• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Got Art, Cosplay, music.. whatever.. just post it to them and show that we want Goemon back. It's official, don't miss the chance guys.
Just put anything Goemon... Hurry up!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Got Art, Cosplay, music.. whatever.. just post it to them and show that we want Goemon back. It's official, don't miss the chance guys.
Just put anything Goemon... Hurry up!

drag0nscythe drag0nscythe where you at? We need you to be our champion upon this hour.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
drag0nscythe drag0nscythe where you at? We need you to be our champion upon this hour.
I will post my models. Thanks for the head up.

---

Ok I just dropped all my current goemon art. That includes the smash model we all made up and the N64 models I have been building.
Ok. done. I have nothing else that I made outside what was posted. At this moment, Goemon has the most images. but that will change. Still. good to see. thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
If you know anyone talented or likes Goemon, please let them know.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I will post my models. Thanks for the head up.

---

Ok I just dropped all my current goemon art. That includes the smash model we all made up and the N64 models I have been building.
Ok. done. I have nothing else that I made outside what was posted. At this moment, Goemon has the most images. but that will change. Still. good to see. thanks for bringing it to my attention.
I've seen your art before and I love it. My favorite drawing of yours is the Yae jutsu picture of Yae preparing to summon a jutsu like a Naruto character. You wouldn't mind if I download that so I could use that as a avatar pic on here?

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I've seen your art before and I love it. My favorite drawing of yours is the Yae jutsu picture of Yae preparing to summon a jutsu like a Naruto character. You wouldn't mind if I download that so I could use that as a avatar pic on here?
Go for it.

And

Protein_L.png

New model. Time to move to the General.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Holy **** you're amazing! Hmm... Who else is left? Yo GoeGoe GoeGoe ! Who are the names of Jurokubei's generals or main henchmen?
The 5 Omikuji Brothers ?
1- Daikichi (大吉) = Great blessing
2- Chukichi (中吉) = Middle blessing
3- Shokichi (小吉) = Small blessing
4- Kichi (吉) = Blessing
5- Kyo (凶) = Curse

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The 5 Omikuji Brothers ?
1- Daikichi (大吉) = Great blessing
2- Chukichi (中吉) = Middle blessing
3- Shokichi (小吉) = Small blessing
4- Kichi (吉) = Blessing
5- Kyo (凶) = Curse
Awesome names. I only ever played and finish Ganbare Goemon 3 on the original cartridge in raw Japanese without knowing a word of it. I still greatly enjoy it though being an amazing entry in my all time favorite gaming franchise. I really need to download the game and the English patch on my SNES Mini so I can experience the game much better and 100% percent it.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Won't count much on it, but it seems it was discovered that Amazon France added a placeholder listing for a game from Konami on the Switch. I wish it's a our ninja, but it could be something else.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Won't count much on it, but it seems it was discovered that Amazon France added a placeholder listing for a game from Konami on the Switch. I wish it's a our ninja, but it could be something else.
I wish. It's been way too long since we have had a mainline Goemon game. Even remakes of the Super Famicom games or the N64 games will do for me at this point. I really miss the Goemon gang guys.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I wish. It's been way too long since we have had a mainline Goemon game. Even remakes of the Super Famicom games or the N64 games will do for me at this point. I really miss the Goemon gang guys.
Who doesn't?..
Well, Konami US for a first liked a Goemon related post. Ship to Shore say their vinyl is on the way.. and it might be more than one. So who knows. If all fail, well, I hope the leaked N64 source code does a thing to Goemon.

On another bit, on popular demand, they're reselling those pixel like Goemon stand figures. This time, you don't have to go to the shop yourself but can reserve yours online (deadline June 14th). Take care though, it's random, and each is 500 yen (roughly $5).

Here's the link:
http://indor-store.jp/shopdetail/00...960.2022442827.1590745876-58212882.1583835435

Stay safe and cheerful guys.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I have played and own Goemon's Great Adventure on N64 and loved it. What Konami has done to the franchise is disappointing. Goemon and his pals deserve better than being a simple Gambling Machine. May this franchise return to its glorious golden years.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I have played and own Goemon's Great Adventure on N64 and loved it. What Konami has done to the franchise is disappointing. Goemon and his pals deserve better than being a simple Gambling Machine. May this franchise return to its glorious golden years.
Welcome to the ninja clan. Goemon's Great Adventure is my favorite Goemon game out of the series with Ganbare Goemon 3, 4, and Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon following behind. I would also recommend playing the other N64 Goemon title Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon as it's really good as well. Plus it's a 3D action platformer with dungeons, keys, and bosses similar to Zelda in that retrospect. Basically a Mario 64/OOT Goemon hybrid.

Oh wait Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon came out a year before Ocarina of Time but still it's similar to Zelda.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Welcome to the ninja clan. Goemon's Great Adventure is my favorite Goemon game out of the series with Ganbare Goemon 3, 4, and Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon following behind. I would also recommend playing the other N64 Goemon title Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon as it's really good as well. Plus it's a 3D action platformer with dungeons, keys, and bosses similar to Zelda in that retrospect. Basically a Mario 64/OOT Goemon hybrid.

Oh wait Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon came out a year before Ocarina of Time but still it's similar to Zelda.
I have seen those games yes. Having Goemon in Smash was one that I wanted in the past and would like still to this day. The Goemon series just needs more love from Konami and to be treated as an actual series.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I have seen those games yes. Having Goemon in Smash was one that I wanted in the past and would like still to this day. The Goemon series just needs more love from Konami and to be treated as an actual series.
Well the team that made the Goemon games back in the 90s left Konami in 2005 to go work for Good Feel at Nintendo so perhaps some other team could make the Goemon games.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Well the team that made the Goemon games back in the 90s left Konami in 2005 to go work for Good Feel at Nintendo so perhaps some other team could make the Goemon games.
I did not know that....so the Wario Ware Shake It game was made by previous Goemon game creators....very similar due to them both working on games about thieves.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I did not know that....so the Wario Ware Shake It game was made by previous Goemon game creators....very similar due to them both working on games about thieves.
I believe so. The Ganbare Goemon series creator/producer Etsunobu Ebisu is at Good Feel as well.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Something to point here. Goemon is actually not a ninja, he's a thief. A thief that has some knowledge of ninjitsu. That goes for Ebisumaru and Sasuke too. The only real ninja in the group is Yae. The only time Goemon was referred to as ninja is in the anime. I'm of course talking about the Japanese side of stuff, after all they did call him Mystical Ninja.. (Mega Man, M.Bison & Vega.. oh well). 2 hits.. a ninja and a kid.. Ying, haha!

A pleasant Edit:

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Something to point here. Goemon is actually not a ninja, he's a thief. A thief that has some knowledge of ninjitsu. That goes for Ebisumaru and Sasuke too. The only real ninja in the group is Yae. The only time Goemon was referred to as ninja is in the anime. I'm of course talking about the Japanese side of stuff, after all they did call him Mystical Ninja.. (Mega Man, M.Bison & Vega.. oh well). 2 hits.. a ninja and a kid.. Ying, haha!

A pleasant Edit:
That's one of the reasons why I think Yae is the coolest character out of the Goemon gang. She's my favorite.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
That's one of the reasons why I think Yae is the coolest character out of the Goemon gang. She's my favorite.
I said that to clear things. She's my least. Not that I don't like her or anything, I love them all. But if I to rank them, Yae would be the last one. Opinions.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Whatever happened to that Goemon Vinyl? Did covid stop it?
I'm not sure, it was supposed to be released by April 25th max.. they did not. They were asked and they assured it's coming but no release date was specified.
I'll take that over nothing.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I kid you not guys, I remember seeing a Canadian poster of Goemon's Great Adventure on a Ebay auction. The poster was Goemon in a bath tub with two real baes. Though you only see Goemon's hair sticking out of the water. Man do I wish I bought that when I saw it.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
We're not in sync today.. ha!
That was the ad poster. Honestly, I really hated that ad, because it had absolutely nothing to do with the game.
It always threw me off, and I couldn't get the reason behind that choice.. other than being a total teen bait.
Anyway, you can always make your own poster.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I love 90s advertising. It was always so funny, stupid and obscene.

I've been rewatching Samurai Pizza Cats and can't help but think how much this series makes me think of Goemon. It's set in a similar world that's a parody of medieval Japan where all the characters are robot animals. I even saw the Japanese version has a character named Omitsu and it says in the wiki article that she is very likely a reference to Omitsu from Goemon.

I love Goemon and SPC so much.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I love 90s advertising. It was always so funny, stupid and obscene.

I've been rewatching Samurai Pizza Cats and can't help but think how much this series makes me think of Goemon. It's set in a similar world that's a parody of medieval Japan where all the characters are robot animals. I even saw the Japanese version has a character named Omitsu and it says in the wiki article that she is very likely a reference to Omitsu from Goemon.

I love Goemon and SPC so much.
There really should have been a crossover between the Ganbare Goemon and Samurai Pizza Cat franchises. It's never too late to say never. ;)

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I want Goemon crossed over with many franchises and series.. starting with Smash :)

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I'll pass with that, I'm honestly more interested in the SPC crossover.

Even aesthetically they just remind me of each other in so many ways, the way that backgrounds are painted in SPC reminds me of the colors they use in the areas of Legend of the Mystical Ninja. The music and character design are highly reminiscent as well.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
That's actually a great choice.

Edit: On a condition that his assistant come along.
For a good chance of trophy fail.. but with high opponent damage :)

Edit2:
GREAT NEWS!
Goemon 4 is back on translation track. The dudes are finally feeling strong enough to continue their work.. HURRRAH!

Edit3:
Something from Goemon's pixel artist :)
Take a deep look, there are other than the gang refrences. (Can you guess them all?)
EaOxCBuVAAErTn-.jpg

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
GREAT NEWS!
Goemon 4 is back on translation track. The dudes are finally feeling strong enough to continue their work.. HURRRAH!
YIPPEE!!!

Something from Goemon's pixel artist :)
Take a deep look, there are other than the gang refrences. (Can you guess them all?)
View attachment 274462
The references I can spot are one of McGuinness' bunny soldiers and the tiger summoning power up from Legend of the Mystical Ninja.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
The references I can spot are one of McGuinness' bunny soldiers and the tiger summoning power up from Legend of the Mystical Ninja.
Oh come on. The face boss from Goemon 1, variety of protective gear.. I'll say the rest are about generic.. there were lantern enemies though.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Oh come on. The face boss from Goemon 1, variety of protective gear.. I'll say the rest are about generic.. there were lantern enemies though.
Are you talking about Goemon 1 on the Famicom or Mr. Goemon? Because if so, I never played those games.

Edit: Are you talking about the sumo mask boss from LOTMN?

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Are you talking about Goemon 1 on the Famicom or Mr. Goemon? Because if so, I never played those games.

Edit: Are you talking about the sumo mask boss from LOTMN?
I forgot the name but I'm sure that's not a sumo mask.. but yeah, that's one :)
The protective gears been in almost every game since Goemon 1.

Top Bottom