• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Post away. We can make a huge compilation of all the different costume ideas. Send them to The tekken guy. Maybe he will get made and then pass the image to Sakurai, saying dont make this character. But in reality, Sakurai will see how cool they all really are and decided to make him a character.
And Sakurai will decide to make Yae, Sasuke, and Ebisumaru all playable characters too. A man can dream right? :awesome:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Post away. We can make a huge compilation of all the different costume ideas. Send them to The tekken guy. Maybe he will get made and then pass the image to Sakurai, saying dont make this character. But in reality, Sakurai will see how cool they all really are and decided to make him a character.
Ok. for now. Here're the mains (just in the case of having Goemon alone as playable)..
Ebisumaru
Ebisumaru.png

Yae:
Yae.png

Sasuke (I hope I git the arm direction correct):
Sasuke.png

Tan Goemon:
W.png

(since I don't know this one's slippers colors, I left them as is)

I'll go through the hairs in a while, then post'em.
And Sakurai will decide to make Yae, Sasuke, and Ebisumaru all playable characters too. A man can dream right? :awesome:
Until it's a reality :)

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I would say, you have better colors then the ones I came up with.
Thanks. As I thought, I messed up the direction of Sasuke's arm, I'll get to it. And I think Yae needs some correction too.
Ebisumaru tops and Tan Goemon looks great (that peachy color was a pain to get right).

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Thanks. As I thought, I messed up the direction of Sasuke's arm, I'll get to it. And I think Yae needs some correction too.
Ebisumaru tops and Tan Goemon looks great (that peachy color was a pain to get right).
I do not need to be the middle man here.

Two things. This is the blend file with the head texture. You need to goto
https://www.models-resource.com/nintendo_switch/supersmashbrosultimate/model/32448/

download it and extract it in the folder where the text document is. Extract it only.

Should have a Goemon Outfit folder added. Open the blend and all should work.

Attachments

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I do not need to be the middle man here.

Two things. This is the blend file with the head texture. You need to goto
https://www.models-resource.com/nintendo_switch/supersmashbrosultimate/model/32448/

download it and extract it in the folder where the text document is. Extract it only.

Should have a Goemon Outfit folder added. Open the blend and all should work.
I don't mind it if it's not bothering you. As I don't know my way through blender.. never tried it before. Does it need a capable PC?.. anyway, I'll try.
For the time being, here're a better corrected Sasuke and Yae alts.
Yae:
YaeC.png

Sasuke:
Sasuke2.png

I'm not sure why the slipper straps were so bright in your model. I tried to tone it down a bit with these. Sasuke's hair is "almost" like Goemon's, so nothing there. I'll work on Yae's and then.. nothing much, unless anyone has some suggestions.

Edit:
Here're the hair meshs
Ebisumaru:
EbisuH.png

Yae:
YaeH.png

I know, most of us particularly want to see this one on Goemon :)

Sasuke:
SaskeH.png

Tan Goemon:
TGoe.png

Maybe later I'll go through the last one.. Vintage Goemon.

Edit2:
Here's Vintage Goemon :)
VGoemn.png

Hair:
VGoe.png

I'm getting the hang of this.. so I'm gladly open to creative ideas and suggestions :)

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
drag0nscythe drag0nscythe
So I downloaded Blender.. tried to open the Mii costume file (extracted).. it has nothing but images!
Not sure where or how I can fit those costumes to a model. Also, isn't there a way to improve the head we have?
Oh and the attached file "missing" had Goemon face.. if I improved that would the texture on the face improve? it's jagged.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
drag0nscythe drag0nscythe
So I downloaded Blender.. tried to open the Mii costume file (extracted).. it has nothing but images!
Not sure where or how I can fit those costumes to a model. Also, isn't there a way to improve the head we have?
Oh and the attached file "missing" had Goemon face.. if I improved that would the texture on the face improve? it's jagged.
Yes. the attached texture is the goemon face. If you redraw it and refresh the texture in blender, it will fix it. I will add your colors to the model later tonight. Expect an update then.

Make sure to grab the model from Models-resources. I did not include it because it made the file to big to upload to smashboards.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Yes. the attached texture is the goemon face. If you redraw it and refresh the texture in blender, it will fix it. I will add your colors to the model later tonight. Expect an update then.

Make sure to grab the model from Models-resources. I did not include it because it made the file to big to upload to smashboards.
Maan, I have no idea what I'm doing..
Went to M.Sources, downloaded Mii Fighters.. and it's the same as Goemon. Opened it with Blender to find nothing. Is that the model you were talking about? and I'm guess head is not included..
Ah.. I even made a special color.. Ha!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So I discovered something very interesting about Yae's shadow in Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon 3 years ago:

The left side is Yae’s model from the release build while the model on the right is the model from the beta build. As you can tell from what I discovered, Yae’s model in the release build still has her shadow from the beta build which means Konami kind of dun goofed. I wonder if the beta model is still in the game’s code. drag0nscythe drag0nscythe you upload models to the source modelling site right? Can you datamine the game’s code to see if this model is still in it pretty please?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So I discovered something very interesting about Yae's shadow in Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon 3 years ago:

The left side is Yae’s model from the release build while the model on the right is the model from the beta build. As you can tell from what I discovered, Yae’s model in the release build still has her shadow from the beta build which means Konami kind of dun goofed. I wonder if the beta model is still in the game’s code. drag0nscythe drag0nscythe you upload models to the source modelling site right? Can you datamine the game’s code to see if this model is still in it pretty please?
I rip n64 models through a model exporter. When the game is running. I just print the screen. No datamining on my part. :-( sorry.

1575256141879.png

1575256179733.png
1575256238061.png

1575256296516.png

1575256360716.png

GoeGoe

Smash Lord

Now that's a discovery. Yet I'm not sure, was her shadow like that in the game? I don't recall.
Why not ask one of Smash Ultimate dataminers? I think they'll help, it's a 64 game.

I rip n64 models through a model exporter. When the game is running. I just print the screen. No datamining on my part. :-( sorry.

View attachment 249356
View attachment 249358View attachment 249361
View attachment 249362
View attachment 249363
Thank you so much drag0nscythe drag0nscythe :)
Hope you're more satisfied with that Yae *wink*
and.. I think we were both tired at that point. I missed Sasuke's white belt, and you put the purple hair on Vintage Goemon rather than Tan Goemon :)
If you're up for it, I can correct it.. (and I have a special one), otherwise I'll need someone to teach me how to use Blender. More importantly, how to implement the head and its texture on said body. So not to trouble you anymore.

EDIT:
Here's the final corrected Sasuke one

SasukeC2.png

And here's a special Kabuki one, with two sets of kabuki hair:
KabuG.png

Hair1:
Kab1.png

Hair2:
kab2.png

and by that, I'm done.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Now that's a discovery. Yet I'm not sure, was her shadow like that in the game? I don't recall.
Yes, it's like that in the game. Her model in the release build has her long flowing hair while her model in the beta build has a ponytail. As you can see, her shadow in the release build has a ponytail so Konami forgot to fix her shadow before cutting the ponytail model from the game. I believe there is a high chance that the beta ponytail model is still in the game's code because of this.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Yes, it's like that in the game. Her model in the release build has her long flowing hair while her model in the beta build has a ponytail. As you can see, her shadow in the release build has a ponytail so Konami forgot to fix her shadow before cutting the ponytail model from the game. I believe there is a high chance that the beta ponytail model is still in the game's code because of this.
Either you learn how to datamine or ask someone.. say, Dr.Hypercake :)

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
1575335827369.png

1575335872991.png

1575335899744.png

Have yo say, the white hair is better for this look.
Very nicely done. These are all great costumes.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Who is Dr.Hypercake?
A dataminer. One that worked on Ultimate.
View attachment 249515
View attachment 249516
View attachment 249517

Have yo say, the white hair is better for this look.
Very nicely done. These are all great costumes.
Thank you, but oh man I keep messing up.. I thought that was a leg piece. We're done with Sasuke.. thankfully, and mainly thanks to you.
and yeah, I agree. I thought the white hair would work best but I had to include the other lion. The white would go better with the intended orange vest (the one I messed up). Well, I don't know how hard it is to put these pieces, but if you're in for one more correction, I've already done my work.. sorry

kabukiG.png

I have one more thing that I intend to do.. correcting the face.

Edit:
HooHA. It's done. Panchinko face cleaned :) (changed my avatar using it too)

GoMask.png

Don't worry, most probably those little specs won't show up.

Edit2:
drag0nscythe drag0nscythe Forgot about Tan Goemon. Purple hair goes with that peach/blue suit, we still don't have that :)

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Ok. that is a lot of costume ideas. I am now getting confused on which parts go where. I will post the latest I have so far.

GoemonCostumeIdeas.png

And prepare for this to expand. We will be Goemon Legion.
I also used the updated face. So much better.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Ok. that is a lot of costume ideas. I am now getting confused on which parts go where. I will post the latest I have so far.

View attachment 249683

And prepare for this to expand. We will be Goemon Legion.
I also used the updated face. So much better.
YEEESSS! There're finally here. Excellent job drag0nscythe drag0nscythe , Thanks :)
You have them all right, all the latest corrected ones. You're not missing any but 2. One you made and one that I made.

The one you made is this cool one. I really like how his suit is more anime than realistic. The hair fits too, and I wouldn't mind a blue one too. Really, I prefer yours than the original one.
Cool Goemon.png

The one I made (inspired by Goemon 4, 4-player selection is this one), which I called Tan Goemon is this one.
BUT, you forgot, he comes with a purple hair, not blue.

GA3.jpg

Last goemon.png

This hair
TGoe.png

Wish I could change his skin color too.
And that all what's left :)

However, I think the new mouth seems draping. I'll correct the face according to your image.. and hope for the best.
You don't need to go through all color alts for the new face, just a single one will do. I'll update later when I correct it.

Also, if you'd like any color alts for your Gold, Silver and Pink Goemon, let me know... I'm thinking Baby Blue for that pink one, just like Wario's.

EDIT:
Here it is :)
I've exaggerated the distance between the mouth and nose, seeing how drape it was on the head model. This however can be easily adjusted if it turned out to be not that good looking.. I have high hopes that it will though.
Hey, we're almost at perfect Goemon, you'd think we don't need to ask for him anymore.. nah, I want him in Smash even so :)
GoMask2.png

I hope none of those pesky specs shows.

EDIT2:
I think I made a perfect.. smile. But for some reason I'm unable to save it with a transparent BG! sigh
Let's first try that exaggerated smile. What looks good on an avatar doesn't necessarily look good on a 3D model. (I've used the P.Smile on my avatar).

EDIT3:
After so many tries I think I've hit the perfect Goemon (my avatar). This will be hard to judge and make for a 3D model, so unfortunately we have to put the face multiple times to get it right for the model. If you're willing to go through this drag0nscythe drag0nscythe then I don't mind it myself. Hopefully, it'll take less than 3 tries.

EDIT4:
Problem solved. I now can save with transparent BGs. But, let's first try the one I made (above) just to be sure. As again, 2D is just not like a 3D model.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
YEEESSS! There're finally here. Excellent job drag0nscythe drag0nscythe , Thanks :)
You have them all right, all the latest corrected ones. You're not missing any but 2. One you made and one that I made.

The one you made is this cool one. I really like how his suit is more anime than realistic. The hair fits too, and I wouldn't mind a blue one too. Really, I prefer yours than the original one.
View attachment 249759

The one I made (inspired by Goemon 4, 4-player selection is this one), which I called Tan Goemon is this one.
BUT, you forgot, he comes with a purple hair, not blue.

View attachment 249762
View attachment 249764

This hair
View attachment 249763

Wish I could change his skin color too.
And that all what's left :)

However, I think the new mouth seems draping. I'll correct the face according to your image.. and hope for the best.
You don't need to go through all color alts for the new face, just a single one will do. I'll update later when I correct it.

Also, if you'd like any color alts for your Gold, Silver and Pink Goemon, let me know... I'm thinking Baby Blue for that pink one, just like Wario's.

EDIT:
Here it is :)
I've exaggerated the distance between the mouth and nose, seeing how drape it was on the head model. This however can be easily adjusted if it turned out to be not that good looking.. I have high hopes that it will though.
Hey, we're almost at perfect Goemon, you'd think we don't need to ask for him anymore.. nah, I want him in Smash even so :)
View attachment 249774

I hope none of those pesky specs shows.

EDIT2:
I think I made a perfect.. smile. But for some reason I'm unable to save it with a transparent BG! sigh
Let's first try that exaggerated smile. What looks good on an avatar doesn't necessarily look good on a 3D model. (I've used the P.Smile on my avatar).

EDIT3:
After so many tries I think I've hit the perfect Goemon (my avatar). This will be hard to judge and make for a 3D model, so unfortunately we have to put the face multiple times to get it right for the model. If you're willing to go through this drag0nscythe drag0nscythe then I don't mind it myself. Hopefully, it'll take less than 3 tries.

EDIT4:
Problem solved. I now can save with transparent BGs. But, let's first try the one I made (above) just to be sure. As again, 2D is just not like a 3D model.
Our current batch. It is a good bunch. I did not port over my Ebisu, Sasuke or Yae. GoeGoe's are much better. We should promote those.

Attachments

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Our current batch. It is a good bunch. I did not port over my Ebisu, Sasuke or Yae. GoeGoe's are much better. We should promote those.
Thank you so much :)
Now, how about we correct that awkward smile.
See which of those work..
either this one
GoSmile2.png

Or this one..

GoSmile.png

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
This been out for a while..
The guy who did the Goemon figures has already done his 3D models of the egg baddies.. and he's on the go for 3D printing. No word on pricing but, expect no cheapness.
ELfJBsoU0AAxFd7.jpg

They're so good. Like they've popped right out of the anime
Btw, drag0nscythe drag0nscythe aren't you going to use those correct faces on Goemon model?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
This been out for a while..
The guy who did the Goemon figures has already done his 3D models of the egg baddies.. and he's on the go for 3D printing. No word on pricing but, expect no cheapness.
View attachment 252171

They're so good. Like they've popped right out of the anime
Btw, drag0nscythe drag0nscythe aren't you going to use those correct faces on Goemon model?
I would love to buy those figures. Let me try the Goemon head swap tonight.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I would love to buy those figures. Let me try the Goemon head swap tonight.
Would love too.. but not with their expected prices. I'm assuming they'll go for no less than $70 each ($280 for 4), and 2.5" tall max.
Love'em.. yes. Worth it.. hmm.

Thanks, much appreciated. I'll be waiting for that :)
Btw, you said you wanted to promote those alts.. how and where? or for who? Project M?

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Sup gang! This morning I got to thinking how Goemon's Final Smash would play out. Many will agree that Goemon's Final Smash would most definitely have to be Summon Impact. However, how exactly would it play out? Well, I thought of the following.

Summon Impact (Final Smash animation sequence)

When Goemon is able to perform his Final Smash, pressing B will have Goemon quickly bring out the Triton Shell. As he sounds it off, he will leave the screen and Impact will appear in the background (similar to how Bowser transforms into Giga Bowser in the background for his Final Smash). One can aim to where one wishes to attack (similar to the Impact fights in Mystical Ninja and Goemon's Great Adventure on N64), and unique to this particular Final Smash, one can enter special command inputs to perform different attacks. Pretty much the attacks one could do during the Final Smash are:

Jab = A button
Three Jab combo = A, A, A
Flaming coins = B
Super Punch = Up, Down, Up, A
Impact Beam = Up, Right, Down, Left, B

The duration of the Final Smash would be roughly the same as Bowser's, so one must choose carefully which attacks to use.

Originally I had thought of a more cinematic Final Smash, like, say Goemon sounds the Triton Shell and Impact's foot stomps the ground (this would be the Final Smash trigger). If the stomp connects with the opponent, the Final Smash would begin with Impact catching the opponent in mid-air and begins to throw a volley of punches at them (Super Punch). It then finishes by kicking the opponent away, soon afterwards firing the Impact Beam at them.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Sup gang! This morning I got to thinking how Goemon's Final Smash would play out. Many will agree that Goemon's Final Smash would most definitely have to be Summon Impact. However, how exactly would it play out? Well, I thought of the following.

Summon Impact (Final Smash animation sequence)

When Goemon is able to perform his Final Smash, pressing B will have Goemon quickly bring out the Triton Shell. As he sounds it off, he will leave the screen and Impact will appear in the background (similar to how Bowser transforms into Giga Bowser in the background for his Final Smash). One can aim to where one wishes to attack (similar to the Impact fights in Mystical Ninja and Goemon's Great Adventure on N64), and unique to this particular Final Smash, one can enter special command inputs to perform different attacks. Pretty much the attacks one could do during the Final Smash are:

Jab = A button
Three Jab combo = A, A, A
Flaming coins = B
Super Punch = Up, Down, Up, A
Impact Beam = Up, Right, Down, Left, B

The duration of the Final Smash would be roughly the same as Bowser's, so one must choose carefully which attacks to use.

Originally I had thought of a more cinematic Final Smash, like, say Goemon sounds the Triton Shell and Impact's foot stomps the ground (this would be the Final Smash trigger). If the stomp connects with the opponent, the Final Smash would begin with Impact catching the opponent in mid-air and begins to throw a volley of punches at them (Super Punch). It then finishes by kicking the opponent away, soon afterwards firing the Impact Beam at them.
Ha.. aha.. haha ha.. way ahead of ya :)
It's a given that most fans agree that Impact should be the final Smash, you got that right. (if it was only Goemon though, I think fans would love to see the rest of the gang in the final smash, similar to Mega Man) BUT, that's not what I always had in mind.. and remember, it has to be snappy (as per Sakurai's vision)

So you know I'm always for playing all 4. Interchanging between them like the N64 game (no more Ice Climbers/Pokemon Trainer 3DS excuses). That, would make Impact a certainty for a final smash.. but, here's how it can be perfected..

. . . it depends on who you're playing with. In other words, who's using the Triton shell to call Impact?
As you said, Impact will come down in the background just like Bowser and does the following according to the caller..

- If Goemon: Impact will shoot his ANG-laser (Samus/ Lucario)
- If Ebisumaru: Impact will shoot players with nostril flaming coins (one random blue sudden KO coin)
- If Yae: Impact will 100-punch players
- If Sasuke: Impact will Pipe-Bomb players

These can be either wipe all single hit, or player specific shots until time runs out.
Ain't that the dream :)

Edit: I thought of having Impact show on the foreground just like the game.. but we won't get enough of Impact that way. There're Impact fans out there.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Have you guys heard about the hidden NPCs in Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon? They're characters in the game that you spawn on the map by pressing the A, B, and C buttons all at once. So far only like 5 hidden NPCs have been found in the game: a man and his two dogs in Festival Village, a guy in Folkypoke Village next to the entrance, and a thief in Zazen Town near the Fortune Teller's place. It's very interesting since we don't know if there are more hidden NPCs out there in the game. I heard in a Oddheader video that it has been rumored in the Japanese Goemon community that there is probably several hidden NPCs in the game which makes me curious to find the others. In my last playthrough of that game, I tried that button imput to try to spawn hidden NPCs everywhere I went in the villages and outside and I haven't had any luck finding undiscovered ones. I wonder if the temples might actually have some hidden NPCs.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord

Have you guys heard about the hidden NPCs in Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon? They're characters in the game that you spawn on the map by pressing the A, B, and C buttons all at once. So far only like 5 hidden NPCs have been found in the game: a man and his two dogs in Festival Village, a guy in Folkypoke Village next to the entrance, and a thief in Zazen Town near the Fortune Teller's place. It's very interesting since we don't know if there are more hidden NPCs out there in the game. I heard in a Oddheader video that it has been rumored in the Japanese Goemon community that there is probably several hidden NPCs in the game which makes me curious to find the others. In my last playthrough of that game, I tried that button imput to try to spawn hidden NPCs everywhere I went in the villages and outside and I haven't had any luck finding undiscovered ones. I wonder if the temples might actually have some hidden NPCs.
Wow!.. No, I didn't. Good find. Thanks R RetrogamerMax

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I actually did know about this. I did not know that you could get something from purchasing the items though. That is cool.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hi-doo~!

Sorry for long-time absence from this thread - As much as Goemon getting noted by a Mii Costume was a nice gesture, I didn't entirely have much in me to celebrate it fondly.

However, I wanted to bring very fortunate news:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

It looks like the passionate dedication for Goemon-series is still living on!!! And believe me, this following will blow you away!!

We're not only getting the highly coveted Goemon 2 for SFC, but also 3 and 4 to be soon fully playable in English through fan translations!

And most incredible thing about this? We'd have most of the mainline Goemon-games finally playable all the way through from Famicom, to N64. That's going to let these games stand the test of time even better in spite of the long-running dormancy today.

I'm especially waiting on 4, after really coming to love it fondly from clearing it many years back via use of walkkthroughs.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Hi-doo~!

Sorry for long-time absence from this thread - As much as Goemon getting noted by a Mii Costume was a nice gesture, I didn't entirely have much in me to celebrate it fondly.

It looks like the passionate dedication for Goemon-series is still living on, and it's been blowing me away. We're not only getting the highly coveted Goemon 2 for SFC, but also 3 and 4 to be soon fully playable in English through fan translations!

And most incredible thing about this? We'd have most of the mainline Goemon-games finally playable all the way through from Famicom, to N64. That's going to let these games stand the test of time even better in spite of the long-running dormancy today.

I'm especially waiting on 4, after really coming to love it fondly from clearing it many years back via use of walkkthroughs.
You know, I knew of that. Not sure why it didn't occur to me to bring it here. Well anyways, here's something to celebrate Goemon 3 25th anniversary..
Don't be cheap with the likes, the guy's been doing a great job..
let's all be connected

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Hi-doo~!

It looks like the passionate dedication for Goemon-series is still living on, and it's been blowing me away. We're not only getting the highly coveted Goemon 2 for SFC, but also 3 and 4 to be soon fully playable in English through fan translations!

Yay. With those being translated, we have

Mr. Goemon (Switch Eshop)
Ganbare Goemon
Ganbare Goemon 2
Ganbare Goemon Gaiden
Ganbare Goemon Gaiden 2
Mystical Ninja (SNES)
GG2
GG3
GG4
Mystical Ninja (N64)
Goemons great adventure (N64)

That is a good list. Lets hope they do the DS one also.

Top Bottom