• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
What would help the Ganbare Goemon series greatly right about now, is for Konami to release an Anniversary Collection of the series like it has done so for Castlevania, and Contra. There are quite a number of Goemon games to choose from, and even include games that never made it to the west. The Castlevania Anniversary Collection is proof that Japan exclusive games can be localized. In fact, today I came across this article from Destructoid pretty much suggesting that very same thing.

Inversely, Smash has proven to catapult series into the spotlight (like it did with Fire Emblem back in Melee), and it's doing so now with the Fighters Pass (Hero from Dragon Quest, and FREAKIN' Banjo & Kazooie). Come to think of it, these days for some reason it crossed my mind that, what if Goemon is in the Fighters Pass? Sure, many might think "oh, but Mystical Ninja is a dead franchise. Konami let it die through pachinko games. That franchise is only known to Japan". Both Fire Emblem, and Dragon Quest representation included in Smash defeats the argument of Japan exclusivity, and King K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie do the same for the "relevance" argument. In fact, what if Konami has already planned things out with Nintendo, agreeing to include Goemon in Ultimate's Fighters Pass, releasing simultaneously with a Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja Anniversary Collection?

These are all guesses, speculation, wishful thinking, but I can't help but to NOT discard the possibility of such things still being possible. Nonetheless, the starting point is for Konami to acknowledge that they have an invaluable IP on their hands, and that it could DEFINITELY use a new game (and more afterwards).
We're working on that (convincing Konami to bring a localized collection), any shout out still help. Don't lean on our sole efforts on this regard.

I came across that article a while back (didn't I link here?). Anyways, thanks to whoever brought it and wrote it.

THIS. Yes, if not Goemon then who? It's been in mind, well, ever since I wanted Goemon in Smash. I'll add that actually the franchise is not dead on pachinkos, it's still alive through ports. last seen in 2017 on SFC mini (first SFC/SNES game). Also, it's among the rumored Switch online SNES games (yes the SNES's Mystical Ninja, not the SFC's Ganbare Goemon).

This might come as shocking in the west, but boy what a struck of luck that Banjo gets in before Goemon. That had no sense at all.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Besides Goemon, who would you guys what next after him as a secondary Goemon rep? I know it would obviously have to be Ebisumaru, but I would honestly prefer my girl Yae next. :love: But if I had it my way, the whole Goemon gang would be in Smash's roster.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Besides Goemon, who would you guys what next after him as a secondary Goemon rep? I know it would obviously have to be Ebisumaru, but I would honestly prefer my girl Yae next. :love: But if I had it my way, the whole Goemon gang would be in Smash's roster.
Actually, what if Goemon's Down Special were... character select? :2gud: One could switch between the entire Goemon squad and each with their own moveset (like Pokémon Trainer).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Actually, what if Goemon's Down Special were... character select? :2gud: One could switch between the entire Goemon squad and each with their own moveset (like Pokémon Trainer).
My man, you just won the Internet. That's how we can get them all in the game.

drag0nscythe drag0nscythe you should put this man's idea into the OP.

Now that I think about it, this would make more people interested in supporting the Goemon gang.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Was giving it a bit more thought and, if Goemon's Down Special were Character Select (one would cycle through all of the ninjas in order; i.e. Goemon > Ebisumaru > Sasuke > Yae > Goemon), their other specials are pretty much set.

Goemon
Neutral B = Ryo toss (charge for a fire imbued Ryo coin)
Side B = Boxing Glove combo (from Ganbare Goemon: Tōkai Dōchū Ōedo Tengu ri Kaeshi no Maki )
Up B = could be either a simple third jump, or the Chain Pipe (though the Chain Pipe would fit more as his ranged grab, which could also tether grab edges)
Playstyle = Balanced

Ebisumaru
Neutral B = Shuriken throw (if added the option of charging the move, it would result in a Poison Mist...?)
Side B = Megaphone (from Goemon's Great Adventure), creating stone words
Up B = Hula Hoop
Playstyle = set-up

Sasuke
Neutral B = throw Bombs (if charged can throw a bigger Bomb)
Side B = Frozen Kunais (may freeze opponents)
Up B = Jetpack (no hitbox)
Playstyle = rushdown

Yae
Neutral B = Bazooka (if charged, it'll lock-on to the nearest opponent)
Side B = Sword Shield technique (can deflect projectiles)
Up B = Mermaid-jutsu (transforms into a mermaid and rides an upward wave, similar to Squirtle's Up B)
Playstyle = close & long range

Dunno, these could be a neat way to not simply bring Goemon to Smash, but to represent the whole Ganbare Goemon squad.:bowsette:

EDIT: Went back to read on the OP and drag0nscythe drag0nscythe 's Up B's for Goemon and Ebisumaru would fit better.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
If you guys went some comments back, that's actually what I suggested to drag0nscythe drag0nscythe
Sorry, but beat you to it.. not some comments back, but years ago. As that was my initial thought ever I wanted Goemon in.
No gang member gets left behind.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Not a bad suggestion. Only thing I fear is that it would be 4 characters treated as one, similar to how Shiek and Zelda was, but now with 4 characters in one. Which would cause alot of gripes. I remember when Sheik mains were freaking out over even having to be associated with Zelda.

Now if each character basically has the same moveset, with different properties, it might work.

Let me mull over it. We have to consider the A moves also, and if there were anything unique, then it makes it much tougher to do.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Out of all the villains in the Ganbare Goemon series, which one would you guys like to see the most as a playable character in Smash alongside the Goemon gang? For me, it would definitely have to be Dancin & Lilly as a duo type team.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Not a bad suggestion. Only thing I fear is that it would be 4 characters treated as one, similar to how Shiek and Zelda was, but now with 4 characters in one. Which would cause alot of gripes. I remember when Sheik mains were freaking out over even having to be associated with Zelda.

Now if each character basically has the same moveset, with different properties, it might work.

Let me mull over it. We have to consider the A moves also, and if there were anything unique, then it makes it much tougher to do.
Sheik fans didn't even know she was a woman. So yeah, they're not my example for things to freak about.
I'm not sure what you mean by gripes, who in Goemon base wouldn't be happy to play as all 4? Given, I need that to be instantaneous like the 64 game. Definitely not as slow as P.Trainer. That'll give'em edge. Each with his/her own unique special moves and stats.

If you wan to go through it all, you'll have to figure about 40 moves for each.. that's about 160 total

Out of all the villains in the Ganbare Goemon series, which one would you guys like to see the most as a playable character in Smash alongside the Goemon gang? For me, it would definitely have to be Dancin & Lilly as a duo type team.
Oh not that, if you want the whole base to agree on one it'll definitely be ShiShi Juurokubee (or Jurokubei if you'd like). Some might say Harakiri Seppukumaru too.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Thing is, people that are non-Goemon fans already see PT as having an unfair advantage despite being slow in regards to swapping. Having four speedy ninjas would annoy folks even more. Especially heavyweight users...

In the meantime, we honestly don't know if Sakurai would do something this daring right off the bat when third parties barely get one unique character as it is for now.

Thankfully Ebisumaru always changed his main weapon, so making a moveset for him shouldn't be too hard.

Honestly, I wouldn't really want anyone else beyond the heroes, but if I had to pick someone, Magginesu. Especially if his rabbit generals are used in his A moves.

If not, Harakiri Seppukumaru would be good too.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So, group effort here. If we decide that the Goemon Team would be a character untue itself, We would need to have 4 icons per character you are, so roughly 32 icons for the one character. we have 4 from my post above. need to make more.

As for How they would function, I think the simpilest approach is to have all the B moves be the same, but with different properities.
The Average one (Goemon)
The Tank (Ebisumaru)
The Speedy (Sasuke)
The Attack (Yae)

Will think about it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Thing is, people that are non-Goemon fans already see PT as having an unfair advantage despite being slow in regards to swapping. Having four speedy ninjas would annoy folks even more. Especially heavyweight users...
Good :D
I don't mind it at all :D

Lol! I would say bring on the salt. Anything to get the Goemon gang in Smash.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
So, group effort here. If we decide that the Goemon Team would be a character untue itself, We would need to have 4 icons per character you are, so roughly 32 icons for the one character. we have 4 from my post above. need to make more.

As for How they would function, I think the simpilest approach is to have all the B moves be the same, but with different properities.
The Average one (Goemon)
The Tank (Ebisumaru)
The Speedy (Sasuke)
The Attack (Yae)

Will think about it.
No no no, here were we go beyond Sakurai and make the gang a true unique fighter. Here's my original idea, no speed, heavy or that stuff.. staying true to the game, all members have the exact same stats and hit boxes, but they differ and excel in their weapons. Think about it.. I can go for details, but I'm leaving that to your imagination ;)

I didn't get what you meant by those icons, why 4?

Lol! I would say bring on the salt. Anything to get the Goemon gang in Smash.
Well I mean there're plenty of shakers, might as well make Goemon THE bag ;)

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
No no no, here were we go beyond Sakurai and make the gang a true unique fighter. Here's my original idea, no speed, heavy or that stuff.. staying true to the game, all members have the exact same stats and hit boxes, but they differ and excel in their weapons. Think about it.. I can go for details, but I'm leaving that to your imagination ;)

I didn't get what you meant by those icons, why 4?

Well I mean there're plenty of shakers, might as well make Goemon THE bag ;)
Given the Spirits and those dynamics, I think it would be good to play into those three categories. Would help with the characters identity and meshing with smash, if we were to have the Goemon Team as the next character.

For moves, All characters should share B moves. They do in a way already.

Neutral B
Goemon - Medal of Flames (from Legend of Mystical Ninja [SNES])
Ebisumaru - Ninja Star
Sasuke - Throwing Kunai
Yae - Bazooka shot

All can be charged. Metal of Flames has fire damage, Ninja Star can bounce off of walls. Throwing Kuani has water/ice damage and Bazooka fires three when charged.

Forward B
Goemon - Mist Meteorite (from bouken jidai katsugeki goemon [PS2])
Ebisumaru - Poison Mist.
Sasuke - Poisen Bombs
Yae - Bazooka Poisen shot.

In smash, Goemon will throw out a bluish mist meteorite. It will go from his fist a small distance in front of him. This mist damages anyone in the area it occupies and lasts for a few seconds after sprayinng. While mist is on the stage, this move cannot be used again. Ebisumaru turns around and farts out a purple mist that works like PPs attack. Sasuke tosses a bomb that releases a mist. Yae shoots her Bazooka into the ground in front of her. Has a poisen effect.

Down B
Swap Ninja

Switches between the different Ninjas. The order is Goemon, Ebisumaru, Sasuke and Yae. But if you hold it down, a list shows up and you can quick select the fighter you want to change to.

Up B
Goemon - Super Goemon [Legend of the Mystical Ninja [SNES]
Ebisumau - Flying Fans
Sasuke - Jet Engines
Yae - Flying Cloud

Goemon dawn his super cape and lunge into the air. He will then slowly float down, giving him execellent horizontal recovery. If this move is canceled, or he is hit, he begins free fall. He kind of looks like he is flying like a super hero while performing the move. The move functions mostly the same for the other characters also. It is the recovery up move.

As for Taunts, each character should have their own three. A moves should all function similarly, with mostly similar properities, but incentives to switch ninja. Yae has longer reach. Ebisumaru takes more hits, Sasuke is faster and peeks damage more and Goemon is good all round.

So it would be

Goemon is neutral
Ebisumaru is defense.
Sasuke is speed
Yae is attack.

And their spirit battles would be 12 spirits.

Fighter Spirits
Yae, Goemon, Sasuke, Ebisumaru

Other Spirits
Monoshiri
Goemon Team
Baben and Goroku
Future Goemon Team
Omitsu
Seppekumaru
Impact
Korubei, Princess Yuki and Fedual Lord
Miss Impact
Suzaku

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Given the Spirits and those dynamics, I think it would be good to play into those three categories. Would help with the characters identity and meshing with smash, if we were to have the Goemon Team as the next character.

For moves, All characters should share B moves. They do in a way already.

Neutral B
Goemon - Medal of Flames (from Legend of Mystical Ninja [SNES])
Ebisumaru - Ninja Star
Sasuke - Throwing Kunai
Yae - Bazooka shot

All can be charged. Metal of Flames has fire damage, Ninja Star can bounce off of walls. Throwing Kuani has water/ice damage and Bazooka fires three when charged.

Forward B
Goemon - Mist Meteorite (from bouken jidai katsugeki goemon [PS2])
Ebisumaru - Poison Mist.
Sasuke - Poisen Bombs
Yae - Bazooka Poisen shot.

In smash, Goemon will throw out a bluish mist meteorite. It will go from his fist a small distance in front of him. This mist damages anyone in the area it occupies and lasts for a few seconds after sprayinng. While mist is on the stage, this move cannot be used again. Ebisumaru turns around and farts out a purple mist that works like PPs attack. Sasuke tosses a bomb that releases a mist. Yae shoots her Bazooka into the ground in front of her. Has a poisen effect.

Down B
Swap Ninja

Switches between the different Ninjas. The order is Goemon, Ebisumaru, Sasuke and Yae. But if you hold it down, a list shows up and you can quick select the fighter you want to change to.

Up B
Goemon - Super Goemon [Legend of the Mystical Ninja [SNES]
Ebisumau - Flying Fans
Sasuke - Jet Engines
Yae - Flying Cloud

Goemon dawn his super cape and lunge into the air. He will then slowly float down, giving him execellent horizontal recovery. If this move is canceled, or he is hit, he begins free fall. He kind of looks like he is flying like a super hero while performing the move. The move functions mostly the same for the other characters also. It is the recovery up move.

As for Taunts, each character should have their own three. A moves should all function similarly, with mostly similar properities, but incentives to switch ninja. Yae has longer reach. Ebisumaru takes more hits, Sasuke is faster and peeks damage more and Goemon is good all round.

So it would be

Goemon is neutral
Ebisumaru is defense.
Sasuke is speed
Yae is attack.

And their spirit battles would be 12 spirits.

Fighter Spirits
Yae, Goemon, Sasuke, Ebisumaru

Other Spirits
Monoshiri
Goemon Team
Baben and Goroku
Future Goemon Team
Omitsu
Seppekumaru
Impact
Korubei, Princess Yuki and Fedual Lord
Miss Impact
Suzaku
Excellent work..
A few things to say though.. You still went for stat change, my idea is that you enjoy the fighter regardless, not needing to stress on who to use. I think it's a downfall for a fighter, for example Shulk. Goemon gang are not a strategic type of fighters. they just go all out. Also, i think we went too excessive on poisoning.. plenty of moves out there to choose from other than that. For variety sake.
So who is your favorite member of the Goemon gang guys? Mine is our girl Yae.
I guess it's obvious.. Goemon, who else?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Excellent work..
A few things to say though.. You still went for stat change, my idea is that you enjoy the fighter regardless, not needing to stress on who to use. I think it's a downfall for a fighter, for example Shulk. Goemon gang are not a strategic type of fighters. they just go all out. Also, i think we went too excessive on poisoning.. plenty of moves out there to choose from other than that. For variety sake.

I guess it's obvious.. Goemon, who else?
I understand what you mean, but I very much think that since they killed swapping fighters in Smash4, they would not bring it back. Pokemon Trainer is the only one and that was because it was literally their gimmick. I think four variations of the same play style would be very unique.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
True that each ninja having their own unique specials, tilt, and smash attacks would be a hassle to make, but still... it'd be pretty cool if it were possible. :seuss: Tweeted to Konami last week asking if they'd be willing to make an Anniversary Collection of the series but, meh... probably drowned in the feed. :urg:

It's curious how the Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon series is one such series that not only would it represent its unique, quirky franchise (containing legitimately hilarious dialogue and instances), but in addition it would be a representation of sorts of Japan. When I think of Goemon, besides the whole gang and its memorable games, I think of Japan. Most of the franchise's hit titles take place in a fantasy-Edo Japan era, that despite the crazy characters and events, the player can still see the culture (the edo-era clothing, folkloric characters or entities, real-life locations, the meals, etc.). If Goemon were to someday come to Smash Bros. (whether Ultimate, or a future installment), I believe the inclusion would be a BIG deal (just like Banjo-Kazooie's, but in a different aspect).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think the whole gang being tethered together would make it hard for them to be brought back more than once anyway, so I'd settle for just Goemon. Anything beyond him is just gravy, seeing how tough it is to get him in here as is. But as always, I'll just wait and see until something comes along that inevitably proves me wrong.

It's curious how the Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon series is one such series that not only would it represent its unique, quirky franchise (containing legitimately hilarious dialogue and instances), but in addition it would be a representation of sorts of Japan. When I think of Goemon, besides the whole gang and its memorable games, I think of Japan. Most of the franchise's hit titles take place in a fantasy-Edo Japan era, that despite the crazy characters and events, the player can still see the culture (the edo-era clothing, folkloric characters or entities, real-life locations, the meals, etc.). If Goemon were to someday come to Smash Bros. (whether Ultimate, or a future installment), I believe the inclusion would be a BIG deal (just like Banjo-Kazooie's, but in a different aspect).
I can see what you mean. It'd be like if Dynasty Warriors was chosen as a Koei Tecmo series, although that has more historical figures.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
drag0nscythe drag0nscythe , Never hurts to dream :)
YsDisciple YsDisciple , Keep asking

and just so you all know, Konami has once again showed their interest in reviving old IPs, and guess who's been asked for most in Japan?
Yes, our hero. Keep pushing guys, we're almost there.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Guys, according to everything so far... unfortunately I think our next DLC is that female from Astral Chain.
I've sent a message to papagenos papagenos about my thoughts.. which are like so

Our ponytail

-Jane (Astral Jane.. chain :p)
-Ponytail
-female
-like a warrior
-has a flying weapon
-no one asked for
-will disappoint many
-not a 1st party
-the usual DLC ad. material
-has a mecha, and is most probably what she'll use for a final smash

Like WFT, the character will be 4 female types and 4 male types.. one of those is our ponytail.
If this turns out to be true.. it'll be truly disappointing
oh Goemon.

Edit: Oh and one thing came clear too.. that STARLING bird image... ASTRAL bird image..

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I will say, I'd actually be glad that it would finally kill that "third parties only" fan rule assumption that's been lingering around for so long in regards to the pass. But, let's be real here, I doubt Goemon will be prioritised this time even if there's more DLC after this.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I will say, I'd actually be glad that it would finally kill that "third parties only" fan rule assumption that's been lingering around for so long in regards to the pass. But, let's be real here, I doubt Goemon will be prioritised this time even if there's more DLC after this.
It all depends on Konami. So far they have ignited a will of revival, they just need that final push now. I don't know if you know about this, but official Konami "retro" merchs are already on sale in Japan. Those of course include Goemon.. shirts, stickers.. etc.. So let's stay hopeful here.
As for the 3rd party rule, I don't think it was mentioned that way (although I'm not 100% sure). Reggie said that all DLCs will be from franchises that weren't in Smash before. So according to that it most probably a 3rd party.. BUT, Astral Chain is a "2nd" party and is "new" to Smash.. unfortunately, as I still don't want anything from that game in Smash yet. We need that spot for something better.
Also, why would you like to take down that rule, it's in favor of our ninja?

EDIT:
PapaGenos made a video about a new supposed leak. Which claims the next DLC is
Ryu Hayabusa
... sigh
I just want Goemon, man.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Beautiful, just beautiful! I would kill for a N64 Goemon shirt.
There was an SNES/SFC one. The first game, 4 images from the game centered by the Goemon logo. A month or so back. They were sold out in a week or so however. A temporary shop opened by Konami in.. Harajuku.. or was it Shinjuku. I totally forgot. Celebrating their retro games and their 50th anniversary. What the Goemon series got was a logo sticker, stage towel and that T-shirt (one design, two colors Black & white).
So, Konami is celebrating their old IPs, and they want to revive them. Let's keep pushing, keep asking, you never know what or when you'll get it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
There was an SNES/SFC one. The first game, 4 images from the game centered by the Goemon logo. A month or so back. They were sold out in a week or so however. A temporary shop opened by Konami in.. Harajuku.. or was it Shinjuku. I totally forgot. Celebrating their retro games and their 50th anniversary. What the Goemon series got was a logo sticker, stage towel and that T-shirt (one design, two colors Black & white).
So, Konami is celebrating their old IPs, and they want to revive them. Let's keep pushing, keep asking, you never know what or when you'll get it.
Smash audience: Go-e-mon! Go-e-mon! GO-E-MON!!!

My lord that would be such a beautiful sound to hear in Smash someday.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I hate the idea of Ryu Hayabusa. Ninja Gaiden is not that special of a series. The three on the NES, then the 3 on XBox does not make a series that is grand and great. It just lasted longer than others due to Team Ninja shoving him in DOA.

He is not on the same level as Simon would ever be.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I hate the idea of Ryu Hayabusa. Ninja Gaiden is not that special of a series. The three on the NES, then the 3 on XBox does not make a series that is grand and great. It just lasted longer than others due to Team Ninja shoving him in DOA.

Simon has a whole genre co-named after him so of course Hayabusa isn't anywhere on Simon's level. But I do believe Hayabusa does deserve to be in Smash even if his series isn't as important as our boi Goemon's. But I somewhat agree about Ninja Gaidan not being that iconic and more of NES nostalgia for a lot of gamers more than anything. Ninja Gaidan really is more of a cult franchise than a inspiring one like Castlevania.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Simon has a whole genre co-named after him so of course Hayabusa isn't anywhere on Simon's level. But I do believe Hayabusa does deserve to be in Smash even if his series isn't as important as our boi Goemon's. But I somewhat agree about Ninja Gaidan not being that iconic and more of NES nostalgia for a lot of gamers more than anything. Ninja Gaidan really is more of a cult franchise than a inspiring one like Castlevania.
It is. And it was only remembered because of its stupid difficulty. If he does get in, he will be my butt monkey. Every smash match will be dedicated to killing him. I really do not like his character.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It is. And it was only remembered because of its stupid difficulty. If he does get in, he will be my butt monkey. Every smash match will be dedicated to killing him. I really do not like his character.
I mean I love the NES but damn it is so overrated to the point that almost every good game on the system is seen as a masterpiece by a bunch of people. Honestly, I think the SNES and the N64 need more representation in the roster at this point.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I hate the idea of Ryu Hayabusa. Ninja Gaiden is not that special of a series.

Why would you say Simon when you could've simply said Goemon. As much as Simon is known (west side) and the so called Metrovania gener. It is just recently that Castlevania caught up with the Goemon series in number of games. That's 14 years head start.. well, it's not like it was Goemon's choice.

Nevertheless, not just me, the general Smash audience I came across are not that keen about the news.. but wow, imagine if that was Goemon.
WHO'S THAT FREAK LOOKING BLUE WIG. . . WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIS FACE.

The hate.. the aura.. I can feel it through my screen.
You know, I would've taken Shinobi over Gaiden.. and Jajamaru over both.
On the only bright side, it's better than something we wouldn't like at all. . . and a good friend here wants him in (making it very hard for me to go full on on Ryu, it makes my friend happy)

I mean I love the NES but damn it is so overrated to the point that almost every good game on the system is seen as a masterpiece by a bunch of people. Honestly, I think the SNES and the N64 need more representation in the roster at this point.
THANK YOU
Reason is, is how Nintendo keeps making it seems like so. . . (I'm looking at you Switch Online.. ugh)
So far so, some people used to call Mega Man a Nintendo property.

inb4 GOEMON ninjas in, instead of Hayabusa. :troll: Here's still to hoping.
I sure hope so.

I'll say, in all seriousness, Ryu getting in is the biggest slap to Goemon. As a ninja, as a more iconic character, as a more demanded one, as a one with more history with Nintendo, as an IP to a company that still supports Nintendo... and the list goes on.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Soo umm..
You can relax guys.. sorta..
The next DLC fighter is not Ryu..
But a fighter from SNK (pretty much confirmed.. BY NINTENDO). Who is he/she, we don't know?
Is this looking good for Goemon.. *hysterically laughing*.. I don't know..

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Soo umm..
You can relax guys.. sorta..
The next DLC fighter is not Ryu..
But a fighter from SNK (pretty much confirmed.. BY NINTENDO). Who is he/she, we don't know?
Is this looking good for Goemon.. *hysterically laughing*.. I don't know..
I already heard about this in the Geno thread. This is disappointing.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I already heard about this in the Geno thread. This is disappointing.
Man, anything not Goemon is disappointing to me.
Well, we got our "I don't want Ryu" wish come true.. haha :p
Oh boy.. having a shot at the 5th pack at this rate.. I so want to say a lot, so much that I could get banned.. forever

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Man, anything not Goemon is disappointing to me.
Well, we got our "I don't want Ryu" wish come true.. haha :p
Oh boy.. having a shot at the 5th pack at this rate.. I so want to say a lot, so much that I could get banned.. forever
I might not get Goemon in this game, but at least I got :ultkrool:, :ultridley:, and :ultbanjokazooie: who I've all wanted just as much.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I might not get Goemon in this game, but at least I got :ultkrool:, :ultridley:, and :ultbanjokazooie: who I've all wanted just as much.
I'll be honest with you. None of those excited the slightest.. like, at all. If not negatively.
All I ever wanted are Mega Man and Goemon. Nothing more, nothing less.

Top Bottom