• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, in other, semi-related news. I've recently begun work on a platformer game I've wanted to make for years, with the help of some friends.

Goemon is one of the main influences for this game, as I plan to have the protagonist travelling a world map and visiting towns between levels where she can talk to NPCs and buy items.

The protagonist's name is Kasha, and she's a catgirl with a transforming tail. The gist of this game is that Kasha is looking for her mama. But the only lead she has to go on is her logic: "I'm the cutest girl in the world, so that means my mama must be the prettiest woman in the world!" Therefore she goes around the world meeting pretty women and imprinting on them as her new 'mamas'. However, in the meantime, a demon uprising is happening where spirits of demon warriors are possessing the bodies of animals, and they're all after Kasha for some reason.

Here's some videos of my prototype, which are mostly just testing out mechanics and working out bugs and stuff.

https://streamable.com/i6l7l
https://streamable.com/jesiv
https://streamable.com/3ov9l
https://streamable.com/fyr63

In the end the game will have 16-bit style graphics, she only has flat colors in-game because I needed to get the sprites done quickly. Once all the mechanics are in place I'll start giving her the proper color depth, which should look something like this.

View attachment 260070
Kasha kind of reminds me of Suzaka the cat ninja girl demon from Goemon's Great Adventure.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
If they were not so expensive, I would buy them.
We all would, I assure you. It's pretty steep indeed, and some licensing regulations are causing that.. pity.

Edit: Hey, 20 pages.. of Goemon. Who would've thought? :)

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Lets talk about Goemon facts you may not know.
WisemanHouse_GGA_L.png

Did you know there is a giant frog on Wisemans house in Goemon's Great Adventure.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Lets talk about Goemon facts you may not know.
View attachment 260350

Did you know there is a giant frog on Wisemans house in Goemon's Great Adventure.
I don't think I did. Thanks.
Man, you have no idea how much I needed this change of air.. so thanks again :)

That is the exact same frog from Aska's stage in TMNT Tournament Fighters.

And I don't think I knew of this either! Thank you :)

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Does anyone have or know where I can get Goemon game manual scans?
I'm specifically looking for Great Adventure.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I'm assuming you've tried Games Database?
If it's the .org then yes, and I just double checked, it's not available. Thanks for the suggestion though.
I've looked almost everywhere and couldn't find it.

Edit:.. further lightening

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Have you guys ever wondered what Kenzo from GGA looked like without his fan?
KenzoFace.PNG

Its Kenzo. He sells you the chain pipe.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Yes, doesn't he reveal himself in the game?..
That was one bizarre funny moment.
He actually does reveal his... her... their face when you loan them the full amount. I've actually wondered... HOW did Goemon or this person ever got to know each other? (O.O ')
It does reveal it, but it is a quick reveal. Hard to really get a good look.
The dialogue says this is the younger brother of another one of their friends.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I've had good memories playing the Goemon games on the N64 when I was younger, and I'm surprised it's taken me this long, but I can definitely say without question that I would love to see Goemon playable in Smash. In fact, I would have rather had him over Simon (no offense to Castlevania fans) as the new Konami rep if I had a choice. One of the biggest reasons I want Goemon is the music that he would bring. The soundtrack of Goemon's Great Adventure is just fantastic (I've imagined Burning My Soul and Great Palace of the Sea Goddess playing on the Suzaku Castle stage in Smash, and it fits really well despite the stage being from a completely different franchise), and that's only one game in the series, although it's the one I'm most attached to. It makes me sad to see this franchise currently stuck in pachislot hell. I would really love to play a new Goemon game on the Switch. It's too bad that Goemon only got a costume in Ultimate (it should have at least come with a music track like Sans and Cuphead did...), but at least that means he has a higher chance of being playable in the next installment, right? I made sure to buy the costume as well.

Last edited:

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
I still need to play the SNES games + the other ones if I can find 'em. I have fond, vivid memories of only the two N64 ones.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I've had good memories playing the Goemon games on the N64 when I was younger, and I'm surprised it's taken me this long, but I can definitely say without question that I would love to see Goemon playable in Smash. In fact, I would have rather had him over Simon (no offense to Castlevania fans) as the new Konami rep if I had a choice. One of the biggest reasons I want Goemon is the music that he would bring. The soundtrack of Goemon's Great Adventure is just fantastic (I've imagined Burning My Soul and Great Palace of the Sea Goddess playing on the Suzaku Castle stage in Smash, and it fits really well despite the stage being from a completely different franchise), and that's only one game in the series, although it's the one I'm most attached to. It makes me sad to see this franchise currently stuck in pachislot hell. I would really love to play a new Goemon game on the Switch. It's too bad that Goemon only got a costume in Ultimate (it should have at least come with a music track like Sans and Cuphead did...), but at least that means he has a higher chance of being playable in the next installment, right? I made sure to buy the costume as well.
Dude! Where have you been all this time!?
Well, we're still fighting for Goemon, and we're not planning to wait for another installment. Stay hopeful.
Also, it's just 20 pages.. if you go through'em quick you might find some pretty good posts that'll show you where's the series at now.. music links too.
If you'd like, you might want to join the support list too. (ask drag0nscythe drag0nscythe )

I still need to play the SNES games + the other ones if I can find 'em. I have fond, vivid memories of only the two N64 ones.
Whichever the game, I hope you have a blast playing through

This post was #777 :)

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I'll be honest I dont really care about Smash anymore. I actually hate Ultimate, and it really doesnt matter to me anymore if Goemon or any of the other characters I like get in or not. SSBU is a trash game.

The only real reason I come here is to meet the small communities of old games I'm interested in. I love talking about Goemon, Earthworm Jim, Panel de Pon, Spyro, and other classics with interested people. Smash is at least useful for that unifying aspect, as long as the discussion isnt actually related to Smash itself, because that's when everyone gets at each others throats.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I'll be honest I dont really care about Smash anymore. I actually hate Ultimate, and it really doesnt matter to me anymore if Goemon or any of the other characters I like get in or not. SSBU is a trash game.

The only real reason I come here is to meet the small communities of old games I'm interested in. I love talking about Goemon, Earthworm Jim, Panel de Pon, Spyro, and other classics with interested people. Smash is at least useful for that unifying aspect, as long as the discussion isnt actually related to Smash itself, because that's when everyone gets at each others throats.
Wow! Didn't think I'll meet someone who share my exact thoughts here :)

Yeah, I have to say... actually I've been saying this for quite a while, Smash is a mess now. Especially with those in your face ads of DLCs. There's that what you call "too much".. it doesn't feel refined anymore.. the taste is lost or unbalanced. The gameplay is fine, the concept is.. but nepotism in a game is just too much. To me a game is where you escape reality, not to be reminded of it. Thus, why ultimate feels ugly.

I truly want Goemon to be playable, I want him to meet other classic character in this world, I want to feel and play Goemon freely as the others.. and I also aim to revive him too. That's why I'm pushing for it. Not because of Smash, but for Goemon.

But also if you think about it, Smash in itself is actually nothing. What's making this game so popular is not "Smash", it's the popularity of the characters themselves. The works and history that went behind each and everyone by their companies.. this is where I think "Smash" lost its compass. The blame mostly on Nintendo and Sakurai too. Everyone know their choices are awful.. except apparently themselves. (I mean Nintendo choices, not apparent fan choices.. say like Mega Man or Sonic).

PsychoJosh

Ultimate made me realize that I only Smash in concept. I never like it in execution because every game in the series has huge problems that could've easily been avoided and always hold it back.

And the worst part is we don't really get to see these characters interact in interesting ways. Its all wasted potential. Once a character gets revealed, there is a brief honeymoon period where it's like "oh look how beautiful the character / stage looks! Their music remixes sound so good!" And then once the honeymoon period hype dies down no one seems to care anymore, as the newcomer is just absorbed into the game's amoebic biomass. Oh look, Banjo is fighting Mario and Terry Bogard.. except it all seems so lifeless, like they're not even sharing the same world. They dont really say anything to each other or face each other when they do their moves.

Let me put an example: in Capcom fighting games, and other modern fighting games for that matter, they do things to make the characters seem like they inhabit the same game world. Characters' faces track each other and stare at each other whenever they move. They also have things like special intro quotes, and even winquotes, They call each other out, they match facial expressions, they stare at each other's eyes and sometimes even have special interactions.

See, Abigail and Zangief are actually staring at each other in this screenshot, making eye contact. If you move the characters around their heads move around as well to match each other's gaze. They don't ever take their eyes off each other, which is something that helps them seem like they occupy the same world space.

In Smash, however, none of this happens. Characters in Smash just stand around not even acknowledging each other. Their animations and antics are the same regardless of who they do them to, and in fact, when they're not getting hit, they just stand around like this, not even seeming to be aware of each other's existence.

1580824431502.png

I'd love to see the characters do more cool things with each other, like maybe special win dialogue or winposes against certain matchups, make them actually feel like they're part of the same world and not just a blank slate model that just happens to be doing animations to another character. But even in those special screenshots Sakurai makes where the characters are supposedly interacting with each other they still don't seem to occupy the same world space. They just so happen to be doing animations next to each other that kind of, sort of resembles an interaction. Link, for example, he isn't exactly looking like he's about to slash Mario, he just looks like he's doing an attack in that general direction. Mario isn't looking at anything but the ground between Samus's feet. Kirby is just... being Kirby.

1580824628655.png

I mean I have many gripes with Ultimate, but this is among them. I just want some indication that they're doing things in the same world. I get that from Street Fighter V and even the Mortal Kombat games (which I hate) to an extent, but we never get that in Smash.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Ultimate made me realize that I only Smash in concept. I never like it in execution because every game in the series has huge problems that could've easily been avoided and always hold it back.

And the worst part is we don't really get to see these characters interact in interesting ways. Its all wasted potential. Once a character gets revealed, there is a brief honeymoon period where it's like "oh look how beautiful the character / stage looks! Their music remixes sound so good!" And then once the honeymoon period hype dies down no one seems to care anymore, as the newcomer is just absorbed into the game's amoebic biomass. Oh look, Banjo is fighting Mario and Terry Bogard.. except it all seems so lifeless, like they're not even sharing the same world. They dont really say anything to each other or face each other when they do their moves.

Let me put an example: in Capcom fighting games, and other modern fighting games for that matter, they do things to make the characters seem like they inhabit the same game world. Characters' faces track each other and stare at each other whenever they move. They also have things like special intro quotes, and even winquotes, They call each other out, they match facial expressions, they stare at each other's eyes and sometimes even have special interactions.

See, Abigail and Zangief are actually staring at each other in this screenshot, making eye contact. If you move the characters around their heads move around as well to match each other's gaze. They don't ever take their eyes off each other, which is something that helps them seem like they occupy the same world space.

In Smash, however, none of this happens. Characters in Smash just stand around not even acknowledging each other. Their animations and antics are the same regardless of who they do them to, and in fact, when they're not getting hit, they just stand around like this, not even seeming to be aware of each other's existence.

View attachment 261024

I'd love to see the characters do more cool things with each other, like maybe special win dialogue or winposes against certain matchups, make them actually feel like they're part of the same world and not just a blank slate model that just happens to be doing animations to another character. But even in those special screenshots Sakurai makes where the characters are supposedly interacting with each other they still don't seem to occupy the same world space. They just so happen to be doing animations next to each other that kind of, sort of resembles an interaction. Link, for example, he isn't exactly looking like he's about to slash Mario, he just looks like he's doing an attack in that general direction. Mario isn't looking at anything but the ground between Samus's feet. Kirby is just... being Kirby.

View attachment 261026

I mean I have many gripes with Ultimate, but this is among them. I just want some indication that they're doing things in the same world. I get that from Street Fighter V and even the Mortal Kombat games (which I hate) to an extent, but we never get that in Smash.
Mario's looking into the abyss.. the endless void of the universe :)

Seriously though, you hit the nail.. I know what you mean, said it plenty. Unfortunately, what I come to know or believe, is that's just the Nintendo way.. or what I would precisely call it, the Miyamoto way. Nintendo does games perfectly in terms of execution and gameplay, but they just have that emptiness.
The no feelings. The lack of speech or words. For example Zelda games. Perfect, fun to play, great looking.. but once you're done, no attachment whatsoever. Those "eh, uh, oh, aaah.. hiyaa" are not cutting it. You'd think for a company that's been that long in the market will improve (they are, but ever so slightly). If you check their 2nd party games or non-Miyamoto forced influenced games you won't get that.

Back to Smash, not only that, but.. I think from the over does of clones and similar characters (looking at you FE), the game's starting to show a weakness.. lack of uniqueness. The characters are starting to feel like Miis.. a dressed up manikins .

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Welcome aboard the Goemon express my dude. Goemon's Great Adventure is my favorite Goemon game too. Not only is it my favorite Goemon game, but probably my favorite game of all time. I love the music, the levels, characters, bosses, enemies, it's just so damn amazing. Even though I haven't speedrun the game in ages, I'm really good at it and my best time for beating the game was around a hour and forty minutes. I plan to stream or post my speedrun on Youtube or Twitch at some point and I hope to beat the world record for the game someday. The world record is hold by a Japanese player who beat the game at around a hour and twenty five minutes I believe.

Wow! Didn't think I'll meet someone who share my exact thoughts here :)

Yeah, I have to say... actually I've been saying this for quite a while, Smash is a mess now. Especially with those in your face ads of DLCs. There's that what you call "too much".. it doesn't feel refined anymore.. the taste is lost or unbalanced. The gameplay is fine, the concept is.. but nepotism in a game is just too much. To me a game is where you escape reality, not to be reminded of it. Thus, why ultimate feels ugly.

I truly want Goemon to be playable, I want him to meet other classic character in this world, I want to feel and play Goemon freely as the others.. and I also aim to revive him too. That's why I'm pushing for it. Not because of Smash, but for Goemon.

But also if you think about it, Smash in itself is actually nothing. What's making this game so popular is not "Smash", it's the popularity of the characters themselves. The works and history that went behind each and everyone by their companies.. this is where I think "Smash" lost its compass. The blame mostly on Nintendo and Sakurai too. Everyone know their choices are awful.. except apparently themselves. (I mean Nintendo choices, not apparent fan choices.. say like Mega Man or Sonic).
Smash is probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite franchise only behind Ganbare Goemon and perhaps The Legend of Zelda. Goemon is my most wanted character for Smash, but really, the main reason I want him in is so that the Ganbare Goemon series finally get's the recognition it deserves in the west. All I really want is a new Goemon game and it getting big among western players. The main goal here for me is to help revive the Ganbare Goemon franchise because at this point, all I want is another Goemon game even if it's a Japanese exclusive I will import it.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Guys.. it's on its way.. huha :)
They're keeping their word. So prepare some money for some vinyl

Smash is probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite franchise only behind Ganbare Goemon and perhaps The Legend of Zelda. Goemon is my most wanted character for Smash, but really, the main reason I want him in is so that the Ganbare Goemon series finally get's the recognition it deserves in the west. All I really want is a new Goemon game and it getting big among western players. The main goal here for me is to help revive the Ganbare Goemon franchise because at this point, all I want is another Goemon game even if it's a Japanese exclusive I will import it.
My main goal too. Be patient friend, hopefully he'll make his comeback soon.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
1580960451660.png

The Frog did exist on Wisemans house in Mystical Ninja starring Goemon. It looks...... Less cool I would say.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Unrelated, but.. I have to relay this..
- So we know how awful Byleth choice as a DLC was..
- Now, Sakurai admits (in his famitsu column) that there are too many Fire Emblem characters and too many sword fighters.. (like I honestly care, but..)
- He goes on and say "remember, that wasn't my choice but Nintendo's.. I just proceed as is"!

Really!? You didn't have a say.. well darling why did you go to Atlus Studios, praise Persona like it was your choice. Why did you do the same with Terry, Hero, Bayonetta.. oh and wait, every DL FE character too.
I say, Nintendo and Sakurai, respect your fans.. you're really not good at this.

Edit: There're so many sword fighters that one was given Goemon's costume... man, they have something for swords or what?

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Unrelated, but.. I have to relay this..
- So we know how awful Byleth choice as a DLC was..
- Now, Sakurai admits (in his famitsu column) that there are too many Fire Emblem characters and too many sword fighters.. (like I honestly care, but..)
- He goes on and say "remember, that wasn't my choice but Nintendo's.. I just proceed as is"!

Really!? You didn't have a say.. well darling why did you go to Atlus Studios, praise Persona like it was your choice. Why did you do the same with Terry, Hero, Bayonetta.. oh and wait, every DL FE character too.
I say, Nintendo and Sakurai, respect your fans.. you're really not good at this.

Edit: There're so many sword fighters that one was given Goemon's costume... man, they have something for swords or what?
I don't really want to offend or start a argument with anyone on these forums, but honestly Byleth was pure commercialize promotion on Nintendo's part and so was Corrin back in Smash 4's DLC. It's clear as day now that the reason Nintendo really pushed for so many Fire Emblem characters or just Fire Emblem characters as DLC in the past 2 Smash games is because they're trying to push the Fire Emblem franchise to much higher heights especially in the west. Specifically: They want Fire Emblem to be as big as Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon but it never will be no matter how much they push the franchise. The DKC franchise is Nintendo's 4th best selling series and it has only gotten two games in the past decade with those games selling twice or three times as much as any Fire Emblem game. If Kirby it receiving so many games in the past 20 years couldn't keep up with the total sales of the DKC franchise after DKC being mostly irrelevant in that time or stuck in spin off hell after Rare leaving, than Fire Emblem has no chance of surpassing it if Kirby couldn't after those games selling well in such a long period of time couldn't kick DKC out of 4th place.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

I don't think there's a problem with too many sword characters, as long as they use different swordfighting styles. Swords are a very common weapon across all of fiction and it's not a problem to have an abundance of that kind of weapon. No one would complain if there were too many people using blasters or guns.

The problem has always been the fact that there are too many Fire Emblem characters. Not just the fact that they all use swords, but mainly the fact that they all use swords the exact same way. All of them are one-handed longsword users and 2/3 of them are clones. It'd be nice if they used other edged weapons, or represented different games like SoulCalibur, Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry, but no. Six of them are essentially just Marth clones.

But I've commented at length on many of the things holding Smash back and the great culling of the Fire Emblem characters is just one of many things that needs to happen to make this series good.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
R RetrogamerMax
Basically all DLCs are promos.
PsychoJosh PsychoJosh
Not only that, they look about exactly the same.

Its awful to me because I was cheated. I bought the FP according to Reggie's comment that all DLC fighters would be as unique as Joker and from series new to Smash. None of that was true.

Anyway, back to Goemon. According to "some leaks". The first Fighter's Pass was decided around E3, the 2nd has already been decided (we know that), and a 3rd is under negotiations.. that one would probably be 2022. Soo.. we'll continue asking for Goemon, but if that's true then his chance of joining might be at 2022. Unless he's among those next six. Who knows, that could be Konami's plan.. I hope.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

From the perspective of someone who wants more first party characters Byleth is particularly awful because they're not picking newcomers from historic and cult classic franchises like Panel de Pon or Mach Rider. They're just picking trashy FE advertisement vehicles which is a particularly low blow. Honestly, Byleth is indefensible.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hi there Goemon thread!

I'm racking the internet in search of a decent 3d render of Goemon to use for creating an icon for him like the one in my sig, but I'm running into some difficulty. Which is strange, considering I remember they used to be at least a little more prevalent.

Ideally I'd love a clean render from the Pachinko stuff, as that's the most recent (and highest quality) 3d art of him, but if anyone could point me in the direction of something useable, that'd be much appreciated. I'll definitely post the finished product here.

The only one I've found right now is this version:

But the position isn't ideal for my purposes, so it's sort of a last resort scenario.

(nothing from the 64 era please, or 2d. I'm trying to keep it all as semi-believable Smash art)

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
PsychoJosh PsychoJosh
Huh? and I always thought I had my fill of first party. My wish list since ever thinking about it was always 3rd party... if he's to call that game a "celebration".

N3ON N3ON
The Pachinko model IS the latest "complete" 3D model. Otherwise you have the so recent Smash Mii costume. There're actually more later ones than the pachinko, came from mobile games. But not as detailed or exactly the same.
The question is, what angle are you looking for?
Try these for the moment..
goemon_07_1280.jpg

goe2_03_size2.jpg

goe2_09_size2.jpg

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
PsychoJosh PsychoJosh
Huh? and I always thought I had my fill of first party. My wish list since ever thinking about it was always 3rd party... if he's to call that game a "celebration".

N3ON N3ON
The Pachinko model IS the latest "complete" 3D model. Otherwise you have the so recent Smash Mii costume. There're actually more later ones than the pachinko, came from mobile games. But not as detailed or exactly the same.
The question is, what angle are you looking for?
Try these for the moment..
View attachment 261482
View attachment 261483
View attachment 261484
Right, thanks, but I'm looking for just a render of Goemon. In those ads, he's obscured, cut off, under tricky lighting, etc. For example, I know there used to be art solely of Goemon from that middle pic, but it's all quite elusive now. I suppose the last picture is the most workable of the three, but if you could point me just to the render of Goemon, that'd be the best source.

What I'm really after is just a clear, newish pic of Goemon in a stance that he might adopt for hypothetical Smash art. That's basically what I use for my icons. Out of those three, the middle would work the best, were he unobscured (and ideally with a solid/transparent background, but I'll take what I can get).

PsychoJosh

PsychoJosh PsychoJosh
While there are third parties that I want, I really wouldn't mind if for the next game they went back to a first party focus and just added more characters from the existing Nintendo universes. Mona from Warioware would be cool, as well as Funky Kong. But I also want Lip, Takamaru, F-Type, Mach Rider, Andross, and some other underrated characters from other Nintendo games that would be really cool. I have unique gameplay concepts for each of them and I think they could be a really fun cast.

Everyone keeps fantasizing about third party pipe dream characters but just focusing on what Nintendo has by themselves, they have plenty to make a great and varied fighting game on their own. Not just that but the third party wishlists are getting kind of ridiculous since people are starting to ask for characters that have absolutely no association with Nintendo. Even I'm guilty of doing that, since Master Chief and Spyro the Dragon are a couple of my most wanted characters, but truthfully, they have next to no common association with Nintendo. I can understand Castlevania, Goemon, Street Fighter, Megaman and even Sonic getting characters because they're all very commonly associated with retro Nintendo. But Joker? Terry Bogard? Dante? What the hell do they have to do with anything? Third party wishlists are getting way too extreme and self-indulgent, it's like Nintendo gave the kids a little bit of candy and suddenly they want to eat the whole candy store.

I really wouldn't mind Nintendo dialling it back and focusing on their own franchises for a while.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Right, thanks, but I'm looking for just a render of Goemon. In those ads, he's obscured, cut off, under tricky lighting, etc. For example, I know there used to be art solely of Goemon from that middle pic, but it's all quite elusive now. I suppose the last picture is the most workable of the three, but if you could point me just to the render of Goemon, that'd be the best source.

What I'm really after is just a clear, newish pic of Goemon in a stance that he might adopt for hypothetical Smash art. That's basically what I use for my icons. Out of those three, the middle would work the best, were he unobscured (and ideally with a solid/transparent background, but I'll take what I can get).
There are no models/renders for the pachinko model.. cause it's a pachinko machine.
There's that middle image complete pose with trnsparent BG, but it's a low res. one.
Sample 2.png

Other than that you'll have to simply clear the BGs using Photoshop or similar programs.
I'll say though, if it's as your sig. icon then why do you need the lower half?
While there are third parties that I want, I really wouldn't mind if for the next game they went back to a first party focus and just added more characters from the existing Nintendo universes. Mona from Warioware would be cool, as well as Funky Kong. But I also want Lip, Takamaru, F-Type, Mach Rider, Andross, and some other underrated characters from other Nintendo games that would be really cool. I have unique gameplay concepts for each of them and I think they could be a really fun cast.

Everyone keeps fantasizing about third party pipe dream characters but just focusing on what Nintendo has by themselves, they have plenty to make a great and varied fighting game on their own. Not just that but the third party wishlists are getting kind of ridiculous since people are starting to ask for characters that have absolutely no association with Nintendo. Even I'm guilty of doing that, since Master Chief and Spyro the Dragon are a couple of my most wanted characters, but truthfully, they have next to no common association with Nintendo. I can understand Castlevania, Goemon, Street Fighter, Megaman and even Sonic getting characters because they're all very commonly associated with retro Nintendo. But Joker? Terry Bogard? Dante? What the hell do they have to do with anything? Third party wishlists are getting way too extreme and self-indulgent, it's like Nintendo gave the kids a little bit of candy and suddenly they want to eat the whole candy store.

I really wouldn't mind Nintendo dialing it back and focusing on their own franchises for a while.
Respects, yet..
Personally, am all for retro, so to me Nintendo have some decent characters but they're not as amazing as the plenty of the 3rd party world. I'm also for 1-2 reps. of each franchise max. Unless they're consolidated like the Pokemon trainer.

The addition of variations of one character to me always showed the weakness of Nintendo's IP variety (example: the many Links). Sonic is a great example of how each character should be represented, whether 1st, 2nd or 3rd. One main (the franch. main hero), one assist (the most beloved after the main) and a stage that includes the other loved characters in the BG. that's all. Fill it with all sort of most top music and a Final Smash that's a signature move OR a compensation like the other great example, Mega Man.

Also, I'm all for cheerful E rated characters. So I'd agree that any requests beyond that do not fall under my taste. that includes Master Chief, Doom Guy, Ryu Hayabusa, Dante.. etc.. I too share the sentiment that the inclusions should share a history with Nintendo, and I'm about sure Nintendo wants that too.. however the ongoing leaks/rumors suggest otherwise. We'll see. (that means no Crash or Spyro for example, or the contrary)

To me Nintendo was Nintendo not because of Nintendo, but because of 3rd parties that came along. In comparison, personally, Nintendo games didn't come close. Since the 64 Smash, it was apparent that they'd hit a wall if they counted on 1st party alone. The more they add from that the duller the game would become. What they're doing now, is basically what they've done in their NES/FC days.. while adding new, never in land Nintendo ones.. like Terry and Joker. If they're aiming for a survival chance, that's what they have to do.

Well, just shows how each and every individual has his/her own idea of how the Smash world should be.

Oddball

Smash Lord

Would any of these work for you?
https://imgur.com/a/wfKQAih

You'll have to do some cleaning up on a few of them.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There are no models/renders for the pachinko model.. cause it's a pachinko machine.
There's that middle image complete pose with trnsparent BG, but it's a low res. one.
View attachment 261485
Other than that you'll have to simply clear the BGs using Photoshop or similar programs.
I'll say though, if it's as your sig. icon then why do you need the lower half?
Well, it'd just be the art made for the pachinko promos, of which I've seen full renders in the past. Thanks though, that pic is a big help!

And fair question. I do only need the top half (or so) for the icon, but I do make other stuff as well, like roster and fighter pass mockups, and it'd just be best to have a full body pic, if at all possible.

Would any of these work for you?
https://imgur.com/a/wfKQAih

You'll have to do some cleaning up on a few of them.
Thanks for the options! Luckily though, I did one last sweep and finally found a new(ish), 3D render.

But I did make two options, just as thanks for the help, if any of you want to use either:
Goemon.png

Goemon2.png

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Well, it'd just be the art made for the pachinko promos, of which I've seen full renders in the past. Thanks though, that pic is a big help!

And fair question. I do only need the top half (or so) for the icon, but I do make other stuff as well, like roster and fighter pass mockups, and it'd just be best to have a full body pic, if at all possible.

Thanks for the options! Luckily though, I did one last sweep and finally found a new(ish), 3D render.

But I did make two options, just as thanks for the help, if any of you want to use either:
View attachment 261624
View attachment 261625
WOW! Those are SO cool.. thank you.
You said you wanted renders but there are art if you'd like, like this beauty..
tumblr_nonemcUXF71syyii1o1_400.png

I think there's a bigger one too.
Also, do you have the skills to clean BGs? if not, I'll search for help :)
One more question, where do you use those cool icons?

Edit:
Good News, Bad News..
The Good News (depending on your wallet capabilities)..
The on the way project (not sure how soon) of those newly sculpted Goemon figures is. . . Impact :)

The Bad News..
Seems the translator's twitter account was deleted!
I get the translator want to be left alone but why the programmer?
What a shame. Now we're even out of updates... (almost forget that I can't swear here)

Last edited:
Top Bottom