• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Need moves?
Here are pages from the guide books.
Man, thank you so much. Appreciate what you did there :)
Though, my aim was sprites.. something like this

GG-Impact2.png

I'm missing specifically that Impact's lower half (torso and below) and Goemon's tiger.
Been looking through the sprites sites.. no luck so far

Edit: Oh and about the moves, don't worry, I'm about done with that part.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Man, thank you so much. Appreciate what you did there :)
Though, my aim was sprites.. something like this

View attachment 263890

I'm missing specifically that Impact's lower half (torso and below) and Goemon's tiger.
Been looking through the sprites sites.. no luck so far

Edit: Oh and about the moves, don't worry, I'm about done with that part.
http://www.geocities.ws/cyberfenrir/goemon/g2s.html

https://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/legendofthemysticalninja/sheet/11194/
https://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/legendofthemysticalninja/sheet/11193/

Ebisumaru should ride a shark as one of his moves.
https://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/goemon2/
https://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/goemon3/
https://www.spriters-resource.com/playstation/gangoemonpsx/

You could recolor this one maybe
https://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/goemon3/sheet/11362/

GG2 impact.
https://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/goemon2/sheet/11247/
https://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/goemon2/sheet/11229/

GG4
https://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/goemondancer/sheet/11381/

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
drag0nscythe drag0nscythe here is Jurokubei: https://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/goemon3/sheet/33522/

I wonder if Goemon ends up with Omitsu or Yae sometimes. I like to think Goemon ended up with Yae instead of Omitsu. It would kind of explain Jurokubei's good looks if he was related to Yae too.
Cool. I can use the GGA boss as a template. Similar build. Let me see what I can do.
As for Goemon's choice. I am partial to him being with Yae. Just find Omitsu bland. Even the PS2 remake decided to abandon omitsu for Yae.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
drag0nscythe drag0nscythe I was just about to edit my post that I found the tiger move sprite, but thanks regardless :)
However that elusive Impact frontal sprite is nowhere to be found. The one you linked is Dark Impact (from Goemon 3, I think).
The one I posted I think is from Goemon 4, hence the sprite resolution being better. I mocked it up, but I wanted to get the real deal.
Anyway, thanks again.

Edit:
Me too. I strongly ship Goemon x Yae. What about you GoeGoe GoeGoe ?
Well, I don't think Goemon is serious with Yae. This is suggested about everywhere through his media.. manga, anime.. etc.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
drag0nscythe drag0nscythe I was just about to edit my post that I found the tiger move sprite, but thanks regardless :)
However that elusive Impact frontal sprite is nowhere to be found. The one you linked is Dark Impact (from Goemon 3, I think).
The one I posted I think is from Goemon 4, hence the sprite resolution being better. I mocked it up, but I wanted to get the real deal.
Anyway, thanks again.

Edit:

Well, I don't think Goemon is serious with Yae. This is suggested about everywhere through his media.. manga, anime.. etc.
I posted tons of sheets for GG2 and GG4 also. check them if needed.
For GoeXYae, The manga pushed it. Omitsu was flanderized into a mean old bat, similar to the anime but much much worse. Goemon mostly hated Omitsu in the manga and mainly just lusted after Yae.

The PS2 goemon game put Yae and Goemon together. Other then that, it is mainly just shallow bits of Goemon with Omitsu. I think they said officially that they were not a couple still. Goemon being to scared to ask Omitsu out or something like that.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
To be honest, I want Yae in Smash Bros. as a playable character just as much if not more than Goemon. I want Goemon first because I know Yae, Sasuke, and Ebisumaru are nothing but pipedreams if he doesn't get in first.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I posted tons of sheets for GG2 and GG4 also. check them if needed.
For GoeXYae, The manga pushed it. Omitsu was flanderized into a mean old bat, similar to the anime but much much worse. Goemon mostly hated Omitsu in the manga and mainly just lusted after Yae.

The PS2 goemon game put Yae and Goemon together. Other then that, it is mainly just shallow bits of Goemon with omitsu. I think they said officially that they were not a couple still. Goemon being to cared to ask Omitsu out or something like that.
Apparently I replied faster than your link.. I'll go and check your links

As for Yae, let me check. never knew this was official stuff really... Interesting!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Didn't Yae have a more girly personality in the manga? I never read it myself, but I don't like the sound of that. Yae is more of a bad*** ***kicker in the games and should be represented as one in the manga.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
To be honest, I want Yae in Smash Bros. as a playable character just as much if not more than Goemon. I want Goemon first because I know Yae, Sasuke, and Ebisumaru are nothing but pipedreams if he doesn't get in first.
That's what we're working on, and that's the dream. Not Yae specifically but the whole gang.
I like'em all as much equally (maybe not exactly equal), and I'm sure there are fans of each alone. So why just Goemon when we can have them all.
Been calling for that forever. I don't care if it sounds greedy, cause it will certainly satisfy the Goemon base, and that's what counts.
If in the case we can't get them all.. well, the main protag it is.. which I'm very fine with :)

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Didn't Yae have a more girly personality in the manga? I never read it myself, but I don't like the sound of that. Yae is more of a bad*** ***kicker in the games and should be represented as one in the manga.
As far as I went, In the manga, yes. In the games, well.. as you know her.
Edit: But who's not overly comical in the manga.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That's what we're working on, and that's the dream. Not Yae specifically but the whole gang.
I like'em all as much equally (maybe not exactly equal), and I'm sure there are fans of each alone. So why just Goemon when we can have them all.
Been calling for that forever. I don't care if it sounds greedy, cause it will certainly satisfy the Goemon base, and that's what counts.
If in the case we can't get them all.. well, the main protag it is.. which I'm very fine with :)
Honestly, a Pokemon Trainer type Goemon Gang character swap would be the perfect scenario for us. I think it's the only way we can get all 4 members and it would kind of be the best way to represent them. It's how you play them in the games so why Smash shouldn't be any different.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Yae was a damsel in the manga. Not the cool head like in the anime or the games. She did have smart ideas, but her role in the manga was for Goemon to lust over her and for her to need saving. The manga did not do to well for the Goe teams characterization. Ebisumaru was 100% gay for goemon and incompetent. Sasuke was the series butt, where all jokes were played on him. Yae was the damsel. Goemon was a more lustful version of his game counterpart and Omitsu was a *****. Manga did some fun things with the story, but took many liberties with the characters.

Pull from the entire series. Future and PS2 also. When I came up with Goemons moveset in the OP post, I pulled from the PS2 game heavily for smash attacks.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Honestly, a Pokemon Trainer type Goemon Gang character swap would be the perfect scenario for us. I think it's the only way we can get all 4 members and it would kind of be the best way to represent them. It's how you play them in the games so why Smash shouldn't be any different.
That's basically my idea. I told it to drag0nscythe drag0nscythe way back when I first came to this forum.
I saw how many Goemon fans struggled with only Goemon. Plenty they wanted, plenty the lore had offered.. the solution was always, why not all 4 then :)

Pull from the entire series. Future and PS2 also. When I came up with Goemons moveset in the OP post, I pulled from the PS2 game heavily for smash attacks.
Way ahead of ya.
But are we talking sprites or moves? cause the moves pretty much been stable, nothing new.
or did I miss something?

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
That's basically my idea. I told it to drag0nscythe drag0nscythe way back when I first came to this forum.
I saw how many Goemon fans struggled with only Goemon. Plenty they wanted, plenty the lore had offered.. the solution was always, why not all 4 then :)

Way ahead of ya.
But are we talking sprites or moves? cause the moves pretty much been stable, nothing new.
or did I miss something?
Moves. Cant wait to see what you come up with. I will make some 3D models once I get some time. I need to rerip the GGA boss dude since his model is perfect for the tall villains the series has.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Moves. Cant wait to see what you come up with. I will make some 3D models once I get some time. I need to rerip the GGA boss dude since his model is perfect for the tall villains the series has.
I can't promise that.. but, let's wait and see :)

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Ok guys, I don't know about you but..
Everyone's been pointing to silly answers, but I believe only Goemon fans can get this pic of the day hint..

ER1MPbsUcAAn2YJ.jpg

Do I even need to post what it refers to? :)
(+hope gained)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Ok guys, I don't know about you but..
Everyone's been pointing to silly answers, but I believe only Goemon fans can get this pic of the day hint..

