• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Awesome... but... where's Bill Rizer and Sparkster? Where's Pentarou and Chichibinta Rika?
Ah, my dear Sparkster. 2nd wish after Goemon.. but after his last game, I don't know about his survival chances.. sigh, pity.
For some reason, Bomberman being relegated to a small footnote pisses me off...
Actually, that's a bag keychain... a bomb shaped balloon and two hairpins (White & Black, one on each girl)... so yeah, less than a footnote. But what's the complaining about? he's already in Smash :p

Hey, we reached page 5.. cool, cool :)

Intsuno.o

Smash Rookie
This thought got me thinking But is there a discord server for us goemon fans? I mean it’s pretty nice for all of us fans to come together? ^^ if there isn’t a server I’ll be in for the idea to make one if that’s ok

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This thought got me thinking But is there a discord server for us goemon fans? I mean it’s pretty nice for all of us fans to come together? ^^ if there isn’t a server I’ll be in for the idea to make one if that’s ok
I don't know if there is one, but go for it anyway.

Intsuno.o

Smash Rookie
Oh welp I’ll be making the discord server then I’ll let you all know when it’s done till then take care!

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
What have goemon fans been up to? Like I said, ripping models. If there are any requests, lay it on me. For now, I am just ripping whatever and submitting them.

https://www.models-resource.com/nintendo_64/goemonsgreatadventure/
https://www.models-resource.com/nintendo_64/mysticalninjastarringgoemon/

All models I made personally
https://www.models-resource.com/custom_edited/goemoncustoms/

My model thread from the first round of submissions. Most got rejected, so I am resubmitting again.
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-32316.html

Intsuno.o

Smash Rookie
What have goemon fans been up to? Like I said, ripping models. If there are any requests, lay it on me. For now, I am just ripping whatever and submitting them.

My model thread from the first round of submissions. Most got rejected, so I am resubmitting again.
I can’t really think of anything but I gotta say this all looks real impressing niceu

Intsuno.o

Smash Rookie
Update on discord server: it’s going along nicely but it would be appreciated if we have two admins or
Maybe 3 to work on the server since I’m not really an expert if anyone is interested please let me know thank you

GoeGoe

Smash Lord

So here's the really REALLY hard request.. can anyone rip the Pachislot models. That would be the awesomest addition to a mod Smash..
or am I having day dreams :[

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Thank you for finally being the one to rip Umibōzu and Dochuki's Final Form, I thank you. I love your customs, would you let me or anybody use them if me or somebody else ever decides to create a Goemon hack? Also, can you rip the models for Devil Death God, Dochuki's normal form, and Dharumanyo please?

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Thank you for finally being the one to rip Umibōzu and Dochuki's Final Form, I thank you. I love your customs, would you let me or anybody use them if me or somebody else ever decides to create a Goemon hack? Also, can you rip the models for Devil Death God, Dochuki's normal form, and Dharumanyo please?
Go for it. You can use them.

Those models were rejected. But the rejected ones are in the models-resource forum post. I will resubmit them proper when i get back to that game. Ripping npcs from mn64 right now. Just finished the theif.

So here's the really REALLY hard request.. can anyone rip the Pachislot models. That would be the awesomest addition to a mod Smash..
or am I having day dreams :[
I wish i had a copy of that game. I think the whole thing was video though, so no models to be grabbed.

Which is a shame.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Probably because he was originally not a Konami character, but that's Konami for you.
Ah, my dear Sparkster. 2nd wish after Goemon.. but after his last game, I don't know about his survival chances.. sigh, pity.

Actually, that's a bag keychain... a bomb shaped balloon and two hairpins (White & Black, one on each girl)... so yeah, less than a footnote. But what's the complaining about? he's already in Smash :p

Hey, we reached page 5.. cool, cool :)
Actually, I think it's a reference to that girl-centric Bomberman arcade game...

Edit: Yup, it's those bomber girls that can get stripped. Honestly, even Act Zero would have been more preferable to showcase in this collage. Seriously, it's like including a reference to Castlevania's pachinko game instead of Ayami Kojima's big three.

Awesome... but... where's Bill Rizer and Sparkster? Where's Pentarou and Chichibinta Rika?
A person of good taste, although Rika may be too obscure a pick.

That said, at least Sparkster now has an icon on this board. :b: Not for the blonde one, but beggars aren't choosers.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I wish i had a copy of that game. I think the whole thing was video though, so no models to be grabbed.

Which is a shame.
Yeah I realized that after my post.. which is a shame X)
We need a talented 3D modeler to make us one for a Smash mod... the question is, who?
Actually, I think it's a reference to that girl-centric Bomberman arcade game...

Edit: Yup, it's those bomber girls that can get stripped. Honestly, even Act Zero would have been more preferable to showcase in this collage. Seriously, it's like including a reference to Castlevania's pachinko game instead of Ayami Kojima's big three.

A person of good taste, although Rika may be too obscure a pick.

That said, at least Sparkster now has an icon on this board. :b: Not for the blonde one, but beggars aren't choosers.
Never heard of it, and I'm very much glad I didn't..
Don't loose hope, a Konami collection is on the way, so who knows? ;)

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Where's Pentarou and Chichibinta Rika?
I wanna say they're from more obscure subseries of Gradius, but then remembered how just obsessed Konami was with penguins as seen in the 80s and Parodius-games through that. You'd think one of them would slip their way in there...

Also, hellooo. Been in personal ventures for a while, but felt bit curious to check this thread out.

EDIT: Might also be wondering if to explore Parodius-related content that Goemon got, but maybe post it in bits. Probably for funsies, hah~

Last edited:

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
I always thought Goemon seemed more unique than someone like Ryu H. I just think Goemon would have a less rehashed moveset.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I wanna say they're from more obscure subseries of Gradius, but then remembered how just obsessed Konami was with penguins as seen in the 80s and Parodius-games through that. You'd think one of them would slip their way in there...

Also, hellooo. Been in personal ventures for a while, but felt bit curious to check this thread out.

EDIT: Might also be wondering if to explore Parodius-related content that Goemon got, but maybe post it in bits. Probably for funsies, hah~
Boyacky's voice actor making a Hokuto No Ken reference after Goemon Compact's defeat is quite the precious thing.

I always thought Goemon seemed more unique than someone like Ryu H. I just think Goemon would have a less rehashed moveset.
That's the thing, yes. Goemon has plenty to work with, including tossing Ryo, a power-up mode, chain pipe attacks, maybe even use a kite to get back on stage, and a bit of kabuki dance moves if they can make it work. Goemon Impact goes without saying.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
but then remembered how just obsessed Konami was with penguins

Also, hellooo.
Ahh.. You bring a Penguin's memories.. sweet memories ;)

And that would be my Hello to you O/

Thank you. Personally, I never doubted that Goemon is the most unique character in the entirety of gaming. You can't beat the uniqueness of a gag character.
Boyacky's voice actor making a Hokuto No Ken reference after Goemon Compact's defeat is quite the precious thing.
Wow! No wonder you're a Goemon fan. Ever wondered if they were the inspiration behind Wario and Waluigi?
Is that a typo or an actual name given in that game? Still fitting for that "compact" form.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wow! No wonder you're a Goemon fan. Ever wondered if they were the inspiration behind Wario and Waluigi?
Is that a typo or an actual name given in that game? Still fitting for that "compact" form.
Actual name, as per the soundtrack CD name translation I've seen forever ago.

Also, it's incredibly likely that Boyacky influenced the Wario brothers given Yatterman's popularity (although I've been a Goemon fan before properly knowing of Yatterman). Too bad Ninty never capitalised on having a trio though.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I wonder if the boss explosions in the Shantae games is a reference to the boss explosions in the Goemon games. Because bosses in both games both explode slowly and make a huge flash so bright when they explode, you don't see anything until after the explosion. You guys that have ever played both series have ever thought about that?

Last edited:

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
I wonder if the boss explosions in the Shantae games is a reference to the boss explosions in the Goemon games. Because bosses in both games both explode slowly and make a huge flash so bright when they explode, you don't see anything until after the explosion. You guys that have ever played both series have ever thought about that?
Strangely enough, both series have games where you fight a giant mermaid.
Imagine seeing a fight between the Giga Mermaid and the "Charming" Mermaid, Taisamba.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Ahh.. You bring a Penguin's memories.. sweet memories ;)
*Vietnam War Time Key War Flashbacks*

That climax is very damn beautiful, no doubt...

You want to know the crazy thing about this movie though?

After years of being baffled about such appearances once, it finally explained me why in Parodius-games we have Pentarou and his wife Hanako depicted using guns throughout of it, complete with a similar vests as seen in soldiers of Penguin War in Memories:

Speaking which - it's also why his father Penta seemed to have a thing for beer in Penguin Adventure:

And also can acquire a gun in that game, which I naturally saw how Pentarou got his own depiction from for a long time:

Apparently this movie was a fuller adaptation of the original Suntory Beer commercials in the 80s that starred these penguins at the first place. Took me off-guard to "discover" how it also had become a legendary cult classic flick between former members of Club Penguin.

Pretty intriguing how this memetic movement allowed finding that lost valuable info from Japanese side towards my vicinity.

Wait, Tako in Jikkyo was voiced by Boyacky's seiyuu? Impressive.

(And yes, that's Tako/Octopus, from MSX Parodius and Parodius DA!, as the "Oshaberi"-guy in Jikkyo).

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Actual name, as per the soundtrack CD name translation I've seen forever ago.

