• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Grats on the costume. Though that probably means he's not gonna be playable in Ultimate.
Thanks.
Definitely, unfortunately. And with the announcement of FIVE more.. dang XD I mean, there aren't many left. Oh well, we're happy, and hopefully as K.Rool, he'll be playable next time. Now we just need a new game :)

Congratulations on the costume. I really love it as it looks like the actual character. Love it more than Sans´ costume. Sad the actual Goemon did not appear but still it seems nice and you should be proud.
Thank you so much for your kind words, much appreciated. We're very proud, we worked really hard for this one.
Aggh, damn it, he's a Mii Costume.

But I'm still pulling for him in Season 2.
Yeah I know, especially knowing there're five more to come. But you bet we'll be pushing for him, and any kind of help/pull is much appreciated. so thanks in advance :)

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
By the way guys, this goes without saying but..
You can easily promote Goemon now just by asking people to download the costume.. that's it.

It's only $0.75
Everyone can afford it (even with gold coins). This might give the indication needed that he's demanded and well, maybe making them rethink his play-ability chances.
Go do it.. oh and certainly, make sure you did that yourself first ;)

On another note: What voice did you guys choose for Goemon? I went Voice 3 Normal, I think it's the best fit.
Also, anyone would like to share their Goemon Mii face parameters?

Edit: One more thing, if you have the time (not necessarily the skills), share some art, video or anything you can come up with through medias.. especially under Nintendo's, Konami's and Sakurai's nose. Let's not laze this one out, it's a chance we shouldn't take lightly. Just flood'em with it. Sans fans are exceeding us in the part now, we can't afford that.. WE WILL MAKE IT NOTABLE, RIGHT UP ON THEIR FACES.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Once the High def Goemon Mii costume model comes out, I am going to make a proper head for it. Then we have a model that can be used with Ultimate. The game will stop being supported at some point. and hopefully hacking will be there afterwards.

But I really hope he gets in with season 2. Inkling has a costume. K Rool, Chrom. All have costumes. So, being a Mii Fighter does not stop him.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Once the High def Goemon Mii costume model comes out, I am going to make a proper head for it. Then we have a model that can be used with Ultimate. The game will stop being supported at some point. and hopefully hacking will be there afterwards.
I'll be looking forward to that. And if you can play with the model, please make him shorter. The body is fixed now, changing your Mii doesn't affect anything in this costume other than its head/face.

Boy, do you guys realize that no longer anyone can tell you Goemon is.. too obscure, too old, too Japanese, no one knows him, forgotten by Konami, went pachinko without return, has no new games, no one's asking for him, small fan base, not known outside of Japan, his games didn't sell well, media's not talking about him, looks weird.. etc. All those awful excuses are gone.. *POOF*, forever. Use that goemon fans.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
But I really hope he gets in with season 2. Inkling has a costume. K Rool, Chrom. All have costumes. So, being a Mii Fighter does not stop him.
Look, I'm not giving up on the chances, and we can improve those by promoting the costume itself. Yet I have to say, it's what you think.. at least this is what I think, here goes..

As I said to some, DLCs apparently are never fan requests (please prove me wrong). No one asked for joker, Hero or Terry. Banjo is an exception and I'll explain in a moment. We know DLCs are Nintendo call, so what Nintendo's using DLCs for? pulling ground off Sony. Microsft and Nintendo are going for Sony's big titles. Simple as that. Banjo was the only relations deal, lucky for Banjo fans Microsoft didn't care much about Smash than their own fans. (Banjo fans should really be thankful to Spencer, not Sakurai nor Nintendo).
Persona, always Sony (crumbs for Nintendo). Dragon Quest, always Sony (ever Nintendo insisted on cartridge). SNK games, mostly Sony (crumbs for Nintendo). So basically what I'm trying to say here, IF my analysis is correct, expect the next DLCs to be from well know Sony titles.. say Sora/Kingdom Hearts for example. And who knows? Crash, Spyro. None of those I prefer btw, it's just what I think.

EDIT: I had to post this..
Something else to be thankful to..
Do you guys realize how long this logo hasn't been in use?

EDyE43HUwAIlZMj.jpg

22 years! T W E N T Y . T W O years.. wow! we sure did accomplish something here.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The Mii costume was such an awesome surprise. It's nice to see you guys taking it well, like the Sans supporters. I'll definitely be grabbing him to support him.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
The Mii costume was such an awesome surprise. It's nice to see you guys taking it well, like the Sans supporters. I'll definitely be grabbing him to support him.
Thank you, we'd very much appreciate that.
For something that hasn't moved in 14-22 years between regions, that's something to be very proud and pleased about. Hopefully he'll be playable next time. Let's hope Konami makes the move now.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Look, I'm not giving up on the chances, and we can improve those by promoting the costume itself. Yet I have to say, it's what you think.. at least this is what I think, here goes..

As I said to some, DLCs apparently are never fan requests (please prove me wrong). No one asked for joker, Hero or Terry. Banjo is an exception and I'll explain in a moment. We know DLCs are Nintendo call, so what Nintendo's using DLCs for? pulling ground off Sony. Microsft and Nintendo are going for Sony's big titles. Simple as that. Banjo was the only relations deal, lucky for Banjo fans Microsoft didn't care much about Smash than their own fans. (Banjo fans should really be thankful to Spencer, not Sakurai nor Nintendo).
Persona, always Sony (crumbs for Nintendo). Dragon Quest, always Sony (ever Nintendo insisted on cartridge). SNK games, mostly Sony (crumbs for Nintendo). So basically what I'm trying to say here, IF my analysis is correct, expect the next DLCs to be from well know Sony titles.. say Sora/Kingdom Hearts for example. And who knows? Crash, Spyro. None of those I prefer btw, it's just what I think.

View attachment 237122

22 years! T W E N T Y . T W O years.. wow! we sure did accomplish something here.
The fact that the Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon logo pops up instead of the series logo makes me have great faith in the N64 games being on Switch online when the N64 games show up.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I dunno, it seems to me that characters get picked as long as they showed up on a Nintendo thing. Also, I've seen folks notice that what Nintendo would "logically pick" has been passed over for Sakurai choices. Joker, instead of a SMT character to promote SMTV (granted, Persona is popular). Terry Bogard, instead of a KOF character, or even Nakoruru. Hero seems like the only exception, but even then it actually turns out to have been a reversed situation (Sakurai chose Luminary as the base, while Enix picked the alts).

Also, for the record, DQ never stopped getting games for Nintendo hardware (spin-offs and remakes still count), even after Enix moved their major DQ entries to the Playstation until IX.

Seems like that theory is just asking for it to get sunken, depending on the next character to show up. Sakurai is openly known for never really having cared about the console wars anyway, so I don't think he'd arbitrarily snipe Sony. The only company he's subtly made fun of is Square, which has infamously given a paltry amount of content for Cloud in two games in a row.

The fact that the Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon logo pops up instead of the series logo makes me have great faith in the N64 games being on Switch online when the N64 games show up.
That'd be the dream. Although I did manage to score both of them online, this needs to happen.

FelFlick

Smash Cadet

View attachment 237122

Did you guys notice the difference on the logos used to show the Smash x Goemon partnership? The above one was used in the USA Direct, and the logo from the second Nintendo 64 game was used in the European Direct.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Actually, if you look at it. The series has no particular Logo in the west.. and so in japan, kind of. The logo keeps changing for each title. However in Japan it retains that basic tilted square shape each time. The SNES and the two N64 titles all had different title styles. Glad they went for the 64 one, as it corrects the wrongs of Kid Ying & Dr.Yang. The Mystical Ninja starring Goemon, perfect.
I dunno, it seems to me that characters get picked as long as they showed up on a Nintendo thing. Also, I've seen folks notice that what Nintendo would "logically pick" has been passed over for Sakurai choices. Joker, instead of a SMT character to promote SMTV (granted, Persona is popular). Terry Bogard, instead of a KOF character, or even Nakoruru. Hero seems like the only exception, but even then it actually turns out to have been a reversed situation (Sakurai chose Luminary as the base, while Enix picked the alts).

Also, for the record, DQ never stopped getting games for Nintendo hardware (spin-offs and remakes still count), even after Enix moved their major DQ entries to the Playstation until IX.

