• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
You're kidding, right?

Well, here's some serious news :)
BIG NEWS
Konami has just started a 35th anniversary for all their old IPs.. Gradius, TwinBee, Yie Ar Kung Fu, Ganbare Goemon.. etc. Some things were already released (mostly I've linked here before).. but MAN, they're going out hard with the music. Check the below ones..

They've made an OFFICIAL chill music.. check this awesomeness
Goemon is the 2nd one.. you can skip to it if you'd like
Yeah. I am going to need a 10 hour loop of that goemon song by the way. thanks.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I guess you can translate what that 35th anniversary text was about if you want.
Not much of importance to.. but.. hmm

~35th anniversary~
The widely known hidden command "↑↑↓↓←→←→BA" was first introduced in the FC game "Gradius" released on April 25, 1986, and will celebrate its 35th anniversary on April 25, 2021. In "Gradius," entering this command powers up your ship to near-perfect equipment.
This long but easy-to-remember hidden command has been used in many game titles since "Gradius".

so basically they're starting this anniversary with Gradius. What's below is links to music, song pieces to buy and other merchs from amazon and Konami's online shop. One is from Plum shop about the Big Viper plastic model (https://www.pmoa.co.jp/product/266.html).
By now I've linked all here, some just now and the others some time ago.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Not much of importance to.. but.. hmm

~35th anniversary~
The widely known hidden command "↑↑↓↓←→←→BA" was first introduced in the FC game "Gradius" released on April 25, 1986, and will celebrate its 35th anniversary on April 25, 2021. In "Gradius," entering this command powers up your ship to near-perfect equipment.
This long but easy-to-remember hidden command has been used in many game titles since "Gradius".

so basically they're starting this anniversary with Gradius. What's below is links to music, song pieces to buy and other merchs from amazon and Konami's online shop. One is from Plum shop about the Big Viper plastic model (https://www.pmoa.co.jp/product/266.html).
By now I've linked all here, some just now and the others some time ago.
I hope they release a cd for some of that stuff.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I hope they release a cd for some of that stuff.
I wish, but I'm doubting it.. they didn't even release them on amazon. For now it's iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify or LINE music (I'm guessing the last one is Japan only). Who knows what the future holds though. Well, they're in YT for free, what's better than that :)

Edit: I said in my previous post Big Viper, it's actually Vic Viper.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I wish, but I'm doubting it.. they didn't even release them on amazon. For now it's iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify or LINE music (I'm guessing the last one is Japan only). Who knows what the future holds though. Well, they're in YT for free, what's better than that :)

Edit: I said in my previous post Big Viper, it's actually Vic Viper.
Is the lofi goemon song on there? I would like a good copy of that rendition. I am planning on ripping from youtube if it is not anywhere else.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So drag0nscythe drag0nscythe , been working on any new models lately? I remember me and GoeGoe GoeGoe requesting for you to make General McGuiness last time we talked about models. But no rush.
I need to get back to him. My pc is dead at the moment. Waiting for some replacement parts. I need to finish him. Thanks for reminding me. I will get back to him and his rabbits once pc is back up and running.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Did I request McNuggets? I'm not sure myself.
Here:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Here:

Yeah, I thought I made a suggestion more than a request. Thanks.
I guess since McG has similar proportions to Juro.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So if they ever bring back any of the old Goemon villains, who should they bring back? I would like to see Jurokubei return even though he will likely be a good guy if we ever see him again. I would like to see how his friendship between his ancestor Goemon would develop in the game. It would be a interesting development. I think Bismaru should return as well if they ever bring back Jurokubei. I could see Bismaru being the antagonist in the story for this game. What would she do? Who knows. But I think since this would be round 3 with Bismaru, this should be her last game and her acting as the main antagonist instead of the co-antagonist like in GG3 or GGA would be a great all around way to close the final chapter in her story.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
No denying that Jurokubei is popular, but personally I'd like more of Seppukumaru and Kabuki.
If Bismaru is to come back I think a great plot would be if they made a new time machine that brings all those back. It's be Goemon and Juro Vs. Seppuku, Kabuki, Recycle, McG and all the rest.. an epic game :)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
No denying that Jurokubei is popular, but personally I'd like more of Seppukumaru and Kabuki.
If Bismaru is to come back I think a great plot would be if they made a new time machine that brings all those back. It's be Goemon and Juro Vs. Seppuku, Kabuki, Recycle, McG and all the rest.. an epic game :)
Omg dude! That would be a epic plot for a Goemon game. And that would be the perfect game for Jurokubei to help out Goemon in as the Goemon Gang couldn't handle Kabuki, McGuiness, Bismaru, Seppukumaru, Dancin' & Lily, Dochuki and the rest of their past enemies by themselves without some help. Jurokubei would be a great help for the Goemon Gang in this epic war.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Omg dude! That would be a epic plot for a Goemon game. And that would be the perfect game for Jurokubei to help out Goemon in as the Goemon Gang couldn't handle Kabuki, McGuiness, Bismaru, Seppukumaru, Dancin' & Lily, Dochuki and the rest of their past enemies by themselves without some help. Jurokubei would be a great help for the Goemon Gang in this epic war.
Thanks.
What if shin and jidai Goemon gangs join?.. nah, that'd be a total mess. Well, too big of a game to expected from Koanmi at this point.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I have not pulled the books out yet. kind of left them in there with the smelling rocks. going to check this friday.

I am partial to the Goemon cast returning to the future in a way. Think of an evil Business man that pulls the goemon cast into the future. He hires the older villains as employees. Goemon and Crew are brainwashed. It is up to the Future team to break them out, which they do in an epic 2 parter. Then the normal cast takes over and does to defeat the bad guy. Doing so and fixing all the damage. Once everyone is back in the past, Seppukumaru decides that his four eggs were not good henchmen and recuits Bismaru, McGuiness, Dancin and Lily to become POWER RANGER styled baddies. They join forces to beat goemon and the crew. Given they are more ruthless then the business man, who just wanted to sell stuff, they put the Goemon team in a bing, taking Goemon out of commission. Jurokubei comes back to the past a la Trunks to help the team while Goemon is gone. Or something like that.

Ep1: Goemon and Ebisu vs Mr Business.
Ep2: Goemon and Ebisu get help from Sasuke to take down one of Mr Business henchment.
Ep3: Goemon and Ebisu meet up with Koryuta, who helps them find Mr Business past operations.
Ep4: Goemon and Ebisu vs the threat again, but Mr Business turns on his future machine and sucks the past into the present.
Ep5: Goemon and Ebisu meet up with Lin as they traverse their new surroundings.
Ep6: Goemon and Ebisu meet up with Yae and they get intel on where to go, have this be a slice of life like episode for fun.
Ep7: GEY vs the threat again, get attacked on the way. Have to fight Seppukumaru.
Ep8: GEY meet up with Haduzako and nana, have to fight against Lilly
Ep9: GEY meet up with Sasuke again, have to fight against Dancin
Ep10: GESY meet up with PemoPemo, have to ight against McGuiness
Ep11: GESY vs the threat again, with guest Simon Belmont. One off with the team fighting Future Dracula.
Ep12: GESY lose and are captured by McGuiness.
S2Ep1: Future Goemon team are tasked with rescuing Goemon and crew.
S2Ep2: Future Goemon team rescue the Goemon team.
S2Ep3: Goemon and team take on Mr Business, using Impact to dispatch Dancin and Lillies new mech.
S2Ep4: Goemon and team take on Mr Business, taking out McGuiness and then Seppukumaru.
S2Ep5: Goemon and Team defeat Mr Business and win. Everything is returned to normal.
S2Ep6: A slice of life that gives people a break from the action.
S2Ep7: With Bismaru prodding, Seppukumaru gets McGuiness, Dancin and Lilly back. They all band together for one final attempt to defeat Goemon.
S2Ep8: Goemon and Ebisu are attacked by a new threat.
S2Ep9: Goemon and Ebisu deal with Bismaru and her plans.
S2Ep10: Goemon and Ebisu run into Sasuke and Yae, both dealing with different, but connected instances.
S2Ep11: The Goemon team attacks Seppukumaru's operation. Impact is damaged.
S2Ep12: Goemon is killed by the evil forces. The good guys have to flee. Back and Monoshiri's, Jurokubei appears, a la trunks, and offers to help.

Also. Still waiting for my PC to get fixed.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I found this cool piano cover someone did for Submarine Castle from Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon:

I have not pulled the books out yet. kind of left them in there with the smelling rocks. going to check this friday.

I am partial to the Goemon cast returning to the future in a way. Think of an evil Business man that pulls the goemon cast into the future. He hires the older villains as employees. Goemon and Crew are brainwashed. It is up to the Future team to break them out, which they do in an epic 2 parter. Then the normal cast takes over and does to defeat the bad guy. Doing so and fixing all the damage. Once everyone is back in the past, Seppukumaru decides that his four eggs were not good henchmen and recuits Bismaru, McGuiness, Dancin and Lily to become POWER RANGER styled baddies. They join forces to beat goemon and the crew. Given they are more ruthless then the business man, who just wanted to sell stuff, they put the Goemon team in a bing, taking Goemon out of commission. Jurokubei comes back to the past a la Trunks to help the team while Goemon is gone. Or something like that.

Ep2: Goemon and Ebisu get help from Sasuke to take down one of Mr Business henchment.
Ep3: Goemon and Ebisu meet up with Koryuta, who helps them find Mr Business past operations.
Ep4: Goemon and Ebisu vs the threat again, but Mr Business turns on his future machine and sucks the past into the present.
Ep6: Goemon and Ebisu meet up with Yae and they get intel on where to go, have this be a slice of life like episode for fun.
Ep7: GEY vs the threat again, get attacked on the way. Have to fight Seppukumaru.
Ep11: GESY vs the threat again, with guest Simon Belmont. One off with the team fighting Future Dracula.
S2Ep3: Goemon and team take on Mr Business, using Impact to dispatch Dancin and Lillies new mech.
S2Ep4: Goemon and team take on Mr Business, taking out McGuiness and then Seppukumaru.
S2Ep5: Goemon and Team defeat Mr Business and win. Everything is returned to normal.
S2Ep7: With Bismaru prodding, Seppukumaru gets McGuiness, Dancin and Lilly back. They all band together for one final attempt to defeat Goemon.
S2Ep10: Goemon and Ebisu run into Sasuke and Yae, both dealing with different, but connected instances.
S2Ep12: Goemon is killed by the evil forces. The good guys have to flee. Back and Monoshiri's, Jurokubei appears, a la trunks, and offers to help.

I love your idea here. This would be amazing conspect for a Goemon anime series or game. And a evil business man from the future gathering all of Goemon's past enemies to take him and his friends out and hiring them as his employees is such a Goemon type plot I love it.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord

I started by saying that's a great idea.. then I felt it's a bit crowded, don't you think?
and why Goemon gets killed at the end? we're just reviving the series for it to end... haha.
Anyway, if we're going with that script I think it'd be cool of the "Ranger" villains also had a "Ranger" robot. Like Seppuku is the head & body, Dancin & Lily are the legs and Bisumaru and Mc are the arms :)
I found this cool piano cover someone did for Submarine Castle from Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon:

That's truly a cool cover. I didn't expect it to be that good honestly.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I started by saying that's a great idea.. then I felt it's a bit crowded, don't you think?
and why Goemon gets killed at the end? we're just reviving the series for it to end... haha.
Anyway, if we're going with that script I think it'd be cool of the "Ranger" villains also had a "Ranger" robot. Like Seppuku is the head & body, Dancin & Lily are the legs and Bisumaru and Mc are the arms :)

That's truly a cool cover. I didn't expect it to be that good honestly.
A little bit crowded. Unless seeing yae or sasuke rection to aidw characters is a must, i think just focusing on goemon and Ebisumarus reactions are the most important part. I will play with the concept.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
A little bit crowded. Unless seeing yae or sasuke rection to aidw characters is a must, i think just focusing on goemon and Ebisumarus reactions are the most important part. I will play with the concept.
Still, why kill Goemon? Do you mean by that he's gone forever? a farewell game?
As for the robot concept. It plays well with the combining Impact :)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
On the topic of Konami killing off Goemon in the latest title? I don't see it happening. You can't call the series Ganbare Goemon if Goemon is dead. It would be like if Nintendo killed Mario and the Super Mario series would still be going on. It wouldn't make sense.

Some mildly unfortunate news

However, it's a mere delay. Let's keep our hopes up :)
Well, it's good news to hear that at least they're working on a number of projects.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
On the topic of Konami killing off Goemon in the latest title? I don't see it happening. You can't call the series Ganbare Goemon if Goemon is dead. It would be like if Nintendo killed Mario and the Super Mario series would still be going on. It wouldn't make sense.

Well, it's good news to hear that at least they're working on a number of projects.
Definitely.. though I think the clear ones are the rumored Castlevania and Silent Hill. Of course the hope is something Goemon.. we'll see.

and here's a new piece :)
I think he outdone himself this time

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
View attachment 313541

Texture work and done. 612 ish verts. his model is a little large. but there is a lot to him. about the same number of verts as an impact boss.
Amazing job with McGuiness DragOnscythe! Who do you plan to make next? I wanted to recommend the Omikuji Brothers Jurokubei's main henchmen from Ganbare Goemon 3.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's a little farfetched, but Conker making it into Smash Remix has given me hope they'll add Goemon at some point since both Goemon and Conker were in that fake Smash 64 Rom hack that a scammer tried to con people with awhile back. And I think Smash Remix didn't come about until sometime after that fraud was exposed like a group saw that and thought "Let's do the real deal without charging anyone for it.".

Top Bottom