• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hi-doo~!

Sorry for long-time absence from this thread - As much as Goemon getting noted by a Mii Costume was a nice gesture, I didn't entirely have much in me to celebrate it fondly.

However, I wanted to bring very fortunate news:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

It looks like the passionate dedication for Goemon-series is still living on, and it's been blowing me away. We're not only getting the highly coveted Goemon 2 for SFC, but also 3 and 4 to be soon fully playable in English through fan translations!

And most incredible thing about this? We'd have most of the mainline Goemon-games finally playable all the way through from Famicom, to N64. That's going to let these games stand the test of time even better in spite of the long-running dormancy today.

I'm especially waiting on 4, after really coming to love it fondly from clearing it many years back via use of walkkthroughs.
I haven't heard about the Ganbare Goemon 2 translation in several years and I kind of thought the project was in development hell or they just dropped it entirely so I thought it was dead. The fact that they're almost done with it and are also translating 3 and 4 makes me so, SO happy. :cry:

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Dropping this neat bit of news..
That vinyl records company might drop the Mystical Ninja vinyl in April (cherry blossom season).
This is great in many levels, as first, it marks the first official outside of Japan product in a loooong while.
And who knows, this might be were the series get back on its legs. Wait for the sakura fans :)

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Yes, so much yes with the Ganbare Goemon games getting some fan-localization treatment. Hopefully Konami notices and says "you know what guys, let's make that Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja Anniversary Collection. Also, clerk, get me Mr. Sakurai on the phone, I'd like to ask him a little favor."

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Now that I think about it, it'd be nice if in a future Ganbare Goemon game, they added Koryuta, and Kurobei as playable characters. These two have appeared in a few Ganbare Goemon games and they could prove to be great additions to the Mystical Ninja team. Koryuta's playstyle could be more martial-arts based (no weapons perhaps), while Kurobei would be like a stealthier Sazuke (also being able to turn into objects via ninjutsu). And of course, Koryuta would HAVE to have the Dragon Transformation skill to fast travel between locations.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yes, so much yes with the Ganbare Goemon games getting some fan-localization treatment. Hopefully Konami notices and says "you know what guys, let's make that Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja Anniversary Collection. Also, clerk, get me Mr. Sakurai on the phone, I'd like to ask him a little favor."
Can only hope Goemon gets to brag on K.Rool about not taking another installment to get to co-exist with his Mii Costume. :awesome:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Can only hope Goemon gets to brag on K.Rool about not taking another installment to get to co-exist with his Mii Costume. :awesome:
I know right? I really hope Goemon does make it into Ultimate as unrealistic as that sounds with him already having a Mii costume and such. My hope for Goemon is all on Smash 6.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
We're working on that :)
Next up my girl Yae. :awesome:
He actually said he's looking forward to it.. most probably means he'll work on it soon (that's the logic anyway).
We're working on it, so please, seriously, we need you to keep asking for him for the next fighter's pass.. however that may look.
I know right? I really hope Goemon does make it into Ultimate as unrealistic as that sounds with him already having a Mii costume and such. My hope for Goemon is all on Smash 6.
No no no, not 6. The next fighter's pass. Beacuse.. why not? and seriously, who wants to wait that long.. the Switch cycle is young.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
No no no, not 6. The next fighter's pass. Beacuse.. why not? and seriously, who wants to wait that long.. the Switch cycle is young.
Almost all the hope I have left in the remaining characters I really want is all in Smash 6. Goemon is a Mii costume, Krystal is a Assist Trophy, Dixie Kong is a Mii hat and a Spirit, Pig Ganon is a boss, and Porky is completely MIA from the game having no Spirit whatsoever. My only realistic hope left for Ultimate is a Soul Calibur rep a la Yoshimitsu or Nightmare.

I could still see Geno and Shantae getting promoted ESPECIALLY Geno since his fans have been at this forever reigning at the top of speculation during Brawl, falling down greatly during Smash 4, and coming back again in greater numbers than their heyday from Brawl in Ultimate. I think it's safe to say Geno is coming, especially with a roster that has Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie in it.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Almost all the hope I have left in the remaining characters I really want is all in Smash 6. Goemon is a Mii costume, Krystal is a Assist Trophy, Dixie Kong is a Mii hat and a Spirit, Pig Ganon is a boss, and Porky is completely MIA from the game having no Spirit whatsoever. My only realistic hope left for Ultimate is a Soul Calibur rep a la Yoshimitsu or Nightmare.

I could still see Geno and Shantae getting promoted ESPECIALLY Geno since his fans have been at this forever reigning at the top of speculation during Brawl, falling down greatly during Smash 4, and coming back again in greater numbers than their heyday from Brawl in Ultimate. I think it's safe to say Geno is coming, especially with a roster that has Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie in it.
Well, none of those are series mascot characters.. and even that didn't save Goemon. But I think he still has a chance of getting out of that costume trap.
As for Geno, I think he'll be the last one revealed. If ever.. or if Sakurai ever can secure him from Square.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, none of those are series mascot characters.. and even that didn't save Goemon. But I think he still has a chance of getting out of that costume trap.
As for Geno, I think he'll be the last one revealed. If ever.. or if Sakurai ever can secure him from Square.
I think Geno as the last Ultimate newcomer would be a amazing way to end off the game entirely. Geno's definitely coming, but he could be coming at anytime though so he doesn't have to be last.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I think Geno as the last Ultimate newcomer would be a amazing way to end off the game entirely. Geno's definitely coming, but he could be coming at anytime though so he doesn't have to be last.
I'm not so sure about that.. he should but, I don't know. I'm not that well versed in Square behavior, but me pal A.G.L. A.G.L. say they're pretty cheap with their rights (this is very clear when you look at their 2 music pieces for Cloud), and they're much cheaper with their older IPs (not to mention one with conflict).. they just don't like using old IPs.. or giving their use rights to anyone. My thoughts that Geno would be last is because how trollish Sakurai can be and how annoying the fans were about it.
So reality says, Geno is in a really tough spot, and don't forget, he's a character in a game, a single game.. that's it. This is hard to promote, and given that "as per Sakurai", Nintendo's making the calls for the passes.. meaning, those characters are either promotional and/or deal strikes (Banjo).
As much as fans asked for Geno, and as much as Smash players know about it.. I can fairly say, Goemon as obscure to players as he is, had a better chance.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm not so sure about that.. he should but, I don't know. I'm not that well versed in Square behavior, but me pal A.G.L. A.G.L. say they're pretty cheap with their rights (this is very clear when you look at their 2 music pieces for Cloud), and they're much cheaper with their older IPs (not to mention one with conflict).. they just don't like using old IPs.. or giving their use rights to anyone. My thoughts that Geno would be last is because how trollish Sakurai can be and how annoying the fans were about it.
So reality says, Geno is in a really tough spot, and don't forget, he's a character in a game, a single game.. that's it. This is hard to promote, and given that "as per Sakurai", Nintendo's making the calls for the passes.. meaning, those characters are either promotional and/or deal strikes (Banjo).
As much as fans asked for Geno, and as much as Smash players know about it.. I can fairly say, Goemon as obscure to players as he is, had a better chance.
At the end of the day Sakurai nor the fans will make the final decision in Geno's fate because that will be Square-Enix. They hold his rights and the rights to the SMRPG brand and characters. So unless they give the thumbs up, it's never going to happen.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
At the end of the day Sakurai nor the fans will make the final decision in Geno's fate because that will be Square-Enix. They hold his rights and the rights to the SMRPG brand and characters. So unless they give the thumbs up, it's never going to happen.
That was one of my points explaining it to a Geno fan. Nintendo didn't want to go back to RPG game styles, ever. Miyamoto said that plenty of times, but when fans kept asking for another RPG, Nintendo answered. With Paper Mario and then Mario & Luigi saga, something all Nintendo, by Nintendo.
You see how tough it is? Not just that they have to get the rights from Square, they'll be going against their own brand. The series they made specifically against Square's past conflict.
Now, they all seem buddies, and Sakurai said he twisted some arms. How far has he twisted? Will Nintendo AND Square want to promote that specific fighter?.. I think the true answer (at this point, point of FP2) is what would it bring them? If there's no new game, they didn't acquire the rights.. then it's nothing but pure fan satisfaction. Will they do that on that pure bases? I have no clue.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Wow, that was sooner than I thought!
Here's your gift guys
ENH7C7SWwAYb4kF.png

who would've thought our series would make it that far :)
Let's keep on it.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Here's your gift guys
View attachment 255212

Let's keep on it.
Beautiful! There is my girl Yae in her messed up mermaid transformation. :chuckle:

Edit: Happy new years guys! Let's hope we get a new Goemon game this decade as well as our boi in Smash.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
What would Goemon's Spirit Board be like? I've only played Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon myself, so I can't say I'm intimately familiar with the extended cast.

Still, I think Impact would definitely be the Legend Spirit of the board. He'd be represented with a Metal Goemon who charges a fast, full power Final Smash, and even suddenly has it. Absolutely brutal if you don't Hero cheese it. He'd give an ability that makes you start any match with a Final Smash.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
What would Goemon's Spirit Board be like? I've only played Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon myself, so I can't say I'm intimately familiar with the extended cast.

Still, I think Impact would definitely be the Legend Spirit of the board. He'd be represented with a Metal Goemon who charges a fast, full power Final Smash, and even suddenly has it. Absolutely brutal if you don't Hero cheese it. He'd give an ability that makes you start any match with a Final Smash.
Probably like:

Ebisumaru/blue :ultwario: (Has a fan item with him when the battle starts) Ace class Spirit

Yae/green :ultpalutena: or :ultsheik: Ace class Spirit

Sasuke/green :ultmegaman: Ace class Spirit

Impact/red giant :ultrob: Legend class Spirit

Wise Man/red :ultdoc: Advance class Spirit

Seppukumaru/purple :ultganondorf: with 4 white :ultkirby:s as the Four Tsujikiri Legend class Spirit

Dochuki/blue :ultganondorf: (Suddenly gains a Final Smash very quickly) Ace class Spirit

Dancin' and Lily/:ulticeclimbers: with 4 :ultsheik:s as the Peach Mountain Shoguns Ace class Spirit

Fortune Teller/red :ultwario: with two red giant :ultganondorf:s Advance class Spirit

Obisumaru/red :ultwario: (Earthquakes suddenly shake the stage once in awhile) Advance class Spirit

Kabuki/white or green :ultfalcon: Advance class Spirit

General Magginesu/:ultlemmy:with 4 white :ultmewtwo:s as the Bunny Soldiers Ace class Spirit

Jurokubei/purple :ultganondorf: with 4 :ultsheik:s as his (minions I forgot the name of) and giant red :ultrob: as Dark Impact Legend class Spirit

Edit: Check out my new Goemon gang avatar y'all.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Here's your gift guys
View attachment 255212

Let's keep on it.
AMAZING! This all your original pixel art? I love it more than anything. I go nuts for Pixel Art done right and this is exceptional. Have you worked on video games?

This aesthetic is just so perfect. I wish we could get a brand new Goemon game that uses SNES-style pixel art in the same vein as Sonic Mania.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
AMAZING! This all your original pixel art? I love it more than anything. I go nuts for Pixel Art done right and this is exceptional. Have you worked on video games?

This aesthetic is just so perfect. I wish we could get a brand new Goemon game that uses SNES-style pixel art in the same vein as Sonic Mania.
Haha.. no, that's not my work.
I love how you described its aesthetic as perfect.. because it is. You know why?
I think you'll love to know that this pixel art is done by the SNES/SFC Goemon pixel artist himself. The man who is also responsible of creating our wooden ninja "Sasuke". :)

Note: I do love pixel art too, and I certainly appreciate pixel art 2D games than 3D ones.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Haha.. no, that's not my work.
I love how you described its aesthetic as perfect.. because it is. You know why?
I think you'll love to know that this pixel art is done by the SNES/SFC Goemon pixel artist himself. The man who is also responsible of creating our wooden ninja "Sasuke". :)
Ahh, no wonder. Is it new? Does he have a twitter account or something where he posts these?

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Ahh, no wonder. Is it new? Does he have a twitter account or something where he posts these?
It is, its marked 2020, right? He's been working on it for a while.. maybe more than 6 months or so. He rarely post about Goemon stuff, a few per year. I don't think he still works with konami.

PsychoJosh

If it wasn't for that, it's the kind of thing that would make me think it was a teaser for a new game in 2020.

Wouldn't be the first time. The creator of Earthworm Jim teased the fans by drawing lots of new EWJ artwork on his instagram only to be followed up with a new game and comic book announcement several months later.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
If it wasn't for that, it's the kind of thing that would make me think it was a teaser for a new game in 2020.

Wouldn't be the first time. The creator of Earthworm Jim teased the fans by drawing lots of new EWJ artwork on his instagram only to be followed up with a new game and comic book announcement several months later.
Well, Konami has patented "Goemon".. we should (hopefully) expect something on the way.
Personally, I think they're planning something fitting. It's their beloved mascot after all :)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, Konami has patented "Goemon".. we should (hopefully) expect something on the way.
Personally, I think they're planning something fitting. It's their beloved mascot after all :)
Besides the possibility of a new game, I think it's highly likely that Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon is going to be on Switch Online at some point. Reason I say this is because of them using the Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon logo in the USA and PAL versions of the Banjo & Kazooie presentation when they showed off Goemon's costume and than cutting to the Smash x screen instead of the series logo like in the Japanese version of it. It's in my opinion a REALLY good sign for us N64 Goemon fans as that logo really hasn't been used in almost 21 years before that presentation.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Besides the possibility of a new game, I think it's highly likely that Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon is going to be on Switch Online at some point. Reason I say this is because of them using the Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon logo in the USA and PAL versions of the Banjo & Kazooie presentation when they showed off Goemon's costume and than cutting to the Smash x screen instead of the series logo like in the Japanese version of it. It's in my opinion a REALLY good sign for us N64 Goemon fans as that logo really hasn't been used in almost 21 years before that presentation.
It is. Legend of the Mystical Ninja is one of the games rumored for the SNES online line.
Oh I think that and many other things are all good signs for our hero.. and I know of things coming for sure too. Add to it, the soon to be translations, that new T-shirt.. and, while we're at it.. things are going smoothly here..

ENsJ0e4VUAA0PNr.jpg

Though I have another reason for posting this specific image. Can any of you tell what's happening behind Ebisumaru? :)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It is. Legend of the Mystical Ninja is one of the games rumored for the SNES online line.
Oh I think that and many other things are all good signs for our hero.. and I know of things coming for sure too. Add to it, the soon to be translations, that new T-shirt.. and, while we're at it.. things are going smoothly here..

View attachment 256150

Though I have another reason for posting this specific image. Can any of you tell what's happening behind Ebisumaru? :)
I was talking about Mystical Ninja 64. But about the figures: OMG! I see Yae behind Ebisumaru. I don't who is on his left though. Maybe the Cat boss from Ghost Toys Castle? Hmm.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I was talking about Mystical Ninja 64. But about the figures: OMG! I see Yae behind Ebisumaru. I don't who is on his left though. Maybe the Cat boss from Ghost Toys Castle? Hmm.
A 64 Switch emulator.. nah, I'm done waiting for slow Nintendo. I'd rather have an official collection from Konami.
Yes, that's a Yae prototype, and that's what I was pointing at. I don't know what's the other thing nor I think it has anything to do with Goemon.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
It's good to see that two of my predictions came true..
Goemon.. we had that as a Mii costume
and, if you've been following Sakurai's current imgae of the day and my post here about my message to PapaGenos predicting Arle..
It seems she might be the 5th as predicted :)
ENw_6_UUUAEY1vR.jpg

ENw_6_dVAAASJ6k.jpg

ENw_7ICU4AAyE41.jpg

Well guys, then just keep asking for Goemon.

EDIT: The post was on July 14th 2019, page 7, post #261
https://smashboards.com/threads/mys...rms-thats-a-steal.457287/page-7#post-23445423

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's good to see that two of my predictions came true..
Goemon.. we had that as a Mii costume
and, if you've been following Sakurai's current imgae of the day and my post here about my message to PapaGenos predicting Arle..
It seems she might be the 5th as predicted :)
View attachment 256400
View attachment 256401
View attachment 256402

Well guys, then just keep asking for Goemon.

EDIT: The post was on July 14th 2019, page 7, post #261
https://smashboards.com/threads/mys...rms-thats-a-steal.457287/page-7#post-23445423
If Arle is in than you my good man are a prophet!

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Palpatine: Dew it!

Oh wait, he already shouted out Goemon for us. But it wouldn't hurt to ask again. :evil:
Nah, we're done looking for shout outs. He's in.. in a form. All we need now is to get him in.. for real.
Edit: might I add, we're working on that too :)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Nah, we're done looking for shout outs. He's in.. in a form. All we need now is to get him in.. for real.
True, absolutely true. I think us playing as Mii swordfighter with the Goemon Mii costume online would bring in more exposure and awareness for our boi. The Lip fans were doing it and so was the Skull Kid fans I believe. Let's show the world our boi!

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
True, absolutely true. I think us playing as Mii swordfighter with the Goemon Mii costume online would bring in more exposure and awareness for our boi. The Lip fans were doing it and so was the Skull Kid fans I believe. Let's show the world our boi!
Oh, we even have better plans :)

Top Bottom