Seems like that theory is just asking for it to get sunken, depending on the next character to show up. Sakurai is openly known for never really having cared about the console wars anyway, so I don't think he'd arbitrarily snipe Sony. The only company he's subtly made fun of is Square, which has infamously given a paltry amount of content for Cloud in two games in a row.
That doesn't contradict with what I said.
Also, I did say crumbs for Nintendo (DQ).
Sakurai might not, but Nintendo does. And I think Sony knows it, that's why they announced Royal 2 (PS5).
It's just a theory.. a .. oh well
I'm all open to know why those picks specifically that no asked for. The new patch of fighters will let us know for sure. Not the 5th though.. or maybe.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Did you guys notice the difference on the logos used to show the Smash x Goemon partnership? The above one was used in the USA Direct, and the logo from the second Nintendo 64 game was used in the European Direct.
And for the japanese direct, it was the series logo. I went and checked. I need to find the european direct version of that screen cap. I prefer that logo.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Oh wow! no. Thanks. I'll go and save that one too.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Actually, if you look at it. The series has no particular Logo in the west.. and so in japan, kind of. The logo keeps changing for each title. However in Japan it retains that basic tilted square shape each time. The SNES and the two N64 titles all had different title styles. Glad they went for the 64 one, as it corrects the wrongs of Kid Ying & Dr.Yang. The Mystical Ninja starring Goemon, perfect.
But the interesting thing about the Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon logo is why didn't they go with The Legend of the Mystical Ninja logo for the western Directs? Legend of the Mystical Ninja has been on the VC for the Wii, Wii U, and 3DS but never Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon. To me, this is a very good sign that the N64 games are coming to Switch Online when N64 games are available.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
But the interesting thing about the Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon logo is why didn't they go with The Legend of the Mystical Ninja logo for the western Directs? Legend of the Mystical Ninja has been on the VC for the Wii, Wii U, and 3DS but never Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon. To me, this is a very good sign that the N64 games are coming to Switch Online when N64 games are available.
I would buy them. Legit. I would actually buy them again on my switch just to play them.
PLEASE MAKE THE ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION.
Just imagine if we could get the PS2 game that was translated but never released.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
But the interesting thing about the Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon logo is why didn't they go with The Legend of the Mystical Ninja logo for the western Directs? Legend of the Mystical Ninja has been on the VC for the Wii, Wii U, and 3DS but never Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon. To me, this is a very good sign that the N64 games are coming too Switch Online when N64 games are available.
Maybe they went for the 64 title because it's the most recent west side. But hey, I'm with you. I would LOVE to have the 64 titles.. again, HD, remastered, VC, SWO.. anything. So I sure hope you're right about this.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I would buy them. Legit. I would actually buy them again on my switch just to play them.
Just imagine if we could get the PS2 game that was translated but never released.
And the Super Famicom games we never got in the west. :awesome:

Maybe they went for the 64 title because it's the most recent west side. But hey, I'm with you. I would LOVE to have the 64 titles.. again, HD, remastered, VC, SWO.. anything. So I sure hope you're right about this.
Actually, Goemon's Great Adventure was the most recently released Goemon game west side.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
There won't be any kind of hesitation on my side. Hopefully physical though.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
And the Super Famicom games we never got in the west. :awesome:

Actually, Goemon's Great Adventure was the most recently released Goemon game west side.
Oh I'd LOVE official translations of these. The whole base agrees that the 4 SFC and the 2 N64 are the best in the series (given, there were great ones on PS as well).
Hmm, good point. I don't know then, I have no clue. Maybe they lost the license to the 2nd? or wanted to seperate the logo from the European one? I don't know.
Here you go guys, have this to promote

Anni 50th GoeEE.png

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Oh I'd LOVE official translations of these. The whole base agrees that the 4 SFC and the 2 N64 are the best in the series (given, there were great ones on PS as well).
Hmm, good point. I don't know then, I have no clue. Maybe they lost the license to the 2nd? or wanted to seperate the logo from the European one? I don't know.
Here you go guys, have this to promote

View attachment 237136
I've played and finished The Legend of the Mystical Ninja, Ganbare Goemon 3, Ganbare Goemon 4, Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon, and Goemon's Great Adventure. But I never played Ganbare Goemon 2. I need to hop to that if you know what I mean lol!

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I've played and finished The Legend of the Mystical Ninja, Ganbare Goemon 3, Ganbare Goemon 4, Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon, and Goemon's Great Adventure, but I never played Ganbare Goemon 2. I need to hop to that if you know what I mean lol!
I have been playing the two translated RPGS on the NES. So fun seeing those games in english.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Working Designs no longer exists, so who would release it? WayForward seem like the best bet for that.
My understanding is that the translation still exists and Was fully completed, they just did not release it because of Sony USA. They need to get it from the Working Designs employees, port it to the switch and boom. Collection.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Working Designs no longer exists, so who would release it? WayForward seem like the best bet for that.
Sometimes I think the Ganbare Goemon series influenced Shantae a little as Shantae's bosses in almost all of her games explode and than the screen lights up just like the Goemon bosses.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I've played and finished The Legend of the Mystical Ninja, Ganbare Goemon 3, Ganbare Goemon 4, Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon, and Goemon's Great Adventure. But I never played Ganbare Goemon 2. I need to hop to that if you know what I mean lol!
Oh I need to follow suit myself. Haha.
I have been playing the two translated RPGS on the NES. So fun seeing those games in english.
ebay or ROMs?
Sometimes I think the Ganbare Goemon series influenced Shantae a little as Shantae's bosses in almost all of her games explode and than the screen lights up just like the Goemon bosses.
I'd like to say that, but that's generally in many Japanese game titles.

Who'd would've thought.. PAGE 11.. haha

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Oh I need to follow suit myself. Haha.

ebay or ROMs?

I'd like to say that, but that's generally in many Japanese game titles.

Who'd would've thought.. PAGE 11.. haha
Roms. When I have money, I will pick up the repo carts.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Yo, GoeGoe, you can find the Famicom translations on RomHacking.

And yes, even the RPG got covered.
Thanks for the heads-up :)
Roms. When I have money, I will pick up the repo carts.
Basically, when you have the time too.

So I bought the fighters thinking Goemon costume was in that pack (that's before they listed the costumes). Aside from Goemon, I'll say, Banjo is definitely the most fun to play with. I like DQ, so Hero is a fav. too. Joker is not for me.

By the way, did you guys play Goemon on Goemon created stages? It was a blast. I have Impact stages saved from creators. All I need now is an Ebisumaru, Sasuke and Yae Miis :)

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Thanks for the heads-up :)

Basically, when you have the time too.

So I bought the fighters thinking Goemon costume was in that pack (that's before they listed the costumes). Aside from Goemon, I'll say, Banjo is definitely the most fun to play with. I like DQ, so Hero is a fav. too. Joker is not for me.

By the way, did you guys play Goemon on Goemon created stages? It was a blast. I have Impact stages saved from creators. All I need now is an Ebisumaru, Sasuke and Yae Miis :)
I made miis for them already. And yes. I made a goemon stage based on the final boss from the 4th snes game.

So good.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I made miis for them already. And yes. I made a goemon stage based on the final boss from the 4th snes game.

So good.
Did you share that code earlier? If not, may you?

I need to take some pictures n post'em everywhere :)

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
GoemonLogos.png

Here are the three logos.

Stages:
Goemon - GG4 FB - ID: 6WQKT9S8

Mii Fighter:
Sasuke - LN0KNP93

Looks like my mii's and other stages were removed already. 3 month Limit I think. Just checked though, there are Yae and Ebisumaru Miis everwhere.

And for the finally

Goemon_Smash1.jpg

Goemon_Smash2.jpg

Also, GoeGoe GoeGoe , Papagenos does not say your name, but he mentions you in his Direct video during the Goemon costume announcement.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
You know what'd be great? A Twitter campaign like many others. If there is one, I'd like to know about it. If there isn't, I'm too busy running Arle's to help with Goemon.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord

Here are the three logos.

Stages:
Goemon - GG4 FB - ID: 6WQKT9S8

Mii Fighter:
Sasuke - LN0KNP93

Looks like my mii's and other stages were removed already. 3 month Limit I think. Just checked though, there are Yae and Ebisumaru Miis everwhere.

And for the finally

View attachment 237313
View attachment 237314

Also, GoeGoe GoeGoe , Papagenos does not say your name, but he mentions you in his Direct video during the Goemon costume announcement.
Who said it was me? maybe he meant you.. haha, just kidding. I know, I thanked him already. That was such a nice gesture. To be happy for a fellow Smasher :) As so I'm wishing for him to get his Geno. Which I think will happen eventually. I told him, if we got Goemon, you're getting Geno.

Oh no! I didn't know that. I thought they were there forever. Thanks for the heads-up.
That was your stage? I got it saved long time ago. Nice Miis. Finally, Yae and Ebisumaru are perfect since we can change hair color.

Edit: Oh I saw those logos. It's nice to see Goemon spreading everywhere.
We're currently trying to solve Goemon's costume trailer mystery.

You know what'd be great? A Twitter campaign like many others. If there is one, I'd like to know about it. If there isn't, I'm too busy running Arle's to help with Goemon.
Have you read my Arle prediction? Sure the ponytail is out of the equation, but Jane wasn't Terry's code anme, right?
It's in the previous page or the one before it.

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I was rooting for him to be playable. I always loved the Goemon games.
Its a shame the costume didn't at least come with a piece of music or something.

Its nice to see the series represented at least.

I guess hope isn't entirely lost or anything, but I really don't think he'll be made into a full fighter at this point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom