• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Yo.. guys, check this AWESOME clip.. especially at 0:21
We don't even need to ask anymore.. HA!

EDIT: Also, 40 pages of awesome Goemon stuff.. who would've thought :)

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Hey guys, cheek Sakurai X Harada interview.. because..
Guess what was mentioned about 20 sec. after the 25th min.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I wish i had money for those. Darn. Oh well.
Anyway, anything new or interesting on the Goemon front?
Yeah.. a ton.. sort of..
first, a new Goemon X some cafe in Japan collaboration bringing new goods (well not only Goemon but the 4 main Konami Golden IPs), the classics.
Check this tweet's link..

Second, Konami Official Shop has added more Goemon goods.. under what they call "The Legacy Collection".

Finally, someone poped-up on ebay having more than TEN (10) of those rare Goemon plushes.

The bad news, all of the above is NOT cheap at all..

Well, let's hope this leads to something..

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
After the last presentation,
it's strange how Goemon got at least one bit of representation, yet the more popular video game series Ninja Gaiden has none at all.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
After the last presentation,
it's strange how Goemon got at least one bit of representation, yet the more popular video game series Ninja Gaiden has none at all.
Sorry, I don't think it's "more" popular. For real, not just because I'm a fan.

drag0nscythe drag0nscythe The condition is "Residence in Japan". 2Mil Yen for 1st place and the winner gets 30Mil. Yen game budget for development. Some teams are already forming. Also, the aim of Konami was clear "to be made by passionate fans".
So, all we can hope for is the winner team actually wins using a Goemon game.
It sounds weird, but I think it's a good approach by Konami.. now, it's all at the hands of fans.

In another note.. I don't think I want another Smash.. if it doesn't have Goemon.
How long should we wait for that?.. guys, if another Smash happens.. please.. don't give up hope on Goemon. (I know, that would be a grand task)

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Sorry, I don't think it's "more" popular. For real, not just because I'm a fan.

drag0nscythe drag0nscythe The condition is "Residence in Japan". 2Mil Yen for 1st place and the winner gets 30Mil. Yen game budget for development. Some teams are already forming. Also, the aim of Konami was clear "to be made by passionate fans".
So, all we can hope for is the winner team actually wins using a Goemon game.
It sounds weird, but I think it's a good approach by Konami.. now, it's all at the hands of fans.

In another note.. I don't think I want another Smash.. if it doesn't have Goemon.
How long should we wait for that?.. guys, if another Smash happens.. please.. don't give up hope on Goemon. (I know, that would be a grand task)
Yeah. I am debating if I still want to submit something, yet find a person in japan to push it. Pipe dream. And I was thinking. We had many, many, many Mii costumes. I think it says a lot that Goemon was chosen as one. Konami has tons of properities. Contra, Silent Hill, Castlevania, Frogger and many more. BUT we got a Goemon Mii. Given the amount of music and 2 characters and the boss and the assist trophy. I am certain Konami was fine with pulling from their entire catalogue (even bomberman was an AT) but they chose Goemon.

That speaks volumes to me. Someone on that staff was like "Well. Goemon is not going to be a character. But hey Mii sword fighter. lets go."

Unless he gets a new game, I never see him making it as a fighter in smash. but we do know someone cares about him.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Yeah. I am debating if I still want to submit something, yet find a person in japan to push it. Pipe dream. And I was thinking. We had many, many, many Mii costumes. I think it says a lot that Goemon was chosen as one. Konami has tons of properities. Contra, Silent Hill, Castlevania, Frogger and many more. BUT we got a Goemon Mii. Given the amount of music and 2 characters and the boss and the assist trophy. I am certain Konami was fine with pulling from their entire catalogue (even bomberman was an AT) but they chose Goemon.

That speaks volumes to me. Someone on that staff was like "Well. Goemon is not going to be a character. But hey Mii sword fighter. lets go."

Unless he gets a new game, I never see him making it as a fighter in smash. but we do know someone cares about him.
For now I just want to know or at least make sure there's a team going for Goemon.

To be frank, I lost my care for Smash.. I'll still push for Goemon if ever.. but honestly, not sure why, the game just doesn't excite me as much.. maybe if Goemon joined though. For now, there's a ZM something smash mod that has an astounding Goemon model planned for play.

There's an undoubted push for Goemon going on.. and so far it's been great.. yet I just don't want his future hanging on a contest, as much as I like the concept of it. Oh well, we need to wait till the end of 2022 to know what would that bring.. sigh.. Konami is acting too slow for my taste. they need to catch the Switch train.. and fast (for Goemon that is).

Top Bottom