• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Hello my friend sorry its been awhile, iv been ok. I usually hang out on Twitter, but recently its gotten too crazy to want to stay on there so I popped over to Smashboards to see how everyone is doing. How about you my friend how have you been?

Ooooh nice, of course whatever I can help in. Sounds interesting so im down. And hehe you're welcome buddy always here to support!
It's OK, the whole point is you being all well. Smash is always crazy.. but honestly, I'm getting a bit detached of it. As other than Goemon, I'm not sure what they could add to pull me in again... most probably nothing :)
Great, thanks for asking. Sharing everyone's and the whole world experience.
Well then if you don't mind some 16-bit Gs you might find a gem. I suggest going for the experience alone (if you ever), for that, playing on a PC or whatever has an image save will cut short any extra work.. = pure enjoyment :)

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
It's OK, the whole point is you being all well. Smash is always crazy.. but honestly, I'm getting a bit detached of it. As other than Goemon, I'm not sure what they could add to pull me in again... most probably nothing :)
Great, thanks for asking. Sharing everyone's and the whole world experience.
Well then if you don't mind some 16-bit Gs you might find a gem. I suggest going for the experience alone (if you ever), for that, playing on a PC or whatever has an image save will cut short any extra work.. = pure enjoyment :)
Thank You my friend I am, just have to be careful with my stress levels and due to an accident it will start to affect me physically if im not careful.

Personally im hoping for Sora or Ryu Hayabusa. Was hoping we would see a Tekken character, but it seems that ship has sailed. At this point im honestly just excited to see whoever is next. And glad you are doing well my friend. Hmmm sounds interesting iv always wanted to play Mystical Ninja since you introduced me to it. Been patiently waiting for Nintendo to add those games to their virtual library on the Switch or Konami to release a collection on the Switch. Might have to go the PC route like you are suggesting.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Thank You my friend I am, just have to be careful with my stress levels and due to an accident it will start to affect me physically if im not careful.

Personally im hoping for Sora or Ryu Hayabusa. Was hoping we would see a Tekken character, but it seems that ship has sailed. At this point im honestly just excited to see whoever is next. And glad you are doing well my friend. Hmmm sounds interesting iv always wanted to play Mystical Ninja since you introduced me to it. Been patiently waiting for Nintendo to add those games to their virtual library on the Switch or Konami to release a collection on the Switch. Might have to go the PC route like you are suggesting.
Oh! sorry for that. Hope you're all good now. Well then you should add some herb drinks to your diet.. Sage, Anis.. etc.
Oh you should not, you should never wait for those two.. Nintendo or Konami.. never. They might add it, when FFXVIIXVVXII comes out :)
Just pick the translations, get a quick through, see how silly it is (yeah, not your cup of tea, I know) get an idea and that's it.. I'd still say however, my most recommended is the first 64 one "Starring Goemon", but I'm not sure if you have an access to a 64.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
If you get the chance to speak to Sakurai about Goemon in Smash, what would you say?
Convince me/him in the fewest words possible.. you get one chance.

EDIT: Door Closed.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Soon.. very soon :)
Do, you feel that energy in the air! It's the sun rising as the dawn! Oh, how great is it to journey through Japan with your best bud and your friends! Look as a enemy come near us as we slash them to bits! Oh, how great is it to journey through Japan with your best bud and your friends! Watch out as a enemy comes near you! I got your back you got mine! Oh, great is it to journey through Japan with your best bud and your friends!

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
There was a large nintendo leak recently. And a goemon snes prototype was found in there. It is also playable. Was not to different from the final product, but it does exist.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
There was a large nintendo leak recently. And a goemon snes prototype was found in there. It is also playable. Was not to different from the final product, but it does exist.
I hope they find the source codes for Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon and Goemon's Great Adventure in that leak so we could see some crazy beta stuff. I believe there could be a beta model of Jurokubei in those beta files since Bismaru was in Goemon's Great Adventure.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Celebrating our hero's 34th anniversary :)
(Counting from his Karakuri adventure).

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
It's now cel-shaded :)
Also, some posts other than me?

Edit: Thanks drag0nscythe drag0nscythe . I'll keep my next for something better.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
https://www.models-resource.com/nintendo_64/mysticalninjastarringgoemon/
There are 129 models uploaded from the Mystical Ninja Goemon game.
and
https://www.models-resource.com/nintendo_64/goemonsgreatadventure/
48 from Goemons Great Adventure.
Thank you so much for your hard work drag0nscythe drag0nscythe
I have to ask, is there a link to DL all those models at once?

I'd also like to update you guys about our secret project (the one I can't tell what it is.. maybe someday).. it's complete. Though we're waiting for the proper moment to launch it. I might give more details when so.. and I have to stress that you, we, us continuing to ask for Goemon under Sakurai nose is essential to its success. So please, keep doing so in every possible occasion.. it helps, it really does.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So about the hidden unfound NPCs in Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon; where do you guys think they could be? So far the only ones that have been found were in the towns, but I'm thinking they could be in any map in the game.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I'm not sure. There was one video on YT in Japanese showing that.. hmm.. was it not posted here one time?
Could the Japanese guides have a clue on that? or is it total luck find?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm not sure. There was one video on YT in Japanese showing that.. hmm.. was it not posted here one time?
Could the Japanese guides have a clue on that? or is it total luck find?
Like I mentioned before, you have to press all the C buttons and A and B buttons all at once to make the NPCs spawn on the map.

- One is a man and his two dogs next to the lake in Festival Village.

- One is a merchant next to the Folkypoke Village entrance that sells you easter egg items to put in your house like a Festival Temple cat doll, sign, and ribbon enemy doll.

- One is a thief in the shopping district of Zazen Town.

From what I can recall these are the only ones found thus far. It is rumored there are several so there is still more of them out there.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Like I mentioned before, you have to press all the C buttons and A and B buttons all at once to make the NPCs spawn on the map.

- One is a man and his two dogs next to the lake in Festival Village.

- One is a merchant next to the Folkypoke Village entrance that sells you easter egg items to put in your house like a Festival Temple cat doll, sign, and ribbon enemy doll.

- One is a thief in the shopping district of Zazen Town.

From what I can recall these are the only ones found thus far. It is rumored there are several so there is still more of them out there.
20200316_175905.jpg
20200316_175937.jpg

---

On a note, I actually have some of the strategy guides if you want pictures of things. I took pictures of character moves provided in some of the guide books.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
View attachment 281644View attachment 281645

---

On a note, I actually have some of the strategy guides if you want pictures of things. I took pictures of character moves provided in some of the guide books.
I don't see any undiscovered NPCs here. But yeah, I don't see the hidden Festival Village NPCs here. I think the booklet or strategy guide doesn't show where all of them are I guess.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I don't see any undiscovered NPCs here. But yeah, I don't see the hidden Festival Village NPCs here. I think the booklet or strategy guide to show where all of them are I guess.
I will get it out tomorrow. see what other things are mentioned.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
OK, someone really needs to extract Starring Goemon and Great Adventure similar to this video..
Just tell me how and I'll do it.. I want the voices uncompressed so bad.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So drag0nscythe drag0nscythe , how is your Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon rom hack project going along?
Not to good. I am still ripping models though, but coding for the game side has stalled. and the one dude that was making animations disappeared. But I am still ripping the models strong. Need to get back to making models. But darn you TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS!!!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Not to good. I am still ripping models though, but coding for the game side has stalled. and the one dude that was making animations disappeared. But I am still ripping the models strong. Need to get back to making models. But darn you TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS!!!
Well, that sucks to hear the animation dude left. If I had any knowledge of how to code, I would help you tremendously. But a last, I know next to nothing how to code so I can't help.

So what is the plot for your project again? I would like to hear as maybe I could help you in the story/lore department if you need any help that is with that.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Well, that sucks to hear the animation dude left. If I had any knowledge of how to code, I would help you tremendously. But a last, I know next to nothing how to code so I can't help.

So what is the plot for your project again? I would like to hear as maybe I could help you in the story/lore department if you need any help that is with that.
Plot was that a phone company from the future develops a brand new cell phone that holds charge for 15 min and is the size of a brick. They decide to do product testing, but since they have no money to hire, they go back to the past, kidnap everyone and transform ancient oedo into a city scape to test the product. It is up to ebisumaru to save the team and then all take down the phone evil corporation.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Plot was that a phone company from the future develops a brand new cell phone that holds charge for 15 min and is the size of a brick. They decide to do product testing, but since they have no money to hire, they go back to the past, kidnap everyone and transform ancient oedo into a city scape to test the product. It is up to ebisumaru to save the team and then all take down the phone evil corporation.
Weird plot, but it has Goemon written all over it so I love it! Very Goemon like plot.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
SUPER ULTRA NEWS..
Get ready cause it's a lot to handle 😁
1) GOEMON 4 TRANSLATION IS UP
There was a problem fetching the tweet
2) GOEMON 1 CORRECTED TRANSLATION IS UP
Warning: read what's in the tweet about which version to use.
3) GANBARE EBISUMARU TRANSLATION IS UP

Guys, don't forget to thank the translation group, it's the least we can do.
They did an astounding service to the Goemon base and fans of our hero all over.
Welp, it's time to dance, it's time to pass a memory lane and it's time to try the best buddy route :)

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
SUPER ULTRA NEWS..

They did an astounding service to the Goemon base and fans of our hero all over.
Welp, it's time to dance, it's time to pass a memory lane and it's time to try the best buddy route :)
With that, all SNES games should be playable. Lets see.

All 4 NES games are translated and playable.
All 5 SNES games are translated and playable.
2/3 N64 games are translated and playable.
1/4 GB games are translated and playable.

Nice. Goemon went from a set of 3 games playable in english to a set of 12. I really hope they keep going. The DS game and the PS2 games are on my hope list.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
With that, all SNES games should be playable. Lets see.

All 4 NES games are translated and playable.
All 5 SNES games are translated and playable.
2/3 N64 games are translated and playable.
1/4 GB games are translated and playable.

Nice. Goemon went from a set of 3 games playable in english to a set of 12. I really hope they keep going. The DS game and the PS2 games are on my hope list.
We've come a long way, and that was a huge 3 games in one day leap :)
But wait!!.. all 4 NES games!? are you sure?.. where? I think there were 3.. might I have missed one?
Also, I'm looking for the PS games translations as well.. especially the Uchu Kaizukou. It was being worked on but I don't know what happened to that.
The DS game is easy enough and the story is straight forward too..
About the PS2 game.. oh that's a wish. Guys, seriously, how about we put our money where our mouths are and ask Nis to publish it again? I don't think it's Nis now though.. it went to another company.. hmm
Well, let's keep hopeful, and let's certainly keep pushing.. there's some good news on the way too (in about one and half month) wink

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
We've come a long way, and that was a huge 3 games in one day leap :)
But wait!!.. all 4 NES games!? are you sure?.. where? I think there were 3.. might I have missed one?
Also, I'm looking for the PS games translations as well.. especially the Uchu Kaizukou. It was being worked on but I don't know what happened to that.
The DS game is easy enough and the story is straight forward too..
About the PS2 game.. oh that's a wish. Guys, seriously, how about we put our money where our mouths are and ask Nis to publish it again? I don't think it's Nis now though.. it went to another company.. hmm
Well, let's keep hopeful, and let's certainly keep pushing.. there's some good news on the way too (in about one and half month) wink
Goemon 1 and goemon 2 on nes are arcade. I thought they were translated already due to ease. The two rpgs are translated. I do know that

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
SUPER ULTRA NEWS..

FINALLY!!! We got all the Super Famicom games in English now.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Goemon 1 and goemon 2 on nes are arcade. I thought they were translated already due to ease. The two rpgs are translated. I do know that
Now I'm more confused. What do you mean by "arcade"? Mr. Goemon was the only arcade game.
And I'll need to look for that translation. AFAIK, only one RPG was translated.. I could very much be wrong about this though, but that'll be great. I don't mind being wrong about that at all :)

EDIT:
There's an update for Goemon 4..

EDIT2:
drag0nscythe drag0nscythe I was wrong.. and I'm so happy about it :)

Last edited:

Anetaeus

Smash Rookie
OK, someone really needs to extract Starring Goemon and Great Adventure similar to this video..
Just tell me how and I'll do it.. I want the voices uncompressed so bad.
I think those are from that recent Nintendo leak, so ripping similar quality from MNSG probably isn't doable. There is a full, higher quality version of 'I Am Impact' though! From a rare soundtrack CD, I think. It has two extra verses:

There's also a full version of the main theme:

drag0nscythe drag0nscythe Am I the animation guy? Made an account here just to ask. Same username on Models Resource

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I think those are from that recent Nintendo leak, so ripping similar quality from MNSG probably isn't doable. There is a full, higher quality version of 'I Am Impact' though! From a rare soundtrack CD, I think. It has two extra verses:

There's also a full version of the main theme:

drag0nscythe drag0nscythe Am I the animation guy? Made an account here just to ask. Same username on Models Resource

You might be. You the person i chatted with on discord? If so. Yay. Welcome here. I am the dude on models resouce. I am also very very lazy and have terrible people skills. You guys should see what this guy did with animations. It was epic. I wondered where you went. Glad to see you still around. How has it been?

Top Bottom