• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Stay hopeful, who knows? and yeah, that'd be the awesomist awesomeness.. I think if they get past Goemon first, the rest of the gang are about sure. I mean they wouldn't pass more sales.
You forgot some triple or penta fire ryo toss :)
and.. as drag0nscythe drag0nscythe says, where's the Goemon video?

Man, thank you SO much. This is the clearest image of Goemon "5" review I ever came across. Not only that, but new images I never knew existed!
I get what you're saying, old books from Japan do smell moldy. Maybe it's the type of paper.. makes you want to burn it.. but you can't, haha.

Well hello and welcome :)
Care to join? ask drag0nscythe drag0nscythe to add you to the supporters list.
I knew about the VRChat but still yet to experience it, and being with one of the best games in the series, that must be great. Glad to know you had an enjoyable experience, hopefully gets you into the series and ultimately a fan. There're heaps n tons of things to know and enjoy about this gem of a series.
You know, I always thought, if Geno fans knew Sasuke more, they'd find plenty there.. a lot actually.
Welp, need anything to know about the series, just ask... we'll flood ya :)
Still thinking I am going to slice and scan. I would like to keep them as pristine books, but if they are old and mold. I need to preserve what I can before the pages give out.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Still thinking I am going to slice and scan. I would like to keep them as pristine books, but if they are old and mold. I need to preserve what I can before the pages give out.
Are they moldy though?
Those look like glossy paper.. I'm not sure, but I don't think glossy paper get mold. Maybe it's from the edges or cover.. or some inserts. Even so, giving up is basically pages falling off, right? soo..
I don't know man, I wish I can have a perfect answer for you

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Are they moldy though?
Those look like glossy paper.. I'm not sure, but I don't think glossy paper get mold. Maybe it's from the edges or cover.. or some inserts. Even so, giving up is basically pages falling off, right? soo..
I don't know man, I wish I can have a perfect answer for you
The color pages are all glossy, but the manga pages are basic paper. Nothing special. But damn do they smell. like smell hard. hurt your throat bad.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
The color pages are all glossy, but the manga pages are basic paper. Nothing special. But damn do they smell. like smell hard. hurt your throat bad.
ugghh.. man that brings bad memories.
I've had stinky books before.. but man there was one that had that dreaded stench.. like seriously foul, so bad it'll make you curse.. a skunk would P.U. at it. Took me weeks to get that smell off. Well anyways, went through many trials but not many were that effective or quick. One method though I haven't tried, and all seem to agree that it is the best method. (haven't tried it because I didn't have the materials).
So, either you get yourself one of those pets/cats odor removers/eliminators or those Odor eliminating pebbles.. see the video below.
If you do, let me know the results.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
ugghh.. man that brings bad memories.
I've had stinky books before.. but man there was one that had that dreaded stench.. like seriously foul, so bad it'll make you curse.. a skunk would P.U. at it. Took me weeks to get that smell off. Well anyways, went through many trials but not many were that effective or quick. One method though I haven't tried, and all seem to agree that it is the best method. (haven't tried it because I didn't have the materials).
So, either you get yourself one of those pets/cats odor removers/eliminators or those Odor eliminating pebbles.. see the video below.
If you do, let me know the results.
I plan to try the baking soda approach once i bake them in the sun this weekend.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I plan to try the baking soda approach once i bake them in the sun this weekend.
It didn't do much to me... and with much less smellier books than what you've described.
I told you I've tried it all, except this last method. Which I'm guessing is the most effective.. just a guess though.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hi Goemon fans this is my first time coming to this thread and there is something I wanted to say my only experience with Goemon game was last month
Actually it’s Goemon 64 however someone has implemented the game into VRChat and it function the same in the 64 version the way you can fight and heal and complete missions I played it with one of my Japanese friend and he was introducing me to the series and many things about the game here is a screenshot he took of us playing together View attachment 307507
I actually enjoyed the experience
It's great to see you again Geno Boost. And I'm sure that was a fun experience playing VRChat with your friend in the Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon map. It's cool to see you again man. ;)

Technomage

Smash Champion
Hey, back in a different thread, I came up with a cool idea I would love to see for Goemon if he were added: Make him a tag-team fighter paired up with Ebisumaru, a la Pokemon Trainer. It'd be a cool callback to Mystical Ninja 64, where you could switch between the two at will, with their switch animation (and revival animation) having them both switch places using a ninja smoke teleportation. I'd also love if the inactive guy were to be a spectator in the background, again a la Pokemon Trainer.

