• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
guys..
guys..
no seriously, guys...
no no no, I'm VERY serious, GUYS
KONAMI HAS APPLIED FOR A NEW TRADEMARK "ゴエモン" (Goemon)!!!
YES, YES, YES and a Milllion YES. Y E S..
It's no just a trademark, it's THE trademark. That application is for EVERYTHING.. again, EVERYTHING. From gamesofts to stationary.. every kind of merch you can imagine.... Ohhhhhhhhh yyyeeeeaahhh
Told ya to never give up :)
Rejoice Goemon fans.. you deserve it

Edit:
This could be a translation error but it even includes diaper pads.. literary EVERYTHING. You know what that mean (I hope).. FULL revival. I know I should be cautious about my hype but boy I can't contain it :)

Last edited:

Abdulito

Smash Rookie
Hey!

I just registered in this forum because I followed this thread since the announce of the mii costume for Goemon. I reacted wildly and I thought I was the only one. Now that I saw the trademark registered I had to come here and rejoice with you my boys.

DA-DA-DASH!!!

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Hey!

I just registered in this forum because I followed this thread since the announce of the mii costume for Goemon. I reacted wildly and I thought I was the only one. Now that I saw the trademark registered I had to come here and rejoice with you my boys.

DA-DA-DASH!!!
(you can stop playing the video at 0:13.. tried, didn't work)

Hello Abdulito Abdulito and welcome to the Goemon thread (the only good place in this forum.. for real). Lead by drag0nscythe drag0nscythe .
First, if you'd like, ask drag0nscythe drag0nscythe to add you to the list of supporters.. we can't get enough of these.
Second, DA-DA-DASH!!! indeed.. not sure what's keeping the base on disbelief after this trademark application, but I still want Goemon to join Smash as a fighter.. the next Fighter's pass. Keep asking Konami, things are goe-ing Goemon side now :)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
guys..
guys..
no seriously, guys...
no no no, I'm VERY serious, GUYS
KONAMI HAS APPLIED FOR A NEW TRADEMARK "ゴエモン" (Goemon)!!!
YES, YES, YES and a Milllion YES. Y E S..
It's no just a trademark, it's THE trademark. That application is for EVERYTHING.. again, EVERYTHING. From gamesofts to stationary.. every kind of merch you can imagine.... Ohhhhhhhhh yyyeeeeaahhh
Told ya to never give up :)
Rejoice Goemon fans.. you deserve it

Edit:
This could be a translation error but it even includes diaper pads.. literary EVERYTHING. You know what that mean (I hope).. FULL revival. I know I should be cautious about my hype but boy I can't contain it :)
I'm going to cry a tsunami if we get new Goemon game or get our boi in Smash for realz. :cry:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I'm going to cry a tsunami if we get new Goemon game or get our boi in Smash for realz. :cry:
Just point that wave into the ocean :p
Well I've been telling you all.. keep asking.
We're not stopping, we still want him in Smash as a fighter.. we're aiming to ask for that for the next Fighter's Pass.
We of course want to have a new game and a collection too.
Stretching that dream, figures, amiibos.. etc. are more than welcome too :)

Edit:
Again, if anyone's interested in helping, we're still working on the moves. Figuring it out and putting it in a decent template.
It's fairly easy but a lot of work, as we have to figure and put moves for 4 characters.
All of which have a similar FS and joined by Down + B, a poof bomb.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Just point that wave into the ocean :p
Well I've been telling you all.. keep asking.
We're not stopping, we still want him in Smash as a fighter.. we're aiming to ask for that for the next Fighter's Pass.
We of course want to have a new game and a collection too.
Stretching that dream, figures, amiibos.. etc. are more than welcome too :)
Yes! The whole world must experience this Goemon phenomenon. :awesome:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
*Plays I am Impact*

Now those sure are good news. About time Konami brought back Ganbare Goemon to the limelight. :shades:
http://gametyrant.com/news/konami-renews-the-goemon-trademark-will-he-return-soon

I copped the Mr. Goemon game once it released on the Nintendo eShop (every contribution counts).

Now, something I thought of this morning; despite a Goemon Mii Costume having been added to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, I find it weird. For a game such as Ultimate, which could be considered The Gaming Hall of Fame, one would think that guest companies (Square Enix, Capcom, SEGA, etc.) would offer characters from their most important and long-running franchises, right? Thinking on Konami right now, they have two of their most emblematic franchises represented in the game (those being Castlevania via Simon and Richter, and Metal Gear via Snake). Then however bringing Goemon as simply a Mii Costume seems off. The Ganbare Goemon series (despite not having much activity for a few years now) is one of Konami's emblematic (if not THE most important) video game franchise they have. Over 30 titles released throughout the span of Ganbare Goemon's history dating back to the early arcade era. Thinking about how unique the franchise is, and all the details one can appreciate in said games (ESPECIALLY the Edo Japan folkloric references, and legit hilarious dialogue from the N64 games), it feels VERY off that Goemon be included in Ultimate as a simple Mii Costume.

With the announcement of more DLC fighters coming after the pass, I'm leaving room for hope for our Hero of Justice. And with Konami supposedly renewing the Goemon trademark, there's no way they can afford to miss this opportunity. Sure, they got the Mii costume in, but a Fighter + stage + music would serve better to enlightening gamers unfamiliar with the series of its charm and history.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
*Plays I am Impact*

Now those sure are good news. About time Konami brought back Ganbare Goemon to the limelight. :shades:
http://gametyrant.com/news/konami-renews-the-goemon-trademark-will-he-return-soon

I copped the Mr. Goemon game once it released on the Nintendo eShop (every contribution counts).

Now, something I thought of this morning; despite a Goemon Mii Costume having been added to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, I find it weird. For a game such as Ultimate, which could be considered The Gaming Hall of Fame, one would think that guest companies (Square Enix, Capcom, SEGA, etc.) would offer characters from their most important and long-running franchises, right? Thinking on Konami right now, they have two of their most emblematic franchises represented in the game (those being Castlevania via Simon and Richter, and Metal Gear via Snake). Then however bringing Goemon as simply a Mii Costume seems off. The Ganbare Goemon series (despite not having much activity for a few years now) is one of Konami's emblematic (if not THE most important) video game franchise they have. Over 30 titles released throughout the span of Ganbare Goemon's history dating back to the early arcade era. Thinking about how unique the franchise is, and all the details one can appreciate in said games (ESPECIALLY the Edo Japan folkloric references, and legit hilarious dialogue from the N64 games), it feels VERY off that Goemon be included in Ultimate as a simple Mii Costume.

With the announcement of more DLC fighters coming after the pass, I'm leaving room for hope for our Hero of Justice. And with Konami supposedly renewing the Goemon trademark, there's no way they can afford to miss this opportunity. Sure, they got the Mii costume in, but a Fighter + stage + music would serve better to enlightening gamers unfamiliar with the series of its charm and history.
It's entirely possible that it just didn't occur to anyone to suggest Goemon, and the focus was on bringing in the Belmonts. One would hope that Sakurai even heard of Goemon getting 4 games in the West way back in the 90s, otherwise he'd mistakenly think it's Japan-only...

Also, we don't know how many people supported him during the ballot, and fan poll results are skewed anyway.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's entirely possible that it just didn't occur to anyone to suggest Goemon, and the focus was on bringing in the Belmonts. One would hope that Sakurai even heard of Goemon getting 4 games in the West way back in the 90s, otherwise he'd mistakenly think it's Japan-only...

Also, we don't know how many people supported him during the ballot, and fan poll results are skewed anyway.
Well, Sakurai might know about the 4 US released Goemon games as the Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon logo popped up alongside the Smash logo during his Mii costume reveal in both the NoA and European translations of that Direct. Sakurai mentioned in that same Direct about the GBA Banjo-Kazooie games which, were both never released in Japan. I'm pretty sure he knows about the 4 US released Goemon games since It's much more popular and well known over there in Japan.

That is true we don't know how many people voted for Goemon in the Smash Ballot. Hell! We don't even know how many people exactly voted for :ultsnake:, :ultbayonetta:, :ultridley:, :ultkrool:, :ultbanjokazooie:, Geno, Isaac, Shantae, and other popular requested characters. For all we know, Goku or Sora could have beaten them all.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
*Plays I am Impact*

You guys are killing me right now..
What have I been saying all this time in my previous comments!?
We have not stopped wanting Goemon, and we want him in the next Fighter's Pass. Yes, we're very thankful for the MiiC consideration, but that doesn't cut it for us. We're aiming to get him in the next FP.
With respect to all inclusions, desires and suggestions, aside from Pac-Man, Mega Man and Sonic, none makes sense more than Goemon (1986, nuff said)
Anyway, adding a few things here, 36 games not counting ports and cameos or that would hit 60+ easy (Someone tell me how Banjo made it over this). Goemon was THE Konami mascot for a long bit of their history (Don't think anyone took that job offer after him).
Well, you can help in various ways.. but the most important one, keep asking. Konami Us, EU and Japan. Just keep asking, in every social port you have. Whether it's a new game, a collection or a fighter in the next FP. that's all to it

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
This is not totally related but, anyone worried about COPPA law and how it might affect game videos. Smash, Goemon for example?

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
What is this?
I'm not a content creator at YouTube, but if I were I'd be really worried.
The story in short: YT collected data from kid viewers for their ads. For that they were fined $42,000.00 for each video by FTC, totaling a $175 Mil. fine. (according to the newly revised COPPA law, child something protection program).. and that was with settlement. Apparently that made YT go bananas. Not wanting to loose more, they're shutting their doors hard.
By that this will happen, and be aware the law description of "kids" videos is extremely vague AND it touches every single YT user.
You have to mark your videos "for kids" if they were, every single one of'em. When you do, it means, no comments, no notification, 90% less revenue, not savable .. etc. (the list goes on). IF you don't mark your videos for kids and it was, then you risk your channel to shut down.
Some think this might not reach'em and they're safe BUT, kids videos includes about every game video, toys video.. anything that's directed to kids.. meaning, Smash videos are definitely one of those. Remember, no comments, so even video that are there not for the money can't get feedback from users.
It's messed up..
If by any chance you're affected, you like a channel that will, or you simply think that's too wrong, then..
help by either signing the petition most YT creators are signing, and send the FTC a comment (this will greatly help). deadline Dec. 9th.
YT will force the law on Jan. 1st 2020.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm not a content creator at YouTube, but if I were I'd be really worried.
The story in short: YT collected data from kid viewers for their ads. For that they were fined $42,000.00 for each video by FTC, totaling a $175 Mil. fine. (according to the newly revised COPPA law, child something protection program).. and that was with settlement. Apparently that made YT go bananas. Not wanting to loose more, they're shutting their doors hard.
By that this will happen, and be aware the law description of "kids" videos is extremely vague AND it touches every single YT user.
You have to mark your videos "for kids" if they were, every single one of'em. When you do, it means, no comments, no notification, 90% less revenue, not savable .. etc. (the list goes on). IF you don't mark your videos for kids and it was, then you risk your channel to shut down.
Some think this might not reach'em and they're safe BUT, kids videos includes about every game video, toys video.. anything that's directed to kids.. meaning, Smash videos are definitely one of those. Remember, no comments, so even video that are there not for the money can't get feedback from users.
It's messed up..
If by any chance you're affected, you like a channel that will, or you simply think that's too wrong, then..
help by either signing the petition most YT creators are signing, and send the FTC a comment (this will greatly help). deadline Dec. 9th.
YT will force the law on Jan. 1st 2020.
What a ****** law.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As a bonus, here's a piece that z0mbiraptor did earlier for Ninja November.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Do check out the rest of his work though, it's pretty good.

As for the elephant in the room, I'll just leave this here:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
As for the elephant in the room, I'll just leave this here:

That's still vague. It is giving a bit of room, but again, not clear enough. It's so grey most videos still can be labeled both, for and not for kids. How would a content creator explain that to YT or FTC? would anyone risk being fined $42000 on that grey labeling?

Also,
Come on guys. Give that NinN Smash art some likes. Our boy didn't get as much as the others, hard to prove a point when you're that low. We're even loosing to a penguin.. A PENGUIN. (Prinny's good, but not as Goemon)

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Here. have some Hi res Goemon Costume ideas.View attachment 248552
Why I can't give this more than one Like!? Boy I love you so much right now.. MAN, our dream is an inch away. I so want to kick it in.
Is it possible to color these myself? Well for now let me provide more accurate Ebisumaru and Yae colors.

So noting (if possible), Yae and Ebisumaru have no other colors in their suit, it's just plain purple or plain sky-blue. Also, both their nets are black.
I like the 2nd one, despite I believe it was black or dark-brown. And I have another green suggestion than Sasuke. Slippers, same as Goemon. Suit, green and yellow, hair, all black. Laces, green. The green is the same as Sasuke's.

GoeCC.png

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
def_goemon_m_001_col.png

I am modifying this texture. This is the entire outfit. If you know photo shop. Go nuts.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
View attachment 248614

I am modifying this texture. This is the entire outfit. If you know photo shop. Go nuts.
Not that much but I can find my way in. Why are there many pieces for the sock?
Also, just making sure, I have to modify it as is, right? meaning, everything exactly the place it was, right?

and, a friend had this to share..
GA1.jpg

GA2.jpg

GA3.jpg

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Not that much but I can find my way in. Why are there many pieces for the sock?
Also, just making sure, I have to modify it as is, right? meaning, everything exactly the place it was, right?

and, a friend had this to share..
View attachment 248699
View attachment 248700
View attachment 248701
The model itself has the grey sock piece alone. But then the shoe strap has three separate textures for the right, left and middle strap. Oo. More colors. Lets look at them.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
The model itself has the grey sock piece alone. But then the shoe strap has three separate textures for the right, left and middle strap. Oo. More colors. Lets look at them.
I meant the white pieces. I know the blue ones are for the slipper strap, but those white ones. I'm guessing they're for the sock and the greay one is the shade of that sock.
and yeah, new official in-game colors.. even a cool tanned Goemon :)

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
One can love both Banjo and Goemon.
Then by all means, do call for Goemon as hard. We need him in the next Fighter's Pass, and we'll take all the help we can get.
Ask drag0nscythe drag0nscythe to list you in our supporters list :)

Edit: drag0nscythe drag0nscythe , May you kindly put this one on a model, and if possible, with a totally black hair. This is what I meant by my previous comment.
Now, whoever know why this palette, is a deeply true Goemon fan (it's a hard one though).

Alt1.png

And to my fellow Goemon fans here, since I got everything ready to mod the suit in any color of your choosing. Just give me your suggestion and I'll post it for you :) I'll try to work on other official patterns too.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Then by all means, do call for Goemon as hard. We need him in the next Fighter's Pass, and we'll take all the help we can get.
Ask drag0nscythe drag0nscythe to list you in our supporters list :)

Edit: drag0nscythe drag0nscythe , May you kindly put this one on a model, and if possible, with a totally black hair. This is what I meant by my previous comment.
Now, whoever know why this palette, is a deeply true Goemon fan (it's a hard one though).

View attachment 248720

And to my fellow Goemon fans here, since I got everything ready to mod the suit in any color of your choosing. Just give me your suggestion and I'll post it for you :) I'll try to work on other official patterns too.
1575064161557.png

1575064686870.png

oh and
hat_goemon_col.png

This is the hair mesh

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Lloyd has been deconfirmed to be FP5 by Sabi and her sources. Right now it's literally anyone's game for FP5.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
What can I say..
I made other alts if you're interested, I'll post'em here later.
That green one you made has an origin, but it's a hard one to figure, even by Goemon Japanese fans. Props to whoever do :)
Lloyd has been deconfirmed to be FP5 by Sabi and her sources. Right now it's literally anyone's game for FP5.
Who's left that might interest me.. hmm. Sparkster, Marina, Bonk and Klonoa. Of course nothing would compare to Goemon being playable.
Here is to hoping the Goemon costume was just a test.
Long shot. But here is to hoping.
Oh we're hoping for sure.. but, we're not standing still. Some plans are on the move.. maybe it'll help our chances at that :)

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
What can I say..
I made other alts if you're interested, I'll post'em here later.
That green one you made has an origin, but it's a hard one to figure, even by Goemon Japanese fans. Props to whoever do :)
Who's left that might interest me.. hmm. Sparkster, Marina, Bonk and Klonoa. Of course nothing would compare to Goemon being playable.
Oh we're hoping for sure.. but, we're not standing still. Some plans are on the move.. maybe it'll help our chances at that :)
Post away. We can make a huge compilation of all the different costume ideas. Send them to The tekken guy. Maybe he will get made and then pass the image to Sakurai, saying dont make this character. But in reality, Sakurai will see how cool they all really are and decided to make him a character.

Top Bottom