll achieve that dumb dream no matter what" type of antagonist :)
So antagonist like General McGuinness and Dancin' and Lilly. I agree.

Considering how the Ganbare Goemon franchise's main antagonist have been in the past, I'd expect another hot take at western culture (something a-la McGuinness, perhaps even adapted to modern times). Although if they were to take that approach, in order for it to be well received over in the west, they'd have to pull that off with the utmost of care not to fall into too controversial waters. Then again, another good plot could be Sister Bismaru summoning most of past Ganbare Goemon antagonists, and even throw some of the spinoff villains into the mix. 🤔

I got it! The main plot could be that Sister Bismaru plans to broadcast her very own "The Bachelorette" show, and decides to summon some of the past Goemon antagonists to play the roles of her suitors. Only thing is that when they're summoned, they don't do as Sister Bismaru expected and attempt to resume their conquest of Edo-Japan, or the World. The plot would feel somewhat a-kin to a Goemon Generations (like Sonic Generations).
That would be a good storyline. But I think Jurokubei will never join Bismaru again after what happened in the ending of Ganbare Goemon 3 where he called Sister Bismaru a pest and kicked her into outer space. I think if we ever see Jurokubei again, he'll be a good guy just like what he said at the end of Ganbare Goemon 3. Jurokubei misjudged his ancestor and now he is going to try to be like Goemon.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I am biased. I have been toying with a fan goemon idea. I want the next boss to be something silly. My idea was a business man who has taken over Oedo to product test. Just something silly.
That's basically what I'm after. the sillier the better.

That's why I want the game made in Japan first then simply get localized. I don't want the plot to have any consideration for the west appeal, it'll ruin the franchise basics. It is what kept it off shore all these years after all. Given also how extra sensitive people are becoming. No careful treading, just do what you have in mind or don't.
So antagonist like General McGuinness and Dancin' and Lilly. I agree.

That would be a good storyline. But I think Jurokubei will never join Bismaru again after what happened in the ending of Ganbare Goemon 3 where he called Sister Bismaru a pest and kicked her into outer space. I think if we ever see Jurokubei again, he'll be a good guy just like what he said at the end of Ganbare Goemon 3. Jurokubei misjudged his ancestor and now he is going to try to be like Goemon.
Yes totally :)
Not outer space, just way far off. Kept her in Edo era and left.
Btw, did you know there was a secret ending? if you collect all the cats you'll get it.. an awesome one (would you like some spoilers?)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yes totally :)
Not outer space, just way far off. Kept her in Edo era and left.
Btw, did you know there was a secret ending? if you collect all the cats you'll get it.. an awesome one (would you like some spoilers?)
We are talking about Ganbare Goemon 3 or Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon? I've seen all the endings including the Fortune Doll ones for those games.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
We are talking about Ganbare Goemon 3 or Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon? I've seen all the endings including the Fortune Doll ones for those games.
Goemon 3. So you know about * . . . . *? Well, the question I always have, why does he look or wear like a certain character? I really want to know why :)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Goemon 3. So you know about * . . . . *? Well, the question I always have, why does he look or wear like a certain character? I really want to know why :)
Bismaru is a transgender nun from the future who is a descendant of Ebismaru. And Jurokubei is from the future as well and is a descendant of Goemon. I already know that.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Bismaru is a nun from the future who is a descendant of Ebismaru. And Jurokubei is from the future as well and is a descendant of Goemon. I already know that.
Nnnope. You've completely missed it if that's what you think I meant. Should I spill it?
Edit: he comes from an even further future :)

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Oh, you're talking about Kabuki Forever who went to Jurokubei's time to kill both him and Goemon. I almost forgot about that. I forgot he was in that game.
Bingo :)
One of my favorite bosses (not this particular form, I mean Kabuki himself). Though I don't think he went to Jurokubei's time, he came from a further future to fight Goemon.. again.
Well my question is, why is he wearing and look like Sasuke? Albeit a Hulk Sasuke. Wish I get Konami to answer that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom