Mystical Ninja Goemon - Now supporting Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75" - In Goemon terms; that's a steal

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
A heads up, guys.. and please spread it.
This is mainly about the Starring Goemon and Goemon's Great Adventure CDs. You know the Japanese soundtracks of the two N64 titles. Not sure who want to buy those (most expensive game soundtracks), but, seems there are bootlegged versions of them, and they're not cheap either.
The originals are between $800 to $1600. The knockoffs are $150 to $180. You'd think with that price you'd be getting an original, but no. they're not worth more than 10 bucks. So take care.

drag0nscythe

Smash Champion
A heads up, guys.. and please spread it.
This is mainly about the Starring Goemon and Goemon's Great Adventure CDs. You know the Japanese soundtracks of the two N64 titles. Not sure who want to buy those (most expensive game soundtracks), but, seems there are bootlegged versions of them, and they're not cheap either.
The originals are between $800 to $1600. The knockoffs are $150 to $180. You'd think with that price you'd be getting an original, but no. they're not worth more than 10 bucks. So take care.
I saw something about that. What is the quality like? Really bad?

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I saw something about that. What is the quality like? Really bad?
I posted about Starring Goemon here before.. I think.
The Starring Goemon has the better overall quality. Adventure is the more noticeable. Both though have that dimmed colors, cheap print look.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Hero
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...s_next_game_is_giving_us_serious_goemon_vibes

This has serious "we'll make our own Goemon" vibes. Never knew that Ebisu worked on goddamn Batman Returns though, that's cool.
I'm real excited for Good Feel's upcoming title guys. I mean, we might be getting a spiritual successor series to the Ganbare Goemon franchise which makes me giddy since it's being produced by the legend himself Etsunobu Ebisu the Ganbare Goemon creator himself.

drag0nscythe

Smash Champion
I'm real excited for Good Feel's upcoming title guys. I mean, we might be getting a spiritual successor series to the Ganbare Goemon franchise which makes me giddy since it's being produced by the legend himself Etsunobu Ebisu the Ganbare Goemon creator himself.

Oh please have a physical release.
And an art book.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Great News :)
On October 5th Konami registered/trademarked "Ganbare Goemon".

Way back when Konami made a similar registry, they registered only "Goemon". This time, it's the whole name. So this does imply that it's a whole game related, not just the character. However, collection, new game, merch.. etc. we can't tell. Nevertheless, great news indeed and something bright for our beloved hero 35th anniversary :)

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
GOEMON Ts SPOTTED ON AMAZON
Description says they're official.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Champion
GOEMON Ts SPOTTED ON AMAZON
Description says they're official.
but only in japan.
and they dont ship worldwide.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
but only in japan.
and they dont ship worldwide.
So far that what appears the case to be. You'll have to find a way around it.
Most importantly though, the amount of designs and timing. There's a lot to unpack here. First, according to amazon they seem official, but I didn't come across any sort of advertisement in relation! Could that list be an early discovery? If so, why we're able to purchase now? Were they meant for Goemon's anniversary or just some retro Konami merch? I myself am not sure at all.
I don't mind it of course, but I really want to know more about this. the description even mention the merch as "Ganbare Goemon" in Japanese and "Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon" in English, which's odd and cool at the same time.
Was this after or before the recent registry of Ganbare Goemon? If you recall, the older one that registered the name "Goemon" was meant for all sort of merch. Well, if this means more for Goemon, am all in.

Also :) (check the guitarist, he's supposed to be Ebisumaru, haha)

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I just bought the costume cause I think I got exactly 75 cents from buying the AVGN game lol... are there any moves that make sense for the character? I like to be as accurate as possible.
Awesome! For moves,
shuriken of light. Good stand in for ryo throw.
I used gale stab.
Classic heros spin
And power thrust.

But that is what i used.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I just bought the costume cause I think I got exactly 75 cents from buying the AVGN game lol... are there any moves that make sense for the character? I like to be as accurate as possible.
Welcome to the club :)
Other than FREE, I'm guessing that's the cheapest entry fee.. haha.
Well, I honestly haven't been playing Smash for a while now.. I forgot what I set it to.

drag0nscythe

Smash Champion

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
On the topic of Konami filing/renewing for the Ganbare Goemon trademark, another third party that did something similar in 2019 was Bandai Namco when they filed trademarks for Mr. Driller, Klonoa, and Splatterhouse. Out of these three, in June 25, 2020 a new (actually a port from the GC version) of Mr. Driller (Mr. Driller Drill Land) was released. Apparently there have been rumblings of a new (or port) of a Klonoa game as well (maybe going into 2021). Trademark renewals themselves may simply be for the sake of retaining ownership of the franchise, however, let's hope this leads to Goemon coming back in 2021.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Dunno if y'all seen this already but, Fangamer putting out the Goemon goodies.
Ah just knew about it, you got there before me, thanks a ton nevertheless.. honestly, all I can say is..
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Man, ain't this a year of Goemon or WHAT? Yes, that feels so good. Here's to a revival and a new game :)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Hero
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

spicynun

Smash Rookie
Top Bottom