• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
It's a little farfetched, but Conker making it into Smash Remix has given me hope they'll add Goemon at some point since both Goemon and Conker were in that fake Smash 64 Rom hack that a scammer tried to con people with awhile back. And I think Smash Remix didn't come about until sometime after that fraud was exposed like a group saw that and thought "Let's do the real deal without charging anyone for it.".
Almost zero awareness of what you've said. No idea something called Smash Remix existed, fake ROM hack 64 or anything about those scammers or that incident. All I can say is that Conker is an easier reach than Goemon.. cause B&K/Rare. Other than that. no clue about anything you've said.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Here you go:

Well, at least now I know what you're talking about.. thanks.
Come to think of it, I've watched that scam video before. didn't think much of it since I've been bitten by Kickstarter before.
Yeah it's great to have Goemon as playable.. man, I wouldn't mind similar moves at that time. Playing Goemon would've been the dream.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
1621224250998.png

I saw that and made a model that should technically work in smash 64. This thing has only 248 verts. which is 30 more then mario and Falcon, but 50 less then Link (which has the most so far at like 300 verts) I think it was. Also has small textures, in the same vain as mario. So I think it would work. but I have no way of testing it. Now how do we get the devs to notice.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
View attachment 315498

I saw that and made a model that should technically work in smash 64. This thing has only 248 verts. which is 30 more then mario and Falcon, but 50 less then Link (which has the most so far at like 300 verts) I think it was. Also has small textures, in the same vain as mario. So I think it would work. but I have no way of testing it. Now how do we get the devs to notice.
Still don't know what verts are but, I'm guessing it's his spikes. Probably a 100 vert there :)
As for the devs., just send'em a message.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
View attachment 315498

I would ask one of the mods on here on how to get in touch with the Smash Remix developers. I'm sure at least one of the mods here knows somebody on the Smash Remix team.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
This guy posted some Game Center CX clips I didn't know existed. Interview with the legendary Ebisu himself.
Some cool trivia here.. mostly, how the Goemon stairs were inspired by Mario's pipes :)
I'd take Goemon over Mario anytime still.. check it out. (3 parts btw).
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I have been working mainly. but I did make Smash64 models for the main cast. And I made a stage. just have to learn to inject into smash64.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I have been working mainly. but I did make Smash64 models for the main cast. And I made a stage. just have to learn to inject into smash64.
All I can say is.. Ganbare :)

On another note, and part of staying hopeful..
WHAT IF, there will be a 3rd fighter's pass? one that's mainly focused on promoting the new Switch Pro?.. and what if Goemon is best fitted there.. because, he's the only character that would require a more powerful machine.. for his 4 character swap!
What do you guys think? The rest of the pass would be characters for Switch Pro specific games.. like BotW2 or the new Monster Hunter.

EDIT:
There's a new game called Two Strikes.. two strikes to win or lose.
The thing is one of the fighters is Goemon.. can you tell which one he is? :)

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Made some goemon stages in smash 64. will post the patch once it is accepted by the N64vault.
You know, I said so what kind of stages he mean?.. man, I'm impressed. Those are really really good.
How did you manage to do the Castle Plaza one? It looks great.. where did you get the Impact head from? cause it looks like the one in Goemon 3, not the 64 Impact!.. and my second favorite is the Sportsmanship. You made that!?.. it's awesome. Also laughed.. is that actually the ship's name or did you make that up?.. because that's one funny name :)
I always imagined we'll have a Digadag Goldmine stage.. so props to that. The 8-bit Oedo is clever too.. man, you did some splendid selections there. I also though about a Gorgeous stage.. but always wondered, do players really want to fight with that BG song? :)
All in all.. thank U

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
You know, I said so what kind of stages he mean?.. man, I'm impressed. Those are really really good.
How did you manage to do the Castle Plaza one? It looks great.. where did you get the Impact head from? cause it looks like the one in Goemon 3, not the 64 Impact!.. and my second favorite is the Sportsmanship. You made that!?.. it's awesome. Also laughed.. is that actually the ship's name or did you make that up?.. because that's one funny name :)
I always imagined we'll have a Digadag Goldmine stage.. so props to that. The 8-bit Oedo is clever too.. man, you did some splendid selections there. I also though about a Gorgeous stage.. but always wondered, do players really want to fight with that BG song? :)
All in all.. thank U
Thanks. The Castle Plaza stage, Sportsmanship (that is its actual name) and 8-bit oedo I made. Impacts head is from Goemons great adventure when you perform a super punch. that bust had the most detailed head model. I was unable to import music to the stages. really tried, but kept breaking my rom. so I just put the stages. I posted the "not rom" on the Goemon discord we made. I can send you a copy if needed.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Thanks. The Castle Plaza stage, Sportsmanship (that is its actual name) and 8-bit oedo I made. Impacts head is from Goemons great adventure when you perform a super punch. that bust had the most detailed head model. I was unable to import music to the stages. really tried, but kept breaking my rom. so I just put the stages. I posted the "not rom" on the Goemon discord we made. I can send you a copy if needed.
Thank YOU for your hard work.
Not knowledgeable enough to make good use of your rom, but I'll keep that in mind. Thanks a lot for the offer :)
You did a great job man..
and I'm still wondering how I never noticed that awesome name before, haha.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Some footage of the new "not" Goemon game by Ebisu/Good Feel.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Some footage of the new "not" Goemon game by Ebisu/Good Feel.
Put it on switch, I will buy it. I enjoyed their monkey barrels game, simple fun.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Put it on switch, I will buy it. I enjoyed their monkey barrels game, simple fun.
They didn't say, but I think it's safe to assume they're heading Switch.
They want to make this an icon game of Good Feel... I guess they mean they want to establish a character and series for their studio by this game. It's an action game with heavy emphasis on comedy (which's exactly what I like.. and the most Goemon thing we can get).
Btw, if you look at one of the scenes shown.. one had Monkey Barrels poster on one of the windows.
The game looks perfect to me.. but I'll have to say, that one character that was shown.. I didn't like it, or it's design.. well unless it's not a main then I don't care.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
unknown.png

Made a goemon ps2 stage. Plan is 18 goemon stages by the end. Two sets of 9. 11 are already complete. Working on 12 right now.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Just checked. We lost R RetrogamerMax . He left the site. We are down a goemon fan. How do we contact him? Need to get him to join our goemon discord. We have 26 people on there so far. The dude that runs goemon international, a really smart translator, and a bunch of lurker fans. We are doing good atm. Oh, and a talented artist also.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
View attachment 322102
Made a goemon ps2 stage. Plan is 18 goemon stages by the end. Two sets of 9. 11 are already complete. Working on 12 right now.
Don't stress yourself. Otherwise, thank you for your hard work, I hope they get used.
Just checked. We lost R RetrogamerMax . He left the site. We are down a goemon fan. How do we contact him? Need to get him to join our goemon discord. We have 26 people on there so far. The dude that runs goemon international, a really smart translator, and a bunch of lurker fans. We are doing good atm. Oh, and a talented artist also.
Well.. that's too unfortunate.. yet honestly I guess understandable. I would've left myself if it wasn't for this sole thread. It gets toxic here real quick.. I hope no one bothered him or such. But who knows, maybe we'll meet on another platform.
That's my guess for the reasons.. other than that, clueless.. no means of contacts either

Well that's a decent number.. keep messaging him here to join your Discord channel.. he might notice it.
Btw, plenty of Goemon fans on twitter.. seriously, try. You'll bump with a few.. plenty of info too :)

Well.. around 17 days till the Goemon 35th anniversary.. I hope.. I really hope Konami won't disappoint

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Don't stress yourself. Otherwise, thank you for your hard work, I hope they get used.

Well.. that's too unfortunate.. yet honestly I guess understandable. I would've left myself if it wasn't for this sole thread. It gets toxic here real quick.. I hope no one bothered him or such. But who knows, maybe we'll meet on another platform.
That's my guess for the reasons.. other than that, clueless.. no means of contacts either

Well that's a decent number.. keep messaging him here to join your Discord channel.. he might notice it.
Btw, plenty of Goemon fans on twitter.. seriously, try. You'll bump with a few.. plenty of info too :)

Well.. around 17 days till the Goemon 35th anniversary.. I hope.. I really hope Konami won't disappoint
17 days huh. I can work with that.

unknown-6.png
unknown-5.png
unknown-4.png
unknown-3.png
unknown-1.png

4 to go. Lets make goes birthday something fun.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
GUYS run to the Fangamer Store NOW!!
New Keychain, shirt.. and a PLUSH!!
It's been almost 20 years since the last official Goemon plush
E6wZohjWUAAt3xU.jpg

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I hope Goemon gets more support in the future. He fits Smash so well. It's a shame he isn't more popular of a choice.
He is.
However popularity is hard to measure when a meme can make an unasked for character be a "sudden" interest..
Decisions and visions are made based on absolutely nothing but how loud the horns are blown.
I know for a fact Goemon is demanded, one of the longest requested, most fitting.. yet, I'm done making sense out of Smash choices.
Cause they don't.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I do think I understand R RetrogamerMax a little though. I have been working on modifying Smash64 for fun and posted a stage I made in social. got a mod for it. granted it was just images. but it does make me wonder why I hang around this site. I mean, I only follow the Goemon thread at times. but when I try to interact with social, I do feel like I am on everyones block list.

I do think I will follow Retro. Just stick to the Goemon and Castlevania discords. As for this site, I have been lurking since 2007. decent run.
I give rains of the topic to you GoeGoe. Keep up the good fight.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I do think I understand R RetrogamerMax a little though. I have been working on modifying Smash64 for fun and posted a stage I made in social. got a mod for it. granted it was just images. but it does make me wonder why I hang around this site. I mean, I only follow the Goemon thread at times. but when I try to interact with social, I do feel like I am on everyones block list.

I do think I will follow Retro. Just stick to the Goemon and Castlevania discords. As for this site, I have been lurking since 2007. decent run.
I give rains of the topic to you GoeGoe. Keep up the good fight.
Oh no no no.. I ain't taking center seat, and I want you here.. unless (I'll explain later)..
Well first of all, as I said, you're not the only one.. I'm on lurker mode too. I was calling it quits but thought a sound of Goemon must be heard here. I didn't like it when some claimed he's not mentioned enough here, so I registered and made sure he is known..
Apparently, as you, landing on other threads gets toxic.. quick. Even on private invites. So, decided that's where I'll stay and land whatever joyous news I can get.. gladly, it seems leading to something, we just need to hang a bit longer.
Now, I'll say, being solely here, It's been nothing but great, but, I can't rain topics if nothing echoes back. Let's keep it alive.. the anniversary is just a week away, and Konami haven't even displayed what they had for E3, plus TGS is on the way.. we never know..

and here's to my "unless" part..
If you'd like, there's a really healthy Goemon community on twitter. Fans from around the world, you get news on the spot.. so if you're looking for a place, try it there (you can create a new account solely for your game/Goemon interest) I'm sure you'll meet plenty of fans there. So, how about it?

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Oh no no no.. I ain't taking center seat, and I want you here.. unless (I'll explain later)..
Well first of all, as I said, you're not the only one.. I'm on lurker mode too. I was calling it quits but thought a sound of Goemon must be heard here. I didn't like it when some claimed he's not mentioned enough here, so I registered and made sure he is known..
Apparently, as you, landing on other threads gets toxic.. quick. Even on private invites. So, decided that's where I'll stay and land whatever joyous news I can get.. gladly, it seems leading to something, we just need to hang a bit longer.
Now, I'll say, being solely here, It's been nothing but great, but, I can't rain topics if nothing echoes back. Let's keep it alive.. the anniversary is just a week away, and Konami haven't even displayed what they had for E3, plus TGS is on the way.. we never know..

and here's to my "unless" part..
If you'd like, there's a really healthy Goemon community on twitter. Fans from around the world, you get news on the spot.. so if you're looking for a place, try it there (you can create a new account solely for your game/Goemon interest) I'm sure you'll meet plenty of fans there. So, how about it?
I am @heronnobody on twitter FYI. I think moving all this discussion to twitter might be more beneficial. This thread works for us who are looking, but given how gated the rest of the community is here, it is like talking to meme walls. I will see you on twitter i think.

Also. Happy Goemon 35.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I am @heronnobody on twitter FYI. I think moving all this discussion to twitter might be more beneficial. This thread works for us who are looking, but given how gated the rest of the community is here, it is like talking to meme walls. I will see you on twitter i think.

Also. Happy Goemon 35.
Yeah let's keep this thread alive as possible.. for whoever in the future dreamt about Goemon joining Smash :)
Thanks for letting that out.. hopefully it'll drag Goemon fans around you.. however, please if you post something there put the hashtag #GanbareGoemon35th on it, it'll make it much easier for people to find you there.. also, have some patience, it'll take some time X)

Edit: Also yeah, you need to put a profile picture, and a banner if you like.. makes you much more approachable.. get to work :)
Edit 2: Here's the celebration leaflet (It's from the Japanese side, but translated by them)
E5NJv9uVEAMNzM1.jpg

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Yeah let's keep this thread alive as possible.. for whoever in the future dreamt about Goemon joining Smash :)
Thanks for letting that out.. hopefully it'll drag Goemon fans around you.. however, please if you post something there put the hashtag #GanbareGoemon35th on it, it'll make it much easier for people to find you there.. also, have some patience, it'll take some time X)

Edit: Also yeah, you need to put a profile picture, and a banner if you like.. makes you much more approachable.. get to work :)
Edit 2: Here's the celebration leaflet (It's from the Japanese side, but translated by them)
View attachment 324065
Ok. I will stick around. but only for this thread. damn the rest. I also fixed up my profile and updated the tweet with the hash tag.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Ok. I will stick around. but only for this thread. the rest. I also fixed up my profile and updated the tweet with the hash tag.
We don't need to be here 24/7 (unless we have more traffic), just check from time to time..
and who knows, maybe Konami will surprise us.. few days to know.
also, haha.. I know you like Yae most, but it seems you like that close up image most.. congrats on updating your profile. Looks much better..
Please have patience.. here are two I suggest following..
@ProjectGoemon and @GoemonNational
Plenty on the Japanese side if you'd like, but most shy from English.. they do try though.

EDIT: Goemon project does some great reads btw.. and GN did great to the base
I still don't know who runs Goemon.Net.. that guy deserves a lot of thanks

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord

Nice to see Sakurai mention Goemon. I think if Smash 6 ends up going in the same direction as Ultimate, we'll see a lot of Mii costume upgrades. Fingers crossed.
Came here to post about it..
It's nice.. but not nice at the same time. Wished Goemon would get upgraded as the final fighter... who wants to wait for another Smash?
Sigh.. oh well.. got a lot of things going on for him which's better than this..
Speaking of which..
🎀🎊🎉Congratulations Goemon for your 35th anniversary🎉🎊🎀
It's official :)

Baba

Smash Journeyman
Came here to post about it..
It's nice.. but not nice at the same time. Wished Goemon would get upgraded as the final fighter... who wants to wait for another Smash?
Sigh.. oh well.. got a lot of things going on for him which's better than this..
Speaking of which..
🎀🎊🎉Congratulations Goemon for your 35th anniversary🎉🎊🎀
It's official :)
Yeah I feel the same sense of disappointment mixed in. Who knows when the next game will be and if they'll even go for an "everyone is here" scenario again.

Either way, its nice that he at least acknowledged the anniversary.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Yeah I feel the same sense of disappointment mixed in. Who knows when the next game will be and if they'll even go for an "everyone is here" scenario again.

Either way, its nice that he at least acknowledged the anniversary.
Not only that, but frankly.. who'd ask for Goemon in 5 years in time. We've been asking since Brawl (at least me).
.. and Sakurai has acknowledged about every anniversary so far.. so, it's really not the effect I'd like.. I want him playable. It's a crime some awful choices are in and Goemon is not. You can't get a more perfect fit than Goemon for Smash.. yet, they did not..
Anyway, here's a more joyous something Goemon.. a cover :)

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Happy Goemon 35th. It is all this year right? Well if Konami is not going to give us goemon. then us fans need to do it.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Happy Goemon 35th. It is all this year right? Well if Konami is not going to give us goemon. then us fans need to do it.
Yes, it's this whole year... and definitely, but so far they've given us a lot of merch. let's hope for a new game or collection :)

Top Bottom