• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystical Ninja/Ganbare Goemon - Goemon Team - (Goemon Mii costume. "ONLY $0.75")

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Then again, if we'd like Goemon to have an upgrade chance it'll definitely be asked by Geno fans.
BUT.. it's because I think Geno's situation is out of Sakurai's hand. I think that's the max he could've done for Geno. Albeit it's surprising he didn't even get to be a DX Mii costume. Well I'm still hoping Goemon would get an upgrade and I think his chances of that despite how low it is, are higher than Geno.
Personally, I think that's the last Geno entry in Smash. Because if this is an "Ultimate" game and that's the extent of Square x Nintendo talks could lead to.. I don't think he's coming back... add to it the business perspective, a side character in a spin-off game with no future plans.
I feel bad for the fans.. moreover I worry for Goemon.. we'll see.

So now that 3 places are left for sure. Who'd fill these? Personally, since some are talking Eggman to complete the Good Vs. Evil trend. I'm wishing for Dr. Wily more. Also, it's strange and I don't mind it.. but come to think of it, Goemon doesn't have an apparent main villain.. I'd say Kabuki and Bismaru though.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Then again, if we'd like Goemon to have an upgrade chance it'll definitely be asked by Geno fans.
BUT.. it's because I think Geno's situation is out of Sakurai's hand. I think that's the max he could've done for Geno. Albeit it's surprising he didn't even get to be a DX Mii costume. Well I'm still hoping Goemon would get an upgrade and I think his chances of that despite how low it is, are higher than Geno.
Personally, I think that's the last Geno entry in Smash. Because if this is an "Ultimate" game and that's the extent of Square x Nintendo talks could lead to.. I don't think he's coming back... add to it the business perspective, a side character in a spin-off game with no future plans.
I feel bad for the fans.. moreover I worry for Goemon.. we'll see.

So now that 3 places are left for sure. Who'd fill these? Personally, since some are talking Eggman to complete the Good Vs. Evil trend. I'm wishing for Dr. Wily more. Also, it's strange and I don't mind it.. but come to think of it, Goemon doesn't have an apparent main villain.. I'd say Kabuki and Bismaru though.
I think Geno could still happen if we get a Fighter's Pass 3. But my predictions for the next 3 fighters are: Crash, Dr. Eggman, and Chun-Li. Also, I wouldn't be thinking about Kabuki or Bismaru when we haven't even gotten Goemon, Ebismaru, Sasuke, and Yae in yet.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I think Geno could still happen if we get a Fighter's Pass 3. But my predictions for the next 3 fighters are: Crash, Dr. Eggman, and Chun-Li. Also, I wouldn't be thinking about Kabuki or Bismaru when we haven't even gotten Goemon, Ebismaru, Sasuke, and Yae in yet.
Unless Sakurai is pulling one giant prank... I don't know.
What brought Chun-Li to the fray? Noh, I don't think they'll go for more SF characters.. if so, it'll definitely be Akuma, cause he's the evil face of SF.. or M.Bison/Vega. Akuma however makes more sense since he'll basically be another clone.

Oh you got me wrong, simply in prediction/assumption mode here.. say we got Goemon, who'd be a fitting villain to join Smash? that's my question.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Unless Sakurai is pulling one giant prank... I don't know.
What brought Chun-Li to the fray? Noh, I don't think they'll go for more SF characters.. if so, it'll definitely be Akuma, cause he's the evil face of SF.. or M.Bison/Vega. Akuma however makes more sense since he'll basically be another clone.

Oh you got me wrong, simply in prediction/assumption mode here.. say we got Goemon, who'd be a fitting villain to join Smash? that's my question.
So I heard from xenother xenother that one of his sources heard a rumor that they were working on Chun-Li during base game but scrapped her due to not finding a satisfying enough moveset in time. If true, it's a similar situation to Heihachi in Smash 4 who was considered but dropped due to his complex moveset. But I think Chun-Li could get in as DLC if this is true especially now that Sephiroth is in.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
So I heard from xenother xenother that one of his sources heard a rumor that they were working on Chun-Li during base game but scrapped her due to not finding a satisfying enough moveset in time. If true, it's a similar situation to Heihachi in Smash 4 who was considered but dropped due to his complex moveset. But I think Chun-Li could get in as DLC if this is true especially now that Sephiroth is in.
This goes against the sense of Ultimate's theme.. Good Vs. Evil. Chun-Li would not serve that, despite how famous she is.
I don't think Sakurai would pass Akuma or M.Bison for Chun-Li. Maybe she got scrapped because she didn't fit the theme.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This goes against the sense of Ultimate's theme.. Good Vs. Evil. Chun-Li would not serve that, despite how famous she is.
I don't think Sakurai would pass Akuma or M.Bison for Chun-Li. Maybe she got scrapped because she didn't fit the theme.
I don't think Ultimate is completely going for a "Good vs evil" theme though. Plus Chun-Li is one of the most iconic secondary 3rd party characters along with Tails, Eggman, M. Bison, and Sephiroth.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
say we got Goemon, who'd be a fitting villain to join Smash? that's my question.
Sorry there GoeGoe I didn't see your question. Personally I would want Jurokubei, but I think it should be Seppukumaru as he's the antagonist of Goemon's most praised title and being in the anime. Easily, Seppukumaru is the most iconic Goemon villain aside from Kabuki.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Sorry there GoeGoe I didn't see your question. Personally I would want Jurokubei, but I think it should be Seppukumaru as he's the antagonist of Goemon's most praised title and being in the anime. Easily, Seppukumaru is the most iconic Goemon villain aside from Kabuki.
No worries..
and man.. how did Seppukumaru escape me..
I'm blaming Bismaru for that.. 😅

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Amazing 😍

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Amazing 😍
I want that stage. that stage was great

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Amazing 😍
Has this person upload this stage online yet? Because I would like to know the ID address for this stage so I could play it.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I'm not sure. But I'm pretty sure if someone reports you to Nintendo and they find out you're using mods, they will ban your Nintendo account from online forever.
Me!? That's not my mod.. and if not, I don't see why that was brought up. In anyway, would a modder even bother with an account to begin with.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Me!? That's not my mod.. and if not, I don't see why that was brought up. In anyway, would a modder even bother with an account to begin with.
I wasn't trying to say it was your mod, I was just saying if you were the modder who created the stage you would probably get banned for life from Nintendo if someone reports you.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I wasn't trying to say it was your mod, I was just saying if you were the modder who created the stage you would probably get banned for life from Nintendo if someone reports you.
Nintendo's weird honestly.
I think I only signed once or twice for their online service.. after that didn't see any benefits to it.
Maybe if Goemon joins.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Nintendo's weird honestly.
I think I only signed once or twice for their online service.. after that didn't see any benefits to it.
Maybe if Goemon joins.
Same with me, I do not see any reason to pay for such services if they are not an improvement over the service of past consoles. Many would say it is one's fault of not having cloud data back up but not all games have that and I have heard the cloud service is not a guarantee.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Same with me, I do not see any reason to pay for such services if they are not an improvement over the service of past consoles. Many would say it is one's fault of not having cloud data back up but not all games have that and I have heard the cloud service is not a guarantee.
It's not even the improvement of the service.. I just don't need it, not much into online games anymore. I signed to get rewards in Smash and Splatoon.
and honestly, I don't favor playing against irritating players

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
As you all know (I think), Konami keeps hiding cameos or hints of their IPs in their other games. I know of plenty, but I never ever thought it'd be hidden in this game! PES! out of all Konami games. Yes, PES 2013. This is a great find by a Goemon fan. There're of course other IPs, but the crown jewel is our Mystical Ninja.. in a new tune (well, sort of..).
Skip to 7:26 :)

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Hey! Who wants a Hello and thank you from the one and only, the real Ebisumaru himself?
I'm guessing this would be a first for many :)
(it's a short one, but it's worth it)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hey! Who wants a Hello and thank you from the one and only, the real Ebisumaru himself?
I've seen Ebisu before, but I've never heard him speak. I didn't know he knew English that kind of caught me off guard. The Goemon related questions I would ask this man if I could meet him.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Cant buy it right niw, but it is ib my list for next purchases when my budget gets healthier in may.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I've seen Ebisu before, but I've never heard him speak. I didn't know he knew English that kind of caught me off guard. The Goemon related questions I would ask this man if I could meet him.
First, one giant anaconda hug.
then we talk.. a lot :)
Yeah, this was my first too.. so happy about it, and he looks like genuinely a nice person.
Cant buy it right now, but it is in my list for next purchases when my budget gets healthier in may.
I'm in no way was aiming to promote the game. I do want it, but honestly just because it's from Etsu :)
Don't feel obliged to get this game.. remember, he's working on a Goemon spiritual successor.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
BIG NEWS!
Konami just opened an official merch shop that includes.. Yes, 🎈🎉🎊AN OFFICIAL GOEMON SHOP!!🎊 🎉 🎈

Edit: The site states that it'll get updated by new items every 2 weeks. They've also tweeted that they'll cycle through their merch. I'm guessing on that said interval. Hey, Goemon merch forever. Let's hope a new game is on the way.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I kind of thought Sakurai and co have abandoned the switching to multiple characters gimmick since Pokemon Trainer in Brawl was our last character with that gimmick and they split Zelda, Sheik, Samus, and Zero Suit Samus apart from each other since Smash 4. But now that we got Pyra/Mythra, my faith in us getting Goemon/Ebismaru/Sasuke/Yae all together has really risen in hope. I think if we ever get Goemon, we'll get the rest of the Goemon Gang as well since it's how they play in the games with them switching out. And now we know these Pokemon Trainer type gimmicky characters can be DLC as well so that's a plus. I think one of us needs to make a thread for the whole Goemon Gang together as I think more Goemon and non Goemon fans alike would be more up for that than Goemon alone as the Goemon Gang together would be much more of a interesting fighter conspect.

BIG NEWS!
Konami just opened an official merch shop that includes.. Yes, 🎈🎉🎊AN OFFICIAL GOEMON SHOP!!🎊 🎉 🎈

Edit: The site states that it'll get updated by new items every 2 weeks. They've also tweeted that they'll cycle through their merch. I'm guessing on that said interval. Hey, Goemon merch forever. Let's hope a new game is on the way.
That's very exciting news. But what I really want is a new Ganbare Goemon game.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I kind of thought Sakurai and co have abandoned the switching to multiple characters gimmick since Pokemon Trainer in Brawl was our last character with that gimmick and they split Zelda, Sheik, Samus, and Zero Suit Samus apart from each other since Smash 4. But now that we got Pyra/Mythra, my faith in us getting Goemon/Ebismaru/Sasuke/Yae all together has really risen in hope. I think if we ever get Goemon, we'll get the rest of the Goemon Gang as well since it's how they play in the games with them switching out. And now we know these Pokemon Trainer type gimmicky characters can be DLC as well so that's a plus. I think one of us needs to make a thread for the whole Goemon Gang together as I think more Goemon and non Goemon fans alike would be more up for that than Goemon alone as the Goemon Gang together would be much more of a interesting fighter conspect.

That's very exciting news. But what I really want is a new Ganbare Goemon game.
The moment I watched the (boring.. yeah I'm not into that entry at all as it seems like another Fire Emblem one) Pyra trailer, that came to mind.. and I'm not sure if I said this before (I think I did), but we've already created a whole plan for the Goemon gang wink

However, and unfortunately, what that trailer says too.. is that Mii costumes have a none to low chance of becoming full characters. I mean, if sakurai himself said he wanted Rex (I think), he avoided the conflict of having him as DLC. Now that's said, Goemon could still has his chance because the character would be a 4-in-1 situation, meaning there's no conflict whatsoever.. and yes, another wink

As for the new game.. who knows, stay hopeful. Konami is going full on their store.. maybe they're gauging their next entry by the merch count. There's actually a hidden hint.. if you look closely at their shop you'll notice something weird.. however might spell good things for our hero.. can you tell what it is?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The moment I watched the (boring.. yeah I'm not into that entry at all as it seems like another Fire Emblem one) Pyra trailer, that came to mind.. and I'm not sure if I said this before (I think I did), but we've already created a whole plan for the Goemon gang wink

However, and unfortunately, what that trailer says too.. is that Mii costumes have a none to low chance of becoming full characters. I mean, if sakurai himself said he wanted Rex (I think), he avoided the conflict of having him as DLC. Now that's said, Goemon could still has his chance because the character would be a 4-in-1 situation, meaning there's no conflict whatsoever.. and yes, another wink

As for the new game.. who knows, stay hopeful. Konami is going full on their store.. maybe they're gauging their next entry by the merch count. There's actually a hidden hint.. if you look closely at their shop you'll notice something weird.. however might spell good things for our hero.. can you tell what it is?
I still might make the Goemon Gang thread if the mods are okay with the idea. If we can get more supporters in through that thread and idea, than I think it will be worth presenting it to everybody.

Top Bottom