• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Looks real to me. Congrats.
Thank you. I was thrilled as hell to get the Tamateboko box in my possossion. Hopefully, they release a 2nd box set someday with the N64, PS1, and DS soundtracks in it. And even though I wouldn't pay a fortune for it, I want to obtain the Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon and Goemon's Great Adventure CDs someday.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Thank you. I was thrilled as hell to get the Tamateboko box in my possossion. Hopefully, they release a 2nd box set someday with the N64, PS1, and DS soundtracks in it. And even though I wouldn't pay a fortune for it, I want to obtain the Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon and Goemon's Great Adventure CDs someday.
I would love a copy of those cds also. But not at those prices. Hopefully the price will drop one day.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord

PSX game 95% translation people!!!
Ah you raced me to it, I was just about to post about it :)
Btw, it's complete. The reason it's called 95% complete is that the shop signs and some in-game writings/images weren't translated. But seriously, who cares.. this is Goemon's year, people.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Ah you raced me to it, I was just about to post about it :)
Btw, it's complete. The reason it's called 95% complete is that the shop signs and some in-game writings/images weren't translated. But seriously, who cares.. this is Goemon's year, people.
It is. All snes games, and 1 psx. This is great.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
LET'S FREAKING GO MAN!!!
Would you mean... "Let's freaking GOE-GOE MAN!"?

Nevertheless, I'm quite glad to hear how Goemon PSX's getting a translation - even if some might say they were teeny bit inferior to SFC + N64-titles of Goe-Man.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
More vinyl stock for those who missed it..

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I am excited. I enjoyed minecraft as a game. So I think it is a good addition.
I'll be honest with ya. I don't like the game and I don't like the character. It feels so off to me.
Well, if you're excited about it though, I'm happy that you are :)
For me personally, I don't think I'll be approaching :)

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Well... times like this I'm really glad I sold my copy of Ultimate months ago.

If I still played this game I would be ****ing losing it.

The way I see it Smash players now have a sort of battered wife syndrome going on. Covered in bloody bruises and black eyes, saying things like "you'll see, the next character will be exciting. I promise. He can change. He loves me. He really does!"

There's nothing here. It's time to pack it up. Smash was never good. We only liked the concept of Smash and never the execution because every game has had severe problems.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Well... times like this I'm really glad I sold my copy of Ultimate months ago.

If I still played this game I would be ****ing losing it.

The way I see it Smash players now have a sort of battered wife syndrome going on. Covered in bloody bruises and black eyes, saying things like "you'll see, the next character will be exciting. I promise. He can change. He loves me. He really does!"

There's nothing here. It's time to pack it up. Smash was never good. We only liked the concept of Smash and never the execution because every game has had severe problems.
Ha.. kinda hard to argue with that analogy. Agree.. at least to me and some who I know. That it's a stale mess.
Now I don't like Steve or MC or how any looks, but to me I think it's more about the message that got carried with that inclusion. Simply, "shout louder, sell more and you get a chance... Your passion, weighs nothing".
I mean, for real, wouldn't Steve be more sensible as a Mii costume than Goemon? but noh.

Interesting. I always pronounced Yae's name as "Yai" instead of "Yeh" like some people do. Is "Yai" the correct way to pronounce Yae's name?
It sounds like "Yeh" to me.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
NGL, Steve and Minecraft-content feels uncharacteristically out of place to me next to Smash's current run of 3rd Parties encompassing so many types of characters mainly focused on 3rd Party-additions these days.

As much as most would just praise the character for being "a new oddball addition" (like where have I heard that before?), the series really starts to more and more a "meme fighting game" that people long exaggerated the series being in various parody videos, even if justifying ton of iconic videogame mascots duiking it out. At least Mario VS Sonic felt meaningful... and Mega Man joining the roster way back in SSB4.

It quite dampens my enthusiasm when I feel the series is easier to describe in a Tumblr-post I saw yesterday showcasing Richter fighting against a Creeper in SFM-animated video (and how it's "actually real now".)

Sorta has me wish the series had more integrity with it's roots due how I feel it's like better version of the oddball choices we saw in roster of Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed. But hey, Nintendo's doing it so it's more a sign of competence - and Sakurai as sure wants to at least make it look good as he can.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
NGL, Steve and Minecraft-content feels uncharacteristically out of place to me next to Smash's current run of 3rd Parties encompassing so many types of characters mainly focused on 3rd Party-additions these days.

As much as most would just praise the character for being "a new oddball addition" (like where have I heard that before?), the series really starts to more and more a "meme fighting game" that people long exaggerated the series being in various parody videos, even if justifying ton of iconic videogame mascots duiking it out. At least Mario VS Sonic felt meaningful... and Mega Man joining the roster way back in SSB4.

It quite dampens my enthusiasm when I feel the series is easier to describe in a Tumblr-post I saw yesterday showcasing Richter fighting against a Creeper in SFM-animated video (and how it's "actually real now".)

Sorta has me wish the series had more integrity with it's roots due how I feel it's like better version of the oddball choices we saw in roster of Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed. But hey, Nintendo's doing it so it's more a sign of competence - and Sakurai as sure wants to at least make it look good as he can.
Because it actually doesn't have a history. 9 years is one console life cycle. Of course it will feel out of place, of course a Vs. with Mario, Sonic. and other mascots wouldn't make sense.. they're not from the same plane.
Don't bother explaining it, it happened, it's done and everyone knows it was about sales & money.
I mean even the type into it.. relaxed, into building and construction, take their time.. what's the attraction in a fighting game? it's the total opposite.. oh well.
.. and people praise anything. If Nintendo announced a bean can many will praise it, claim they get the vision behind it, accept it.. etc. Why? well, either to look intelligent or not different from main stream.

Anyway, guys.. the best that came out of this is "Bomberman Mii costume".. listen, if he can move from a trophy to a costume, Goemon can definitely move from a Mii costume to being fully playable.. stay hopeful, and keep pushing.. keep showing the interest. It DOES make a difference.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I think it fits. Gaming has been around for almost 10 generations now. That is a lot of gaming. Bayo is younger then Steve from Minecraft. So is Corrin, Byleth inkling and Sans. I think the game itself has stood up the test of time and is one of the largest properties in the world. It was inevitable. I do think the character is complicated, but I also think that he is going to be fun to play. A mixture of Mr Game and Watch and Pacman.

The Art styles are very different. but no different from Mr Game and Watch and the flat concept.
And BM Mii is really nice. Wish Konami was pushing for more "real" fighters though.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I think it fits. Gaming has been around for almost 10 generations now. That is a lot of gaming. Bayo is younger then Steve from Minecraft. So is Corrin, Byleth inkling and Sans. I think the game itself has stood up the test of time and is one of the largest properties in the world. It was inevitable. I do think the character is complicated, but I also think that he is going to be fun to play. A mixture of Mr Game and Watch and Pacman.

The Art styles are very different. but no different from Mr Game and Watch and the flat concept.
And BM Mii is really nice. Wish Konami was pushing for more "real" fighters though.
drag0nscythe drag0nscythe I'm sincerely and genuinely happy that you got something you like, but man.. it's like saying.. days are as centuries and eons, because we have hours and minutes and seconds! That's not right.. fraction of a fraction is not like a whole.
And honestly, I'm not in board with that whole list to begin with.. (Inklings however are 1st party, they do what they want).
And man, what test of time? it's a single console cycle. Mario, stood up the test of time. Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Tetris.. etc., those who hit 30 years plus in gaming are what would you call that... and let's not forget that they did it before the internet, before social media, before free gaming, before.. and before.. etc. That, took a lot more than what MC did.
Again, like I said.. yeah, it was all about "money", nothing else. And I don't like that, because if that was inevitable, then as I said, the inevitable next is Fortnite, Call of Duty and the likes of. The games that have "zero" need of exposure, zero need of revival. If top games keep taking all the places, what chance small fries stand. Away from my dear example "Goemon", let's take Suda for example. the CEO of 20 employee studio got.. a Mii costume! I'm not a No More Heroes fan, but I'll say, that felt bad.. he got crumbs of crumbs.. despite being so Nintendo focused this Gen.!

Man, MC doesn't need the praise.. it wasn't ever called for Smash BUT later in this Smash Gen., and for all the wrong reasons too (memes, spite.. whatever)..
I personally think it did not deserve the place, and definitely didn't need it. Compare that to those who waited four Smash entries for their wish to come true, just to be filled with one that hasn't waited, doesn't have the history and definitely didn't need that place!
Oh well, spilled milk. It's not going to change a thing. I just want my Goemon in, nothing more.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
drag0nscythe drag0nscythe I'm sincerely and genuinely happy that you got something you like, but man.. it's like saying.. days are as centuries and eons, because we have hours and minutes and seconds! That's not right.. fraction of a fraction is not like a whole.
And honestly, I'm not in board with that whole list to begin with.. (Inklings however are 1st party, they do what they want).
And man, what test of time? it's a single console cycle. Mario, stood up the test of time. Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Tetris.. etc., those who hit 30 years plus in gaming are what would you call that... and let's not forget that they did it before the internet, before social media, before free gaming, before.. and before.. etc. That, took a lot more than what MC did.
Again, like I said.. yeah, it was all about "money", nothing else. And I don't like that, because if that was inevitable, then as I said, the inevitable next is Fortnite, Call of Duty and the likes of. The games that have "zero" need of exposure, zero need of revival. If top games keep taking all the places, what chance small fries stand. Away from my dear example "Goemon", let's take Suda for example. the CEO of 20 employee studio got.. a Mii costume! I'm not a No More Heroes fan, but I'll say, that felt bad.. he got crumbs of crumbs.. despite being so Nintendo focused this Gen.!

Man, MC doesn't need the praise.. it wasn't ever called for Smash BUT later in this Smash Gen., and for all the wrong reasons too (memes, spite.. whatever)..
I personally think it did not deserve the place, and definitely didn't need it.
Oh well, spilled milk. It's not going to change a thing. I just want my Goemon in, nothing else.
I dont think there is a slope though. Minecraft got in because it is huge and making money. Buuuuutt almost all the characters ever in smash (outside of Nintendo owned) fall into that category. Joker is from the persona series, which is popular. I know so many other RPGs that could use a rep. I made an image making gest of it.

I think Steve is important for 2 reasons. 1. His game did make lots of money and whilst I want a rep from Dustforce, Parasite Eve, Breath of Fire 3, Goemon, Fur Fighters, Soul Reaver and many other series. Their popularity (and in turn sales) plays a role in their ability to join. It is a fact. 2. Minecraft opened talks for Banjo. It was minecraft on Wii U that started the Microsoft/Nintendo relationship. I think that is important.

I still want my Goemon. I want the character train to never end honestly, but it is what it is. And popularity has always played a part.

PsychoJosh

This game is beyond redemption at this point with the inclusion of such an abysmal character Steve and nothing could possibly save it now.

It wouldnt matter if they announced any good characters tomorrow. Even if they announced Goemon, Dante, Earthworm Jim, none of that would matter. The game is ruined and its finished. If someone takes a massive **** in your soup, you dont continue eating it. It's not going to be saved with more vegetables and prime rib, because it has a massive chunk of **** floating in it.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
This game is beyond redemption at this point with the inclusion of such an abysmal character Steve and nothing could possibly save it now.

It wouldnt matter if thry announced any good characters tomorrow. Its ruined and its finished. If someone takes a massive ** in your soup you dont continue eating it. It's not going to be saved with more vegetables and prime rib, because it has a massive chunk of ** floating in it.
I think you might be overreacting a tad. Its not that bad. It is just a character. And Steve looked fun. I would recommend though that if you dont like him, dont use him if you purchased the pass, and if you did not purchase the pass, skip him entirely.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

It wouldnt matter if they announced any good characters tomorrow. Even if they announced Goemon, Dante, Earthworm Jim, none of that would matter. The game is ruined and its finished. If someone takes a massive ** in your soup, you dont continue eating it. It's not going to be saved with more vegetables and prime rib, because it has a massive chunk of ** floating in it.
While you might think that way, not everyone does. I didn't want Steve, but I understand how big Minecraft is and would respect his inclusion. Plus Steve was a popular request so a lot of people wanted him even if you didn't.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I edited my post slightly before realizing you've replieed.. anyway, continuing..
I dont think there is a slope though. Minecraft got in because it is huge and making money. Buuuuutt almost all the characters ever in smash (outside of Nintendo owned) fall into that category. Joker is from the persona series, which is popular. I know so many other RPGs that could use a rep. I made an image making gest of it.

I think Steve is important for 2 reasons. 1. His game did make lots of money and whilst I want a rep from Dustforce, Parasite Eve, Breath of Fire 3, Goemon, Fur Fighters, Soul Reaver and many other series. Their popularity (and in turn sales) plays a role in their ability to join. It is a fact. 2. Minecraft opened talks for Banjo. It was minecraft on Wii U that started the Microsoft/Nintendo relationship. I think that is important.

I still want my Goemon. I want the character train to never end honestly, but it is what it is. And popularity has always played a part.
My point is, it's not fair.. (this is a game, it's not life)
and I doubt money was behind every call, it's mostly deals. The thing is, that deal was way too early, uncalled for and ultimately unnecessary. Microsoft got represented with the best deal, Banjo. Why MC?.. well, I know why, it's the other way around, it's Nintendo/Smash needing the sales, that's why. For that, I can't be convinced it was "for fans".
Anyway.. that's actually a pretty solid list. I'll say though, I'll take one ARMS rep... and it'll always be Rudy. Terranigma, Illusion Of Gaia, Chrono Trigger, Grandia, Brave Fencer Musashi.. timeless gems (the rest are but I haven't played much of'em).. but man, where did you know about Thousand Arms? :)
I mean to be frank, Minecraft is the best selling video game of all time so that alone is enough to prove Steve is worthy of a slot.
It is not, and honestly I don't think that's what makes a character worthy. It's not a game award show, man.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I edited my post slightly before realizing you've replieed.. anyway, continuing..

My point is, it's not fair.. (this is a game, it's not life)
and I doubt money was behind every call, it's mostly deals. The thing is, that deal was way too early, uncalled for and ultimately unnecessary. Microsoft got represented with the best deal, Banjo. Why MC?.. well, I know why, it's the other way around, it's Nintendo/Smash needing the sales, that's why. For that, I can't be convinced it was "for fans".
Anyway.. that's actually a pretty solid list. I'll say though, I'll take one ARMS rep... and it'll always be Rudy. Terranigma, Illusion Of Gaia, Chrono Trigger, Grandia, Brave Fencer Musashi.. timeless gems (the rest are but I haven't played much of'em).. but man, where did you know about Thousand Arms? :)
It is not, and honestly I don't think that's what makes a character worthy. It's not a game award show, man.
Thousand Arms was one of my favorite PSX JRPGs. It was one of the first to keep its anime intro and the dating mechanic was new to me at the time. Oh and the unique battle system and animations was so fun. I wish it would get an HD port, but I have no idea who actually owns the IP now.

5 years ago, MC might have been to small. but it did not happen 5 years ago. it happened now. I think it took about 2 years to get MC working correctly in smash. But I still think 8 years is a fair time frame.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord

It wouldnt matter if they announced any good characters tomorrow. Even if they announced Goemon, Dante, Earthworm Jim, none of that would matter. The game is ruined and its finished. If someone takes a massive ** in your soup, you dont continue eating it. It's not going to be saved with more vegetables and prime rib, because it has a massive chunk of ** floating in it.
Oh no man, Goemon to me fixes everything. I'll even look at Steve and smile.
Goemon with Impact as Final Smash? man I wouldn't care who enter this game beyond that point :)
Thousand Arms was one of my favorite PSX JRPGs. It was one of the first to keep its anime intro and the dating mechanic was new to me at the time. Oh and the unique battle system and animations was so fun. I wish it would get an HD port, but I have no idea who actually owns the IP now.

