• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Good suggestions. Looks much better. Time to texture the body.
If you're up for more correction.. I've finally think got what he should look like (thanks for the chin tip R RetrogamerMax )
Use it however you want.. also, you can the bangs as texture if the polygons are not helping.

Ju10.png

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
ARMS!.. for real!?
So disappointing. They still want us to buy their ads.. and it's way past ARMS, and it already has a rep.
You know I would if they gave me Goemon.. not what in his closet.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
With us getting a Arms rep It looks like Goemon is back in the race.

ARMS!.. for real!?
So disappointing. They still want us to buy their ads.. and it's way past ARMS, and it already has a rep.
You know I would if they gave me Goemon.. not what in his closet.
If anything this is good for Goemon and other characters who are either a Assist Trophy, Spirit or Mii costume.

Also thanks GoeGoe GoeGoe for posting. I didn't want too double post so I could get in trouble. Thank you.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
With us getting a Arms rep It looks like Goemon is back in the race.

If anything this is good for Goemon and other characters who are either a Assist Trophy, Spirit or Mii costume.

Also thanks GoeGoe GoeGoe for posting. I didn't want too double post so I could get in trouble. Thank you.
You're very much welcome buddy.

I like how you're thinking.. I actually was thinking the same.
Puts Goemon in the race indeed :)
I hope that's what the Goemon patent was for.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Oh great, we still have to keep hearing about that crappy launch title tech demo.

Smash news is boring. Isn't there anything else to talk about?

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Oh great, we still have to keep hearing about that crappy launch title tech demo.

Believe me if there was any news of a new Goemon game coming out I would be here in this thread all day talking about it and all the possible ideas and scenarios they could make up for it.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord

Yeah.. what's going on with the world right now.. ha! (but seriously, no. I had my fill)
What tech demo? ARMS's?..
Well the news were great.. until they over saturated the game.
What news, the pixel mascots are sold out, the full set costs about $100 now (yeah for those 6 tiny pieces of "clear" plastic). Could probably get a used 3D printer and do those myself. Getting any hints yet, Konami darling?

What else? Nintendo apparently had leakers nightmares they stealth bombed their Direct. Really, that was surprising.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

ARMS is nothing more than a boring tech demo with cool character designs. The gameplay is so mediocre that I was thinking it would be forgotten much like the other peripheral games Nintendo's made over the years (Battleclash/Metal Combat comes to mind, that franchise had a cool world and characters, but they never did anything more with it since it was a game that needed the Super Scope).

Honestly I am far beyond done with Smash. They could reveal Earthworm Jim and Goemon tomorrow and I still wouldn't give a hot ****. The part of my brain that gave a crap about Smash has been burned to the ground with no survivors.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
ARMS is nothing more than a boring tech demo with cool character designs. The gameplay is so mediocre that I was thinking it would be forgotten much like the other peripheral games Nintendo's made over the years (Battleclash/Metal Combat comes to mind, that franchise had a cool world and characters, but they never did anything more with it since it was a game that needed the Super Scope).

Honestly I am far beyond done with Smash. They could reveal Earthworm Jim and Goemon tomorrow and I still wouldn't give a hot ****. The part of my brain that gave a crap about Smash has been burned to the ground with no survivors.
Can't say you're wrong..
Agree, I've tried it, tried to like it so much but just couldn't.. as you say, characters were well designed, but its just not good. like that 1, 2 switch game. No, that one was awful.
You know, star fox is a tech demo franchise too..

Nintendo's doing something wrong but I can't put my hand on it.. other than hunting their fans.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Star Fox I don't agree with, yes its initial game was showing off graphics tech but it was still a solid game on top of that. So were Battleclash and Metal Combat although they required the Super Scope.

ARMS is different, it has a cool world and characters but the gameplay is utterly mediocre and lame and doesn't have any real substance to it. It tries to be a party game and a fighting game and doesn't do either of those things well.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Ok, won't call it a tech demo, but a trial series that doesn't know where it's going.
ARMS is bad why? cause just like SF Zero, it's a forced game.. the irony, it's forever bad... both actually.
They forced the pad on Zero and they forced the joycons on ARMS.. these gimmicks, if ever, rarely works well.
Question is, who here never learned? nintendo.. or the consumer.

I don't care.. I just want Goemon back.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So if Goemon get's promoted what should his stage be, what Mii costumes should he come with and what sound tracks should be in his pack?

For stage I would choose either Oedo Town because of it be the most iconic location in the series or Festival Temple mainly the waterfall room since I would find that to be a really cool stage for Smash.

For Mii costumes I would go with Ebisumaru, Sasuke, Yae, Wiseman, Omitsu and Plasma Man.

For sound tracks I would go with this list:

Legend of the Mystical Ninja - Title Theme (Remix)

Oedo Town

It's a Monster!! (Remix)

Dance! Dance! (Remix)

Shikoku Island (Remix)

Headquarters of the Otafu Army (Remix)

Spunky Female Ninja (Remix

Mountain Village Iga (Remix)

Kyoto (Remix)

Tengu Mountains (Remix)

Ohedojyo Castle (Remix)

Road to the Flying Castle (Remix)

All's Well That Ends Well

Opening Theme

I am Impact!

I am Impact! (Remix)

Oedo Town Beginning

Plasma Man theme

Kai Highway

Transformed Oedo Castle

The King Robot Congo (Remix)

Giant Robot Boss Theme (Remix)

Yamato

Ghost Toys Castle (Remix)

The Surrender Robot Dharumanyo (Remix)

Festival Temple (Remix)

Gourmet Submarine Castle (Remix)

Kihachi Theme

Gorgeous Musical Castle Part 1 & 2 (Remix)

Sogen Town

Credits Theme

Opening Theme

Gashadokuro/Mini Boss Theme (Remix)

Edo Castle

Boss Battle Theme (Remix)

Wiseman's Theme

Giant Robot Boss Battle Theme

Bismaru's Escape Theme (Remix)

Frog Mountain (Remix)

Ryugu Castle

Ryugu Castle (Remix)

Majin Castle (Remix)

Kaiware Road

Underworld Castle

Underworld Castle (Remix)

Wind Castle Wall

Floating World Town (Remix

Fight Against Death (Remix)

I'm not as familiar with the Japanese exclusive games' tracks so I just listed the western release games' tracks on here.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
R RetrogamerMax
Why ask when you left nothing? :)
I'd pick Jyorokube and Plasma for a costume, as my plan is to have them all playable.
Music wise.. put it all. Basically Starring and Adventure had the best tracks. A few picks from here and there would make a great mix. DS and PS games had a few great ones too.

EDIT: Btw, who runs Goemon.Net? He's doing a very fine job.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I suggest you make some picks from the DS and PS games (The PS space one), you'll find something new there.
Also, would Shin alts be cool?

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
What's Shin? Plus I plan to play the PS1 games and DS game someday when I ever get the chance.
Shin Jidai.. The New Generation.. Goemon, Ebisu, Yui and Sasuke MKII.. with an Gundam like Impact.
Someday, means about never.. haha. Here..
Some been better mixed than Starring

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Yup. there was an image there I could use. but I hate texture work. especially when it is complicated. Slow and steady. the model is built. just need to get that texture going.
I did mean the images. His front, back and face close up.
Well, best of luck completing that model.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
No wonder I didn't know what you were talking about drag0nscythe drag0nscythe
When I posted that image wasn't there.
Well, not a bad model but, I'm really not keen about the face.. especially the eyes.
His are more slim than rounded open.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
No wonder I didn't know what you were talking about drag0nscythe drag0nscythe
When I posted that image wasn't there.
Well, not a bad model but, I'm really not keen about the face.. especially the eyes.
His are more slim than rounded open.
For reference again here is Jurokubei's sprite sheet:

Everything is looking good on drag0nscythe drag0nscythe 's model the only two things I would say needs improvement on the body is as you said the eyes and his hair and side burns connecting close to his face. The eyes could be slimer though.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
For reference again here is Jurokubei's sprite sheet:

Everything is looking good on drag0nscythe drag0nscythe 's model the only two things I would say needs improvement on the body is as you said the eyes and his hair and side burns connecting close to his face. The eyes could be slimer though.
1585605886610.png

Yeah. can continue tweaking.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
So what weighs more to you guys, Goemon in Smash or a new Goemon game?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So what weighs more to you guys, Goemon in Smash or a new Goemon game?
Goemon in Smash for all the recognition and attention the franchise would get. For years I've been wanting more and more people to know about the Ganbare Goemon series to experience and fall in love with it. Goemon getting into the Smash roster would finally give the franchise the recognition it deserves outside of Japan.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I can incorporate him. Nothing stopping us.

View attachment 267746View attachment 267747View attachment 267748View attachment 267749

Goemon in smash. More name recognition means more products.
Hey, not bad.. I think you got the model covered good.
Though I think he needs more long red sideburns to cover his real sideburns, I don't think they show in his design.
Also I'm still with a more slanty eyes :)
Goemon in Smash for all the recognition and attention the franchise would get. For years I've been wanting more and more people to know about the Ganbare Goemon series to experience and fall in love with it. Goemon getting into the Smash roster would finally give the franchise the recognition it deserves outside of Japan.
I guess our aim is the same.. more recognition. Why? same core reason, to have a new game :)

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Hey, not bad.. I think you got the model covered good.
Though I think he needs more long red sideburns to cover his real sideburns, I don't think they show in his design.
Also I'm still with a more slanty eyes :)

I guess our aim is the same.. more recognition. Why? same core reason, to have a new game :)
Yeah. I might go back to it. I think it is mostly done. Time to plan a new model I think. Any suggestions? If not, I might make another Yae model.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord

Edit: Wouldn't it be a billion times better joke if it was Goemon rather than Crash?

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Wooah! This is cool!
How? when? by who?
It looks great. Though Bismaru's eyes and the BG sky needs revision. But man, this brings some life back to the series.
Personally, I would've picked Starring. I think there was an HD project of it.. not sure what happened to that.
So, is this releasing or something? Dolphin?

Top Bottom