• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Well, I was aiming to make a compilation video of as many Goemon inclusion reaction videos as I can. From all over the world. This however needs a lot of downloading (or capturing which I don't have).. plus editing of course. I got a few so far but.. it's not so smooth.

Ah. Yeah, that'd be a little arduous for me since I mainly use Mobile Hotspot. Otherwise I'd do it with no problem.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Ah. Yeah, that'd be a little arduous for me since I mainly use Mobile Hotspot. Otherwise I'd do it with no problem.
Very understandable, it's a task even with no cap, appreciate the offer still, so thanks :)

drag0nscythe drag0nscythe Thank you for taking the title suggestion, that went literal fast.

BZocky BZocky Thanks for the likes.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Was just playing some Mystical Ninja for the SNES today.
Man, I really would love to see Goemon in Smash. There's so much potential for moves, stages, and music.

I feel like if Konami had cared for Goemon as a franchise a little more, he would have been in Smash by this point.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Was just playing some Mystical Ninja for the SNES today.
Man, I really would love to see Goemon in Smash. There's so much potential for moves, stages, and music.

I feel like if Konami had cared for Goemon as a franchise a little more, he would have been in Smash by this point.
Well, at least we got him as a Mii costume. I never expected to see Goemon in Smash in any form especially in the form of something like a Mii costume. Hopefully one day our boi will make it into the roster. Convincing as many people as possible to buy his Mii costume could help that become a reality in the future.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
I'm here hoping Konami comes thru and actually releases a Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja Anniversary Collection, with the obligatory The Legend of the Mystical Ninja (SNES, and N64), Goemon's Great Adventure (N64), and perhaps some of the other SNES games that were never localized. Heck, if they wanna throw in some showstoppers, they could bring the RPG styled game from the Famicom, and maybe the futuristic one from the PSX (with Goemon and Ebisumaru's kids) (also, the PSX version of this one, not the GBA one).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm here hoping Konami comes thru and actually releases a Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja Anniversary Collection, with the obligatory The Legend of the Mystical Ninja (SNES, and N64), Goemon's Great Adventure (N64), and perhaps some of the other SNES games that were never localized. Heck, if they wanna throw in some showstoppers, they could bring the RPG styled game from the Famicom, and maybe the futuristic one from the PSX (with Goemon and Ebisumaru's kids) (also, the PSX version of this one, not the GBA one).
Seeing how Kunio's collection never even got brought over, I seriously only expect a Japanese collection for Goemon at best. With only 4 games localized, it's expecting too much of modern Konami to push forth the effort to translate the rest, even if the PS2 game's cancelled translation can be acquired.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Most I'm expecting right now is for Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon (N64) to be on the N64 Classic or Switch Online when they drop N64 games on there. Reason I say this is because of the Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon logo popping up when they showed his Mii costume. That's right, not the series logo but the Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon logo.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Hey I know I'm late here but congrats on Goemon finally getting represented in Smash!
Thank you. that's so sweet of you :)
Well, if you've been keeping up with the news, Klonoa just got trademarked (Mr. Driller, Genpei Touma Den, Splatter House and Wagyan Land too).
So, Klonoa or Mr.Driller as namco rep.? I love both but I think most want Klonoa.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Thank you. that's so sweet of you :)
Well, if you've been keeping up with the news, Klonoa just got trademarked (Mr. Driller, Genpei Touma Den, Splatter House and Wagyan Land too).
So, Klonoa or Mr.Driller as namco rep.? I love both but I think most want Klonoa.
Former might be likelier. While polls aren't the most reliable metric, he scored pretty well on average for this one:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=729442469

Sure, the lack of the movie deal hurts, but if people support the forthcoming Encore release (and spread the word), there might be a chance.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
You guys ever heard of this Festival Temple remix it's sick:

Nope. So thanks for sharing :)
Former might be likelier. While polls aren't the most reliable metric, he scored pretty well on average for this one:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=729442469

Sure, the lack of the movie deal hurts, but if people support the forthcoming Encore release (and spread the word), there might be a chance.
The movie wasn't canned, it's just on hold. Be hopeful.

On another note: Guys, seriously, what if the next patch of fighters would grant costumes a fighting chance. That was done to many costumes before, albeit it needed a next game. So since I don't see many filling those spots (better than our Goemon), and although I'm very much grateful for this chance.. I think we should REALLY push further for Goemon to be playable..
Don't waste this chance guys, let's keep pushing.. who knows, maybe Sakurai needed more time to work on Goemon. Let's show the demand's still there..
Shall we?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The movie wasn't canned, it's just on hold. Be hopeful.

On another note: Guys, seriously, what if the next patch of fighters would grant costumes a fighting chance. That was done to many costumes before, albeit it needed a next game. So since I don't see many filling those spots (better than our Goemon), and although I'm very much grateful for this chance.. I think we should REALLY push further for Goemon to be playable..
Don't waste this chance guys, let's keep pushing.. who knows, maybe Sakurai needed more time to work on Goemon. Let's show the demand's still there..
Shall we?
Well, then they must have a pretty odd definition of on hold: https://www.crunchyroll.com/fr/anim...eries-anime-film-adaptation-has-been-canceled

Still hoping that Klonoa could be playable regardless, even though his chances went from small to infinitesimal (not helped by :ultpacman: being the only Bamco character here still).

Also, while they theoretically could upgrade costumes for the same game, I get the feeling that they would want to dedicate resources into other areas, regardless of how much sense that would make in regards of habits. Other, different surprises?

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Well, then they must have a pretty odd definition of on hold: https://www.crunchyroll.com/fr/anim...eries-anime-film-adaptation-has-been-canceled

Still hoping that Klonoa could be playable regardless, even though his chances went from small to infinitesimal (not helped by :ultpacman: being the only Bamco character here still).

Also, while they theoretically could upgrade costumes for the same game, I get the feeling that they would want to dedicate resources into other areas, regardless of how much sense that would make in regards of habits. Other, different surprises?
Let's just say, I had a better source. That still doesn't say when will they commence however.
Infinitesimal when he newly trademarked? Give your character more hope.
I say this because (aside from few) honestly I don't see any surprises that would interest me or make that much sense. As much as Goemon was a great reveal, many in the Japanese side were disappointed, and are still looking for him to be playable.. so, why not? It's an achievable wish :)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well we just don't know. At this stage, we can only hope that the first game doesn't sell poorly (again), especially since it looks like they're probably selling it by itself. The only thing that can really be done right now is spread the word on Klonoa encore and see what happens.

In any case, don't be surprised if nothing comes of upgrading Goemon from a costume this time. Wouldn't want you guys to be left on limbo until the very end of this DLC cycle, since we don't know how long this'll last.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Well we just don't know. At this stage, we can only hope that the first game doesn't sell poorly (again), especially since it looks like they're probably selling it by itself. The only thing that can really be done right now is spread the word on Klonoa encore and see what happens.

In any case, don't be surprised if nothing comes of upgrading Goemon from a costume this time. Wouldn't want you guys to be left on limbo until the very end of this DLC cycle, since we don't know how long this'll last.
What first game? is that why some posted about the first Klonoa game? if so, that's so healthy.. it's yours and Klonoa fans duty to help promote the game as much as possible now. You know the trend, better sales = new game (or so they say). I for one, if it's physical, you can count me in :)

Me surprised? Goemon fanbase? Nah, we're used to being disappointed. We're invincible to shocks XD

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
By the original SFC pixel artist! THIS IS HUGE!
I hope you guys realize this is probably his first since.. forever (well, SFC days which.. I don't know, 30+ something years ago).
This is so good. The guy wants Goemon back.. let's give it our best, let's bring Goemon back THIS Fighter's Pass.
EFEniPFUEAE1vfv.png

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
By the original SFC pixel artist! THIS IS HUGE!
I hope you guys realize this is probably his first since.. forever (well, SFC days which.. I don't know, 30+ something years ago).
This is so good. The guy wants Goemon back.. let's give it our best, let's bring Goemon back THIS Fighter's Pass.
View attachment 239218
What is the guy's name? Also, did he design some of the 3D models for the N64 games too or was that somebody else? But man seeing this new sprite work here almost makes me cry with joy. :cry:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
What is the guy's name? Also, did he design some of the 3D models for the N64 games too or was that somebody else? But man seeing this new sprite work here almost makes me cry with joy. :cry:
Not sure, I'll need to check. And no, I don't think so, but I'm not sure.. anyway..
He just did something even better :)
Check this out..

EFI9jC-UEAY_ao0.png

I mean, wow! just WOW! It looks amazing.
I'm guessing this will go all the way to Sasuke and Yae. I'll keep you all posted.
So, why are you still not asking for Goemon in the next Fighter's Pass?
You have no excuse :)

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Not sure, I'll need to check. And no, I don't think so, but I'm not sure.. anyway..
He just did something even better :)
Check this out..

View attachment 239298
I mean, wow! just WOW! It looks amazing.
I'm guessing this will go all the way to Sasuke and Yae. I'll keep you all posted.
I hope he adds in the rest of the group.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Because he is a Mii costume and I'm more than happy with that right now. We need to focus on bringing back the franchise more than anything. We need to ask Goemon fans and gamers worldwide to buy the Mii costume so that maybe, just MAYBE, Goemon will be in the next Smash. But like I said more than anything, we should be concern about the Ganbare Goemon franchise's health and future more than anything.

Hell, Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon or Goemon's Great Adventure or both being ported to the Switch Online service or to the highly likely upcoming N64 Classic would bring me tears of joy at this point. :cry:

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Because he is a Mii costume and I'm more than happy with that right now. We need to focus on bringing back the franchise more than anything. We need to ask Goemon fans and gamers worldwide to buy the Mii costume so that maybe, just MAYBE, Goemon will be in the next Smash. But like I said more than anything, we should be concern about the Ganbare Goemon franchise's health and future more than anything.

Hell, Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon or Goemon's Great Adventure or both being ported to the Switch Online service or to the highly likely upcoming N64 Classic would bring me tears of joy at this point. :cry:
I am happy about it, but who knows? maybe Sakurai felt Goemon was better than this and he needed more time to implement him properly in the game for the time of releasing his collection, new game or his SNES/N64 switch port. Don't you want to show the desire for that? Because honestly, there aren't much sensible characters left. So, what if Sans gets to be playable in the next FP? I'd rather start working on that right now.
Also, we can push all fronts at once. Promoting the Mii costume, "wishing" him to be playable, asking for the collection, asking for his games ported in Switch online (SNES/N64) and asking for a new game.
The Switch SNES port is about
confirmed. Now if we want a "collection & new game" we have to show demand. "Especially" west side. Konami said they'll revive old IPs "globally" known. If we laze out now and fail to show that, expect nothing more than ports.
That's why I ask, show the desire and demand of.. Mii costume, him being playable in the upcoming FP, a collection and a new game. If we want Goemon properly revived, we must be fierce about it. We simply ain't getting a second chance at this.. please don't waste it. We got to push our hardest NOW.
Don't you get the message given by the artist? many feel the same. They just can't act alone, the need the masses to speak.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I am happy about it, but who knows? maybe Sakurai felt Goemon was better than this and he needed more time to implement him properly in the game for the time of releasing his collection, new game or his SNES/N64 switch port. Don't you want to show the desire for that? Because honestly, there aren't much sensible characters left. So, what if Sans gets to be playable in the next FP? I'd rather start working on that right now.
Also, we can push all fronts at once. Promoting the Mii costume, "wishing" him to be playable, asking for the collection, asking for his games ported in Switch online (SNES/N64) and asking for a new game.
The Switch SNES port is about
confirmed. Now if we want a "collection & new game" we have to show demand. "Especially" west side. Konami said they'll revive old IPs "globally" known. If we laze out now and fail to show that, expect nothing more than ports.
That's why I ask, show the desire and demand of.. Mii costume, him being playable in the upcoming FP, a collection and a new game. If we want Goemon properly revived, we must be fierce about it. We simply ain't getting a second chance at this.. please don't waste it. We got to push our hardest NOW.
Don't you get the message given by the artist? many feel the same. They just can't act alone, the need the masses to speak.
I guess you're right. If we don't push now, this could be the end for our boi:

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I guess you're right. If we don't push now, this could be the end for our boi:

Thank you.
Please help us reach that goal, we need every fan effort we can get. It's almost within our grasp, don't let it fly away :)
*Best GAME OVER screen ever* and a personal favorite.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Thank you.
Please help us reach that goal, we need every fan effort we can get. It's almost within our grasp, don't let it fly away :)
*Best GAME OVER screen ever* and a personal favorite.
Your welcome. Also, which Goemon game do you think has the best game over screen? I think for me it's a toss up between Ganbare Goemon 4 and Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Guess what I found on Amazon for $20
View attachment 240008

It is the Working Design Plush.
Woah! That's one lucky find. Congrats :)
Do they have more?

On another note, I love Yamajirou's remixes. Here's his latest:
A wise choice, best DS track imo.

If it's not a bother. A like or subscription would encourage more great works, and ultimately a more lively base. Please consider it.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

YsDisciple

Smash Lord

With the SNES NSO library out, I'd hope for The Legend of the Mystical Ninja (yes... the one with the WRONG names :mad:) to be added so to get the gears turning. Alternatively, Konami could put in some effort and release a Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja Anniversary collection like it did for Castlevania, and Contra, and bundle the aforementioned game, along with some of the other games from the series that never got localized.

Possible Anniversary Collection titles
Ganbare Goemon! Karakuri Doochuu (Famicom)
Ganbare Goemon Gaiden: Kieta Oogon Kiseru (Famicom)
The Legend of the Mystical Ninja (SNES)
Ganbare Goemon: Sarawareta Ebisumaru! (Game Boy)
Ganbare Goemon 2: Kiteretsu Shogun Magginesu (Super Famicom)
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (Game Boy)

And, if they feel like going the extra mile, they could add,

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (N64)
Goemon's Great Adventure (N64)

Outside of an anniversary collection, it'd be nice to get a localization of the DS game.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
With the SNES NSO library out, I'd hope for The Legend of the Mystical Ninja (yes... the one with the WRONG names :mad:) to be added so to get the gears turning. Alternatively, Konami could put in some effort and release a Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja Anniversary collection like it did for Castlevania, and Contra, and bundle the aforementioned game, along with some of the other games from the series that never got localized.

Possible Anniversary Collection titles
Ganbare Goemon! Karakuri Doochuu (Famicom)
Ganbare Goemon Gaiden: Kieta Oogon Kiseru (Famicom)
The Legend of the Mystical Ninja (SNES)
Ganbare Goemon: Sarawareta Ebisumaru! (Game Boy)
Ganbare Goemon 2: Kiteretsu Shogun Magginesu (Super Famicom)
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (Game Boy)

And, if they feel like going the extra mile, they could add,

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (N64)
Goemon's Great Adventure (N64)

Outside of an anniversary collection, it'd be nice to get a localization of the DS game.
The extra extra mile. The goemon ps2 game from working designs. It was already translated, just never released.

---

Here is Goemon Merchandise.
https://imgur.com/gallery/IWgU3zc

Enjoy.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Not sure if nico nico douga works for you guys, but this was too awesome of a remix to miss out, enjoy..
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18972647
Just fueling your Goemon flame, as we still have a long way to go. Hope you've been asking Konami for the games. Peace.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
And guess which is the top one..
Guys, we need to push for Goemon to become a fighter in the next Fighter's Pass. Some say Ryu Hayabusa is about guaranteed to be the next fighter. If so, and if there was any ninja deserving to playable he's definitely Goemon. Let's make it clear to Sakurai and Konami. Seriously, there are not much great candidates left, might as well be Goemon at this point.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Well, this might be on the way.. a long way, if it happens.. BEHOLD!

EHFtGh6UYAAhbfP.jpg

You, yes you.. don't peek from afar! You still haven't done your part in promoting Goemon to have a new game AND be in the next Fighter's Pass haven't you? Don't tell me you're still not convinced.. everyone's doing their part, so should you.

Goemon as a fighter in the next Fighter's Pass

Because why not? Because he's the most deserving? Because.. why you're still here, get moving, get promoting and asking.. we want him revived, properly.

Top Bottom