5 years ago, MC might have been to small. but it did not happen 5 years ago. it happened now. I think it took about 2 years to get MC working correctly in smash. But I still think 8 years is a fair time frame.
I haven't finished the game, but It's special to me.
Hey, you forgot Alundra btw.

Well yeah, that's my point.. let's see how MC survive 30 years plus in gaming. It's not fair. It's not fair that Goemon struggled 35 years till this day to be treated like newborns and indies.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Oh no man, Goemon to me fixes everything. I'll even look at Steve and smile.
Goemon with Impact as Final Smash? man I wouldn't care who enter this game beyond that point :)

I haven't finished the game, but It's special to me.
Hey, you forgot Alundra btw.

Well yeah, that's my point.. let's see how MC survive 30 years plus in gaming. It's not fair. It's not fair that Goemon struggled 35 years till this day to be treated like newborns and indies.
Dont blame Minecraft. Blame Konami. They are the ones that are holding the Goeboys back. And I will add Alundra.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I would agree with you, but millions of gamers would say otherwise. Twitter literally broke when Steve was announced.
Thanks, but yeah, since when the majority agrees on what's right. Oh well.
Yeah I was on twitter that moment, yet plenty of events (including world wide) happened at that point. So I'm not sure it was the real reason. We need to ask Twitter itself for that.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Thanks, but yeah, since when the majority agrees on what's right. Oh well.
Yeah I was on twitter that moment, yet plenty of events (including world wide) happened at that point. So I'm not sure it was the real reason. We need to ask Twitter itself for that.
I wish the majority of people would want Goemon. I honestly would just want Goemon in Smash so this series finally get's the attention it rightfully deserves in the west and the rest of the world. The Ganbare Goemon series deserves love and respect of the highest caliber.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Dont blame Minecraft. Blame Konami. They are the ones that are holding the Goeboys back. And I will add Alundra.
I'm not at all blaming Minecraft. The blame is all Nintendo's, I don't even think it's Sakurai's.
Thanks. the first of course.. the second wasn't that good tbh. That game could've rivaled Zelda.. unfortunately it tripped after the second.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I wish the majority of people would want Goemon. I honestly would just want Goemon in Smash so this series finally get's the attention it rightfully deserves in the west and the rest of the world. The Ganbare Goemon series deserves love and respect of the highest caliber.
This series main problem is.. language barrier. There're ton load of fans, they just don't speak Japanese or English.
Edit: I mean comfortably enough to call for the character like everyone else.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

I think you might be overreacting a tad. Its not that bad.
Yes it is that bad. In fact it is a hundred times worse.

I really dont think you're comprehending this. Steve. ****ing STEVE. The most atrociously designed dog **** meme character for the most smooth brained 8 year olds. Is now playable in Smash Brothers. And he got in before a million other characters that people legitimately wanted more. They KNEW that Steve would negatively received and they put him in anyways. They put a significant amount of work into reworking every stage to be able to work with his gimmick. For this ridiculous meme character that they KNEW would create a great divide. A placeholder developer graphic that never got replaced because its developer was too lazy. He now has veteranship in Smash. Over any other character. So no matter what happens, from now until the end of time itself, Steve has seniority in Smash over ANYONE that comes after him. Steve, a character with less than two seconds of thought put into him, whose name was just made up on the spot when somebody asked Notch about it on twitter, got in Smash before anyone else

Maybe you guys would be okay with an insult like that, but I am not. I will not be beholden to the insult of having any of my favorite characters be upstaged by this worthless, atrociously designed rectangle man. I am not going to live with the idea that characters with actual thought and care and professionalism and passion put into their designs, made by people who actually KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING, are now going to forever play second fiddle to a universally abysmal "character" that is nothing more than a placeholder graphic. I am seriously never playing a Smash game again in my life and the only reason I'm still posting here is to say my farewells as I am also leaving Smashboards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom