• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Translations of Goemon 2 & 3 are out.

YIPPEE!!! After waiting almost a decade that Ganbare Goemon 2 translation comes out not just alone, but with a Ganbare Goemon 3 translation as well. Man my inner fanboy is going crazy right now. :awesome:

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord

YIPPEE!!! After waiting almost a decade that Ganbare Goemon 2 translation comes out not just alone, but with a Ganbare Goemon 3 translation as well. Man my inner fanboy is going crazy right now. :awesome:
It's been a decade since someone used the Bison yes, Ha :)

But I hear ya buddy. I'm still at disbelieve that it actually happened, after all these years. Now, all is left is to make the time for it :)
Some already beaten 2!

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
We're talking the Super Famicom ones, right? Great! Now I just hope someone somewhere posted pre-patched ROMs, because I can't patch anything.
Yes... and sorry, don't know how to do that either. I thought it'd be fairly easy.. I hope I'm not wrong.

and, THIS :)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yes... and sorry, don't know how to do that either. I thought it'd be fairly easy.. I hope I'm not wrong.

and, THIS :)
Well, I've been in the "gray grounds" for more than 15 years now - so got to already try Goemon 2 out a bit myself~

It's truly magnificent - really love how it shows all over on the GUI and formerly japanese sprites or icons.

We're talking the Super Famicom ones, right? Great! Now I just hope someone somewhere posted pre-patched ROMs, because I can't patch anything.
As far as I've experienced it though, patching is quite easy. Sadly I don't wanna get to piracy-related rouble here so I cannot show you way or distribute the pre-patched games.

DM though and I could show you the tools for the job.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
As far as I've experienced it though, patching is quite easy. Sadly I don't wanna get to piracy-related rouble here so I cannot show you way or distribute the pre-patched games.

DM though and I could show you the tools for the job.
Thanks. But I guess the web-wilderness have an answer. If I hit a block I'll know who to call :)

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Thanks. But I guess the web-wilderness have an answer. If I hit a block I'll know who to call :)
And if you want the post patched Roms, send me a message. I have no issues spreading something that is not even sold by Konami anymore.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Thanks drag0nscythe drag0nscythe I'll be keeping that in mind.. but

I'm here for something else and I'm really mad about it..
So some people kept poking the translator over one word (yes, a single word that was an actual translation from the game). They kept on him so hard, now he tweeted an apology and called it quits!!?

Meaning, no 4 and no corrected 1..!!!
God I'm so mad right now.
Please, if anyone knows the guy, talk to him.. please convince him otherwise..
I'm SO freakishly mad :mad::hulk:

Edit: Update: so it seems the site called Reset Era was the cause of all of this. Some hate issue.
Am I allowed to use nsfw words here?.. no.. ok.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
People from Reset Era should be blocked and ignored at every possible opportunity.

They should never be engaged. That whole forum is a hive of scum and villainy.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Thanks drag0nscythe drag0nscythe I'll be keeping that in mind.. but

I'm here for something else and I'm really mad about it..
So some people kept poking the translator over one word (yes, a single word that was an actual translation from the game). They kept on him so hard, now he tweeted an apology and called it quits!!?

Meaning, no 4 and no corrected 1..!!!
God I'm so mad right now.
Please, if anyone knows the guy, talk to him.. please convince him otherwise..
I'm SO freakishly mad :mad::hulk:

Edit: Update: so it seems the site called Reset Era was the cause of all of this. Some hate issue.
Am I allowed to use nsfw words here?.. no.. ok.
Just read that guy's tweet and well... I'm pretty damn worried. :drsad:

It'd be hating to live in a world where SJW-related harassment would cost me an opportunity to finally play one of my most favorite platformers of all time on SNES. That's be just disgusting.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

It'd be hating to live in a world where SJW-related harassment would cost me an opportunity to finally play one of my most favorite platformers of all time on SNES. That's be just disgusting.

It is sadly the current world we live in until twitter is rightfully shut down, like it should have been a long time ago. Serves no purpose other than assassination of character and spreading human misery.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
People from Reset Era should be blocked and ignored at every possible opportunity.

They should never be engaged. That whole forum is a hive of scum and villainy.
Don't know much about them, but I will do so at every possible opportunity.

Worried? how about mad.. but yeah, I'm worried about the guy too.
and it is, puke enticing disgusting..

It is sadly the current world we live in until twitter is rightfully shut down, like it should have been a long time ago. Serves no purpose other than assassination of character and spreading human misery.
Don't blame the tool, blame the user.

PsychoJosh

Don't blame the tool, blame the user.
Well, it's not simply a tool, because it's operated and moderated by people who have repeatedly injected their own biases into their moderation. If something goes against their opinions, they shut it down and deplatform all dissenting opinions, leaving the site to be overrun only by people who agree with them.

It's not the same as a forum like Smashboards where you only get infractions/banned if you break the rules. On twitter you get banned for having wrong opinions and performing "thought crime", and if people band together to harass you for your thoughts the moderators just look the other way. It's an atrocious place.

Anyways, this is getting off topic. Sorry for derailing.

I managed to hack my SNES Mini and patched the appropriate roms. I'll be using my mini exclusively for imports, homebrew and translation hacks. Quite a handy little thing to have, huh?

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
What word? And he called it quit?
That sucks. Restera is cancer.

---

Just looked up the thing. So he translated a word literally, and people got mad. talk about sad. Restera is a cancer. Wish someone would sue them.

---

More research. It was the dude at hardcore gaming 101 that bullied the translator to quit. Dude puts goemon fans to shame.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Worried? how about mad.. but yeah, I'm worried about the guy too.
and it is, puke enticing disgusting..
I'm being a bit mad too. At least it gave me enough energy to do this:

As far as I've checked through the whole "scandal", this is Goemon-games using pretty raunchy/crass humor not too dissimilar to the way iconic cartoon franchises of Golden Age of Animation having their own brand of offensive humor, which used to be censored and removed about, but for better judgment of preserving the history and showing us to not repeat it, being uncut instead.

It's gaining some traction on Twitter too. On that end, I happen to be in close circles with the translator behind Sakura Wars's fan translation from a month back, and they've also expressed their sympathies while asking people to support the translator.

On a bright side, this happened just very recently in a day-ago time - we'd best wait a week or so to see how things have progressed. I hope things are different by then.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I'm being a bit mad too. At least it gave me enough energy to do this:

View attachment 259842

View attachment 259843

As far as I've checked through the whole "scandal", this is Goemon-games using pretty raunchy/crass humor not too dissimilar to the way iconic cartoon franchises of Golden Age of Animation having their own brand of offensive humor, which used to be censored and removed about, but for better judgment of preserving the history and showing us to not repeat it, being uncut instead.

It's gaining some traction on Twitter too. On that end, I happen to be in close circles with the translator behind Sakura Wars's fan translation from a month back, and they've also expressed their sympathies while asking people to support the translator.

On a bright side, this happened just very recently in a day-ago time - we'd best wait a week or so to see how things have progressed. I hope things are different by then.

I could not follow tour post. Sorry.
But support the translator for sure.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Well, it's not simply a tool, because it's operated and moderated by people who have repeatedly injected their own biases into their moderation. If something goes against their opinions, they shut it down and deplatform all dissenting opinions, leaving the site to be overrun only by people who agree with them.

It's not the same as a forum like Smashboards where you only get infractions/banned if you break the rules. On twitter you get banned for having wrong opinions and performing "thought crime", and if people band together to harass you for your thoughts the moderators just look the other way. It's an atrocious place.
Being one in there all about gaming and related stuff, I never felt or came across such thing.
But if that's the case then I see your point, and you get my support on it. Thanks for sharing that.

drag0nscythe drag0nscythe
Was he a Goemon fan? Sorry, I won't accept that even if he was Goemon himself.
Shame brought upon himslef and no one else.

Also, yeah. I don't know the site or the people behind it, but that reset era is dead to me, period.

~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~
Umm, I'm not sure if that helps. But it's a try and that counts.
To be honest, I don't see anything wrong with the Goemon game. Not back then, not now.
An apple is called an apple, and it's called ringo in Japan. That's all to it, nothing more.

Again, guys, if anyone knows the guy or someone that knows him. Please consider asking him to resume his work back.. as faithful to the source as possible.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Being one in there all about gaming and related stuff, I never felt or came across such thing.
But if that's the case then I see your point, and you get my support on it. Thanks for sharing that.

drag0nscythe drag0nscythe
Was he a Goemon fan? Sorry, I won't accept that even if he was Goemon himself.
Shame brought upon himslef and no one else.

Also, yeah. I don't know the site or the people behind it, but that reset era is dead to me, period.

~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~
Umm, I'm not sure if that helps. But it's a try and that counts.
To be honest, I don't see anything wrong with the Goemon game. Not back then, not now.
An apple is called an apple, and it's called ringo in Japan. That's all to it, nothing more.

Again, guys, if anyone knows the guy or someone that knows him. Please consider asking him to resume his work back.. as faithful to the source as possible.
Restera and hg101 are dead to me. I like that the hacking community is turning on hg101. They are pissed at him.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
As far as I've read, Goemon 4 and the Ebisumaru-spinoff game had been fully translated a long while back, just graphical things to go down to get it done by DDSTranslation. I can see the game coming out in the future through them.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

However, the bigger concern is on if this translator will ever be doing new projects again - as far as CJ_Iwakura (behind Sakura Taisen-translation) is concerned, this translator might be having a lot of difficulties with themselves, affecting how they perceive problems like these sprouting at their direction.

I feel this whole thing's become a huge mess, can only hope there can be supportive help for the translator in the future.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
As far as I've read, Goemon 4 and the Ebisumaru-spinoff game had been fully translated a long while back, just graphical things to go down to get it done by DDSTranslation. I can see the game coming out in the future through them.

However, the bigger concern is on if this translator will ever be doing new projects again - as far as CJ_Iwakura (behind Sakura Taisen-translation) is concerned, this translator might be having a lot of difficulties with themselves, affecting how they perceive problems like these sprouting at their direction.

I feel this whole thing's become a huge mess, can only hope there can be supportive help for the translator in the future.

We need to send the translator our thanks and support. And offer to help if needed. I think he needs some time and once he sees all the positive, the negative will go away. And avoid HG101 and his content. He caused this whole mess and is a monster

---

Not sure if it will help, or is helping , but i am saying nice things to him on twitter.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
We need to send the translator our thanks and support. And offer to help if needed. I think he needs some time and once he sees all the positive, the negative will go away. And avoid HG101 and his content. He caused this whole mess and is a monster

Not sure if it will help, or is helping , but i am saying nice things to him on twitter.
Thank you. It helps, it really does help. Every bit helps.

I never knew that HG101 before and I've only heard of reset era from the leaks community. But now thye're dead in many ways to me, already blocked in my media. And just so you know, Japan side is getting the deal of it. Those will be known.. the ones that costs us a Goemon game. The whole story.

Our side too is giving him a time to sort out. But the support won't stop. Positivity all the way.
Also, that HG101 has deleted his wretched tweet.

Please keep the support, this mess can have a worse effect if not resolved... we'll keep on it.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Well, in other, semi-related news. I've recently begun work on a platformer game I've wanted to make for years, with the help of some friends.

Goemon is one of the main influences for this game, as I plan to have the protagonist travelling a world map and visiting towns between levels where she can talk to NPCs and buy items.

The protagonist's name is Kasha, and she's a catgirl with a transforming tail. The gist of this game is that Kasha is looking for her mama. But the only lead she has to go on is her logic: "I'm the cutest girl in the world, so that means my mama must be the prettiest woman in the world!" Therefore she goes around the world meeting pretty women and imprinting on them as her new 'mamas'. However, in the meantime, a demon uprising is happening where spirits of demon warriors are possessing the bodies of animals, and they're all after Kasha for some reason.

Here's some videos of my prototype, which are mostly just testing out mechanics and working out bugs and stuff.

https://streamable.com/i6l7l
https://streamable.com/jesiv
https://streamable.com/3ov9l
https://streamable.com/fyr63

In the end the game will have 16-bit style graphics, she only has flat colors in-game because I needed to get the sprites done quickly. Once all the mechanics are in place I'll start giving her the proper color depth, which should look something like this.

kashasprites.png

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well, in other, semi-related news. I've recently begun work on a platformer game I've wanted to make for years, with the help of some friends.

Goemon is one of the main influences for this game, as I plan to have the protagonist travelling a world map and visiting towns between levels where she can talk to NPCs and buy items.

The protagonist's name is Kasha, and she's a catgirl with a transforming tail. The gist of this game is that Kasha is looking for her mama. But the only lead she has to go on is her logic: "I'm the cutest girl in the world, so that means my mama must be the prettiest woman in the world!" Therefore she goes around the world meeting pretty women and imprinting on them as her new 'mamas'. However, in the meantime, a demon uprising is happening where spirits of demon warriors are possessing the bodies of animals, and they're all after Kasha for some reason.

Here's some videos of my prototype, which are mostly just testing out mechanics and working out bugs and stuff.

In the end the game will have 16-bit style graphics, she only has flat colors in-game because I needed to get the sprites done quickly. Once all the mechanics are in place I'll start giving her the proper color depth, which should look something like this.

View attachment 260070
Looking pretty good there! At least you seem to do your stuff unlike me who just likes to conceptualize preferably for now.

Also I'm getting slight Felicia-vibes of Darkstalkers-fame from Kasha. Intrigued on how you're gonna present the world and characters if inspired by Goemon-series in that vein.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

View attachment 260070
Looks great. Cant wait to see it progress.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
she's a catgirl
I mean, should I even thought otherwise? :)

Looks like pre-gamma, but good nevertheless. Albeit seems more influenced by Mighty (Sonic) and SM3DW.

On a continuing update of news, unfortunately the translator seems somewhat focused on quitting!
Not giving up on him, but man, that's not the way to deal with brick walls of life. Life is full of them, just get up and move on.

We'll keep boosting his morals. Any help is appreciated.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

Looks like pre-gamma, but good nevertheless. Albeit seems more influenced by Mighty (Sonic) and SM3DW.

On a continuing update of news, unfortunately the translator seems somewhat focused on quitting!
Not giving up on him, but man, that's not the way to deal with brick walls of life. Life is full of them, just get up and move on.

We'll keep boosting his morals. Any help is appreciated.
I am surprised at his stubborness to quit. It was a small outrage that blew over super fast. Internet is always this way.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I am surprised at his stubbornness to quit. It was a small outrage that blew over super fast. Internet is always this way.
Yeah.. I'm so surprised too. He already put the bio to "Life after Translation"!.. come on, for real?
Not going to do the thing I do because of something I didn't do!.. does that even make sense.

He's not responding to support and boosts, but answers on defense and what's next to do!
It's his life, it's his choice, thank you for what you've done.. but man, what a shame...
Guess I'll be using that slur word whenever.. it did cost me a Goemon game after all.

Well, we'll have to wait for another to do it.. would love to if I knew how.
Man, can anyone at least get the work they've reached in Goemon 4? we can live with Kid Ying and Dr. Yang :)

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Yeah.. I'm so surprised too. He already put the bio to "Life after Translation"!.. come on, for real?
Not going to do the thing I do because of something I didn't do!.. does that even make sense.

He's not responding to support and boosts, but answers on defense and what's next to do!
It's his life, it's his choice, thank you for what you've done.. but man, what a shame...
Guess I'll be using that slur word whenever.. it did cost me a Goemon game after all.

Well, we'll have to wait for another to do it.. would love to if I knew how.
Man, can anyone at least get the work they've reached in Goemon 4? we can live with Kid Ying and Dr. Yang :)
Honestly, sounds like more is going on then just the uproar of the bad word. Not responding to positively and posting about moving on is weird to me.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Sorry UpsetEra had to once again dogpile and harass someone just for doing their job Goemon fans. That site is such a complete cancer, **** it and the wastes of life who post there. They've already moved on to dancing on Kobe Bryant's grave too.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Honestly, sounds like more is going on then just the uproar of the bad word. Not responding to positively and posting about moving on is weird to me.
What could possibly be going on? I don't know, but I'll say it's a weird sudden cut indeed.
We've tried boosting but he's completely ignoring it.. any suggestions?

PhantomShab PhantomShab
Never knew them, glad I didn't and they basically don't exist to me now.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
What could possibly be going on? I don't know, but I'll say it's a weird sudden cut indeed.
We've tried boosting but he's completely ignoring it.. any suggestions?

PhantomShab PhantomShab
Never knew them, glad I didn't and they basically don't exist to me now.
Give him time. We did our part. Now it is all up to him. I think it is best to leave him alone and target the restera crowd. shame them. HG101 is on my shame list.

PsychoJosh

Looking pretty good there! At least you seem to do your stuff unlike me who just likes to conceptualize preferably for now.

Also I'm getting slight Felicia-vibes of Darkstalkers-fame from Kasha. Intrigued on how you're gonna present the world and characters if inspired by Goemon-series in that vein.
You're not the first one to mention Felicia from Darkstalkers. Felicia could be one of her mamas, although Kasha would never make that obvious connection at first because she is a little scatterbrained. Valkyrie could be one of her mamas as well...

Actually, Kasha has a caretaker named Milchi (the woman in my avatar). Milchi is a gigantic amazon tiger lady who lives with her and takes good care of her. Unfortunately Kasha has a supernatural talent for wandering off and getting lost in search of her mama, and it takes all of Milchi's herculean strength just to keep up with her. She follows Kasha closely to make sure she doesn't get into trouble but they get separated at a certain point, leaving Kasha to find her mamas all by herself. Milchi never relents in her pursuit though.

Gameplay-wise I don't plan for much similarity to Sonic, I mean Kasha does have a roll attack, but it functions more like Wario's shoulder bash than Sonic's spindash. The Goemon-inspired bits are the town stages between levels, the world map exploration and the action platforming focus.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Give him time. We did our part. Now it is all up to him. I think it is best to leave him alone and target the restera crowd. shame them. HG101 is on my shame list.
Already did. And that guy.. on my target list. Well not, because I already blocked him.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
To lighten the mood from those previous events.. Here's something on the way.
Astonishing, yet I'm not sure if I'll pay for them.
EPhGGyiUUAAuYJI.jpg

Top Bottom