• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I still might make the Goemon Gang thread if the mods are okay with the idea. If we can get more supporters in through that thread and idea, than I think it will be worth presenting it to everybody.
Why not here? keep things packed rather than scattered.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
So this was in my YouTube recommendations:

I've heard this song before in the games and even this version with the lyrics. Yo GoeGoe GoeGoe ! You wouldn't mind translating the lyrics to this song for me? As I would like to know what they're saying.
This song was never in the games. It was only in the Goemon OVA. As for translation, I'll see what I can do, but I promise nothing.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I haven't gotten around too it, but I've been meaning to show y'all this almost perfect condition copy of The Legend of the Mystical Ninja I found this past November at my local flea market for $200 bucks:

Legend of the Mystical Ninja 7.png

Legend of the Mystical Ninja 6.png

Legend of the Mystical Ninja 5.png

Legend of the Mystical Ninja 4.png

Legend of the Mystical Ninja 2.png

Legend of the Mystical Ninja 1.png

But yeah, the guy at the flea market told me he opened it already because someone else wanted to see if it was real or not. The guy opened it up in front of me and I can confirm it is real. It is a grail of a find for Goemon fans like us. Sorry for the low quality of the images. My camera kind of sucks at giving good images and I had a little difficulty in trying to upload these photos on the site as I had to resize the size of the files down.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I haven't gotten around too it, but I've been meaning to show y'all this almost perfect condition copy of The Legend of the Mystical Ninja I found this past November at my local flea market for $200 bucks:

View attachment 305906

View attachment 305908

View attachment 305909

View attachment 305910

View attachment 305913

View attachment 305914

But yeah, the guy at the flea market told me he opened it already because someone else wanted to see if it was real or not. The guy opened it up in front of me and I can confirm it is real. It is a grail of a find for Goemon fans like us. Sorry for the low quality of the images. My camera kind of sucks at giving good images and I had a little difficulty in trying to upload these photos on the site as I had to resize the size of the files down.
Beautiful.
Congratulations.. Take care of this jewel.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
So I found that CIB Legend of the Mystical Ninja copy at Hey Bros! Games at my local flea market. Here is a photo of me holding that there when I bought it:

Here is the link to that on their Facebook:

ITEM GET! 😅
It wasn't cheap still. I got one from ebay waaaay back, but it's in no way in good condition.. bad at best :)
Been looking for some old games recently, and man, good conditions are not cheap.. at all.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Do you guys think if one debinds a manga, the value drops to 0 and should just be discarded?
No exact idea but I'd assume yes. Yet, a total zero is a stretch.. there is a value to everything. Depends on the buyer.
I hope you're not thinking of going after Goemon mangas. They're rare and that'd be a total loss.. BUT, there are special scanners for books. You can try to find one of those services and scan it. The first 3 volumes and a few books are available around the net by the way... what are you thinking of?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
No exact idea but I'd assume yes. Yet, a total zero is a stretch.. there is a value to everything. Depends on the buyer.
I hope you're not thinking of going after Goemon mangas. They're rare and that'd be a total loss.. BUT, there are special scanners for books. You can try to find one of those services and scan it. The first 3 volumes and a few books are available around the net by the way... what are you thinking of?
I am totally thinking of debinding goemon mangas to scan them in. I just find it weird that the glue inside the book is more important then the contents. And I have not seen the mangas really around. do you have them?

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I am totally thinking of debinding goemon mangas to scan them in. I just find it weird that the glue inside the book is more important then the contents. And I have not seen the mangas really around. do you have them?
The question is, can you restore them to their previous condition after removing the glue?
Again, there are specific scanners or services for that.. I'm guessing though it'll cost you less to scan them yourself. Not sure about the effort though.
What mangas do you have? One twitter user posted a while back the reprint of the first 3 volumes and some other books.
(btw, I wanted to post this reply yesterday, but trying to find that link.. no luck. I'll put it if I find it)
It was scanned and translated mostly a long time ago. But when mega upload went down, the scans were lost
There was a translation!? That's new to me. I thought only scans existed.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
The question is, can you restore them to their previous condition after removing the glue?
Again, there are specific scanners or services for that.. I'm guessing though it'll cost you less to scan them yourself. Not sure about the effort though.
What mangas do you have? One twitter user posted a while back the reprint of the first 3 volumes and some other books.
(btw, I wanted to post this reply yesterday, but trying to find that link.. no luck. I'll put it if I find it)
There was a translation!? That's new to me. I thought only scans existed.
I have comic bombom years half of 1995,1996,1997,1998,1999. And all goemon manga releases outside the 4 gaiden manga.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I have comic bombom years half of 1995,1996,1997,1998,1999. And all goemon manga releases outside the 4 gaiden manga.
Honestly, I don't identify them by the publishing year.. All I know is the mangas came for each game.. I think. I don't even know what you mean by "years half" to be frank :p
Ah, yes. The 4 gaiden ones, the hardest to come by.
Well, I don't know man. I personally would've hesitated.. a LOT, to a probable no. Scanning them would be a great service to the community.. that's the easy part. Destroying mangas that are not much out there however, is something I would find very hard to consider. First 3 volumes are out there already (not sure about the translation).. soo, those are already out.
Man, we need a proper scanner.. or that kind of service provider.
I know though for sure, scanning unbinded books is a ton easier and faster.. I don't know.. this is so cofusing.

Well, while we're at it, enjoy Goemon International latest video :)

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Been trying to set up the Parodius-centric twitter blog lately - hoping to throw in some good sum of Goemon-trivia related to the it being featured in Parodius-series throughout somewhere down the lane. Plenty under my archives of info researched~

Maybe I could dedicate a whole month for Goemon-centric trivia...