Also, it's incredibly likely that Boyacky influenced the Wario brothers given Yatterman's popularity (although I've been a Goemon fan before properly knowing of Yatterman). Too bad Ninty never capitalised on having a trio though.
Hey, Rosalina is available. Who knew W&L were that lucky :)
Both, but don't recall enough to compare. I think it was a norm, then copied by WayForward. I don't know :p

After years of being baffled about such appearances once, it finally explained me why in Parodius-games we have Pentarou and his wife Hanako depicted using guns throughout of it, complete with a similar vests as seen in soldiers of Penguin War in Memories:

Speaking which, it's also why his father, Penta, seemed to apparently have a thing for beer in Penguin Adventure:

And also can acquire a gun in the game, which I naturally saw as how Pentarou was depicted getting from for a long time:

Apparently this movie was basically a fuller adaptation of the original Suntory Beer commercials in the 80s that starred these penguins at the first place. Took me off-guard to "discover" how it also had become a legendary cult classic flick between former members of Club Penguin.

Pretty intriguing how this memetic movement allowed finding that lost valuable info from Japanese side towards my vicinity.

(And yes, that's Tako/Octopus, from MSX Parodius and Parodius DA!, as the "Oshaberi"-guy in Jikkyo).
I thought that was obvious.. well, glad to be of service. BUT WAIT, most importantly... we have someone with MSX knowledge here.. YO O/
Well, we have to check which predates the other to confirm that.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Speaking which - it's also why his father Penta seemed to have a thing for beer in Penguin Adventure:

And also can acquire a gun in that game, which I naturally saw how Pentarou got his own depiction from for a long time:

Apparently this movie was a fuller adaptation of the original Suntory Beer commercials in the 80s that starred these penguins at the first place. Took me off-guard to "discover" how it also had become a legendary cult classic flick between former members of Club Penguin.

Yup! Also, Doronjo's (Noriko Ohara, iirc) did the announcer for player 2 (no in-jokes though, given that Tako starts the game by greeting all the schoolgirls in Japan).

That being said, the Penguin movie deal is interesting, especially given that it's KK C&D Asia's only original work (everything else they did was contractual animation for other series and productions, mostly Western cartoons).

Hey, Rosalina is available. Who knew W&L were that lucky :)
Well, I don't see Rosalina as the domineering type. :p

Now, Captain Syrup though...

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well guys, I've decided I'm going to stay off a Smashboards for a couple of weeks due to the little activity there has been on this site and there being not that much to talk about. I'll see you guys in the first half of April peace.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Well, so far Konami is preparing something for their 50th Anniversary.
Some memorial songs. 4 packs (or CDs, who knows?) well, the most important one for us is the only one shown so far.. why? cause it has out boy in it :)
B. Hold (yes, check the upper left corner)
Konami Bemani.jpg

Beginning Story.. what a fitting name.
Konami fans are certain to recognize plenty of those icons too ;)
Things are looking good, let's hope for better.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...iversary_collection_series_on_nintendo_switch

>no Goemon collection
Not that it would been exported anyway, but acknowledge your Japanese audience here.

Eh, at least they feature some Tom duBois artwork for the Contra and CV collections.

Well, so far Konami is preparing something for their 50th Anniversary.
Some memorial songs. 4 packs (or CDs, who knows?) well, the most important one for us is the only one shown so far.. why? cause it has out boy in it :)
B. Hold (yes, check the upper left corner)
View attachment 199323
Beginning Story.. what a fitting name.
Konami fans are certain to recognize plenty of those icons too ;)
Things are looking good, let's hope for better.
Pretty thorough, there's even Oolong and the Scramble ship on there.

Last edited:

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Right now, we are closer to Konami's 50th Anniversary than Ninja Gaiden's 30th. Nintendo must have been aware of Konami's 50th back then and when Ultimate premiered, DLC season would already be close to that said anniversary. Plus a company's anniversary is much bigger than a just single game.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Right now, we are closer to Konami's 50th Anniversary than Ninja Gaiden's 30th. Nintendo must have been aware of Konami's 50th back then and when Ultimate premiered, DLC season would already be close to that said anniversary. Plus a company's anniversary is much bigger than a just single game.
Now you bring up a good point.
I'll add, those who congratulated Konami on their anniversary got a thank you message in return.. one particular message that was asking about Goemon got and extra reply of "we'll contact the department" (not exact translation, but the meaning is clear(
This could be:
A- Nothing.. just a polite generic reply
B- Something.. they will actually look into fans desire and revive the series
C- Everything.. they've been working on something and don't want to comment on it

I still want Goemon in Smash

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Well here it is..
For any Konami fan, that's a bliss ride
Not sure if this is a sample or the whole thing.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
It’s rlly nice they actually knowledged goemon gives me a slight of happiness
Oh you have no idea.
Let's keep pressing guys, Goemon is on the horizon. It's a chance we shouldn't take lightly.
You know I've tried uploading this image 3 times. Who cares, here's the link to it, some cool avatars are available too that any Konami fan would surely enjoy.
https://eam.573.jp/app/web/campaign/season/?season_id=201904

By the way, Goemon stages are droping in Stage Builder. Some cool Goemon stages there.
Use the search button otherwise you won't find it. Like what fits your preferences, we want our stages up on HOT!

Top Bottom