• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mystery solved? flower/bud/leaf meaning

Dnyce

Smash Master
So, I'm not 100% sure this is correct.... but I'm pretty sure it's used as a secondary Pikmin ordering. Whistle first aligns by color, then by evolution.

But I'm a bit stumped.... So far, flowers can never be whistled to the front unless there are only leaf OR bud present; however, if all 3 evolutions of that color are out... flowers will always be second, and only the leaf and bud will alternate between being in the front and back. Anyone know how I could test this better? lol

I mean, it makes sense that you wouldn't want flower Pikmin first, since if you've had them out long enough to flower they probably have low HP, so you're less likely to have your hitbox die after ordering.... but idk. Something doesn't seem right <_<

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
*Reads thread*

Wait till 6 pikmin flower, throw 4 off. Wait until 4 bud, throw 2 off. Now you have two of every evolution. Whistle and see what happens.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I just decided to start abusing the order on whistle and happened to notice. Most people watch our line, but idk anyone who keeps track of our whistle order too

*Reads thread*

Wait till 6 pikmin flower, throw 4 off. Wait until 4 bud, throw 2 off. Now you have two of every evolution. Whistle and see what happens.
On phone double post (help me out clover <3)

They all have to be the same color though =\

EDIT:

okay, so upon trying it again... I got a completely different result. This time, bud was stuck in the center and only leaf/flower rotated front and back @.@

Differences between test 1 and 2
Test one: FD, blue pikmin, 3 pikmin
Test two: Lylat, yellow pikmin, 4 pikmin (two flowers)

when I first noticed it, I had all different colors and 2 purples that alternated flower and leaf on BF

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
If this is already confusing, image trying it with more species pf Pikmin in SSB4

Top Bottom