• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I know that Sakurai didn't say a thing about Goemon, but he did say he likes Yusuke, and that's what counts. Am I right? :)
I'm not sure that's actually what he said since a good translation of the interview isn't out, but he did specify Yusuke for something. I think he actually likes everyone.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I'm not sure that's actually what he said since a good translation of the interview is out, but he did specify Yusuke for something. I think he actually likes everyone.
Hmm. Ok, may I have a link to that interview. I'll get to the bottom of this myself.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
To think Magginesu has been remembered in some capacity after 25 years, incredible...
Well, it came from a Goemon artist after-all. I'm so glad you liked it. Also, Magginesu appeared in the 2nd pachislot game if I'm not mistaken.
So not totally forgotten :)

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Sorry, looks like there wasn't a peep said about Goemon. It was just an apology from Sakurai to Yusuke's VA about not having time to complete his confidante meter.

https://twitter.com/MysticDistance/status/1078213685192126464?s=19
First, thanks for the link. (and the likes too).
I know there wasn't a peep said about Goemon. All I cared about was him saying that Yusuke is his favorite character. Because for me that translates that he might have an affinity with Goemon, and that was pretty much what I was looking for.. a hope. However slight it is :)
This is the closest Sakurai and Goemon been XD

Edit: Congratulations. We made to page 4 :)

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Lets hope goemon gets better treatment this year. I plan to get back to ripping the models from the n64 game. Maybe even try the psx ripper. See if it works in then.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Lets hope goemon gets better treatment this year. I plan to get back to ripping the models from the n64 game. Maybe even try the psx ripper. See if it works in then.
Is my image showing? I see a rectangle with a red cross :/

Anyways.. oh yes, I'm so hoping so.. there's demand in the Japanese side, but what we need are some loud mouths.. some that'll get him out there.
Konami will be celebrating it's 50th anniversary soon.. so here's in hope they make a Goemon collection, even if not translated or mastered.
Sigh.. I'm not sure of what Nintendo thinks or what they're choices be.. man, I really don't see a better choice than Goemon.. ugghh.

So about the models. can't we render a new one? any 3D modeler you know? I wish someone could pick those Pachislot models. Those are great. I think Goemon needs to show on high-poly outside of that for once.. he deserve it :)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I plan to get back to ripping the models from the n64 game. Maybe even try the psx ripper. See if it works in then.
Is my image showing? I see a rectangle with a red cross :/

Anyways.. oh yes, I'm so hoping so.. there's demand in the Japanese side, but what we need are some loud mouths.. some that'll get him out there.
Konami will be celebrating it's 50th anniversary soon.. so here's in hope they make a Goemon collection, even if not translated or mastered.
Sigh.. I'm not sure of what Nintendo thinks or what they're choices be.. man, I really don't see a better choice than Goemon.. ugghh.

So about the models. can't we render a new one? any 3D modeler you know? I wish someone could pick those Pachislot models. Those are great. I think Goemon needs to show on high-poly outside of that for once.. he deserve it :)
Speaking of models, I discovered this while back: https://imgur.com/gallery/f5tZT I was trying to find somebody who knew how to code and datamine through the game to see if Yae's beta model was still in it, but I haven't gotten a response back by anybody that I have talked to online about it. I don't know how to code or datamine, and that is why I hope to find somebody that does so we could potentially see Yae's beta model and perhaps more.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Uploading images isn't working at all right now, sorry.
It's working now. Thanks buddy :)
Speaking of models, I discovered this while back: https://imgur.com/gallery/f5tZT I was trying to find somebody who knew how to code and datamine through the game to see if Yae's beta model was still in it, but I haven't gotten a response back by anybody that I have talked to online about it. I don't know how to code or datamine, and that is why I hope to find somebody that does so we could potentially see Yae's beta model and perhaps more.
Don't you think the final version is better?

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Yeah, but I would still like to see if Yae's old ponytail model is still in the game's code. Beta content like this is very interesting to me.
Well I don't know how, but why not try to search how to rip and datamine that?

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Some fine work there.
Let it get you into the mood of making new Goemon moves :)

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Funnily enough, Pop'n Twinbee caught my attention more. The Konami love is real.

Well, apart from skipping over SCV4 and Gradius III for the initial batch.
I really like how the Konami love is growing, and to toss The Mystical Ninja there is an absolute love mark for me. I hope this means something Smash.

D

Deleted member

I loved Goemon on the N64, while I don't have many hopes for him in Smash I hope that we get a new Goemon game soon (hopefully not mobile). Still have my support for him. (Ebisumaru should be a semi-clone at worst, he is way too unique to be Goemon's echo)

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I loved Goemon on the N64, while I don't have many hopes for him in Smash I hope that we get a new Goemon game soon (hopefully not mobile). Still have my support for him. (Ebisumaru should be a semi-clone at worst, he is way too unique to be Goemon's echo)
Never lose hope. I personally see no other character deserving a spot.
Thank you for your support. Help us and Goemon be heard by Nintendo. Certainly the better choice of everything asked recently. He's been way overdue.
Well, I always imagined Goemon having his moves poof his gang.. just like Toad and Peach. Like let's say for example a down Smash would make Ebisu come down on opponents.. like that Rosalina halo.. something like that.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This thread hasn't been active in a month. Has there been any news on Goemon lately at all? Because I really want this thread to stay alive until the DLC for Ultimate is all out.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Nah, not a single peep. Well, aside the rumoured leaked SNES line-up with the first SNES entry, before the data was taken down.

Lower-key threads like this are often ignored for the "big-name" fan requests.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I know, but we should still talk about the lower expected/requested characters we like so that maybe they will gain a enough support in speculation in future Smashes to actually be a contender in the future.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I know, but we should still talk about the lower expected/requested characters we like so that maybe they will gain a enough support in speculation in future Smashes to actually be a contender in the future.
Hmm, a fair point.

On the other hand, this can go the wrong way, like for Agumon. That one barely gets given the time of day. Seriously, guess who got blamed for the latest leak, yet again.

No such thing as bad publicity, I guess.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Don't let that stop you from supporting who you like. A lot of the comments in those larger threads aren't even from people that support the character because they like it, but only because "everyone else" wants the character in.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Yes yes YES

Goemon is easily in my top ten. I want him in. I love his games. I support this with all my heart.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I've not been around since this place been too awful for my taste.. not this beauty of a thread, I mean the forum in general is just plain awful.
There's always Goemon news, you just have to look closely. We're doing a better job "not" here. We're working on things, hopefully they'll lead to something.
Never give up your hopes. Goemon is too good to fade away.. hey who knows, maybe it's the game Nintendo wants to revive.
Peace

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I have been ripping Goemon N64 assets for fun. That is something. Also been making custom models.
Other then that, not much news on Goemon yet. I also have not been on Smash Boards for a while.

Intsuno.o

Smash Rookie
Hello am I to late join in the thread? I recently heard about goemon and I’m very interested in the games! I know he was popular in Japan and not much in the west but I have to say i would really love to see him as possible dlc!

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Hello am I to late join in the thread? I recently heard about goemon and I’m very interested in the games! I know he was popular in Japan and not much in the west but I have to say i would really love to see him as possible dlc!
All are welcome in the goemon brotherhood.
Thanks for joining.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Latest: Konami is preparing to celebrate its 50th anniversary..
Our boy is centered. Let's hope this means a thing..

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Snake in Smash+Simon in Smash+Bomber Man as a Assist Trophy+Konami's 50th anniversary=Goemon in Smash. Please let me be right dear God.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Awesome... but... where's Bill Rizer and Sparkster? Where's Pentarou and Chichibinta Rika?

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
For some reason, Bomberman being relegated to a small footnote pisses me off...

Top Bottom