Anyway, a sample:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Goemon fans, your votes are needed.
We need you, NOW.

This is a once in a life time chance that we can get the whole gang made in the legendary line of Nendoroid figures. Vote for the Mystical Ninja series and your favorite character (or all four, who cares). Spread the news, tell everyone (who's a Goemon fan only.. ha). We need as many votes as possible. Let our Goemon figure desire finally be heard. Don't waste this chance, please.
Go to the link in the tweet and answer a super short survey, and you're done.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
We need you, NOW.

This is a once in a life time chance that we can get the whole gang made in the legendary line of Nendoroid figures. Vote for the Mystical Ninja series and your favorite character (or all four, who cares). Spread the news, tell everyone (who's a Goemon fan only.. ha). We need as many votes as possible. Let our Goemon figure desire finally be heard. Don't waste this chance, please.
Oh believe me, I'll be spreading the word to Goemon fans all around.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Been trying to set up the Parodius-centric twitter blog lately - hoping to throw in some good sum of Goemon-trivia related to the it being featured in Parodius-series throughout somewhere down the lane. Plenty under my archives of info researched~

Maybe I could dedicate a whole month for Goemon-centric trivia...

Anyway, a sample:

Awesome. I would love to see trivia.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Honestly, I don't identify them by the publishing year.. All I know is the mangas came for each game.. I think. I don't even know what you mean by "years half" to be frank :p
Ah, yes. The 4 gaiden ones, the hardest to come by.
Well, I don't know man. I personally would've hesitated.. a LOT, to a probable no. Scanning them would be a great service to the community.. that's the easy part. Destroying mangas that are not much out there however, is something I would find very hard to consider. First 3 volumes are out there already (not sure about the translation).. soo, those are already out.
Man, we need a proper scanner.. or that kind of service provider.
I know though for sure, scanning unbinded books is a ton easier and faster.. I don't know.. this is so cofusing.

Well, while we're at it, enjoy Goemon International latest video :)
I will get a pick of the other set soon. But like i said, i have all the bombom goemon releases outside the gaiden comics. Well. Ones i know of.

Attachments

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Oh believe me, I'll be spreading the word to Goemon fans all around.
Thank you, we need every vote we can get. Ends March 31st btw.
I will get a pick of the other set soon. But like i said, i have all the bombom goemon releases outside the gaiden comics. Well. Ones i know of.
That's a nice set man. Again, I'll be torn.. want to have those scanned, sure.. want to keep them pristine, absolutely.
Google "Book Scanners" and you'll see what I mean.. however the prices range from ~$180 to $28000.. as you can see, finding a service is much more cost effective. if there's any.
What is the Bombom comics?
A Japanese manga publisher

EDIT: Maan, some other fan bases got a sniff of the Nendoroid survey. We need a lot of votes to compete..

Last edited:

BackseatSakurai

Smash Rookie
We need you, NOW.

yooooo. I'm frothing at the mouth at the possibility of this! Imagine actually getting the full gang? I know that wouldn't happen but even just a Goemon would be amazing. I can imagine him coming with a few ryo, a plate of rice balls, the kiseru of course. :bee: rad

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Some pictures of goemon (and others) ads from comic bombom. The books smell moldy, whichis bad. I am thinking of debinding and scanning them all.

yooooo. I'm frothing at the mouth at the possibility of this! Imagine actually getting the full gang? I know that wouldn't happen but even just a Goemon would be amazing. I can imagine him coming with a few ryo, a plate of rice balls, the kiseru of course. :bee: rad
Also, could not find your goemon video. excited to see it.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Hi Goemon fans this is my first time coming to this thread and there is something I wanted to say my only experience with Goemon game was last month
Actually it’s Goemon 64 however someone has implemented the game into VRChat and it function the same in the 64 version the way you can fight and heal and complete missions I played it with one of my Japanese friend and he was introducing me to the series and many things about the game here is a screenshot he took of us playing together
2DDE3456-469C-4634-B03D-A3C8C2CD0D8B.jpeg

I actually enjoyed the experience

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Stay hopeful, who knows? and yeah, that'd be the awesomist awesomeness.. I think if they get past Goemon first, the rest of the gang are about sure. I mean they wouldn't pass more sales.
You forgot some triple or penta fire ryo toss :)
and.. as drag0nscythe drag0nscythe says, where's the Goemon video?
Some pictures of goemon (and others) ads from comic bombom. The books smell moldy, whichis bad. I am thinking of debinding and scanning them all.

Also, could not find your goemon video. excited to see it.
Man, thank you SO much. This is the clearest image of Goemon "5" review I ever came across. Not only that, but new images I never knew existed!
I get what you're saying, old books from Japan do smell moldy. Maybe it's the type of paper.. makes you want to burn it.. but you can't, haha.
Hi Goemon fans this is my first time coming to this thread and there is something I wanted to say my only experience with Goemon game was last month
Actually it’s Goemon 64 however someone has implemented the game into VRChat and it function the same in the 64 version the way you can fight and heal and complete missions I played it with one of my Japanese friend and he was introducing me to the series and many things about the game here is a screenshot he took of us playing together
I actually enjoyed the experience
Well hello and welcome :)
Care to join? ask drag0nscythe drag0nscythe to add you to the supporters list.
I knew about the VRChat but still yet to experience it, and being with one of the best games in the series, that must be great. Glad to know you had an enjoyable experience, hopefully gets you into the series and ultimately a fan. There're heaps n tons of things to know and enjoy about this gem of a series.
You know, I always thought, if Geno fans knew Sasuke more, they'd find plenty there.. a lot actually.
Welp, need anything to know about the series, just ask... we'll flood ya :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom