• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I think those are from that recent Nintendo leak, so ripping similar quality from MNSG probably isn't doable. There is a full, higher quality version of 'I Am Impact' though! From a rare soundtrack CD, I think. It has two extra verses:

There's also a full version of the main theme:
First of all..
🎉🎊✨🌟Welcome to the Goemon thread🌟✨🎊🎉
Goemon fans +1

Oh I know it is.. thought maybe it's there somewhere as they did find some Mystical Ninja SNES builds.
I don't condone that act though.

I know of those, and I'm assuming you mean the most expensive CD on the planet rather than rare :)
Thanks for the links nevertheless.
No worries. Join the party. It is all goemon in here. All are welcome.
Ohh, that's mighty kind of you :)
Thank you.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I played a bit of the Kirakira Douchuu translation patch on my Mini.

First impression is that, as far as visuals are concerned, this one might be my favorite. I adore the graphics in this one, the art direction is so much more colorful and stronger than it was before. Also is this the first Goemon game where all the characters are fully voiced?

Man, this series was huge, I don't know why Konami just let it disappear.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
PsychoJosh PsychoJosh
Technically, Karakuri Douchuu (FC) is the first game to have Goemon voiced (if what he said is considered voicing), unless you're stressing on "fully". Then yeah. It's also the first to introduce Obisumaru.. (Obisumaru was shown in 2, but in 4 he got his name and introduction).

EDIT:
Oh yeah.. coming soon

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Tadaaa~
August 25th.
This soundtrack will be available for the first time ever on vinyl and in the west..
Do you guys realize what we're getting here? and official Goemon product in 2020!!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Tadaaa~
August 25th.
This soundtrack will be available for the first time ever on vinyl and in the west..
Do you guys realize what we're getting here? and official Goemon product in 2020!!
This is a glorious day for all Goemon fans from around the world.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I played a bit of the Kirakira Douchuu translation patch on my Mini.

First impression is that, as far as visuals are concerned, this one might be my favorite. I adore the graphics in this one, the art direction is so much more colorful and stronger than it was before.
Since clearing it around early 2010s, I always have held Goemon 4 as one of the best and most overlooked platformers on SNES - even ranking closely there with likes of Super Mario World, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, or other holy grail platformers in it's genre. You reiterated well the points that makes the game such~

1598144888938.png

Man, this series was huge, I don't know why Konami just let it disappear.
Konami of the 90s is such a different beast from the one from 2000s onward - many of their beloved IPs within Japan ended up dropped while the more internationally successful IPs kept on going, like Castlevania, DDR and Metal Gear Solid. At least the series had nice swan song send-off in form of Goemon DS.

To me, having most of the "core" games playable across the Nintendo-systems released in full English, has felt more meaningful to me than Goemon getting noted in Smash (only to be drowning in the sea of Sans-memes) - and is enough for me to enjoy the series while it lasted it's Golden Age, much like Twinbee.

1598144771660.png

Now if one could only hack Goemon in Jikkyo Oshaberi Parodius...

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
EYYOOOOOOOOH
Get your pre-orders.. hurry hurry hurry :)
Goemon in 2020.. that's truly something.. keep pushing guys.

EDIT:
GUYS GUYS GUYS.. Konami is tweeting about the Mystical Ninja.. show support please, shows them we want and care. Spread the news.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I wasn't expecting this at all..
The Mystical Ninja vinyl is sold-out!!
It hasn't been released yet!.. hope this means good things for the series, and I hope you got your copies.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I wasn't expecting this at all..
The Mystical Ninja vinyl is sold-out!!
It hasn't been released yet!.. hope this means good things for the series, and I hope you got your copies.
I did. I ordered it yesterday. Damn, that was fast. I am actually surprised that it is being printed in such a limited quantity.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I did. I ordered it yesterday. Damn, that was fast. I am actually surprised that it is being printed in such a limited quantity.
That's great to know, congrats on your order :)
Yeah, that was super fast for a Goemon item.. I'm feeling bad for any fan who didn't get the chance, but at the same time I'm happy about this. This is amazing to happen.. I hope Konami sees the potential and give the series the wake it needs.
Now I'm curious, have they really printed limited quantities or there was a big demand?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
That's great to know, congrats on your order :)
Yeah, that was super fast for a Goemon item.. I'm feeling bad for any fan who didn't get the chance, but at the same time I'm happy about this. This is amazing to happen.. I hope Konami sees the potential and give the series the wake it needs.
Now I'm curious, have they really printed limited quantities or there was a big demand?
I agree. IT is good to see a goemon product sell out in literally 2 days. Even the WaiWai World record is still available.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
It is late. I hope that the reception gets us some more records. I would love to see Mystical Ninja 64 get a record. I love that games music.
It's not just great, it's also the most expensive game OST CD I ever came across..
Rejoice though, when asked, they've hinted that this won't be the only Mystical Ninja vinyl.. and well, 64 is the logical next :)

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
Always good to see some Goemon love. I played the N64 titles as a kid and I've recently been plowing my way through the recently patched SNES games I put on my mini. I'd really love to see the Goemon series more in any capacity, especially here in the states.

I was ecstatic he got a Mii costume at least, maybe one day we'll see Goemon & his pals in all their glory in Smash.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Always good to see some Goemon love. I played the N64 titles as a kid and I've recently been plowing my way through the recently patched SNES games I put on my mini. I'd really love to see the Goemon series more in any capacity, especially here in the states.

I was ecstatic he got a Mii costume at least, maybe one day we'll see Goemon & his pals in all their glory in Smash.
Welcome to the Goemon thread :)
Ask drag0nscythe drag0nscythe to add you to the list of supporters.
and.. we're working on getting him in Smash

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Nice. I only need one copy though. I think having so many different versions would strain my budget.
For those who missed it :)
I'm definitely NOT getting that version, no interest beyond what I got.
Just glad there's another chance for those who missed it.. and if they want the sold-out white and red, it'll be pressed soon according to them.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Today is the 1 year anniversary of when our boi got his Mii costume and got his foot in Smash's door.

It's not just great, it's also the most expensive game OST CD I ever came across..
Rejoice though, when asked, they've hinted that this won't be the only Mystical Ninja vinyl.. and well, 64 is the logical next :)
I think Goemon's Great Adventure's CD is more expensive than Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon's. I only saw GGA's CD it on Ebay once and it was going for over $3000 bucks.

Welcome friend! It's great to have another Goemon fan join our ranks.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Whats he saying? That he likes it?
No, juts saying that that item is on sale and it's ending soon :)
Still, means he's been interested in it for a while or he likes it so much that he had to promote it.. all in all, great.
It is an expensive item after all... $150
Today is the 1 year anniversary of when our boi got his Mii costume and got his foot in Smash's door.
I think Goemon's Great Adventure's CD is more expensive than Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon's. I only saw GGA's CD it on Ebay once and it was going for over $3000 bucks.
I didn't notice.. wow, one year. Well, he sure deserve more than a costume.. and we're working on that :)

I have to disagree, sure $3000 exceeds Starring Goemon price, but has that CD (SG) landed on ebay? I don't think so. Starring Goemon is the more expensive. ebay prices fluctuate a lot and they're not a standard you can rely on. The Starring Goemon CD been holding its price for more than 15 years. (range $2000 to $1150 through the years). Not saying Adventure is not expensive, but among the community, Starring Goemon is definitely the most expensive piece.
I don't know if you know this, but there are fake prints of that CD in the ranges of $150.. so be careful.
The guts to sell a fake $3 CD for $150.. ugh, some people

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
No, juts saying that that item is on sale and it's ending soon :)
Still, means he's been interested in it for a while or he likes it so much that he had to promote it.. all in all, great.
It is an expensive item after all... $150

I didn't notice.. wow, one year. Well, he sure deserve more than a costume.. and we're working on that :)

I have to disagree, sure $3000 exceeds Starring Goemon price, but has that CD (SG) landed on ebay? I don't think so. Starring Goemon is the more expensive. ebay prices fluctuate a lot and they're not a standard you can rely on. The Starring Goemon CD been holding its price for more than 15 years. (range $2000 to $1150 through the years). Not saying Adventure is not expensive, but among the community, Starring Goemon is definitely the most expensive piece.
I don't know if you know this, but there are fake prints of that CD in the ranges of $150.. so be careful.
The guts to sell a fake $3 CD for $150.. ugh, some people
Yeah, I saw the Goemon's Great Adventure CD soundtrack on Ebay once for over $3000 bucks and it was either sold immediately or sold to someone in private. The listing disappeared just like a couple of minutes after I saw it.

Also, I bought the Goemon Tamateboko CD box awhile back for $300 bucks on Ebay and I was wondering if I have a real copy or not. I'll show you pictures of it later so you guys can confirm.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Yeah, I saw the Goemon's Great Adventure CD soundtrack on Ebay once for over $3000 bucks and it was either sold immediately or sold to someone in private. The listing disappeared just like a couple of minutes after I saw it.

Also, I bought the Goemon Tamateboko CD box awhile back for $300 bucks on Ebay and I was wondering if I have a real copy or not. I'll show you pictures of it later so you guys can confirm.
Ohh.. why did you accept that price? that's way over the original price.. just drop me a comment here about anything you'd like to know the price of next time, OK? Well, congratulations on getting it.. it's a true treasure box. Wish you got it for less though.
It better be original!.. though I bet it is, no one has faked it.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Ohh.. why did you accept that price? that's way over the original price.. just drop me a comment here about anything you'd like to know the price of next time, OK? Well, congratulations on getting it.. it's a true treasure box. Wish you got it for less though.
I paid roughly 250 for the cd collection also. Plus some for shipping. Was the market value when i found a decent copy. But i will definitely hit you up as the collection grows. This thread is one of the best spots to get goemon mech information.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I paid roughly 250 for the cd collection also. Plus some for shipping. Was the market value when i found a decent copy. But i will definitely hit you up as the collection grows. This thread is one of the best spots to get goemon mech information.
That's not cheap either.. though as you, I thought it's a hot item and made sure to pick one early.. now, it's still available till this day :)
It's not a Konami published item, but something I respect about konami, in their history, I don't think they ever went the limited/fake scarcity route. Their items are usually available. Well, I'll be happy to help anytime.. :)
So do you guys know the original price of that box?.. without shipping of course. I'll say though, that's a box to own by any Goemon fan.. I want to club those sellers who sold it at that price with a kiseru though

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, I'm picky about sellers' track records when I buy from them which is why I bought it from that particular seller. Plus,isn't the 2nd hand market the only way foreigners can get the box? Because I thought I heard on the website it was originally sold on in Japan they wouldn't let you ship it out of Japan.

I'll show you guys photos of my CD box in little awhile. I now I said that yesterday, but I'll get around to that today.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Well, I'm picky about sellers' track records when I buy from them which is why I bought it from that particular seller. Plus,isn't the 2nd hand market the only way foreigners can get the box? Because I thought I heard on the website it was originally sold on in Japan they wouldn't let you ship it out of Japan.

I'll show you guys photos of my CD box in little awhile. I now I said that yesterday, but I'll get around to that today.
Umm.. I get your point.. and that's true, if you're ordering it directly from the seller. But 2nd hand doesn't mean used.. like ebay, there's new and used.

Last edited:
Top Bottom