• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

GoeGoe

Smash Lord

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Does any of you guys play good.. like REALLY good?
I thought since Sakurai's team watch high tier players, the cheapest way to promote Goemon and show the desire for him to be playable is get him under Sakurai's nose. And that's by topping all the others with Goemon :)
If none of you can, do you know somone who can do this pleasing favor? I mean it's basically just "play" to top.
It would be cool if a known name was using him too.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Unrelated, but continuing my last post just in case..

View attachment 236607
Ponytail, female and with a flying pet weapon. (this is a new art)
This is a better call for Goemon fans than Terry Bogard.

Oh and a Direct's coming up tomorrow.. brace yourselves

EDIT: That female ponytail.. could it be, female Terry?
Oh please no..
Just want to say, Rumors are that She is the 5th dlc character.
Sooo. We called it here first?

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Just want to say, Rumors are that She is the 5th dlc character.
Sooo. We called it here first?
If it happens.
Arle btw is the only character that has as much history as Goemon. Unfortunately our buddy fails in being as recent, probably why the Mii costume.
My guess for the 5th currently though is Geno. Though honestly, I lost my care.. characters and Smash altogether, unless I get a playable Goemon (or a few of my older wishes which will never happen), the game somehow lost its shine to me. But who knows, let's wait and see.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Bought this for my birthday
Congrats and..
Happy Birthday :)
Yo, why haven't I thought of making the eyebrows into his red markings. Ha, nice thinking.
Well, hope you enjoy every second of it.

Man, I still can't believe this is real and it actually happened. Got some fans to be very thankful for. I/we still want him playable though

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Guys, Famitsu just announced that Mr. Goemon (our hero's first ever game) will be released on the Nintendo Switch, Oct. 31st.. that's TOMORROW.
It was released on Playstation Network a long while back, but being on the Switch is hopefully a road to something.
So just so you know, it'll be digital and most probably on eshop Japan, so you'll need to have/create a Japanese account + some Japanese coins. Also (and unfortunately) it seems it'll be priced similarly to its PSN price of $7.99.. yeah I know, not cheap for a digital game that old. As of yet I'm not sure if it'll release on other eshops. It's a long road to claim that Mr. Goemon, but if you're willing.. tomorrow is your day :)

Here's the article link: https://www.famitsu.com/news/201910/30186003.html

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Guys, Famitsu just announced that Mr. Goemon (our hero's first ever game) will be released on the Nintendo Switch, Oct. 31st.. that's TOMORROW.
It was released on Playstation Network a long while back, but being on the Switch is hopefully a road to something.
So just so you know, it'll be digital and most probably on eshop Japan, so you'll need to have/create a Japanese account + some Japanese coins. Also (and unfortunately) it seems it'll be priced similarly to its PSN price of $7.99.. yeah I know, not cheap for a digital game that old. As of yet I'm not sure if it'll release on other eshops. It's a long road to claim that Mr. Goemon, but if you're willing.. tomorrow is your day :)

Here's the article link: https://www.famitsu.com/news/201910/30186003.html

YES!!! :bluejump:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Glad someone's happy about it.
As some understandably aren't because it's not a Konami move. It's totally an Arcade Archives (owned by Hamster Corporation/the publisher).
Sorry if that bursts any bubbles, but I have to be clear about this. It may lead to nothing.. sorry guys.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
There was one character I feared might take Goemon place. Being older and more known in the west. Apparently (according to some leaks), seems my fears were true. Since Konami is aiming heavily on west (or Global) appeal, marketing their approach by older IPs, Goemon has a hard time fighting that.. so, seems Frogger is an upcoming Smash Konami character. I have nothing against Frogger, and can't deny how iconic he is. Also being Konami's first mascot.. boy, you know why Goemon fell. Well, I do believe there's a chance, a slight chance.. if we show more demand (that's actually asked by Japanese companies).
So guys, another Smash is not coming any time soon.. definitely one that might include Goemon. If you want him now, don't waste any time, it's now or never, keep asking Sakurai and Konami.. hard. I mean REAL hard.
Don't say that doesn't work, because it seems Geno is the 5th. (been guessing that for a long while)..
Don't know what else to say.. you truly want it, work for it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
There was one character I feared might take Goemon place. Being older and more known in the west. Apparently (according to some leaks), seems my fears were true. Since Konami is aiming heavily on west (or Global) appeal, marketing their approach by older IPs, Goemon has a hard time fighting that.. so, seems Frogger is an upcoming Smash Konami character. I have nothing against Frogger, and can't deny how iconic he is. Also being Konami's first mascot.. boy, you know why Goemon fell. Well, I do believe there's a chance, a slight chance.. if we show more demand (that's actually asked by Japanese companies).
So guys, another Smash is not coming any time soon.. definitely one that might include Goemon. If you want him now, don't waste any time, it's now or never, keep asking Sakurai and Konami.. hard. I mean REAL hard.
Don't say that doesn't work, because it seems Geno is the 5th. (been guessing that for a long while)..
Don't know what else to say.. you truly want it, work for it.
While I won't deny Frogger deserves a slot in the roster, I just think Goemon would be a better fighter to put in Smash overall: character wise, moveset wise, music wise, and stage wise.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
While I won't deny Frogger deserves a slot in the roster, I just think Goemon would be a better fighter to put in Smash overall: character wise, moveset wise, music wise, and stage wise.
I do too but you're talking to a Goemon fan here, if it was up to me I'd put 4 slots for the whole gang and be done with it.
I also do not buy into that rumor. Lets wait and see.
That's all we have.

Well, we're working on something and we need an "almost" easy task that can only be asked here.. so here goes..
On the basis of having the whole gang playable, using a special to poof between the 4 (just like the Pokemon trainer). We need a list of every single move, debated and done. that is, we need a set of moves that every Goemon fan would feel it's a good one. Can you guys help us with this list?
I figure that a single character would need something 40-ish moves (including everything from taunts to specials).
So, who can help? don't worry, it'll build up easily. We need it arranged and definitely if possible, referenced.

There're generals that all agree upon. like Impact as FS, Goemon Super Sayain, Yae canon.. etc.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Down B has to be Poof. So we need to think of Up B, Neutral B and Forward B.
If we are assuming unique moves for each, then

Up B:
Goemon : Super Goemon
Ebisumaru : Grapple Hook
Yae: Mermaid Somersault Kick
Sasuke : Super Jump

Forward B:
Goemon: Giant tiger rush down (Move from Goemon SNES)
Ebisumaru: Megaphone Speaker
Yae: Robot Body Rush Smash (The mech suit from GG3) - like Banjos wonder wing
Sasuke: Throwing Kunai, Freeze Kunai

Neutral B:
Goemon: Ryu toss / Medal of Flames
Ebisumaru: Ninja Stars
Yae: Yae Canon
Sasuke: Bomb Toss

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Agree on Down B being the poof move as that's how the bomb is thrown, but those neutral Bs, I'd rather them be smash attacks, because each of those are chargeable. so..
Forward Smash (assuming the ones you mentioned are tilt/regular Smashes :
Goemon: Triple Ryu or Medal of Flame (Big flaming ryu)
Ebisumaru: Concrete Megaphone
Yae: Triple shot canon
Sasuke: .. umm.. was it big bomb or triple bomb :p

Edit: wait, that contradicts with your FB Ebisu move.. hmm
btw, we still need to figure tilt, crouch and air moves. taunts too.

ok ok, we need to spread each's move first.. soo, Goemon has
- Kiseru (bronze, silver, gold).
- chain kiseru
- flaming chain kiseru
- coin toss
- triple coin toss
- quintuple coin toss
- flaming big coin toss
- tiger rush
- superman
- super sayain
- spark shock
- kabuki dance
- spike yoyo
That's what I could think of for now (for Goemon), I'll be back for more.
We sure do need to put these in an organized list.. with images too.
Goemon has some ninjitsu attacks too (earthquake, thunder.. etc.), but I think including those would be too much.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Wow! That's awesome, thanks for sharing. Project M, when?
It would be nice to see somebody edit that model into a full Goemon model. It would look better that way besides it just being a Mii costume.

Edit: I think I know someone on these forums that can do the job. Let me ask him if he will do it for us.
Oh yes, please do. *drools*

Meanwhile we'll keep working on the gang moves. We'll prove to Sakurai that he's the most fun to play with.. all of them.
This set of moves has to be done once and for all.

Edit:

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
drag0nscythe drag0nscythe I just talked to Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt about if he could edit that Mii costume into a full Goemon model and he said he was busy. But ask me if he could double the poly count, upscaled the textures, and mush the N64 face on the face of the model instead. And I said we will probably appreciate that. Does that sound good to you drag0nscythe drag0nscythe ?

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
drag0nscythe drag0nscythe Thanks for sharing.
R RetroGamer Beggers can't be chooser, so sure thing. Use my avatar if you'd like too. OR, he could simply rip the pachisuru face..
Would something like this help?
PachiGo.png

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
View attachment 246247

His head would look like that.
It's better than nothing, but can the poly count be increased, to get rid of those wrinkles?
Can we use vector face texture, so his expressions don't look pixely?
I know not much about 3D modeling, I'm guessing the head would be pushed down later. Neck-less Goemon.

Edit: Forgot to mention that he's missing his ears too.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
View attachment 246247

His head would look like that.
Not too shabby. :smirk:

It's better than nothing, but can the poly count be increased, to get rid of those wrinkles?
Can we use vector face texture, so his expressions don't look pixely?
I know not much about 3D modeling, I'm guessing the head would be pushed down later. Neck-less Goemon.

Edit: Forgot to mention that he's missing his ears too.
Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt said he can double the poly count, so probably yes.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Yes, that's much better... and, did the face get smoother too? Yeah it seems that way :)
Neck is out too. Great, now there's not much else to do.. maybe smoothing his mouth and rounding his pupils a bit more, and that'd be it :)

Umm, will we be able to make him toss coins and change his moves later?

EDIT: Wait, one more thing.. I know even in my avatar the nose looks like a "V" but is should be oval, just like the pachinko art I posted earlier. Soo..
- Mouth smoothing
- Pupils rounding
- Nose ovaling (if that's a word)

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure it probably can't. Being a model from a game 2 generations later might mean the poly count would be too high to put into the game.
Thought so.. man..
Well, it's great we have a clean model for a change.
Abuse it to promote Goemon to the fullest I say :)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Thought so.. man..
Well, it's great we have a clean model for a change.
Abuse it to promote Goemon to the fullest I say :)
That's really all we can do at the moment. God if I could mod, I would mod the whole Goemon gang into Brawl with their movesets, Impact robots as their Final Smashes, victory animations, and sound clips respectfully.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
That's really all we can do at the moment. God if I could mod, I would mod the whole Goemon gang into Brawl with their movesets, Impact robots as their Final Smashes, victory animations, and sound clips respectfully.
We all have our Mystical wishes & dreams..
For now, I think the best course of action is to keep asking Konami for a new game (or collection). We tried with another Japanese company and they said, keep asking and show demand is the way to get your requests. So, we're doing just that for Goemon.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
We all have our Mystical wishes & dreams..
For now, I think the best course of action is to keep asking Konami for a new game (or collection). We tried with another Japanese company and they said, keep asking and show demand is the way to get your requests. So, we're doing just that for Goemon.
I'm afraid the demand isn't enough... At least the west that is. Japan though loves Goemon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom