• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
So, how do you guys feel about the forthcoming Blazing Chrome. To be perfectly honest, I'd rather play that than the upcoming Contra.
I think I had seen an announcement trailer for this game before. Looks great. :surprised: Indeed would play this over the new Contra. Those graphics... oof.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
So Sakurai says that one of the reasons Banjo got in was the high fan demand.
So please, keep calling for Goemon and never give up.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Great News:
Ship To Shore PhonoCo. just tweeted they're planning to release a Mystical Ninja Vinyl record!
our hero is getting some good love lately.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
If I could get Goemon I would have my two favorite N64 heroes in smash.
If I could get Goemon I would have my two favorite NES heroes in smash. Rockman & Goemon.
Though I'd say the 64 game was one of its best

papagenos papagenos , I think I know who the next DLC character is. Actually the next 3.. yes, I said 3. (it's a possibility).
If you're ever summoned, know you're in the Mystical Ninja realm. A praise and a shout out in a video is the coins we deal with here. Care to know?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
If I could get Goemon I would have my two favorite NES heroes in smash. Rockman & Goemon.
Though I'd say the 64 game was one of its best

papagenos papagenos , I think I know who the next DLC character is. Actually the next 3.. yes, I said 3. (it's a possibility).
If you're ever summoned, know you're in the Mystical Ninja realm. A praise and a shout out in a video is the coins we deal with here. Care to know?
I am a fan of mystical ninja, played it a lot on the SNES as a kid! I always liked that the first boss was similar to agahnim from zelda with hitting the energy back at them. also the N64 games are great too!

Who do you think the next "3" are? Why do you think there will be 3 more? and Where are you getting this info?

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I am a fan of mystical ninja, played it a lot on the SNES as a kid! I always liked that the first boss was similar to agahnim from zelda with hitting the energy back at them. also the N64 games are great too!

Who do you think the next "3" are? Why do you think there will be 3 more? and Where are you getting this info?
Well I'm glad you're a fan. Not many mention him as a possibility. Anyway, for the next DLC, How about a DM? As it'll take a little bit more talking and explaining out of this thread purpose.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Before you start your private convo with papagenos papagenos , does it have anything to do with the WOL datamine that was found a while back?
Part of it the data mined, yes. Not specifically WoL.
May I know why you're asking? Do you have a clue who it is?
In anyway, don't worry, I'll tell you all if you want to. Anything for Goemon fans.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Part of it the data mined, yes. Not specifically WoL.
May I know why you're asking? Do you have a clue who it is?
In anyway, don't worry, I'll tell you all if you want to. Anything for Goemon fans.
The 16 slots thing. But nah I think it's best if you say what you have to say to papa first, it can wait.

By the way, Blazing Chrome is out and it's an awesome Contra tribute, as expected.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
The 16 slots thing. But nah I think it's best if you say what you have to say to papa first, it can wait.

By the way, Blazing Chrome is out and it's an awesome Contra tribute, as expected.
No, it doesn't have anything to do with that. Ok, waiting to see how this goes.
Blazing Chrome is on my radar, looks cool, that's why I'm wishing for a physical ;)

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Welp, since we're done. To him it sounded like a good theory, so it might or might not make it to a video. My guess goes to Arle Nadja (yeah, I wish it was Goemon). I've explained it in details, in short though, she fits the demand of fans and Nintendo, long history, female, looks like a warrior, has a flying weapon, companion theory, ponytail and the code Jane.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm back guys! And without stages, I'm sorry. :(

Welp, since we're done. To him it sounded like a good theory, so it might or might not make it to a video. My guess goes to Arle Nadja (yeah, I wish it was Goemon). I've explained it in details, in short though, she fits the demand of fans and Nintendo, long history, female, looks like a warrior, has a flying weapon, companion theory, ponytail and the code Jane.
I would like to hear your full theory GoeGoe. DM me.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
...Okay. Any specific reason you know we'll have a third character after the next 2 pass characters right away? You can PM me about it, I suppose. It's interesting that a scrapped skin for Joker can somehow be used for Arle, I'm not sure I understand that fully.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I'm back guys! And without stages, I'm sorry. :(
I would like to hear your full theory GoeGoe. DM me.
WE'RE OUR STAAGEESS! XD (jk). It's ok man, welcome back.
...Okay. Any specific reason you know we'll have a third character after the next 2 pass characters right away? You can PM me about it, I suppose. It's interesting that a scrapped skin for Joker can somehow be used for Arle, I'm not sure I understand that fully.
No no no, I didn't say I know. I'm merely speculating. A 3rd DLCs is the weakest theory (so far) in my speculation. My bad if it sounded like that.
Huh? I never knew about that scrapped skin. Where did you get that from?

So how about I just post it right here? (if drag0nscythe drag0nscythe allows it). It's not all Arle actually.. it's why I HOPE Goemon is the 4th DLC. I mean if there's any hope left, there's no better timing than Tokyo game Show to announce it. And if Arle is to be a fighter then so should Goemon. There's no excuse after Banjo.

If not allowed I'll just DM you guys.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

No no no, I didn't say I know. I'm merely speculating. A 3rd DLCs is the weakest theory (so far) in my speculation. My bad if it sounded like that.

So how about I just post it right here? (if drag0nscythe drag0nscythe allows it). It's not all Arle actually.. it's why I HOPE Goemon is the 4th DLC. I mean if there's any hope left, there's no better timing than Tokyo game Show to announce it. And if Arle is to be a fighter then so should Goemon. There's no excuse after Banjo.

Well, my hunch says that Kasumi was once going to be a Joker alt, but got removed for unknown reasons. Joker fans are banking super-hard on her becoming playable simply because Joker won't have her as an alt, but I don't think it's that simple.

Go ahead, but don't feel burned if it doesn't come true in the end. I'm just glad you'll just post it here, it'd get laughed off in most threads anyway.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

Go nuts.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
<3

Ok, so I'll reform it for an easier read (This is for Goemon fans everywhere):

It didn't help that I wasn't familiar with the series, but it certainly has its fan base. An old series with over 25 games that stretches from 1991 up until last year (2018). That is, it's still relevant (although not a criterion anymore). I actually came across it searching for a match to those leaked data, and it passed me because the art style didn't show it clearly.. but now it's so clear..

The character I'm talking about is Arle for Puyo Puyo series

So ok, remember this guys.. (my sole hope of Goemon).

That's the only ballot chart that you can be somewhat trusted (by PushDustin). As you can see, almost all "sensible" characters got in. Either as Playable, Assist or Mii costume. The rest, here's my honest opinion, putting in mind that as far as we know, all DLCs will be from franchises that doesn't already exist in Smash. (Warning: not for the faint of heart):
  1. Dixie: Mostly a clone of Diddy. Not gonna happen for a purchased DLC. (an existing series too).
  2. Paper Mario: Another Mario. maybe another Smash (thanks to the many Links) but not this one, not a DLC material. (not 3rd and arguably an existing series too).
  3. Waddle Dee: If he's ever in, then sakurai would've done it a long time ago, so, no, he's not in. Also, Kirby's been pushed enough in Smash as is. (not 3rd and an existing series too).
  4. Goemon: I wish.. I have my indications, and I think or believe to a degree that he might be one of those last two DLCs. I hoping the 4th.
  5. Geno, Chorus and Jibanyan: This is what's starting my 3 theory, add to it the amiibo theory, added spaces (16) and extra slots that happened and of course that one leak that said that (could be fake). Plus a few things I came across. I'll leave this for another time, if ever. I'll say though, I don't see Nintendo helping Jibanyan as it's crushing Pokemon in Japan. Chorus, Geno.. another time.
So, back to subject. Why didn't I put an excuse to exclude Arle like the rest?.. well, because..

She's the ponytail everyone's been looking for (see the image. Other images didn't show the ponytail clearly. that's why I passed her at first). She might not be known to many in the west, but she's certainly demanded in it and very much wanted in Japan. A very similar situation to our hero, Goemon.

Also, didn't that Japanese leaker (Milk something) say the female looked like she's from a fighting game? or like a fighter?.. well, yes, she does. Her old looks. Almost like a Soul Calibur fighter.. a cute one though.

The ponytail is still there in her old look btw, but it's not showing clearly from this angle..

Alsot, that same leaker said she had a flying weapon? or flying something? Well, she would. I've been looking into most of her moves and it seems she's mostly about magic attacks.. but those are the things that'll be flying..

POYUs. and especially those.. you know why? because Nintendo had their eyes on Tetris for a long time, and Poyu Poyu Champions Vs Tetris (or something) is on the Nintendo Switch.. nah, not just because of that. It's because the asset is already there in Smash (well, not yet technically). Anyone recall the Hero's "Slime" taunt? Poyus are basically Slimes with different eyes.. so basically her "flying" attack has already been worked at.

Also, well despite not believing that theory, it bodes well with the companion theory (check the 2nd image, that pikaHi something pet). *note: companion theory doesn't bode well with Goemon. That's why I don't believe in it :p

One last thing, the datamined code name Jane.. well..
Her full name is Arle Nadja.. that's in the west. In Japan here name is Aruru Naja.
To code it, in the usual Japanese way, flipping letters.. Na and Ja (Na is one letter in Japanese, so is Ja), becomes Jana. If we keep it that way however, it's still very obvious and easily recognized, they sound similar. Naja & Jana. So, with a little play.. Jana become Jane (Ne is also a single letter in Japanese). That's how I believe the coding went.

I think no other fighter complies to those leaks and mined data as much as this choice.

Of course the most sensible of them all will always be Goemon imho.

Final note: the P.Genos last video somewhat proves my 3 theory, or that Geno is the last fighter to be announced. I don't want him 5th (or anywhere, I can have sasuke XD). So, maybe it'll go like this.. Goemon, Arle then Geno. A final surprise.. maybe it's free too. Who knows?
I personally only care for Goemon and I have no other wishes... currently.

Well, what do you think guys?

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
The amiibo theory I believe is that the amiibo disconfirm.

Good game !
the amiibo theory speculates more fighter slots
Sorry, I don't get what's the good game? Aruru Naja is her name. Poyu Poyu is the game name.

YsDisciple YsDisciple Why behind a spoilers curtain?
Check this Bismaru goodness ;) (the artists is looking for any kind of support btw. a Like, follow or any type of that stuff you see fit).

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
the amiibo theory speculates more fighter slots
Sorry, I don't get what's the good game? Aruru Naja is her name. Poyu Poyu is the game name.

YsDisciple YsDisciple Why behind a spoilers curtain?
Check this Bismaru goodness ;) (the artists is looking for any kind of support btw. a Like, follow or any type of that stuff you see fit).
"Ohhohohohohoho!!!" Sick Bismaru remix. Who is the name of the artist who made this fine remix?

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Thanks. You're awesome GoeGoe. ;)

Quick question: Are you Japanese or did you just learn the language at some point?
YOU'RE awesome.
Umm, may I refrain from answering that? I'll say though, you can always use a translator.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Simple correction: Those are the "New Generation" Goemon figures. Goemon was actually there leading the group.. in the shadows.
Shin goemon is actually pretty fun. I liked it
Would like it to get a sequel.

Hell. Any goemon game would be nice.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Shin goemon is actually pretty fun. I liked it
Would like it to get a sequel.

Hell. Any goemon game would be nice.
Goemon game? I'm in for anything Goemon.. Goemon bubble wraps? Count me in.
Btw, there're more recent better figures.. but, you have to attend Wonder Festival to obtain one.. or three.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Goemon game? I'm in for anything Goemon.. Goemon bubble wraps? Count me in.
Btw, there're more recent better figures.. but, you have to attend Wonder Festival to obtain one.. or three.
Wonder Festival? that is the only way to get the three figures?
give me details

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Wonder Festival? that is the only way to get the three figures?
give me details
There're no more details. You just have to attend the festival personally to have a chance of buying one (or set), or if you know someone that can do it for you. Figures are pre-assembled and painted. Not cheap though.. at all. Those aren't and won't be sold anywhere else.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
There're no more details. You just have to attend the festival personally to have a chance of buying one (or set), or if you know someone that can do it for you. Figures are pre-assembled and painted. Not cheap though.. at all. Those aren't and won't be sold anywhere else.
They sound kind of rare. In fact, they sound like one of those lottery prize items that are only in one machine at one location in Japan. Correct me if I'm wrong if the case isn't similar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom