• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Sounds fun and interesting. I wouldn't mind if you shared your plans with me in a PM. I won't tell a soul. :secretkpop:

I'm serious.
I believe you, especially with that emoji.. Ha.
But sharing it is a complicated matter, there's a lot into it, so you'll have to excuse me about this one.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I believe you, especially with that emoji.. Ha.
But sharing it is a complicated matter, there's a lot into it, so you'll have to excuse me about this one.
Let me guess:beezo::beezo::beezo: You have contects or friends that have contects with certain people at Konami?

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Arle?

Well, if true, it's kinda sad that she got in before Lip.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Arle?

Well, if true, it's kinda sad that she got in before Lip.
I think order of inclusion isn't that important especially with Sakurai. Ness got in before Cloud and a Dragon Quest protagonist, Wolf got in before Ridley and K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie got in before Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, and Rayman. So you see, it doesn't matter how iconic or popular a character is, they won't be prioritize over other characters because Sakurai will add who he wants in what order he wants. And the main goal anyways is if they get in so it really shouldn't matter who get's in first as long at the end of the day down the line that our favorite characters get in.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Sakurai Smash presentation coming in on the 16th. Buckle up bois and gurls it's going to be a bumpy ride!
About 40 hours till then.. no room for speculations or rumors now.
Be prepared, we strike for Goemon in the next Fighter's Pass.. we never want to wait another Smash for that to happen.

PsychoJosh

I was being negative before, but scratch that. I edited this post I want to turn this into a lucky cat of fortune that contains the Smash invitation for our boy.

1579058456966.png

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Around the 9:00 minute mark Papa mentions that the Puyo Puyo producer retweeted the announcement of the presentation and Papa also said this is the first time he has ever retweeted any of the Smash Directs. My God I think you're a prophet GoeGoe GoeGoe .

GoeGoe

Smash Lord

Around the 9:00 minute mark Papa mentions that the Puyo Puyo producer retweeted the announcement of the presentation and Papa also said this is the first time he has ever retweeted any of the Smash Directs. My God I think you're a prophet GoeGoe GoeGoe .
Oh noh am not, and it's yet to happen. Let's wait for the Direct :)
Strangely, I watched that video and missed that specific moment.. I wasn't paying full attention I suppose. Well, thanks for pointing that out.

PsychoJosh

Sakurai is holding up three fingers, and there are three question marks.
Is he gonna announce three characters?

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
R RetrogamerMax Told you am not :)

Boy, what a disappointing Direct. More disappointing than the Mii costume.. oh and those new ones were disappointing too. Really! Assassin Creed?
They said to trust their choices.. that won't be the future case.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
R RetrogamerMax Told you am not :)

Boy, what a disappointing Direct. More disappointing than the Mii costume.. oh and those new ones were disappointing too. Really! Assassin Creed?
They said to trust their choices.. that won't be the future case.
With Ezio and Rabbids out of the picture, Rayman looks kind of likely despite the fact he already has a Spirit.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
With Ezio and Rabbids out of the picture, Rayman looks kind of likely despite the fact he already has a Spirit.
That's what I'm trying to say.. who knows, Goemon might get an upgrade. Let's keep our spirits up :)

I swear, I'd take those 3 fakes of Goemon gang over a Fire Emblem character any day.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That's what I'm trying to say.. who knows, Goemon might get an upgrade. Let's keep our spirits up :)

I swear, I'd take those 3 fakes of Goemon gang over a Fire Emblem character any day.
I don't know about the fake Goemon gang, but I would certainly overwhelming take the real Goemon gang over any Fire Emblem characters.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I don't know about the fake Goemon gang, but I would certainly overwhelming take the real Goemon gang over any Fire Emblem characters.
You really don't have to worry about the fakes.. their chance of getting in is measured in kelvins.

Edit: We're still keeping our hope but, realizing a fact (I didn't earlier as I didn't bother going through the Direct). Nintendo has already picked the 6 fighters. Means, don't expect much more than deal strikes characters.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
So, if they could make a Sans and a Cup Head heads, couldn't they make a full Goemon head?
Why was Goemon left for awkward Mii options?..
Anyone thinks the 5th was a punishment for leakers.. and that Binary flip?

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
The thing with the Sans and Cuphead premium Mii Costumes is that, since their character designs (especially their heads) are kind of "cartoonish", I suppose it was more viable to "add" them to the roster via Mii Fighter skins. Both Mii costumes look almost like the real deal (Cuphead even more). It would seem that this is the potential approach Nintendo has chosen in order to represent indie game characters within the Mii costume packs going into Vol. 2. Potential indie characters we could see added via premium Mii costumes (premium since... they look like the real deal + they come with a music track) are Hollow Knight, Steve, Commander Video, Isaac (although... since he's pretty much a naked little boy... dunno...), Shovel Knight, among others.

With that out of the way, back to our boy Goemon; I feel he still has a chance, and moreso with the announcement of the Fighters Pass Vol. 2 (and EVEN moreso because he got a Mii Costume). So far among many the consensus has been that Assist Trophies kill the chances for a character being added as a fighter, however, Mii Costumes are an entirely different thing since we have Mii costumes of fighters that are already in the game (Fox, Link, Mario, Samus, Captain Falcon, Inkling Boy and Girl, King K. Rool, Chrom, etc.). And furthermore, we first got Chrom and King K. Rool Mii costumes in Smash 4, and fast forward to Ultimate, we got the characters.

Goemon's got history behind him (a lot). Many main line games, spin offs, ovas, merchandise, and being based off from a legitimate Japanese folklore character within the Edo Japan era; Goemon should eventually come to Smash (Vol. 2 please) with his own distinct playstyle and content. Suzaku Castle? Pfft (no offense tho; Street Fighter's hype); where's Oedo Castle at? :surprised: Heck, the stage could even be a moving stage with Koryuta in his dragon form as the stage platform, flying across Edo Japan. Come on Nintendo. Come on Konami. Give us anime Mario already.:2gud:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Ah you're telling me.. I know, I know.. sigh
But seriously, they could've gone with a hat rather than a head. Like Chomp Chomp hat or that leaked Mallow hat, Slime hat.. etc. Or even a mask like Shy Guy. Don't get me wrong, what they did was the right thing to do.. for real, why suffer through a Mii face when you can get "like the real deal".

But you know, I feel the same.. I think and hope they're saving a space for Goemon (as you say, preferably Vol.2).
You know what, I think as trophies are chance killers, so is "premium" Miis.. Cup Head ain't getting out of this one. Cause honestly, it fits. I guess we should be grateful Goemon didn't get a head :)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The thing with the Sans and Cuphead premium Mii Costumes is that, since their character designs (especially their heads) are kind of "cartoonish", I suppose it was more viable to "add" them to the roster via Mii Fighter skins. Both Mii costumes look almost like the real deal (Cuphead even more). It would seem that this is the potential approach Nintendo has chosen in order to represent indie game characters within the Mii costume packs going into Vol. 2. Potential indie characters we could see added via premium Mii costumes (premium since... they look like the real deal + they come with a music track) are Hollow Knight, Steve, Commander Video, Isaac (although... since he's pretty much a naked little boy... dunno...), Shovel Knight, among others.

With that out of the way, back to our boy Goemon; I feel he still has a chance, and moreso with the announcement of the Fighters Pass Vol. 2 (and EVEN moreso because he got a Mii Costume). So far among many the consensus has been that Assist Trophies kill the chances for a character being added as a fighter, however, Mii Costumes are an entirely different thing since we have Mii costumes of fighters that are already in the game (Fox, Link, Mario, Samus, Captain Falcon, Inkling Boy and Girl, King K. Rool, Chrom, etc.). And furthermore, we first got Chrom and King K. Rool Mii costumes in Smash 4, and fast forward to Ultimate, we got the characters.

Goemon's got history behind him (a lot). Many main line games, spin offs, ovas, merchandise, and being based off from a legitimate Japanese folklore character within the Edo Japan era; Goemon should eventually come to Smash (Vol. 2 please) with his own distinct playstyle and content. Suzaku Castle? Pfft (no offense tho; Street Fighter's hype); where's Oedo Castle at? :surprised: Heck, the stage could even be a moving stage with Koryuta in his dragon form as the stage platform, flying across Edo Japan. Come on Nintendo. Come on Konami. Give us anime Mario already.:2gud:
As much as I would love to see Goemon get promoted in Season Pass 2, I think it's too soon for that and is not happening. Though, I think our boi could get promoted if there is a Season Pass 3 though which, I think is happening. You look at the stage select screen and there are two empty slots right now with another row forming once #77 comes out. So after Byleth and all of the Season Pass 2 characters get added that just leaves us with 5 empty slots in the stage select screen. How many WoL slots are opened after Byleth? 10. Do the math: Season Pass 2 plus 4 more characters and that pretty much covers the next row with the exception that there will be one empty slot left in the stage select screen if all the WoL slots get filled up and all those characters do come with stages. Bois, Season Pass 3 is definitely happening.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Hmm... it just hit me. What if... Konami hasn't released a Mystical Ninja anniversary collection yet... because they've been localizing/translating the SNES games (apart from the one that was released in the west)? :eek:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hmm... it just hit me. What if... Konami hasn't released a Mystical Ninja anniversary collection yet... because they've been localizing/translating the SNES games (apart from the one that was released in the west)? :eek:
That along with Goemon in Smash to promote that translated collection is my dream right there.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I think the Mii Goemon is a through off.. and he could easily get into pass 2... EVEN if it was a Nintendo select.
Konami's been generous with their IPs, and It did promote Smash further. So Nintendo has to compensate for that.. How? by promoting the revival of Konami's most beloved character, Goemon. (For real, he is)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think the Mii Goemon is a through off.. and he could easily get into pass 2... EVEN if it was a Nintendo select.
Konami's been generous with their IPs, and It did promote Smash further. So Nintendo has to compensate for that.. How? by promoting the revival of Konami's most beloved character, Goemon. (For real, he is)
I wish. If Goemon got into Ultimate, I would never ask for any character ever again honestly. I mean, there is a lot of characters I want in Smash, but Goemon is really the only big one left for me. The day Goemon get's into Smash is the day I retire from Smash speculation forever. One of the big reasons I signed up to be a member on these forums was to help raise awareness of our boi.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I wish. If Goemon got into Ultimate, I would never ask for any character ever again honestly. I mean, there is a lot of characters I want in Smash, but Goemon is really the only big one left for me. The day Goemon get's into Smash is the day I retire from Smash speculation forever. One of the big reasons I signed up to be a member on these forums was to help raise awareness of our boi.
You and me buddy, you and me.

Always had two "main" wishes. Mega Man and Goemon. Got the first, fighting for the second. No interest of whatsoever afterwards.
Of course I have other wishes, unfortunately and realistically, their chances as thin as air.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You and me buddy, you and me.

Always had two "main" wishes. Mega Man and Goemon. Got the first, fighting for the second. No interest of whatsoever afterwards.
Of course I have other wishes, unfortunately and realistically, their chances as thin as air.
My big 5 was always Goemon, Mewtwo, K. Rool, Ridley, and Banjo & Kazooie. Got Mewtwo when I first got into the series in Melee being my first Smash game. Didn't get K. Rool, Ridley, and Banjo & Kazooie 17 to 18 years later in Ultimate. So that's 4 out of 5 so Goemon is really the only big one left for me now. I hope I don't have to wait another 17 to 18 years for him to get into Smash. So what are your other wants left GoeGoe GoeGoe besides Goemon? Mine are Krystal, Dixie Kong, Porky Minch, Pig Ganon, Zero, Tron Bonne, and Shantae.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
So what are your other wants left GoeGoe GoeGoe besides Goemon? Mine are Krystal, Dixie Kong, Porky Minch, Pig Ganon, Zero, Tron Bonne, and Shantae.
All retro.. Sparkster, Kid Dracula, Master Higgins, Bonk and Marina..

and.. err.. guys...
*huff wheeze*..
I.. I feel we're close.. :)

If you haven't seen the latest Konami recruitment poster... I think you should. Really, you should :)
Yauo.jpg
Sasu.jpg
Ebiuo.jpg
Gouo.jpg

Goemon looks SO cool. I'll not rant about the whereabouts of his red markings, because I'm extremely excited :)
The poster contains about every Konami IP... unfortunately, Sparkster is nowhere to be seen *sniff*.. told ya it's as thin as air.

Edit: The red markings are there.. the low res made it appear there not. Phew.. ohhh I'm SO excited :joyful:I
Edit2: Some fans are not satisfied with Goemon's anime look. What do you guys think? I definitely would rather have the old look, but that doesn't mean this one doesn't look cool... or am I alone in this?

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
All retro.. Sparkster, Kid Dracula, Master Higgins, Bonk and Marina..

and.. err.. guys...
*huff wheeze*..
I.. I feel we're close.. :)

If you haven't seen the latest Konami recruitment poster... I think you should. Really, you should :)
View attachment 259062View attachment 259063View attachment 259064View attachment 259065

Goemon looks SO cool. I'll not rant about the whereabouts of his red markings, because I'm extremely excited :)
The poster contains about every Konami IP... unfortunately, Sparkster is nowhere to be seen *sniff*.. told ya it's as thin as air.

Edit: The red markings are there.. the low res made it appear there not. Phew.. ohhh I'm SO excited :joyful:I
Edit2: Some fans are not satisfied with Goemon's anime look. What do you guys think? I definitely would rather have the old look, but that doesn't mean this one doesn't look cool... or am I alone in this?
I actually like the Goemon gang's new anime look even though I prefer the classic look. As long as the franchise returns healthy and running again, that is all that matters to me.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Man, that recruitment ad makes Nintendo's look pedestrian in comparison. There's even Rumbling Roses girls, the weird version of Frogger and freakin Oolong in this.
I've been saying this for a long time.. and that's not even the whole list.
Just spotted Lee too.
Though, you mean Dragon Ball's Oolong? No bigs there.

R RetrogamerMax As you, I don't mind it. But it does take away from Goemon's uniqueness.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Man, that recruitment ad makes Nintendo's look pedestrian in comparison. There's even Rumbling Roses girls, the weird version of Frogger and freakin Oolong in this.
Some Hudson Soft's stars still missing though (like Bonk or Master Higgins), but I appreciate the efforts. Now to see if Konami would take some steps further with the IPs so vast and colorful they've shown off since eons.

Though, you mean Dragon Ball's Oolong? No bigs there.
Oolong happens to be original name for Lee in Yie Ar Kung Fu's original Arcade release in Japan:

Last edited:
Top Bottom