• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
If you mean the mascots.. my guess would be ebay (if ever). Let's wait and see.. for now, no way unless you walk into that shop
As for the vinyls. expect something soon, hopefully withing 2 weeks. Also, they've hinted the vinyls might not stop at the first game. Let's hope they don't.
I want both. so, time to wait for vinlys.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Any anime fans here? One Piece specifically?..
care for a tiny "anime not manga" spoiler?

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I kind of think Oden resembles Goemon more than the guy on the top picture whoever that is.
True and might, but I said anime and he hasn't shown completely (at least to where I'm at).
That's Kumagoru btw. If you know where he appears at.. you're a sharp one :)

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
I remember watching a video RogersBase made comparing the parallels Oden has with Goemon. Fair warning though, if you're not up-to-date with the manga, hold up until then. G. Oda went deep with this chad.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
https://mobile.twitter.com/JackCont...-children-see-op-for-details.446378/page-2552

So it appears Sony is trying to buy out the Metal Gear, Castlevania, and Contra IPs from Konami. What does this mean for our boi and the Goemon franchise if Konami sells that out to Sony or another company too? I hope Nintendo buys the Goemon IP from Konami if anybody does. They have Etsunobu Ebisu and the rest of the old Goemon team working at Good Feel at Nintendo so they could lend them to work on the Goemon games again.

Also Goemon would be a lock for Smash in the future along with maybe Ebisumaru, Sasuke, and Yae to boot. :awesome:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
https://mobile.twitter.com/JackControllers/status/1239273686567354368?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1239273686567354368&ref_url=https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-%E2%99%A5%E2%99%AA-return-of-the-starsend-savior-operation-starfall-granting-wishes-for-children-see-op-for-details.446378/page-2552

So it appears Sony is trying to buy out the Metal Gear, Castlevania, and Contra IPs from Konami. What does this mean for our boi and the Goemon franchise if Konami sells that out to Sony or another company too? I hope Nintendo buys the Goemon IP from Konami if anybody does. They have Etsunobu Ebisu and the rest of the old Goemon team working at Good Feel at Nintendo so they could lend them to work on the Goemon games again.

Also Goemon would be a lock for Smash in the future along with maybe Ebisumaru, Sasuke, and Yae to boot. :awesome:
No no no.
For starters, this poor attempt beamed from a 4 Chan post. No company in their sane mind would sell an IP, as borrowing is always an option.. and it keeps royalties. Also, personally, I don't want any company touching Goemon except Konami. No one would do him just but Konami. If Nintendo were the holy saviors they would've saved their own.. Mother, Star Fox, Kid Icarus, F-Zero.. and the list goes on. Goemon would drown in their forever waiting list. (Unless he was Goelda, Goerio).

You should also know that there are rumors of Sony handling the development of an upcoming Silent Hill, but not "acquiring" the IP.. simply borrowing. Sony does movie like games, inclined to horror or violence. They don't have the mind set for a Goemon game.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Some game pickups I made over the past few months

http://instagr.am/p/B9u2rOFpgcA/
No no no.
For starters, this poor attempt beamed from a 4 Chan post. No company in their sane mind would sell an IP, as borrowing is always an option.. and it keeps royalties. Also, personally, I don't want any company touching Goemon except Konami. No one would do him just but Konami. If Nintendo were the holy saviors they would've saved their own.. Mother, Star Fox, Kid Icarus, F-Zero.. and the list goes on. Goemon would drown in their forever waiting list. (Unless he was Goelda, Goerio).

You should also know that there are rumors of Sony handling the development of an upcoming Silent Hill, but not "acquiring" the IP.. simply borrowing. Sony does movie like games, inclined to horror or violence. They don't have the mind set for a Goemon game.
Totally agreed. Nintendo can't even save their own franchises from obscurity, what makes anyone think they're gonna do it with Konami's franchises?

It's the same with people who think Rare will be "saved" if Nintendo chose to buy them back from Microsoft, and that Nintendo would get them making new Banjo games again. They don't seem to realize this would require all three companies to want to go through with this, and even if they did by some miracle, it's no guarantee that new Banjo/Conker/etc. games would get made, or that they would be what fans actually want. Rare doesn't even have several of its key staff remaining that worked on those games (although since they are freelance now, they could come back to work on them anyways), and they easily forget that Rare was always media-shy and unwilling to do sequels even back when they were owned by Nintendo. Some of their games had such protracted development schedules that they completely missed the platforms they were supposed to come out on if they didn't get cancelled completely (like Donkey Kong Racing). Starfox Adventures was supposed to be an N64 game, and Kameo/PD0 were originally Gamecube games.

Smash fans tend to live in this fantasy bubble that all these franchises are seen as profitable and viable by the companies just because they appear in Smash, and that getting in Smash basically guarantees they're going to get new sequels and come back into the limelight after decades of obscurity, and that new games are as easy to make as Sakurai just snapping his fingers and magically making a retro character show up in Smash. They make so many assumptions about game development based on nothing.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Some game pickups I made over the past few months

http://instagr.am/p/B9u2rOFpgcA/

Totally agreed. Nintendo can't even save their own franchises from obscurity, what makes anyone think they're gonna do it with Konami's franchises?

It's the same with people who think Rare will be "saved" if Nintendo chose to buy them back from Microsoft, and that Nintendo would get them making new Banjo games again. They don't seem to realize this would require all three companies to want to go through with this, and even if they did by some miracle, it's no guarantee that new Banjo/Conker/etc. games would get made, or that they would be what fans actually want. Rare doesn't even have several of its key staff remaining that worked on those games (although since they are freelance now, they could come back to work on them anyways), and they easily forget that Rare was always media-shy and unwilling to do sequels even back when they were owned by Nintendo. Some of their games had such protracted development schedules that they completely missed the platforms they were supposed to come out on if they didn't get cancelled completely (like Donkey Kong Racing). Starfox Adventures was supposed to be an N64 game, and Kameo/PD0 were originally Gamecube games.

Smash fans tend to live in this fantasy bubble that all these franchises are seen as profitable and viable by the companies just because they appear in Smash, and that getting in Smash basically guarantees they're going to get new sequels and come back into the limelight after decades of obscurity, and that new games are as easy to make as Sakurai just snapping his fingers and magically making a retro character show up in Smash. They make so many assumptions about game development based on nothing.
I'll say though.. as it's a reason why we're trying for Goemon in Smash..
It's a beacon. There's no denying that being in that spot gives a lot of light and attention.. despite not liking it, look at where Fire Emblem is right now.
This is what I believe the aim of most fans trying to get their obscure characters in.. what I don't like however, is asking for characters that has no need for that shine.. cool to add one or two, but man, more for the rich less for the obscure poor.

Rare, yeah. If fans were asking for Banjo because of Banjo, that's fine. But if their aim was Rare.. well, they were way off with that aim. Dismantled, half on Playtonic and again, Nintendo is not richer than Microsoft and won't spend a dime on it.. they didn't Luigi's 3. Banjo, is having it way better under Microsoft.

It's the same case for Geno.. try telling that to the fans though.
If by a miracle Square "lent" Geno to Smash. This won't bring anything new to the table. I kept saying this, no new RPGs. Nintendo already passed that point and answered with Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi RPG.. the latter went as far as Nintendo cared too.

In Goemon's case, he only need that western introduction for a revival.. that's it. He's not tangled like most wishes.

Btw, how much was that Rocky & Pocky? always said I want to pick it.. still did not :)
Sparkster is a Smash wish, Shinobi III is the best ever and well.. you got two gems right there. There're reproductions in the market, take care.. unless you don't care.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I'd rather none. And if I to choose, I'd take Sony. They're more capable and closer to Konami's mind set than Nintendo.
Just for starters, we won't even have a speaking crew..

Anyway, Pocky and Rocky arcade is already released by Hamster on Switch if you're interested. SNES expensive, there are other options *wink*

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Anyway, Pocky and Rocky arcade is already released by Hamster on Switch if you're interested. SNES expensive, there are other options *wink*
Is this on Switch Online or is this a Japanese exclusive? Either way, I'm going to try to play it as soon as possible.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Pocky & Rocky is really fun, but also pretty tough. It doesn't pull any punches in its difficulty. This series is an absolute joy and it pains me that scalpers have jacked up the price considerably. I think it should be experienced by more people. Content-wise it almost seems like it could take place in the same universe as many of the Goemon games, as you play as a shrine maiden warding off ghosts and monsters from Japanese folklore, many of whom you'd recognize from Goemon games as well. It gets to the point where you'd almost anticipate seeing Goemon and his friends showing up in the next scene. I think that would make for a fun crossover if Natsume ever revived P&R the way they did with Wild Guns and Ninja Warriors.

At times like this, for really rare games that are hard to find it sure helps owning a SNES Mini. They're really easy to hack and add games on and also useful for creating a facsimile of what it would be like to play it on original hardware. But in my opinion nothing beats playing these games in their original cartridge form on a CRT, the way it was meant to be enjoyed. No emulation issues, no graphics upscaling problems, just the way the games were meant to be played.

Shame we don't live near each other because I'd love to invite you guys over to play.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Is this on Switch Online or is this a Japanese exclusive? Either way, I'm going to try to play it as soon as possible.
No, it's on eshop.. US eshop too. (it took its time to get out of the JP eshop)
Pocky & Rocky is really fun, but also pretty tough. It doesn't pull any punches in its difficulty. This series is an absolute joy and it pains me that scalpers have jacked up the price considerably. I think it should be experienced by more people. Content-wise it almost seems like it could take place in the same universe as many of the Goemon games, as you play as a shrine maiden warding off ghosts and monsters from Japanese folklore, many of whom you'd recognize from Goemon games as well. It gets to the point where you'd almost anticipate seeing Goemon and his friends showing up in the next scene. I think that would make for a fun crossover if Natsume ever revived P&R the way they did with Wild Guns and Ninja Warriors.

At times like this, for really rare games that are hard to find it sure helps owning a SNES Mini. They're really easy to hack and add games on and also useful for creating a facsimile of what it would be like to play it on original hardware. But in my opinion nothing beats playing these games in their original cartridge form on a CRT, the way it was meant to be enjoyed. No emulation issues, no graphics upscaling problems, just the way the games were meant to be played.

Shame we don't live near each other because I'd love to invite you guys over to play.
If you have enough mula you can spend it on an Analogue Super Nt.
You're looking at $250 here... I think.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Impact Song models. He looks really weird.
Actually I find it cool, but I always thought it had one big mistake.. the head, almost the entirety of it.
The afro/russian hat is supposed to be a room. Also did he need a bite when his mouth is always wide open, an entrance and a laser beam canon?
The double eye pegs are for what? those where the seats are supposed to be. that area is the cockpit.
Well, good for the 64 days.. the rest is perfect.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Actually I find it cool, but I always thought it had one big mistake.. the head, almost the entirety of it.
The afro/russian hat is supposed to be a room. Also did he need a bite when his mouth is always wide open, an entrance and a laser beam canon?
The double eye pegs are for what? those where the seats are supposed to be. that area is the cockpit.
Well, good for the 64 days.. the rest is perfect.
Exactly! Where is the cockpit? It all just looks like gears and you can't exactly pinpoint where the cockpit is at all. Even though you really can't see the cockpit in the Impact dash scene, you can see it in the final scene of the game after you defeat Dancin' and Lily in outer space and before the credits:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Exactly! Where is the cockpit? It all just looks like gears and you can't exactly pinpoint where the cockpit is at all. Even though you really can't see the cockpit in the Impact dash scene, you can see it in the final scene of the game after you defeat Dancin' and Lily in outer space and before the credits:

You've been watching the cockpit way before the end
6.jpg

It's always been right behind the eyes, sandwiched between the afro and the mouth
7bc4ac7a-458e-469e-99b0-6eff9468fa1e.png

and yeah.. maybe like Sonic.. that area between the two eyes might be transparent or it's a screen..
Just.. don't ask :)

Also, thanks for the video.. what a great ending.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You've been watching the cockpit way before the end
View attachment 266262
It's always been right behind the eyes, sandwiched between the afro and the mouth
View attachment 266264
and yeah.. maybe like Sonic.. that area between the two eyes might be transparent or it's a screen..
Just.. don't ask :)

Also, thanks for the video.. what a great ending.
How could I have forgotten. :facepalm:

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
How could I have forgotten. :facepalm:
Don't worry about it.. there's a lot occupying our minds.

on another note.. sorry guys, but so far, seems those pixel figures might be sold out before reaching online outlets.. which by that I mean being sensibly affordable. Let's wait and see though.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's a pipedream of my but boi do I wish Goemon, Ebisumaru, Sasuke, and my bae gal Yae could receive Figma figures. I really want high quality articulate figures of these guys.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
It's a pipedream of my but boi do I wish Goemon, Ebisumaru, Sasuke, and my bae gal Yae could receive Figma figures. I really want high quality articulate figures of these guys.
I do share this dream.. every bit of it. Better than those crumbs of pixels or those ultra expensive tiny figs.
I don't even mind a nendoroid ones too. I don't like those but they fit the size.. and figma are mostly slik/life like figures.. well whatever, just give me an articulated affordable one.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNESmods/comments/f8kmwm/confirmed_goemon_4_english_translation_is_in/

Haven't been here for quite a while -- a lot of interesting thoughts here to explore too...

But I hope that unless I'm being a :079:, the above news might be good to hear for some.
Thank you.
Now as much as I'm interested.. two thoughts
- I hope it's not PC. I want it exact.
- A site and a someone comes to mind.. I still want to punch those two so hard. So hard One Punch Man would think it's brutal.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
1584754678201.png

I seppikumaru am happy the rage gage is at full potential!!

And I need good references for Lord Jurokubei. Wiki images suck.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
View attachment 266572

Good Reference. thank you. This is his head so far. I think it is slightly off. but not sure why.
Still. Will keep trudging along on it.
Not bad, but if you're feeling so here're some note..
- eyes should be more apart (say a pupil each).
- eyebrows should be thicker and less slanted.
- eyes should be a little bit narrower.
- nose a tad bit shorter.
- last, his sideburns should go straight down and also cover some of his face (depending on which model you're going for).

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
drag0nscythe drag0nscythe
I tried but don't seem to get the mouth right... yet
Don't get fooled by how cool this one looks.. it's just that he's like a ninja now.. with a mouth.. ehh.. not yet. Also, I think his eyes should be more slanted. At least this will give you an idea of what I mean. Oh, and I should've raised his bangs.

Maybe just try not to give him a smile.. see how that goes.
Where did you get his mouth anyway?
Ju2.png

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
1584909794840.png

And this is the beta model so far. needs texture work.
1584910166940.png

Good suggestions. Looks much better. Time to texture the body.

Last edited:
Top Bottom