View attachment 264038

Do I even need to post what it refers to? :)
(+hope gained)
Ebismaru riding on a shark chasing after Goemon in one of the level cleared scenes in Legend of the Mystical Ninja.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Poll time..
Let's make sure Goemon reach a noticeable place :)
https://sourcegaming.info/2020/02/16/mega-smash-poll-2020/
Spread it to any Goemon fan too

Edit: Who here asked about Yae's braid style? I think it was R RetrogamerMax
Anyways, you're welcome :)

View attachment 264811
View attachment 264812
View attachment 264813
Yeah it was me. I showed a comparison picture I made with this model and the final one on here awhile back because her in game model still has the braids as her shadow:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Yeah it was me. I showed a comparison picture I made with this model and the final one on here awhile back because her in game model still has the braids as her shadow:
I was going to ask whether this answered your question or not, but I think yours was about her being in the build, am I right?
Well, I tried :)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I was going to ask whether this answered your question or not, but I think yours was about her being in the build, am I right?
Well, I tried :)
Yep, you're right. I was asking drag0nscythe drag0nscythe if they could dig through the game's code to see if that ponytail model was still in it since I know nothing about coding.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Yep, you're right. I was asking drag0nscythe drag0nscythe if they could dig through the game's code to see if that ponytail model was still in it since I know nothing about coding.
Not able to rip the code. Not that talented. But i could make it. I am making my way to the gga boss at the moment. Since my old model is corrupt. I kind of like braided look.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Not able to rip the code. Not that talented. But i could make it.
It's fine I just ask if it was possible for you.

I am making my way to the gga boss at the moment.
Which boss? Is it a boss in the game or your own custom boss you're making for the GGA engine?

Since my old model is corrupt. I kind of like braided look.
Me too. I kind of wish they kept it in the final build of the game at least as a alternate costume for Yae.

I have this weird idea that literally just popped into my head while writing this: I Imagine Yae changing her hair to braids during a mission to get some important item like a Entry Pass or something to progress through the game. I could see a old perv that wants to see her wearing a bo peep like costume with her braids in a play. Yae does it anyway just so the gang can get the Entry Pass or said item to progress.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Okay, maybe you can guys can help me. In Legend of the Mystical Ninja, every time you enter a minigame house, there's this pink haired girl on-screen.

Did this character ever have a name? All I know her is as 'the host of the minigame house in Mystical Ninja', and she seems like a specific design that you might see in a different Konami game because of the horns, but I don't know if she's a Konami cameo or an original character. If she has a name, I don't even know what it is. But I think she was my first ever video game crush.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
So this will be sold in a limited shop in Japan..
You might not be able to get them, but at least we know Goemon's still punchin there :)

akiba573_se03.jpg

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Did you the name of the shop in Japan that will sell these and happen to know where it is in Japan?
Shop: The Akihabara Container
Place: Akihabara
Online shop: Indor Store
Those will be sold on 11th till 23rd, then they'll move to their online shop on the 24th.. I'm guessing what's left.
What are they? Erasers?
Still not sure yet. All it say is 8mm (thick) pixel mascot. I suppose they're like the Mega Man ones.
Also I'm guessing they're small, 3cm (1 inch) tall.. something like that. Cause they're capsule toys.
Each is around $5.00 and are based on Goemon 3 sprites.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Turns out those are transparent acrylic pieces. Where the pixel art is printed on the back and it shows from the other side.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Just keep me posted on when they go online. I want to buy them if i can.
I'm taking it you mean by "online", shops.. what region?
Also, pic.
(not mine), it's of the display in the shop

ES1ZAoZUYAA7F0n.jpg

Edit:
You might not be able to get these but..
Prepare your money for some affordable, ship-able Goemon goodies.. the vinyls are on their way :)

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I'm taking it you mean by "online", shops.. what region?
Also, pic.
(not mine), it's of the display in the shop

View attachment 265441

Edit:
You might not be able to get these but..
Prepare your money for some affordable, ship-able Goemon goodies.. the vinyls are on their way :)
My wallet is ready. Any online store that sells them affordable, sign me up. I am USA.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
My wallet is ready. Any online store that sells them affordable, sign me up. I am USA.
If you mean the mascots.. my guess would be ebay (if ever). Let's wait and see.. for now, no way unless you walk into that shop
As for the vinyls. expect something soon, hopefully withing 2 weeks. Also, they've hinted the vinyls might not stop at the first game. Let's hope they don't.

Top Bottom