• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Now you know how to pronounce my user name :)

On another note, seems the price for the ninja eggs will be similar to the gang prices (as expected). So that's ~$130 EACH.. finished, and ~$80 disassembled and not colored (each of course). So that would be ~$320 for those eggs at the lowest without shipping.. ~$550 at the highest without shipping.. basically you're looking at a near ~$600 at the highest.. are you still willing?
Somehow a PS5 or an XBXSX are looking cheap... and btw, they're about as high, that's about 4 inches tall.
I really really would love to have those.. but man, those prices are just way over.
$600 total for all 4 of those little figurines? No way. I'm not paying that much for them. Perhaps someday if I get lucky I will find them for a more responsible price online or wherever. But I'm not paying that much for those guys. But if they were Figmas however though, that might be a different story.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
$600 total for all 4 of those little figurines? No way. I'm not paying that much for them. Perhaps someday if I get lucky I will find them for a more responsible price online or wherever. But I'm not paying that much for those guys. But if they were Figmas however though, that might be a different story.
Honestly, I don't know who would. There are, there definitely are.. but I don't know any. Well now I guess you can see my point.. and a whole lot of fans, even in Japan. Not only that, but once these get sold out they sell in after market starting at 25000 yen then get fixed around ~30000 - 32000 yen!!.. that's EACH!.. so waiting to get these after they're sold out, you're looking at a max of $1200 (for all 4)!! I mean, who'd pay that sum for those tiny figures?? It's weird.. no joke, if they were painted with a layer of pure gold it would still make no sense.
When the first ones came out, I thought for that price they'd be around 8 inches tall (at least), but was surprised to know they're about 3-4 inches tall!
So for now, that image will do just fine as far as this go :)
.. and btw, Seppukumaru is next.. then Impact.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Honestly, I don't know who would. There are, there definitely are.. but I don't know any. Well now I guess you can see my point.. and a whole lot of fans, even in Japan. Not only that, but once these get sold out they sell in after market starting at 25000 yen then get fixed around ~30000 - 32000 yen!!.. that's EACH!.. so waiting to get these after they're sold out, you're looking at a max of $1200 (for all 4)!! I mean, who'd pay that sum for those tiny figures?? It's weird.. no joke, if they were painted with a layer of pure gold it would still make no sense.
When the first ones came out, I thought for that price they'd be around 8 inches tall (at least), but was surprised to know they're about 3-4 inches tall!
So for now, that image will do just fine as far as this go :)
.. and btw, Seppukumaru is next.. then Impact.
No yae? I saw goemon, ebisu and sasuke. But not yae.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Did you see the goemon 2 strategy guide i scanned? Going to work on more. I found that people are selling "junk" versions of the goemon books for cheap. Usually just having pages falling out. So i am going to buy them up to scan.
No, I'd love to.
Well, that's a great idea.. given, has those odor eliminating crystals work? If not and you're still going for it.. salutes, man.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
No, I'd love to.
Well, that's a great idea.. given, has those odor eliminating crystals work? If not and you're still going for it.. salutes, man.
Testing the crystals right now. As for the goemon 2 book, mega is higher in thread. Still looking for a good nondestructive method for now, but archive.org was a bust. I did see v scanners. But i do not have 1000 sitting around for something that "might" work. But for goemon books. Junk books is a good idea. I found the choose your own adventure novel in that category. Planning on scanning it hopefully.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Testing the crystals right now. As for the goemon 2 book, mega is higher in thread. Still looking for a good nondestructive method for now, but archive.org was a bust. I did see v scanners. But i do not have 1000 sitting around for something that "might" work. But for goemon books. Junk books is a good idea. I found the choose your own adventure novel in that category. Planning on scanning it hopefully.
So how long are you willing to chamber your mangas? a week?.. I'm still very interested in the result, so kindly keep me informed, as this is the only method I haven't tested, and I could really use a better method for those dreaded situations.
For Goemon 2 book, you mean Mega Uploader?.. higher in the thread! (I'll check.. I wonder how high though).
Haha.. nowadays a 1000 won't even get you 4 assembled ninja eggs :)
Umm. which one is the choose your adventure book? the anime one?

EDIT: Wow! how did I miss that. Thanks for sharing drag0nscythe drag0nscythe (downloading now).
It's not like it's a highly active thread.. nevertheless, thanks again for pointing it out.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Normally I'd do a joke about "wrong feudal period guy" or whatever, but I'm actually looking forward to the Getsu Fuma Den sequel.

Just hoping the dev team is competent enough, since the previous indie-made Konami game wasn't so great. There was never a roguelike from them, so this should be interesting.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
No yae? I saw goemon, ebisu and sasuke. But not yae.
I think there was a Yae prototype among other Goemon figurines prototypes in that one image you posted awhile back right GoeGoe GoeGoe ?

You beat me to it but I have to say it..
Not sure about you guys, but if anything, this is a great sign :)
.. and I must link the trailer too.
Looks like Jurokubei is having a redemption arc here saving the people from his time period from the evil forces of Aku. :4pacman:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I think there was a Yae prototype among other Goemon figurines prototypes in that one image you posted awhile back right GoeGoe GoeGoe ?
Looks like Jurokubei is having a redemption arc here saving the people from his time period from the evil forces of Aku. :4pacman:
Yes, That's why I said it's under design.. maybe. Because other than that image nothing was shown. Plus, he's currently working on Seppukumaru for sure, and his next plan seems to be Impact :)

Now that you've mentioned it, maybe Jurokubei was based on or inspired by Fuma, who knows? Really, they're not that far apart.
Ey829JPXMAcMXCH.jpg
Dp8qnNGVAAEXAuZ.jpg

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Speaking of Jurokubei.. and Bisumaru (what a great timing).
This piece is great.. so was that scene. All in all great work. (don't forget to encourage it by a Like).

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Speaking of Jurokubei, I have a tinfoil hat theory that he was originally suppose to be in Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon. Let me explain:

So you remember these certain ninja enemies from Ganbare Goemon 3? The ones you see in the thumbnail right here next to Bismaru:

They were originally suppose be in Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon as they were in some old images here for the beta:

It's interesting they were in the beta. And you know what else is interesting? Goemon's Impact costume from Goemon's Great Adventure is in the first image above. What does this mean? It means Great Adventure used some assets from Mystical Ninja and not just finished assets but likely beta assets too. And it's quite interesting Bismaru was in Great Adventure but not Jurokubei or the any of his other minions from Ganbare Goemon 3. What if Jurokubei and Bismaru were originally suppose to have been in Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon and the Bismaru model in Goemon's Great Adventure is the same unused Bismaru model they made for Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon? It might sound farfetched, but with the ninja enemies from Ganbare Goemon 3 originally in the beta and Goemon's Impact costume from Great Adventure in the beta as well, it gives my theory some credibility.

And you might ask, but why would these guys be back for Mystical Ninja: Starting Goemon when it doesn't take place in the future? Well here's your answer:

In these beta screenshots here, you can see Impact chasing a cowboy robot in what looks like a modern city in the future perhaps. Perhaps parts of the beta in Mystical Ninja took place in Jurokubei's time period in the future which explains why we see his ninja minions in some of these screenshots. But didn't Jurokubei redeemed himself at the end of Ganbare Goemon 3? Yes he did, but Bismaru was still on path of evil as shown in Goemon's Great Adventure. These ninja enemies were probably only loyal to Bismaru and not Jurokubei which is why they're still enemies in these screenshots.

Jurokubei could have been a great assistance to his ancestor if he was originally in Mystical Ninja as he could have played a similar role to the Wiseman in someway or maybe he could have been playable in some parts of the game as it might not be too farfetched since he is the descendant of Goemon the main protagonist.

But that's just my theory that holds up some credibility because of these beta images. I truly believe Jurokubei and Bismaru were originally intended to be in Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon and Bismaru could have been the main antagonist instead of Dancin' and Lily. And since Bismaru was the co-antagonist in Goemon's Great Adventure, this isn't too farfetched at all. What do y'all think?

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Speaking of Jurokubei, I have a tinfoil hat theory that he was originally suppose to be in Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon. Let me explain:

So you remember these certain ninja enemies from Ganbare Goemon 3? The ones you see in the thumbnail right here next to Bismaru:

They were originally suppose be in Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon as they were in some old images here for the beta:

It's interesting they were in the beta. And you know what else is interesting? Goemon's Impact costume from Goemon's Great Adventure is in the first image above. What does this mean? It means Great Adventure used some assets from Mystical Ninja and not just finished assets but likely beta assets too. And it's quite interesting Bismaru was in Great Adventure but not Jurokubei or the any of his other minions from Ganbare Goemon 3. What if Jurokubei and Bismaru were originally suppose to have been in Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon and the Bismaru model in Goemon's Great Adventure is the same unused Bismaru model they made for Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon? It might sound farfetched, but with the ninja enemies from Ganbare Goemon 3 originally in the beta and Goemon's Impact costume from Great Adventure in the beta as well, it gives my theory some credibility.

And you might ask, but why would these guys be back for Mystical Ninja: Starting Goemon when it doesn't take place in the future? Well here's your answer:

In these beta screenshots here, you can see Impact chasing a cowboy robot in what looks like a modern city in the future perhaps. Perhaps parts of the beta in Mystical Ninja took place in Jurokubei's time period in the future which explains why we see his ninja minions in some of these screenshots. But didn't Jurokubei redeemed himself at the end of Ganbare Goemon 3? Yes he did, but Bismaru was still on path of evil as shown in Goemon's Great Adventure. These ninja enemies were probably only loyal to Bismaru and not Jurokubei which is why they're still enemies in these screenshots.

Jurokubei could have been a great assistance to his ancestor if he was originally in Mystical Ninja as he could have played a similar role to the Wiseman in someway or maybe he could have been playable in some parts of the game as it might not be too farfetched since he is the descendant of Goemon the main protagonist.

But that's just my theory that holds up some credibility because of these beta images. I truly believe Jurokubei and Bismaru were originally intended to be in Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon and Bismaru could have been the main antagonist instead of Dancin' and Lily. And since Bismaru was the co-antagonist in Goemon's Great Adventure, this isn't too farfetched at all. What do y'all think?
Haha.. I was just about to ask reading your intro and.. you gave an nswer :)
Well, those don't look like futuristic buildings.. distant future, the one Jurokubei rules. They're just our time buildings. But I have to give you credit on this part, despite going through that image plenty of times.. I'm not sure why, but I've never though of those buildings being out of place.. so, well done there.

Now, it could be somewhat as you say but not entirely. If so, I think it'd be without Jurokubei. I think the plan was Ebisumaru finally making/fixing a time machine and dragging the gang through time.. maybe they stopped her mid time travel and fell in our time. It could be a game like Chrono Trigger where you travel back and fourth in time.. and who knows, maybe Jurokubei appears and joins at some point.. interesting thought indeed.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Haha.. I was just about to ask reading your intro and.. you gave an nswer :)
Well, those don't look like futuristic buildings.. distant future, the one Jurokubei rules. They're just our time buildings. But I have to give you credit on this part, despite going through that image plenty of times.. I'm not sure why, but I've never though of those buildings being out of place.. so, well done there.

Now, it could be somewhat as you say but not entirely. If so, I think it'd be without Jurokubei. I think the plan was Ebisumaru finally making/fixing a time machine and dragging the gang through time.. maybe they stopped her mid time travel and fell in out time. It could be a game like Chrono Trigger where you travel back and fourth in time.. and who knows, maybe Jurokubei appears and joins at some point.. interesting thought indeed.
Yeah. Even if Jurokubei wasn't planned, I certainly think Bismaru was since he's in Goemon's Great Adventure. Jurokubei if planned was probably going to help the Goemon Gang this time around since he already had his redemption arc at the end of Ganbare Goemon 3.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Yeah. Even if Jurokubei wasn't planned, I certainly think Bismaru was since he's in Goemon's Great Adventure. Jurokubei if planned was probably going to help the Goemon Gang this time around since he already had his redemption arc at the end of Ganbare Goemon 3.
Would not mind a game story like that one.. condition it includes Obisumaru :)
Well, let's get a new game first.. haha.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Would not mind a game story like that one.. condition it includes Obisumaru :)
Well, let's get a new game first.. haha.
Konami could still make this storyline into a reality. Unfortunately even if we get new Goemon games from them, they will probably never revisit the idea especially now that the old Goemon development team is not at Konami anymore.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Konami could still make this storyline into a reality. Unfortunately even if we get new Goemon games from them, they will probably never revisit the idea especially now that the old Goemon development team is not at Konami anymore.
As much as I'd love having the old team working on it (and it's still a possibility).. a new team can get it to work. Though I think this time it'll be somewhat of an introductory story with elements of the old.. that's what happens in these cases usually. They want to please the old fans and at the same time introduce the series to a newer generation.. it'll be a mix. A mild game. I'd rather not, but I think this is the scenario.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
As much as I'd love having the old team working on it (and it's still a possibility).. a new team can get it to work. Though I think this time it'll be somewhat of an introductory story with elements of the old.. that's what happens in these cases usually. The want to please the old fans and at the same time introduce the series to a newer generation.. it'll be a mix. A mild game. I'd rather not, but I think this is the scenario.
I could see that happening. But the next title has to be somewhat promising as it could be the first mainline game since Team Goemon's departure from Konami.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I could see that happening. But the next title has to be somewhat promising as it could be the first mainline game since Team Goemon's departure from Konami.
I'm not sure how Konami will tackle this. Let's hope for the best. Getsu Fuma looks promising, so..

EDIT: Btw, you mentioned that that Goemon GF image is Impact costume. Actually it's Goemon, but at that beta stage his hair wasn't finalized to his spiky look.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Btw, you mentioned that that Goemon GF image is Impact costume. Actually it's Goemon, but at that beta stage his hair wasn't finalized to his spiky look.
Now that I think about it, your right. But I wouldn't be surprised if they reused this old model of Goemon and edited it to turn it into the Goemon Impact costume in Great Adventure as the hair looks identical.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Now that I think about it, your right. But I wouldn't be surprised if they reused this old model of Goemon and edited it to turn it into the Goemon Impact costume in Great Adventure as the hair looks identical.
Seems closer to the current Goemon than Impact.. who knows? You judge.
nnn.png

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So what would you guys think about Goemon Netflix series? I think if it's as any good as the old Goemon anime that had Seppukumaru in it, it could be a fun ride.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
New series.
You're kidding, right?

Well, here's some serious news :)
BIG NEWS
Konami has just started a 35th anniversary for all their old IPs.. Gradius, TwinBee, Yie Ar Kung Fu, Ganbare Goemon.. etc. Some things were already released (mostly I've linked here before).. but MAN, they're going out hard with the music. Check the below ones..

They've made an OFFICIAL chill music.. check this awesomeness
Goemon is the 2nd one.. you can skip to it if you'd like

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Ah. Had my hopes up for a second. I want a completely unique story. Like a hypothetical new game. Pretty sure they could make a 13 episode series. 1 ep for each stage.
Honestly, I think it would be cool if they set up several seasons with like 13 episodes each. Each season would be based off of one of the titles in the series. Like, Season 1 could be based off of Mr. Goemon or Legend of the Mystical Ninja and the rest of the seasons could cover the rest of the Famicom, Super Famicom, N64 and PS1 games. It would be epic.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
No, there is no Goemon Netflix series coming I was just saying what would you think of one if it happened?
That actually was I wish I had recently :)

Man, I forgot a lot of other links..
So, the 35th anniversary is called " ↑↑↓↓←→←→BA 35th " (I guess they want to bring all back in one sweep.. great move).
You can find the logo and what's going on in this link (albeit it's in Japanese).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That actually was I wish I had recently :)

Man, I forgot a lot of other links..
So, the 35th anniversary is called " ↑↑↓↓←→←→BA 35th " (I guess they want to bring all back in one sweep.. great move).
You can find the logo and what's going on in this link (albeit it's in Japanese).
What now? I only saw Gradius in the copyright there or the text. I have no idea what we are exactly talking about here besides Konami's 35th anniversary.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Awesome. Hopefully we get a new Goemon game soon. Konami might actually try to be a game company again. lets just hope they dont treat their people like crap still.

Honestly, I think it would be cool if they set up several seasons with like 13 episodes each. Each season would be based off of one of the titles in the series. Like, Season 1 could be based off of Mr. Goemon or Legend of the Mystical Ninja and the rest of the seasons could cover the rest of the Famicom, Super Famicom, N64 and PS1 games. It would be epic.
Yeah. they could.. but I want something new. Not a retelling. I would like multiple seasons, but it appears Netflix only really gives 2 before renewal possibilities. So, an anime where we have a brand new adventure for the main cast stopping the world form a new goofy evil would be fun. Maybe dedicate episodes to prior characters. Just think, we have the new threat show up and put the cast in danger. Then Goemon and ebisumaru meet other supporting characters from the past.

Ep1: Goemon and Ebisu vs the threat.
Ep2: Goemon and Ebisu get help from Sasuke
Ep3: Goemon and Ebisu meet up with Koryuta
Ep4: Goemon and Ebisu vs the threat again.
Ep5: Goemon and Ebisu meet up with Lin
Ep6: Goemon and Ebisu meet up with Yae
Ep7: GEY vs the threat again.
Ep8: GEY meet up with Haduzako and nana
Ep9: GEY meet up with Sasuke again
Ep10: GESY meet up with PemoPemo
Ep11: GESY vs the threat again
Ep12: GESY vs the threat again, with guest Simon Belmont
Ep13: GESY lose.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Awesome. Hopefully we get a new Goemon game soon. Konami might actually try to be a game company again. lets just hope they dont treat their people like crap still.
We can only dream Konami goes back to being a full gaming company again and actually treats their employees with a little respect.

Top Bottom