What do y'all think?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Hey, back in a different thread, I came up with a cool idea I would love to see for Goemon if he were added: Make him a tag-team fighter paired up with Ebisumaru, a la Pokemon Trainer. It'd be a cool callback to Mystical Ninja 64, where you could switch between the two at will, with their switch animation (and revival animation) having them both switch places using a ninja smoke teleportation. I'd also love if the inactive guy were to be a spectator in the background, again a la Pokemon Trainer.

What do y'all think?
Like it. We were also thinking something similar, but with all 4. Goemon needs his crew. I do like the idea of them in the background. Like in a time traveling tea house in the background.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord

What do y'all think?
Thanks for sharing, though as drag0nscythe drag0nscythe said, we already had that... and in 4 way tag. Just like the 64 game.
However, not similar to Pokemon Trainer but more like the recent Pyra. Goemon > Smoke bomb > PooF > Ebisumaru.. and so on. It cycles back to Goemon of course.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord

Here you go, guys! Hope I did my due diligence & hope you all enjoy. :chuckle:
That was a FANTASTIC video, well done and thanks for the hard work.
Clever moves set, I really like it.. especially the candle. However I'll say, I'm still on the all 4 team.
.. also, so you just know, the Ganbare Goemon series has over 1800 tracks throughout the games.. awesome ones were missed, but, can't blame you.
All in all.. 2 thumbs up :)
So how about it guys, name your favorite Goemon tracks?.. or at least the ones you think would fit Smash?

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Likewise. Goemon Looks like an awesome game, I would love to see him in smash. You also have an awesome community here.
Thanks man! And I highly recommend you check out the Goemon games as there is over 30 games in the series majority of them being Japan only and most of them are great games you will fall in love with. I recommend starting off with the western released Goemon games like The Legend of the Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon 1 (SNES/SFC), Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon/Ganbare Goemon 5 (N64) and Goemon's Great Adventure/Ganbare Goemon 6 (N64). For someone who is first diving into the series, I recommend starting off with the N64 games as they will blow your mind the most among the western release games.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Thanks man! And I highly recommend you check out the Goemon games as there is over 30 games in the series majority of them being Japan only and most of them are great games you will fall in love with. I recommend starting off with the western released Goemon games like The Legend of the Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon 1 (SNES/SFC), Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon/Ganbare Goemon 5 (N64) and Goemon's Great Adventure/Ganbare Goemon 6 (N64). For someone who is first diving into the series, I recommend starting off with the N64 games as they will blow your mind the most among the western release games.
Thanks for the recomendations! I'll be sure to check them out. Last game I played because it was recommended (well sort of they said it was their pipe dream) was backyard baseball 1997. And I'm really close to finishing it. I don't like to play games without finishing the ones I'm playing so you caught me at a good time.

Edit: I saw you owned the mumbo jumbo thread. I posted the link to it in my "rise of the zero percent chancers" thread. Mumbo is an option on my poll. You should check it out.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Likewise. Goemon Looks like an awesome game, I would love to see him in smash. You also have an awesome community here.
Thanks, please feel welcome at any time.
As for recommendations.. you can't go wrong with the first 64 game (Starring Goemon), it sums it all up.
The second 64 game is great as well (Goemon's Great Adventure).. but a little warning, it's tough. It's really challenging.
Or if you want the beef of it.. go for all the SFC/SNES games.. the 4 main games. You'll have a blast if you're into 16-bit. Also, you're on perfect timing, because all were translated to English fairly recently.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So which game would y'all all consider as the best Goemon game? For me, it would have to be Goemon's Great Adventure/Ganbare Goemon 6 without question. The game has one of the best OSTs I've ever heard in any game period and the levels and enemies are so fun and memorable. Great Adventure is my favorite N64 game as well as one of my favorite games of all time. It's the only game I speedrun and I plan to get a capture card at some point to record my run online. Does anyone know what would be the best capture to use for recording video game gameplay or speedruns in general? As I want to get all the right equipment before I attempt to show my best run to the world.

Technomage

Smash Champion
So which game would y'all all consider as the best Goemon game? For me, it would have to be Goemon's Great Adventure/Ganbare Goemon 6 without question. The game has one of the best OSTs I've ever heard in any game period and the levels and enemies are so fun and memorable. Great Adventure is my favorite N64 game as well as one of my favorite games of all time. It's the only game I speedrun and I plan to get a capture card at some point to record my run online. Does anyone know what would be the best capture to use for recording video game gameplay or speedruns in general? As I want to get all the right equipment before I attempt to show my best run to the world.
I'd personally call Starring Goemon my favorite, since it's the only one I played (and because it makes me feel nostalgic).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'd personally call Starring Goemon my favorite, since it's the only one I played (and because it makes me feel nostalgic).
Only one? You definitely need to check out Goemon's Great Adventure, The Legend of the Mystical Ninja and the Super Famicom games whenever you get the chance. This series is full of spectacular gems even though there is a couple of ***** ones like the Game Boy game and the 3D PS1 game.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Starring Goemon. No competition.
As for capture cards, no idea that will serve you currently.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
R RetrogamerMax
Here you go.. (that wasn't easy, but thanks to a friend :))

ゴエモン音頭 / Goemon Ondo song lyrics

ハァ~ ドバッときたもんだ~
花のお江戸でイキでいなせなテクニシャン
一度狙った獲物なら~
命を懸けてもモノにする ハァ~
で~もちょ~っとお人好し 情けにゃ弱い
そこがいいのよ オッとイカした
ソーレソーレ ドドンとひと突き この世はたのし~

ハァ~ ドバッときたもんだ~
花のお江戸で元手要らずの大泥棒
風も嵐も吹き飛ばし~
夜空に花火を咲かせます ハァ~
で~もちょ~っと涙と女にゃ弱い
そこがいいのよ 少しズッコケ
ソーレソーレ ドドンとひと突き
この世はたのし~

ハァ~ ドバッときたもんだ~
花のお江戸で天下御免の大泥棒
悪いヤツらはゆるせねェ~
キラリと輝くこのキセル ハァ~
で~もパァ~っと華やかな祭りにゃ弱い
そこがいいのよ 夢と笑いを
ソーレソーレ ドドンとひと突き
この世はたのし~

Translation

Oh,what a surprise!
He's a stylish technician in Edo.
Any prey he sets his sights on, ... he will absolutely take.
But he's a bit of a softie and vulnerable to mercy.
That's why he's so well liked.
He's so cool. Oh, yeah, yeah, thump-thump!
How delightful this world is!

Oh,what a surprise!
He is a great thief in Edo.
He'll blow away the storm
He'll make fireworks bloom in the night sky.
But he's a little weak on tears and women.
He's a little zonked.
Oh, yeah, yeah, thump-thump!

Oh,what a surprise!
He can't let the bad guys get away with it
This shining Kiseru...
But he likes glamorous festivals.
He give dreams and laughter for everyone.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
R RetrogamerMax
Here you go.. (that wasn't easy, but thanks to a friend :))

ゴエモン音頭 / Goemon Ondo song lyrics

ハァ~ ドバッときたもんだ~
花のお江戸でイキでいなせなテクニシャン
一度狙った獲物なら~
命を懸けてもモノにする ハァ~
で~もちょ~っとお人好し 情けにゃ弱い
そこがいいのよ オッとイカした
ソーレソーレ ドドンとひと突き この世はたのし~

ハァ~ ドバッときたもんだ~
花のお江戸で元手要らずの大泥棒
風も嵐も吹き飛ばし~
夜空に花火を咲かせます ハァ~
で~もちょ~っと涙と女にゃ弱い
そこがいいのよ 少しズッコケ
ソーレソーレ ドドンとひと突き
この世はたのし~

ハァ~ ドバッときたもんだ~
花のお江戸で天下御免の大泥棒
悪いヤツらはゆるせねェ~
キラリと輝くこのキセル ハァ~
で~もパァ~っと華やかな祭りにゃ弱い
そこがいいのよ 夢と笑いを
ソーレソーレ ドドンとひと突き
この世はたのし~

Translation

Oh,what a surprise!
He's a stylish technician in Edo.
Any prey he sets his sights on, ... he will absolutely take.
But he's a bit of a softie and vulnerable to mercy.
He's so cool. Oh, yeah, yeah, thump-thump!

Oh,what a surprise!
He'll blow away the storm
He'll make fireworks bloom in the night sky.
But he's a little weak on tears and women.
He's a little zonked.

Oh,what a surprise!
He can't let the bad guys get away with it
This shining Kiseru...
But he likes glamorous festivals.
He give dreams and laughter for everyone.
Awesome! I've been wanting to know the lyrics to that song for years. Thank you man! ;)

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Hey, I ended up being a cool Gohan. I guess they went with first letters of the user name. Haha.. I was wondering why dragon went for a Boo.
Anyway, here a Sector 17 cover.. enjoy (ends nicely btw)
(Don't forget to support his channel.. one of the few remaining Goemon mixers)

Edit: Apparently the video I posted is not what I posted originally, and it keeps going back to the last video I linked. Well, just wait for this foolishness to go away to enjoy it.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So Konami is participating in E3 2021!
Well.. I hope.
I swear! All I really want from them is a new Ganbare Goemon and that's it. I will be completely satisfied with the announcement of a new Goemon game. Goemon in Smash would be awesome, but the health of the franchise and a new entry coming out every so often comes first.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I saw. Hopefully something interesting happens. I am hoping for more details on goodfeels new game also.
Nintendo's participating too.. I'm not sure about Good Feel though. But yeah, I want to know more about Ebi's NOT Goemon new game :)
I swear! All I really want from them is a new Ganbare Goemon and that's it. I will be completely satisfied with the announcement of a new Goemon game. Goemon in Smash would be awesome, but the health of the franchise and a new entry coming out every so often comes first.
Honestly that was the whole reason asking for Goemon to join Smash.. well, at first I wanted him in because he had to, more than Sonic. A perfect fit, and of course I just love that character and series. Oh the dreams.. drawn in Smash style, reckoned by fans around the world, gang amiibos.. etc. But since the series went dark for so long, the obsession turned about simply reviving it.. so yeah, definitely that comes first.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Nintendo's participating too.. I'm not sure about Good Feel though. But yeah, I want to know more about Ebi's NOT Goemon new game :)

Honestly that was the whole reason asking for Goemon to join Smash.. well, at first I wanted him in because he had to, more than Sonic. A perfect fit, and of course I just love that character and series. Oh the dreams.. drawn in Smash style, reckoned by fans around the world, gang amiibos.. etc. But since the series went dark for so long, the obsession turned about simply reviving it.. so yeah, definitely that comes first.
From what I learned from Geno, we need to be asking for more Goemon games also.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
From what I learned from Geno, we need to be asking for more Goemon games also.
You mean Geno the NOT Sasuke doll? well of course, basically I ask for everything Goemon.. whatever merch can be made.
Speaking of which..
EyZLst9U8AAh9W_.jpg

These guys are complete.. but I'm pretty sure they ain't going to be cheap..
But man, I do want these displayed

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
You mean Geno the NOT Sasuke doll? well of course, basically I ask for everything Goemon.. whatever merch can be made.
Speaking of which..
View attachment 310365
I want those. super cute. But I have no money at the moment. damn you limited finances.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I want those. super cute. But I have no money at the moment. damn you limited finances.
I mean even if you had.. would you consider?
They'll definitely not be cheap. Didn't the last ones cost around $150 each?.. and they're amiibo size!
They look great, but that's way too expensive.. what they should do is get them into mass production, price them at $15-20 something.
This is all assumption still.. let's wait and see, I could be wrong.. I hope.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Speaking of which..
View attachment 310365
Where can you find these figurines?

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Where can you find these figurines?
Wonder Festival Japan.. you have to attend in person to get one
or, find someone there who'll do it for you..
or, wait for off-market sites to sell it.. which will about double its original price (which I'm assuming already really expensive).
so honestly, to me at least, it's a question of whether it's worth it or not..

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
So this Japanese commercial for the N64, PS1 and GB Goemon games was in my YouTube recommendations:
Now you know how to pronounce my user name :)

On another note, seems the price for the ninja eggs will be similar to the gang prices (as expected). So that's ~$130 EACH.. finished, and ~$80 disassembled and not colored (each of course). So that would be ~$320 for those eggs at the lowest without shipping.. ~$550 at the highest without shipping.. basically you're looking at a near ~$600 at the highest.. are you still willing?
Somehow a PS5 or an XBXSX are looking cheap... and btw, they're about as high, that's about 4 inches tall.
I really really would love to have those.. but man, those prices are just way over.

Top Bottom